Barcia says he would ride a 250 in MXDN if asked

Sandusky26
7/3/2022 4:08pm
yak651 wrote:
It was a Honda, shat do you expect, they can’t even keep the factory bike running…how is a privateer effort going to??
Pro Circuit was building the engines. Funny he had engine trouble once he had a big points lead.
8tensolutions
7/3/2022 4:13pm
cappelmans wrote:
Why not Tomac, Sexton, Anderson. Clearly the best team for USA to me
They are clearly our three fastest guys, but Anderson's inconsistency is starting to worry me a bit. Dare I say it, but has Dungey entered the...
They are clearly our three fastest guys, but Anderson's inconsistency is starting to worry me a bit. Dare I say it, but has Dungey entered the conversation yet?
dboivin wrote:
i'd take dungey for U.S.A. team before any others. i like sexton but im not keen on him for usdn. i'd run diesel RD5, ET3 and...
i'd take dungey for U.S.A. team before any others. i like sexton but im not keen on him for usdn.

i'd run diesel RD5, ET3 and barcia on little bike. barcia gets good starts and will move forward as much as he can. dungey will be consistent which is what is needed. not sure which tomac shows up......lot will depend on red bud prep.
Dungey choked in many MXON's and has been back for five races and way off the pace. Impressive yes, but not that level. Give Barcia a 250 and ET and Sexton on the other two. That gives DeCoster an Austrian bike in the mix, so he should be fine with it.
Keith72
7/3/2022 5:03pm
chadder44 wrote:
My vote is dependent on whether Herlings is racing or not. If Herlings is there I want Eli and Chase on 450s to race him, with...
My vote is dependent on whether Herlings is racing or not.

If Herlings is there I want Eli and Chase on 450s to race him, with Bam Bam or Craig on a 250.

If Herlings is out, Eli would have nothing to prove. I'd love to see him on a Star 250, with Chase and Anderson on 450s.
Why would Eli want to ride a 250???
karsmakers
7/3/2022 5:59pm
Ask yourself who want's to win the most? It seems like most of these younger riders in the 250 class don't have that drive. RJ does but he crashes a lot. Barcia or JA21 have a level of desire and will that surpasses any of these young guys. You KNOW they will give it everything!

The Shop

neysbo
7/3/2022 6:22pm
cappelmans wrote:
Why not Tomac, Sexton, Anderson. Clearly the best team for USA to me
They are clearly our three fastest guys, but Anderson's inconsistency is starting to worry me a bit. Dare I say it, but has Dungey entered the...
They are clearly our three fastest guys, but Anderson's inconsistency is starting to worry me a bit. Dare I say it, but has Dungey entered the conversation yet?
Alex814 wrote:
I posted it in another thread after high point, Tomac and Dungey on 450 with Sexton on a 250 would be my choice. Our team needs...
I posted it in another thread after high point, Tomac and Dungey on 450 with Sexton on a 250 would be my choice. Our team needs consistency, there aren't three more reliable guys right now.
Sexton is to big for the 250, he is like 6 foot and 170 pounds or better. Barcia actually could be a good pick.
swe292
7/3/2022 6:26pm
Picking Christian Craig is essentially the same as picking cole seely and Thomas Covington.
7/3/2022 6:28pm
prozach wrote:
Craig seems like an obvious choice. He has been faster than barcia and spent half the year on a 250.
Press516 wrote:
Much of the anti Craig nonsense comes from his early pro years... This modern Craig is a different rider. On the other hand, I like a...
Much of the anti Craig nonsense comes from his early pro years...

This modern Craig is a different rider.

On the other hand, I like a motivated Barcia better than Cooper for sure. I'm not against Cooper, he's just struggling this year and trending in the wrong direction. I do think Cooper wants redemption for the mud race and will put everything he's got in to it.
2019 was his early pro years? In 6 races he managed one top 10
Johnny Ringo
7/3/2022 6:42pm
yak651 wrote:
It was a Honda, shat do you expect, they can’t even keep the factory bike running…how is a privateer effort going to??
Sandusky26 wrote:
Pro Circuit was building the engines. Funny he had engine trouble once he had a big points lead.
Why would Mitch intentionally put a shitty product out there for the world to see? Great advertising, “buy our motors, they suck. Just look at Brown”
Sandusky26
7/3/2022 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2022 6:56pm
Why would Mitch intentionally put a shitty product out there for the world to see? Great advertising, “buy our motors, they suck. Just look at Brown”
His mechanic was Corey Shea and he would agree with me. I read a super super old post by Corey on here, he said Mitch wasn’t cutting the valves seats between races. If I could find the post I would add it here. Brownie was paying for the engines.

