Barcia may be "the guy"

djc
I www a big fan of the guy until this last year and now he has won me back I think all it is going to take is for him to get a win and we may see him get even better. I had him for the win last night actually but he is looking good
|
sickboy3636
2/4/2018 12:42pm
Actually thought he was gonna he out front, never liked the kid all through his career.....but he’s grown up a lot and what he’s doing is rarely done in pro sports. Wish the kid the best.
TeamGreen
2/4/2018 12:44pm
Over at Yamaha, Justin IS “The Guy”. I hope they got approval to make a wise and legit offer; because, if they don’t...SOMEONE-ELSE WILL...or may already have...

The Shop

MR. X
2/4/2018 12:44pm
468 / freq in Mhz = total length in feet for a half wave dipole. You want to center your dipole on, as an example, of 14.300Mhz. So, using the formula 468/14.3...we get 32.72 feet...or about 32 feet 8 inches for the total antenna length in feet.
BAD10
2/4/2018 12:52pm
Torque X RPM divided by 5252 = horsepower
Mini Elsinore
2/4/2018 12:59pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Over at Yamaha, Justin IS “The Guy”. I hope they got approval to make a wise and legit offer; because, if they don’t...SOMEONE-ELSE WILL...or may already...
Over at Yamaha, Justin IS “The Guy”. I hope they got approval to make a wise and legit offer; because, if they don’t...SOMEONE-ELSE WILL...or may already have...
Could Dietrich and the RB gang finally be seeing the light?
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
2/4/2018 1:00pm
MR. X wrote:
468 / freq in Mhz = total length in feet for a half wave dipole. You want to center your dipole on, as an example, of...
468 / freq in Mhz = total length in feet for a half wave dipole. You want to center your dipole on, as an example, of 14.300Mhz. So, using the formula 468/14.3...we get 32.72 feet...or about 32 feet 8 inches for the total antenna length in feet.
measure twice cut once Wink
TM
sleeve1
Fantasy
1966th
2/4/2018 1:05pm
I just opened my first beer of the day!
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
2/4/2018 1:05pm
6 years ago I told my GF he was going to be the next "The Guy"..She keeps reminding me I said that.. At least he's in the fight right now. I'm glad to see him kicking some ass.
TeamGreen
2/4/2018 1:12pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Over at Yamaha, Justin IS “The Guy”. I hope they got approval to make a wise and legit offer; because, if they don’t...SOMEONE-ELSE WILL...or may already...
Could Dietrich and the RB gang finally be seeing the light?
Or Honda?
Or Kawasaki?
Or Suzuki?
Or Maico?
2/4/2018 1:33pm
I sure hope so. I always loved watching him ride but it seemed like he was more interested in a demolition derby than racing for a few years there and it kind of made me dislike his actions a little bit. But the change in him this year is a breathe of fresh air and I see no reason why he can't win this title. He seems to be as solid as anyone out there right now.
bdub
2/4/2018 3:23pm
So did the cats have laser pointers or actual lasers?
Kenny Lingus
2/4/2018 4:01pm
I really hope so. If he gets his starts dialed he'll be there. Problem is Anderson just had two great championship level rides. I see it coming down between Anderson, Roczen and Barcia at this point.
downard254
2/4/2018 4:22pm
I hope Barcia gets his first 2018 win soon, his upward climb has been awesome, but I’ve seen guys in the past not get that “next step” and just kind of stagnate. I really would love to see the new more mature Barcia be fighting for wins every weekend. And let’s not forget, in the past 3 or so years, he’s actually done better outdoors than indoors (might be due to injury though) so here’s to hoping we see a good 2018 for the kid formerly know as “Bam Bam”.
Question
2/4/2018 4:32pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I hope too. He is back at the level he was during his best years on the Honda and that is a pleasure to watch.

Also, while he is still in the title fight and as we see every week everything can still happen, I wonder if there has been once since the creation of the SX or MX series a champion who has been racing on 2 different brands? Or even someone finishing the series on the podium or in the top 5 who raced on 2 brands? I follow the sport since the late 80's but I don't remember one: anyone more knowledgeable please chim in Smile
Rdubs19
2/4/2018 4:35pm
MR. X wrote:
468 / freq in Mhz = total length in feet for a half wave dipole. You want to center your dipole on, as an example, of...
6.24 X 10^18 (aka billion-billion) electrons past a point in one second = one ampere.
TeamGreen
2/4/2018 4:42pm
MR. X wrote:
Rdubs19 wrote:
6.24 X 10^18 (aka billion-billion) electrons past a point in one second = one ampere.
Here’s one: how much energy is spent by a photon that originates in the sun and travels all the way to Earth. Oh, and how long does it take?
Does it have an invisible twin?
RickLeY
Fantasy
2738th
2/4/2018 10:02pm
"Barcias resurgence, wins 2018 Supercross series!"

