Barcia just does not understand. Don't hate on "The WaterBoy" of motocross.

jvd2234
Edited Date/Time 5/10/2022 9:34pm
AMA and FELD are not reigning in the inappropriate and dangerous behavior of Barcia. Does it create drama? Sure, but he is endangering the health of other riders. These are not aggressive passes. They are dangerous take out moves where he goes backwards on the track to ram other riders. He acts like he should be heralded as a hero for his behavior. Then, when he hears the boos, he gets all bug eyed and looks confused. I do not think he understands. He simply does not get it. He is the "Waterboy" of motocross.
|
lestat
5/8/2022 1:25pm
This post definitely deserves starting a new thread . Definitely .
gt80rider
5/8/2022 3:08pm
Just imo... if he was a championship contender, different story... but being a solid 5-7th place guy always ramming people, including actual championship contenders, he comes across as juat some dude that will do anything for attention...

The Shop

ctbale
5/8/2022 3:32pm
Raming people is no different then letting the air out of another dudes tires before the race. Its cheating.
wb173
5/8/2022 5:12pm
jvd2234 wrote:
AMA and FELD are not reigning in the inappropriate and dangerous behavior of Barcia. Does it create drama? Sure, but he is endangering the health of...
AMA and FELD are not reigning in the inappropriate and dangerous behavior of Barcia. Does it create drama? Sure, but he is endangering the health of other riders. These are not aggressive passes. They are dangerous take out moves where he goes backwards on the track to ram other riders. He acts like he should be heralded as a hero for his behavior. Then, when he hears the boos, he gets all bug eyed and looks confused. I do not think he understands. He simply does not get it. He is the "Waterboy" of motocross.
Who's your favorite racer?
5/8/2022 5:16pm
jvd2234 wrote:
AMA and FELD are not reigning in the inappropriate and dangerous behavior of Barcia. Does it create drama? Sure, but he is endangering the health of...
A member since 2014, second post. Outstanding chief!
PNWMXer
5/8/2022 5:43pm
jvd2234 wrote:
wb173 wrote:
Who's your favorite racer?
Ricky Carbuckle, most likely. Maybe Travis Pastrami.
5/9/2022 12:29am
jvd2234 wrote:
When will people realize that if you pass Barcia, you deserve to be T-boned.

DO NOT PASS BARCIA. WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND IT.

5/9/2022 1:04am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2022 1:06am
I'm all for rough riding in the turns, whoops, and straights. But not in the air like Jett swerving over on Forkner over the finish line jump or what not. If I want prim and proper sports I'll tune into golf, tennis, baseball, disc golf, mountain biking, etc. Moto is not for the feint of heart, but reading with these Barcia threads it seems it's heading that way.
Snapper
5/9/2022 2:13am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2022 2:19am
I'm all for rough riding in the turns, whoops, and straights. But not in the air like Jett swerving over on Forkner over the finish line...
I'm all for rough riding in the turns, whoops, and straights. But not in the air like Jett swerving over on Forkner over the finish line jump or what not. If I want prim and proper sports I'll tune into golf, tennis, baseball, disc golf, mountain biking, etc. Moto is not for the feint of heart, but reading with these Barcia threads it seems it's heading that way.
If you watch it again, Jett clipped a tough block which sent him to the right.
5/9/2022 2:26am
I'm all for rough riding in the turns, whoops, and straights. But not in the air like Jett swerving over on Forkner over the finish line...
Snapper wrote:
I will. What about Canard running RV into the Monster sign on the finish line jump? That was some dirty ish, actually Canard was a good guy but he pulled quite a few cheap moves. Kdub on DV? We could pull examples out all day. But it comes down to who the fan favorites are in most cases. Yes Barcia has a reputation for this stuff, but it's always more exciting when he's in the mix......for me as a fan anyways. 😆
davistld01
5/9/2022 7:55am
I'm not necessarily a Barcia fan...but his takeout move on Mookie was completely calculated, and very direct. Malcolm looked back, after his pass and (in my opinion) knew Barcia was coming to retaliate. And Barcia did just. Yeah, Stewart went flying...but nobody got hurt, so it wasn't Barcia trying to hurt anybody...he just wanted to make sure Malcolm didn't get third place points. All about the Benjamins. Nothing else to see here!
Snapper
5/9/2022 8:10am
Snapper wrote:
I will. What about Canard running RV into the Monster sign on the finish line jump? That was some dirty ish, actually Canard was a good...
I will. What about Canard running RV into the Monster sign on the finish line jump? That was some dirty ish, actually Canard was a good guy but he pulled quite a few cheap moves. Kdub on DV? We could pull examples out all day. But it comes down to who the fan favorites are in most cases. Yes Barcia has a reputation for this stuff, but it's always more exciting when he's in the mix......for me as a fan anyways. 😆
With your examples they aren't quite comparable as they're all different. The back stories, riders ages at the time etc etc.