I would think Monster wouldn’t be pumped on a privateer winning with Mitch building the engines.
prozach
7/3/2022 7:14pm
swe292 wrote:
Picking Christian Craig is essentially the same as picking cole seely and Thomas Covington.
Lol, the guy is 6th in 450 points., 2 points out of 5th and ahead of Barcia. He also won a 250 championship this year... And you compare him to Thomas Covington? Lol
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
7/3/2022 7:26pm
Send deegan.

I kid, our 250’s are a shit show, I’d probably send mosiman and hope he has 1 good race.
7/3/2022 8:13pm
swe292 wrote:
prozach wrote:
Lol, the guy is 6th in 450 points., 2 points out of 5th and ahead of Barcia. He also won a 250 championship this year... And...
Lol, the guy is 6th in 450 points., 2 points out of 5th and ahead of Barcia. He also won a 250 championship this year... And you compare him to Thomas Covington? Lol
Is there a MXdN sx championship or am I missing something? He's dead last in 250 points since he doesn't race one. What's his results on a 450 have to do with anything?
chadder44
7/3/2022 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2022 8:47pm
chadder44 wrote:
My vote is dependent on whether Herlings is racing or not. If Herlings is there I want Eli and Chase on 450s to race him, with...
My vote is dependent on whether Herlings is racing or not.

If Herlings is there I want Eli and Chase on 450s to race him, with Bam Bam or Craig on a 250.

If Herlings is out, Eli would have nothing to prove. I'd love to see him on a Star 250, with Chase and Anderson on 450s.
Keith72 wrote:
Why would Eli want to ride a 250???
Yeah I'm sure he wouldn't, it was wishful thinking. But again my actual wish is for Herlings and Tomac to go head to head on 450s obviously. I just think if Herlings is out, Eli would have nothing to prove. As a fan I wouldn't normally want our best guy in the slowest class, but it would be sick to see him on the greatest 250f of all time and pull an RV and go 1-1 on it. I also think that Jason and Chase deserve to go more than Barcia, Craig, or Cooper.... but wouldn't be as nearly as good on a 250f as Eli would be on a that Star Bike.
swe292
7/3/2022 9:05pm
swe292 wrote:
prozach wrote:
Lol, the guy is 6th in 450 points., 2 points out of 5th and ahead of Barcia. He also won a 250 championship this year... And...
Doubt Christian Craig could ever win an mxgp....
crusher773
7/3/2022 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2022 12:52pm
Give me Eli, Dungey for the consistency and either Sexton or Barcia step down. Either one are on a 250 team also. Zacho as an alternate for any of them if there is an injury and RC as manager.
dv12.com
Fantasy
181st
7/3/2022 11:31pm
For me, there’s no debate. Tomac, Sexton, Anderson and whoever is the most motivated to ride the 250, put him on it. Sometimes for this race, you gotta take one for the team. All three brands have a great 250. Yamaha is well proven. The Honda is tremendously better than previous years. The Kawi looks good this year outdoors and looked like it improved a lot (even from SX).

I’ve dropped down in 99 in Brazil to ride a shitty 125. Got roosted all day by guys I’d smoke on a 250 but I still had fun and we (France) got 2nd.

Anderson, with the speed/results (he won a race, guys!!) he’s shown/had this MX season is a way better choice than Barcia is you compare the 2 in the last 5 MX races.

Anderson won a MXDN moto before and the US should have won in Maggiora if the Japanese lapper didn’t land on El Hombre’s helmet on the finish line jump. He’s having the best MX season of his career. I don’t see Barcia beating Vialle, Geerts, (a) Lawrence or de Wolf on a 250, even at home in Red Bud. Anderson with his speed and the way he rides this year, I’m confident he could.

But hear me out... MXDN isn't divided per class. You don't have to win every class to win the overall. A few facts:

-You don't have to beat Herlings to win. I'm sure he went 1-1 before without winning the "race"
-You don't have to beat Gasjer to win. His country will never win MXDN
-France won 4-5 in a row and sometimes without winning a single class

As an American, you have to ask yourself what 250 rider with an American passport can have the best results against the 450s and what rider has access to the best 250 to compete against the 450s if you could pick anyone. Today, if I had to pick anyone to race a 250 to go race 450 guys, I'd pick a Yamaha rider so I'd pick Eli Tomac.

