Barcia staying with Yamaha, whats this refusal thing!

mirramaxx
9/13/2020 7:34am
I just want to know already!!! I want official PR that it's a done deal.
Brent
9/13/2020 8:33am
I’m not sure, is Keith McCarty still running Yamaha racing? I have been told by someone there that he was being let go?
outerlimits
9/13/2020 9:10am
Brent wrote:
I’m not sure, is Keith McCarty still running Yamaha racing? I have been told by someone there that he was being let go?
I heard he was actually retiring rather than being let go, but could be just heresay.
DE262
9/13/2020 9:11am
Keith "Retired"...sorta.

Amongst other team member adjustments.

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
9/13/2020 9:43am
Brent wrote:
They are letting him retire.
philG
9/13/2020 10:18am
LKHill wrote:
That's why it's called a team. If the coach or GM sucks you won't win.
No, but you will still get paid, waste tons of money, and blame it on someone else.

Reed alluded to the issues at Yamaha, and i am sitting here thinking of the last time the blue bike was a true contender .

Success follows certain people around, DeCoster for instance has been successful at Honda, Suzuki and now KTM, but i think the main reason that happens, is that he hires the right people , and lets them get the fuck on with it, and gets them what they need to do the job. He is 'hands on' in a lot of aspects, but he always delivers.

I have seen the same, the best guy to work for, is the guy that hires you for your skills, and lets you crack on, not one that hires you for your skills and then makes you do it 'his way'.

It does like Yamaha may have turned a corner, Preston and RV seem to have righted the ship a bit, whatever their input has been, and Tickle has shown the bike is decent

Huckster
9/13/2020 10:21am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2020 10:23am
philG wrote:
No, but you will still get paid, waste tons of money, and blame it on someone else. Reed alluded to the issues at Yamaha, and i...
No, but you will still get paid, waste tons of money, and blame it on someone else.

Reed alluded to the issues at Yamaha, and i am sitting here thinking of the last time the blue bike was a true contender .

Success follows certain people around, DeCoster for instance has been successful at Honda, Suzuki and now KTM, but i think the main reason that happens, is that he hires the right people , and lets them get the fuck on with it, and gets them what they need to do the job. He is 'hands on' in a lot of aspects, but he always delivers.

I have seen the same, the best guy to work for, is the guy that hires you for your skills, and lets you crack on, not one that hires you for your skills and then makes you do it 'his way'.

It does like Yamaha may have turned a corner, Preston and RV seem to have righted the ship a bit, whatever their input has been, and Tickle has shown the bike is decent

Yes, it took Broc Tickles amazing results to show the bike is good. You are a classic!!
Brent
9/13/2020 10:49am
UpTiTe wrote:
They are letting him retire.
Well now that old management is gone, the big question is will the StarRacing 450s be as good as the 250s are now?

You hear stories all the time about how Yamaha race team management wouldn’t allow riders to change certain things on the bike to suit them. I just don’t get that .
philG
9/13/2020 10:52am
Huckster wrote:
Yes, it took Broc Tickles amazing results to show the bike is good. You are a classic!!
No, Broc jumping on it off the couch , and being decent, shows there isnt a lot wrong with it.
Zycki11
9/13/2020 11:11am
Huckster wrote:
philG wrote:
No, Broc jumping on it off the couch , and being decent, shows there isnt a lot wrong with it.
Not to mention he is a good test rider. Getting top tier pros to test the bike examples( RV, Canard, Tedesco) helps tremendously. What do you think canard is doing right now? Riding the new 21 Honda and getting good base settings as well as picking correct components for the factory riders.

Tickle and RV are doing that with Yamaha. They haven’t had the help in the testing department for the factory bike. Sure, Preston rode Barcias bike last year and got it back on track. Until the factory and management allow the riders input to direct the changes, the bike will not improve. Hence the mostly stock bike JB rode this year.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/13/2020 11:54am
MotoX85 wrote:
I'm a big Barcia fan, but if he said the bike was a shitbox in SLC, then he's covering his own ass. I've rode for over...
I'm a big Barcia fan, but if he said the bike was a shitbox in SLC, then he's covering his own ass. I've rode for over 45 years, every brand under the sun. In 2018, Yamaha completely changed the 450 to be a good bike.

With that being said, the 2020 YZ is by far the best bike I've ever rode. If Barcia is not making it work for him, thats on him. However, I do know that the people that Yamaha just let retire and let go had some seriously hard heads and might not have let Barcia make the changes he wanted.

Something that I think would be solved if Star does take over the factory effort.
mb60 wrote:
So what you are saying is if the bike works for you it should work for Barcia as well. LOL
Yep if it works for a 50+ guy (guessing on age of starting at 5-6 +’45 years “experience”), it should work for the fastest guys in the world!!
RMT
9/13/2020 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2020 1:56pm
MotoX85 wrote:
I'm a big Barcia fan, but if he said the bike was a shitbox in SLC, then he's covering his own ass. I've rode for over...
I'm a big Barcia fan, but if he said the bike was a shitbox in SLC, then he's covering his own ass. I've rode for over 45 years, every brand under the sun. In 2018, Yamaha completely changed the 450 to be a good bike.

With that being said, the 2020 YZ is by far the best bike I've ever rode. If Barcia is not making it work for him, thats on him. However, I do know that the people that Yamaha just let retire and let go had some seriously hard heads and might not have let Barcia make the changes he wanted.

Something that I think would be solved if Star does take over the factory effort.
mb60 wrote:
So what you are saying is if the bike works for you it should work for Barcia as well. LOL
yak651 wrote:
Yep if it works for a 50+ guy (guessing on age of starting at 5-6 +’45 years “experience”), it should work for the fastest guys in...
Yep if it works for a 50+ guy (guessing on age of starting at 5-6 +’45 years “experience”), it should work for the fastest guys in the world!!
He is saying that they are starting with a good bike, it should only get better from there.
Lurk Ing
9/13/2020 2:23pm
Huckster wrote:
philG wrote:
I think you're spot on with this reply about Tickles performance off the couch and the post it goes back to regarding letting people do their job and Yamaha turning a corner with some moved on and Keith going out to pasture. It's been well documented.

Post a reply to: Barcia staying with Yamaha, whats this refusal thing!

The Latest