Barcia’s style

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2020 4:28 PM

His riding style is a total opposite of what your supposed to do In this era and he is one of the most successful guys in the world at it. His style is brought up like it’s a hindrance and he can’t take the next level. Well that was his 7th career 450 SX/MX win. Not many guys since 2013 can say that. Can we give his riding criticisms a rest now?

|

1/5/2020 4:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2020 4:35 PM

If I was going to pick on one thing I saw last night, it was that while he was leading the early part of the main, it seemed like he was riding very controlled, without a lot of extra revving, etc. After he bobbled and AC was in front of him, I felt like he reverted to a bit of his old style, with more revs. I could be wrong, but I did make a mental note of it during the 450 main.

He's definitely riding better than he has in a while, and that's good to see.

Photo

|

1/5/2020 4:42 PM

I cheer for riders who are fun to watch, and Barcia reving and leaning the bike all over the place takes the cake. I hope he can keep the momentum all series and become championship contender.

|

1/5/2020 4:45 PM

GuyB wrote:

If I was going to pick on one thing I saw last night, it was that while he was leading the early part of the main, it seemed like he was riding very controlled, without a lot of extra revving, etc. After he bobbled and AC was in front of him, I felt like he reverted to a bit of his old style, with more revs. I could be wrong, but I did make a mental note of it during the 450 main.

Photo

I noticed the same thing, lots of extremely unnecessary revving after the bobble, got it done though

|

1/5/2020 4:50 PM

Park Boys wrote:

His riding style is a total opposite of what your supposed to do In this era and he is one of the most successful guys in the world at it. His style is brought up like it’s a hindrance and he can’t take the next level. Well that was his 7th career 450 SX/MX win. Not many guys since 2013 can say that. Can we give his riding criticisms a rest now?

I think the criticisms have mostly been about how much of a dick/aggresive he can be at times...Barcia's archilis heal is that he tends to get frustrated pretty easily which ain't good for ideal performance.

He said he has learnt some this past off season and has matured a bit and is finally happy with the bike.

How he or any of the other top 9 ride their bikes is erelavant at his level.

Congratulations to him and that grunting blue pig. whistling

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/5/2020 4:52 PM

I say whatever style it takes to win.....
Prob not this style though...
Kinda looks like he smacks his forehead..then plays it off..
Photo

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

1/5/2020 4:54 PM

GuyB wrote:

Photo

You not the only one to notice that....it's his archilis heal.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/5/2020 4:59 PM

GuyB wrote:

Photo

Boomslang wrote:

You not the only one to notice that....it's his archilis heal.

Worked pretty good. And did an interview saying they aren’t trying to change his style. That’s his style and it’s what works for him. So they are gonna make everything work for that style.

|

1/5/2020 5:01 PM

GuyB wrote:

Photo

Photo
|

1/5/2020 5:10 PM

It was nice to hear Barcia say to Weege that they are not trying to change the way he rides the bike anymore. They are working to make the bike work with his style. That alone has to give Barcia some confidence.

|

1/5/2020 5:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2020 5:32 PM

I about 50% expected him to go all Bam Bam on AC after that first mistake, when he came back on and pointed it at the corner exit, on the gas. Ala Bam Bam on Musquin at Southwick. He coulda just center-punched AC, and maybe a younger Barcia might have, but this one didn't, and it paid off later. That maturity he mentioned on the podium?

A few years back I got to do track work at Hangtown when the Geico team stopped in to do some outdoor testing after Seattle. Barcia was revving and whipping all over the place, super stylish. Tomac however was attacking the track like he hated it, and wanted to pound it into submission. Totally different styles. Canard was just smoooooth.