Yes, but you gonna say, yeah but Tomac can go 1-1. It doesn't matter if Eli goes 1-1 on a 450 and your 250 guy goes 12-13. The US won't win. Have Sexton/Anderson be in the top 3 in both of their motos and get an Eli in steamroller mode on a super powered Yami and get top 3 in the MX2/MX3 race and top 5-6 in the MX1/MX2 race. And this people, it's how to win the Motocross des Nations. You might not win a moto but you'll bring/keep the trophy home

If you guys need a team manager who thinks outside the box without any ties to any motorcycle manufactures nor energy drinks, I'm free at the end of September and I'm American now.... hahaha
yz133rider
7/4/2022 1:08am
dv12.com wrote:
For me, there’s no debate. Tomac, Sexton, Anderson and whoever is the most motivated to ride the 250, put him on it. Sometimes for this race...
For me, there’s no debate. Tomac, Sexton, Anderson and whoever is the most motivated to ride the 250, put him on it. Sometimes for this race, you gotta take one for the team. All three brands have a great 250. Yamaha is well proven. The Honda is tremendously better than previous years. The Kawi looks good this year outdoors and looked like it improved a lot (even from SX).

I’ve dropped down in 99 in Brazil to ride a shitty 125. Got roosted all day by guys I’d smoke on a 250 but I still had fun and we (France) got 2nd.

Anderson, with the speed/results (he won a race, guys!!) he’s shown/had this MX season is a way better choice than Barcia is you compare the 2 in the last 5 MX races.

Anderson won a MXDN moto before and the US should have won in Maggiora if the Japanese lapper didn’t land on El Hombre’s helmet on the finish line jump. He’s having the best MX season of his career. I don’t see Barcia beating Vialle, Geerts, (a) Lawrence or de Wolf on a 250, even at home in Red Bud. Anderson with his speed and the way he rides this year, I’m confident he could.

But hear me out... MXDN isn't divided per class. You don't have to win every class to win the overall. A few facts:

-You don't have to beat Herlings to win. I'm sure he went 1-1 before without winning the "race"

As an American, you have to ask yourself what 250 rider with an American passport can have the best results against the 450s and what rider has access to the best 250 to compete against the 450s if you could pick anyone. Today, if I had to pick anyone to race a 250 to go race 450 guys, I'd pick a Yamaha rider so I'd pick Eli Tomac.

Yes, but you gonna say, yeah but Tomac can go 1-1. It doesn't matter if Eli goes 1-1 on a 450 and your 250 guy goes 12-13. The US won't win. Have Sexton/Anderson be in the top 3 in both of their motos and get an Eli in steamroller mode on a super powered Yami and get top 3 in the MX2/MX3 race and top 5-6 in the MX1/MX2 race. And this people, it's how to win the Motocross des Nations. You might not win a moto but you'll bring/keep the trophy home

If you guys need a team manager who thinks outside the box without any ties to any motorcycle manufactures nor energy drinks, I'm free at the end of September and I'm American now.... hahaha
Agreed 1000%.

How many mx2 riders do we really think would beat Anderson, Sexton, or Tomac at their current forms?

Yes there’s an adjustment going back to a 250 but it won’t matter for those guys.

Fitness will not be an issue going that direction and like you’re pointing out they don’t have to go 1-1 on the 250, just do well against the other 250s and keep the overall scores solid and low.

I’ll be upset if they pick the top 250 guy over the best 3 riders.

Pick the best 3, and put the lightest on the 250 and let’s go!
snackfedbear
7/4/2022 1:30am
Put Anderson on a lites bike and watch him Cole Squeely the shit out of all the competition
bowl
7/4/2022 1:42am
dv12.com wrote:
For me, there’s no debate. Tomac, Sexton, Anderson and whoever is the most motivated to ride the 250, put him on it. Sometimes for this race...

yz133rider wrote:
Agreed 1000%. How many mx2 riders do we really think would beat Anderson, Sexton, or Tomac at their current forms? Yes there’s an adjustment going back...
Agreed 1000%.

How many mx2 riders do we really think would beat Anderson, Sexton, or Tomac at their current forms?

Yes there’s an adjustment going back to a 250 but it won’t matter for those guys.

Fitness will not be an issue going that direction and like you’re pointing out they don’t have to go 1-1 on the 250, just do well against the other 250s and keep the overall scores solid and low.

I’ll be upset if they pick the top 250 guy over the best 3 riders.

Pick the best 3, and put the lightest on the 250 and let’s go!
Tomac not many 250 riders
Sexton , Lawrence Boys, Tom, geerts
Anderson,Lawrence Boys,geerts,Tom v , ,j Martin shimoda,Anderson is inconsistent outdoors
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
7/4/2022 1:56am
dv12.com wrote:

Dv as team manager of the USA mxdn team with Eli , chase and Jason wound be a behind the scenes doco i would pay very good money to watch ,
Bearuno
7/4/2022 3:41am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2022 3:47am
Raikzz wrote:
Would LOVE to see Bambam revving the shit out of 250 and banging euro guys out of the way, that seems almost too good to happen
The last time Bam Bam tried that on a Euro at the MXDN - Ken DeDycker at Lommel - he lost a whole bundle of front spokes, and Big Ken just shrugged him off as if he was a gnat, and kept going merrily along.