Ooooooooorrrr

"Barcia wins the outdoors with a bang!"

Also, is rock rivers A-Ray and Factory Yamaha's Webb & Barcia the only guys on a YZ450 out there?
The Candyman
2/4/2018 10:25pm
Steve125 wrote:
6 years ago I told my GF he was going to be the next "The Guy"..She keeps reminding me I said that.. At least he's in...
6 years ago I told my GF he was going to be the next "The Guy"..She keeps reminding me I said that.. At least he's in the fight right now. I'm glad to see him kicking some ass.
Im confused is your girlfriend a guy or a girl? Is it your ass that hurts?
JustMX
2/5/2018 5:43am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 5:45am
Question wrote:
I hope too. He is back at the level he was during his best years on the Honda and that is a pleasure to watch. Also...
I hope too. He is back at the level he was during his best years on the Honda and that is a pleasure to watch.

Also, while he is still in the title fight and as we see every week everything can still happen, I wonder if there has been once since the creation of the SX or MX series a champion who has been racing on 2 different brands? Or even someone finishing the series on the podium or in the top 5 who raced on 2 brands? I follow the sport since the late 80's but I don't remember one: anyone more knowledgeable please chim in Smile
Um...

Riders in history that have been champion in mx or sx on multiple brands? (And not even including regional sx titles)

Ryan Dungey - suzuki and ktm
Carmichael - honda and suzuki
Mcgrath - honda, yamaha, and almost suzuki

And it isn't anything new.... Gary jones won 3 250 mx titles on 3 different brands in the early 70's

Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
2/5/2018 5:51am
Steve125 wrote:
6 years ago I told my GF he was going to be the next "The Guy"..She keeps reminding me I said that.. At least he's in...
It made more sense in my head. lol. Last I checked my GF has all the correct parts, and it's Barcia that's The Guy. lol.
As for my ass.. Southwick woops have left their mark that's for sure.
Panic_Rev
2/5/2018 6:48am
Question wrote:
I hope too. He is back at the level he was during his best years on the Honda and that is a pleasure to watch. Also...

JustMX wrote:
Um... Riders in history that have been champion in mx or sx on multiple brands? (And not even including regional sx titles) Ryan Dungey - suzuki...
Um...

Riders in history that have been champion in mx or sx on multiple brands? (And not even including regional sx titles)

And it isn't anything new.... Gary jones won 3 250 mx titles on 3 different brands in the early 70's

I think he means 2 different brands within the same season. This would be under the assumption Barcia hasn't already signed with Yamaha for the rest of the season.
Question
2/5/2018 6:59am
Question wrote:

JustMX wrote:
Um... Riders in history that have been champion in mx or sx on multiple brands? (And not even including regional sx titles) Ryan Dungey - suzuki...
Um...

Sorry for my English, I was actually wondering which rider won 1 MX or SX championship on 2 different brands in the same season.

For instance, in 2009, Musquin won the MX2 world championship while starting on the Honda, then because he was not paid (less than 1k per month) about the third of the season in he rode KTM (on which he is on since then).
agn5009
2/5/2018 7:06am
He's riding great. He's got the speed but he still needs to figure some things out. His results the last 2 weeks wont win him any titles.
2/5/2018 7:26am
Steve125 wrote:
Steve125 wrote:
It made more sense in my head. lol. Last I checked my GF has all the correct parts, and it's Barcia that's The Guy. lol. As...
It made more sense in my head. lol. Last I checked my GF has all the correct parts, and it's Barcia that's The Guy. lol.
Six years ago? Marry her already. Sheesh.
The Candyman
2/5/2018 9:02am
Steve125 wrote:
Steve125 wrote:
It made more sense in my head. lol. Last I checked my GF has all the correct parts, and it's Barcia that's The Guy. lol. As...
Haha all good brother
2/5/2018 9:40am
MR. X wrote:
Great point, but don’t forget to watch out for Sporadic E.

Post a reply to: Barcia may be "the guy"

The Latest