Hammer

|

1/5/2020 5:36 PM

That was a great ride by Barcia. Why do I get the feeling it will be like every other season and he will fall back into his normal place in the finishing order in the upcoming races?
Kind of crazy to see Roczen and Tomac in 6th and 7th. The track looked a bit follow-the-leader. Passes happened when there were bobbles.

|

1/5/2020 5:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2020 5:43 PM

It’s going to be an interesting season that’s for sure. We will have lots of different winners and it’s very possible we could have 5 people in the title chase in the last few rounds.

|

1/5/2020 5:44 PM

Only Morans see this as archilis heal.

|

1/5/2020 5:45 PM

Go watch AC’s GoPro footage. When Barcia passes him, he quickly pulls a gap and is riding very hard. The way his bike is settling into the ruts so that he can ride it aggressively i haven’t seen before. Looks like they figured some things out.

|

1/5/2020 5:50 PM

Man those Yamahas were looking good last night
Photo
Anyone else want a drink?

|

1/5/2020 5:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2020 5:52 PM

The coolest thing to one is the way he has worked his way back up to the top.

I mean, wasn't that long ago he was fighting for a ride. Hats off to the guy.

|

1/5/2020 5:56 PM

He looked so comfortable doing it the way he is used to.. attacked the track everywhere

|

1/5/2020 6:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2020 6:11 PM

Park Boys wrote:

Couldn’t have said it better.... pumped to see Barcia win!

|

1/5/2020 6:14 PM

I was impressed with AC. I don't know if he could have held on anyway but he did well for a rookie.

|

1/5/2020 6:23 PM

That Barcia looked a lot like the old Barcia... More consistent and less ragged. I expect to see him on the podium regularly after seeing that ride. This wasn't at all like last years A1. He's still going to be aggressive, but I think the and the bike are more "in tune" than he has been previously with the Yamaha.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

1/5/2020 7:32 PM

Barcia is my favorite rider to watch in person. He’s about the only rider I’ve ever seen to ride out of control and keep it in control at the same time. He can make a mistake and still make it work without losing time.

|

1/5/2020 7:34 PM

GuyB wrote:

Photo

The majority of the revving is in the air. It is pretty non consequential imho. For sure though he looked confident and something I noticed when he went on that run outdoors a couple years back is that he does smooth out quite a bit when things are clicking for him.But "Bam Bam" is never completely locked away though wink I LOVED it when he damn near got AC back after his bobble!

|

1/5/2020 7:34 PM

Who's losing thier Yamaha ride to make room for Dylan next year? Barcia or Plessinger?

|

1/5/2020 7:35 PM

I really liked his repass attempt after his mistake. He is good for our sport. I hope he has a good year.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

1/5/2020 7:37 PM

GuyB wrote:

Photo

Dropbear wrote: Photo

Man if you are going to emulate someone with your style Bob is a pretty damn good choice!

|

1/5/2020 8:45 PM

Assume with all the ruts there was pretty good traction last night.

Be interesting to see how he goes in different conditions.

There's been a few Yamaha riders on that bike say it's hard to get it to adapt to different conditions. Remember Chad was good on hardpack, Coop in soft... Peick said he could get it good here, but not there or the changes required were big.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/6/2020 1:17 AM

Crush wrote:

Assume with all the ruts there was pretty good traction last night.

Be interesting to see how he goes in different conditions.

There's been a few Yamaha riders on that bike say it's hard to get it to adapt to different conditions. Remember Chad was good on hardpack, Coop in soft... Peick said he could get it good here, but not there or the changes required were big.

That is the only question mark around Barcia at the moment. Will he be able to perform on the same level on a hard packed and slick track? That is in my opinion by far the most interesting thing to get the answer on.

I hope he can because he looked really, really comfortable at Anaheim and it would be awesome if he can be a title threat!

|

1/6/2020 1:22 AM

His bike looked solid last night I thought

|

1/6/2020 2:38 AM

Mx286 wrote:

Barcia is my favorite rider to watch in person. He’s about the only rider I’ve ever seen to ride out of control and keep it in control at the same time. He can make a mistake and still make it work without losing time.

You must be young.

|