Barcia picked the wrong bloke to f**k with, that day. Whistling
creature654
Fantasy
122nd
7/4/2022 3:52am
Other than DVs response(and a couple others), I literally feel stupid and concussed after reading this thread….I’m gonna lay out some facts for y’all.

Barcia being good/extra motivated/a real American hero at the MXoN is a fucking MYTH go back and watch those races he has always been the weak link on our team and has even tangled with other team USA riders. His worst one was probably Red Bud 18’, turns out that’s where it is again this year. And what about team building and morale, you think Tomac or Anderson would actually want to even be in the same room as that dude?

Then just to humor this idiotic 250 idea go back and look at his 250 career. 09 rookie season was great for a rookie. 10 was a total disaster. 11 he was doing so shitty they moved him up in a “what do we have to lose?” move. 12 was respectable but he was clearly the 4th best guy. This season he literally has only had one good moto to get on an overall podium after getting 8th in moto 1.

Like DV said, the top 3 Americans right now are ET, Chase, and Team Fried, with Dunge and Craig not being too far off. I’d love to see a team of those top 3 but maybe they don’t want to drop down. Which brings me to Justin Cooper, the only Justin I’d be ok with having on the team. He had a rough weekend, crashed in both motos and was only able to barely crack the top 10, but last race in PA I saw him pass the fastest 250 rider in the world right now for a moment, and get a solid 3rd. He’s coming off a season threatening injury, one would have to think he’s going to get back to his top level as the season goes on.

7/4/2022 4:08am
Barcia will give it the Berries and ‘Terminator it’…whatever that means.
Haha I love Barcia and his ADHD.
Bearuno
7/4/2022 4:52am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2022 5:20am
The MXDN is in the 25th of September.

There's 7 more rounds to go in the Nationals.

So, there's plenty of races and time for riders to get over injuries (and , of course, to accumulate / acquire injuries) and / or get themselves better sorted out, if they are currently not up to par.

You've a shedload of fine riders, that, the vast majority of, one would assume , would love to represent their country, in front of US spectators.

You're the rightful favourites with all that, and I'd be stunned if the USA doesn't win - though, I was , just that, stunned , in 2018. S**t happens, but the key thing is, is to put all hubris aside, and there was an abundance of that in 2018, and get the job done.

I'm almost 100% certain your Team will.

agn5008
Fantasy
343rd
7/4/2022 5:25am
yak651 wrote:
It’s at Red Bud, put Masterpool on a factory bike for the event
Stop 🙄
mimafia
Fantasy
2659th
7/4/2022 5:45am
Press516 wrote:
RJ is the best US 250 guy at Red Bud. The results prove it... But he doesn't start well and that's critical in MX2 at MXoN...
RJ is the best US 250 guy at Red Bud. The results prove it... But he doesn't start well and that's critical in MX2 at MXoN.

Would Barcia be a better choice? I think he might be. But I like Craig on the Star Yamaha if starting up front is that important.

I'm an Anderson fan, so if there is a way that makes sense, I want to see him get redemption for the event at Ernee.
RJ was great at Redbud and I think he was a good starter too, but the guy retired in '93. I think we can do better Tongue

In all seriousness...Tomac, Sexton, Anderson. But I wouldn't be unhappy with Tomac, Sexton, Dungey. I hope Anderson/Dunge/Barcia is picked over any current 250 guys tbh
chadder44
7/4/2022 5:48am
dv12.com wrote:

I couldn't have said it better myself....
7/4/2022 7:30am
Bam thrives on the pressure that this race will bring so that would be a positive. I do think he needs to be running 3-5 consistently for the next few races to have a shot at selection.
If a 250 rider can challenge Australia or Japan they will have a shot too. Hampshire and Cooper should be better!
Natester551v
7/4/2022 7:38am
Barcia would be an awesome choice...he wants to go, loves Red Bud, sends it always (even with a bent up bike), and revs the piss out of whatever he's riding. Oh, and he's fit.....

What's not to like? And what American 250 rider would do better???
kpiper
7/4/2022 9:42am
dv12.com wrote:

This is a great post.

I only disagree in that it should be Anderson on the 250. His style is a better fit for it and he is the third-ranked guy right now so should be the one to drop down.

Post a reply to: Barcia says he would ride a 250 in MXDN if asked

The Latest