Barcia takes out Sexton

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2020 7:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2020 7:12 AM

If you're wondering what happened to Sexton and Barcia at the start of moto 2 here it is.

*Already a thread about this but Barcia is not in the title of the thread. Figured people wouldn't want to miss this.

|

9/9/2020 7:16 AM

unintentional imo

|

9/9/2020 7:17 AM

Looked to me like Sexton bounced off of the berm and his line came together with Barcia’s. Seems like a racing incident. Photo

|

9/9/2020 7:20 AM

Sexton stepped on a mine

|

9/9/2020 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2020 7:26 AM

Sully wrote:

Looked to me like Sexton bounced off of the berm and his line came together with Barcia’s. Seems like a racing incident. Photo

Tickle was able to hold his line without taking anyone out. Barcia "crossed a couple ruts".

|

9/9/2020 7:27 AM

Sully wrote:

str8line wrote:

Tickle was able to hold his line without taking anyone out. Barcia "crossed a couple ruts".

Tickle and Barcia were not in the same rut lol. watch it again with your glasses on this time. Photo

|

9/9/2020 7:28 AM

Sully wrote:

str8line wrote:

Huh? Look at the angle of Sexton’s bike and compare it to the rut Barcia is in (and stayed in). I’m not saying Sexton did anything wrong, just a racing incident.

|

9/9/2020 7:36 AM

Yes he did. He ran out of rut and broke traction. A typical racing incident when you are fighting for position off the start. Bad on Barcia. It may have put an end to his title shot.

|

9/9/2020 8:14 AM

Their lines crossed. In the pic above, you can follow Barcia’s rut all the way into Sexton’s line. Toward the end of Barcia’s rut you can see a fork, with the right rut being the dominant one. He went into the rut on the right which led him straight into Sexton’s line. Barcia’s a douche, but I don’t think this one is on him. Just two dudes on the gas who unfortunately ended up in the same spot at the same time.

|

9/9/2020 8:20 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Their lines crossed. In the pic above, you can follow Barcia’s rut all the way into Sexton’s line. Toward the end of Barcia’s rut you can see a fork, with the right rut being the dominant one. He went into the rut on the right which led him straight into Sexton’s line. Barcia’s a douche, but I don’t think this one is on him. Just two dudes on the gas who unfortunately ended up in the same spot at the same time.

Agree with 'it was racing', especially on a 450 start where if you let off you die!

|

9/9/2020 8:21 AM

It was a bit aggressive, but these things happen.

|

9/9/2020 8:22 AM

Glob of mud on Tickle’s GoPro giving him a thumbs up.

|

9/9/2020 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2020 8:26 AM

Justin was just giving Sexton his "welcome tap".

|

9/9/2020 8:38 AM

you seem pretty hung up on this, bro

|

9/9/2020 8:42 AM

sandtrack315 wrote:

It was a bit aggressive, but these things happen.

Agreed, and it's a racing incident.

BUT, everyone knows when you are around Barcia this stuff can happen.

Sexton got Barcia'd....

|

9/9/2020 8:50 AM

100% racing incident

|

9/9/2020 9:07 AM

I agree, but Barcia sure seems to have more "racing incidents" than the rest of the current racers.

|

9/9/2020 9:08 AM

peelout wrote:

you seem pretty hung up on this, bro

Barcia is in my head, bro.
|

9/9/2020 9:21 AM

Barcia Welcoming him to the 450 class.

|

9/9/2020 9:27 AM

Barcia is my hero on the track. I'm not welcome at the track anymore.

|

9/9/2020 9:27 AM

sdmx wrote:

I agree, but Barcia sure seems to have more "racing incidents" than the rest of the current racers.

I’m sure that’s purely coincidence and Barcia never has any intention of making contact with anyone.

|

9/9/2020 9:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2020 10:00 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

I’m sure that’s purely coincidence and Barcia never has any intention of making contact with anyone.

Right?! It's all coincidences these days.

I'd love to see how many unintentional incidents Barcia has had since outdoors started. Probably a few that weren't caught on video.

|

9/9/2020 10:37 AM

sdmx wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

str8line wrote:

Right?! It's all coincidences these days.

I'd love to see how many unintentional incidents Barcia has had since outdoors started. Probably a few that weren't caught on video.

Barcia is very aggressive and a bit wild but I think him being out there makes for some great racing action and entertainment.

|

9/9/2020 10:45 AM

His argument with a amateur in Buttery’s most recent vlog is very funny. Bought the dude a lever lol He dishes it out, he gets it back, sometimes he likes it, some times he doesn’t. Still entertaining to watch.

|

9/9/2020 10:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2020 10:47 AM

If that was Ferrandis some people would be burning French flags and trying to give The Statue of Liberty back.

|

9/9/2020 10:48 AM

You can’t tell me that Barcia was not gunning to give Sexton a love tap in that corner? I personally don’t see how Sexton jumped out of his line. The first few turns are vital to get to the front as quick as possible, but this was a rookie mistake you’d expect someone like AC or Sexton to do. Not on the receiving end.

Anyways...I jumped off the Barcia band wagon a while ago. Nuts on a bike and sure shakes things up, but can’t take it at all when someone does it back to him. I’d be scared shitless running at that speed with a rider that unpredictable behind me.

Photo

|

9/9/2020 11:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2020 11:06 AM

Anyone that thinks Barcia wasn’t anticipating to make contact is crazy.

Contact doesn’t bother me. Barcia crying when every someone touches him does tho.

|

9/9/2020 11:09 AM

He is very lucky Craig did not run over his legs.

|

9/9/2020 11:11 AM

What I noticed right away was that as soon as Tickle got past the mayhem and flying bodies, he takes a quick look back. Probably thinking "whoa".
The other thing I noticed was Barcia and Sexton were both on the gas hard with lines/angles that came together. Shit was happening so fast that there was just no avoiding that collision. Just my observation.

|

9/9/2020 11:13 AM

Pause it at like 22 sec. or just watch it several times. Dude is leaned over shredding the shit out of that rut yet people still think he was trying to bash into Sexton...

|