I think everyone in 450SX is sick of Bam Bam's racing style and it's amazing that he hasn't injured someone yet.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
5/9/2022 8:21am
For those that say there was nothing wrong with that move, what if Malcolm breaks his leg, tears a ligament, etc.? At what point does aggressive riding become dangerous.

I'm all for a good clean blockpass, that was not a blockpass, it was a takeout and it deserves a penalty with a hefty fine especially because he was already on probation.
R66
5/9/2022 8:29am
I have always been a Barcia fan, but his actions are detrimental to the sport. If I was in charge he would not be racing anymore.
Moto76er
5/9/2022 9:09am
Snapper wrote:
With your examples they aren't quite comparable as they're all different. The back stories, riders ages at the time etc etc. I think everyone in 450SX...
With your examples they aren't quite comparable as they're all different. The back stories, riders ages at the time etc etc.

I think everyone in 450SX is sick of Bam Bam's racing style and it's amazing that he hasn't injured someone yet.
Ask Tyler Bowers about that whole not injuring anybody comment.
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
5/9/2022 9:33am
Making Roger proud. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/05/09/548856/s1200_s780_70FC4DFC_55BB_42F6_BEAE_9F63EDE4CBC3.jpg[/img]
Making Roger proud.

He's no Johnny Cash.
YZ324
5/9/2022 9:34am
Bam bam gonna bam bam! As a fan I love it. They all know what to expect. No different than Freize (sp) cross jumping trying to block other riders
Tumic
5/9/2022 10:01am
YZ324 wrote:
Bam bam gonna bam bam! As a fan I love it. They all know what to expect. No different than Freize (sp) cross jumping trying to...
Bam bam gonna bam bam! As a fan I love it. They all know what to expect. No different than Freize (sp) cross jumping trying to block other riders
You should not have to expect another rider being a full time idiot on track. You should expect respectfull tough racing without cheap moves.
Hasletjoe
5/9/2022 10:14am
My dismay is he typically is in a retaliatory mode. As in this instance, Mook caught and passed him. Bam Bam dials up his speed to catch up and now we have an incident. He should not use a rider passing him as a motivation for going full speed. He has speed, but seems to have more when the Red Mist is present.
LoudLove
5/9/2022 10:15am
AC made a point by stating if Barcia walked away w/o being penalized, it opens the door to overly-aggressive passing by all riders at each corner. SX would quickly become tiresome if torpedoing competitors was both permitted and commonplace. A 10 point deduction to
a rider already on probation seems appropriate, and that probation should carry over into 2023 as well.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
5/9/2022 10:50am
LoudLove wrote:
AC made a point by stating if Barcia walked away w/o being penalized, it opens the door to overly-aggressive passing by all riders at each corner...
AC made a point by stating if Barcia walked away w/o being penalized, it opens the door to overly-aggressive passing by all riders at each corner. SX would quickly become tiresome if torpedoing competitors was both permitted and commonplace. A 10 point deduction to
a rider already on probation seems appropriate, and that probation should carry over into 2023 as well.
10 points? How about $50,000? The guy was on probation after all. If we had more strict punishments then I think actions would change, not just on the motocross track.
olds cool
5/9/2022 11:04am
Mookie was too nice in his interview. He should enroll in the William Byron Post Race Interview Academy. Then, we’d have some real juicy controversy. 😂😉😎
TeamGreen
5/9/2022 12:31pm
“Mama say that happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you feelin’ blue."
5/9/2022 1:13pm
LoudLove wrote:
AC made a point by stating if Barcia walked away w/o being penalized, it opens the door to overly-aggressive passing by all riders at each corner...
mx 219 wrote:
10 points? How about $50,000? The guy was on probation after all. If we had more strict punishments then I think actions would change, not just...
10 points? How about $50,000? The guy was on probation after all. If we had more strict punishments then I think actions would change, not just on the motocross track.
Points and money will be the only thing that deters this. But it seems like its genetic with Barcia. I don't think he can stop himself if wanted to. I'm also a Barcia fan when he's riding well enough to not need to clean guys out. He's damn fun to watch.
5/9/2022 2:19pm

I'm surprised the broadcast didn't play it up as retaliation for that one time in 2013 (also coincidentally in Utah).
5/9/2022 2:47pm
I’m just here to sign the petition! Lol

Post a reply to: Barcia just does not understand. Don't hate on "The WaterBoy" of motocross.

The Latest