Barcia just does not understand. Don't hate on "The WaterBoy" of motocross.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/8/2022 1:17 PM

AMA and FELD are not reigning in the inappropriate and dangerous behavior of Barcia. Does it create drama? Sure, but he is endangering the health of other riders. These are not aggressive passes. They are dangerous take out moves where he goes backwards on the track to ram other riders. He acts like he should be heralded as a hero for his behavior. Then, when he hears the boos, he gets all bug eyed and looks confused. I do not think he understands. He simply does not get it. He is the "Waterboy" of motocross.

|

5/8/2022 1:25 PM

This post definitely deserves starting a new thread . Definitely .

|

5/8/2022 1:28 PM

Momma says mx is the devil.

|

5/8/2022 3:08 PM

Just imo... if he was a championship contender, different story... but being a solid 5-7th place guy always ramming people, including actual championship contenders, he comes across as juat some dude that will do anything for attention...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

5/8/2022 3:27 PM

Photo
|

I may not be an insider but I have loved this sport since the 70's. 2-smokers forever!

5/8/2022 3:32 PM

Raming people is no different then letting the air out of another dudes tires before the race. Its cheating.

|

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

5/8/2022 5:12 PM

jvd2234 wrote:

AMA and FELD are not reigning in the inappropriate and dangerous behavior of Barcia. Does it create drama? Sure, but he is ...more

Who's your favorite racer?

|

5/8/2022 5:16 PM

jvd2234 wrote:

AMA and FELD are not reigning in the inappropriate and dangerous behavior of Barcia. Does it create drama? Sure, but he is ...more

A member since 2014, second post. Outstanding chief!

|

5/8/2022 5:43 PM

jvd2234 wrote:

wb173 wrote:

Who's your favorite racer?

Ricky Carbuckle, most likely. Maybe Travis Pastrami.

|

5/9/2022 12:29 AM

jvd2234 wrote:

When will people realize that if you pass Barcia, you deserve to be T-boned.

DO NOT PASS BARCIA. WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND IT.

|

5/9/2022 1:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2022 1:06 AM

I'm all for rough riding in the turns, whoops, and straights. But not in the air like Jett swerving over on Forkner over the finish line jump or what not. If I want prim and proper sports I'll tune into golf, tennis, baseball, disc golf, mountain biking, etc. Moto is not for the feint of heart, but reading with these Barcia threads it seems it's heading that way.

|

5/9/2022 2:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2022 2:19 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

I'm all for rough riding in the turns, whoops, and straights. But not in the air like Jett swerving over on Forkner over the ...more

If you watch it again, Jett clipped a tough block which sent him to the right.

|

5/9/2022 2:26 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

I'm all for rough riding in the turns, whoops, and straights. But not in the air like Jett swerving over on Forkner over the ...more

Snapper wrote:

I will. What about Canard running RV into the Monster sign on the finish line jump? That was some dirty ish, actually Canard was a good guy but he pulled quite a few cheap moves. Kdub on DV? We could pull examples out all day. But it comes down to who the fan favorites are in most cases. Yes Barcia has a reputation for this stuff, but it's always more exciting when he's in the mix......for me as a fan anyways. 😆

|

5/9/2022 7:55 AM

I'm not necessarily a Barcia fan...but his takeout move on Mookie was completely calculated, and very direct. Malcolm looked back, after his pass and (in my opinion) knew Barcia was coming to retaliate. And Barcia did just. Yeah, Stewart went flying...but nobody got hurt, so it wasn't Barcia trying to hurt anybody...he just wanted to make sure Malcolm didn't get third place points. All about the Benjamins. Nothing else to see here!

|

5/9/2022 8:10 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

Snapper wrote:

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

I will. What about Canard running RV into the Monster sign on the finish line jump? That was some dirty ish, actually Canard ...more

With your examples they aren't quite comparable as they're all different. The back stories, riders ages at the time etc etc.

I think everyone in 450SX is sick of Bam Bam's racing style and it's amazing that he hasn't injured someone yet.

|

5/9/2022 8:21 AM

For those that say there was nothing wrong with that move, what if Malcolm breaks his leg, tears a ligament, etc.? At what point does aggressive riding become dangerous.

I'm all for a good clean blockpass, that was not a blockpass, it was a takeout and it deserves a penalty with a hefty fine especially because he was already on probation.

|

5/9/2022 8:29 AM

I have always been a Barcia fan, but his actions are detrimental to the sport. If I was in charge he would not be racing anymore.

|

5/9/2022 9:09 AM

Snapper wrote:

With your examples they aren't quite comparable as they're all different. The back stories, riders ages at the time etc etc.

...more

Ask Tyler Bowers about that whole not injuring anybody comment.

|

5/9/2022 9:30 AM

Making Roger proud.

Photo

|

5/9/2022 9:33 AM

BigBoreFan58 wrote:

Making Roger proud.

Photo

He's no Johnny Cash.

|

5/9/2022 9:34 AM

Bam bam gonna bam bam! As a fan I love it. They all know what to expect. No different than Freize (sp) cross jumping trying to block other riders

|

5/9/2022 10:01 AM

YZ324 wrote:

Bam bam gonna bam bam! As a fan I love it. They all know what to expect. No different than Freize (sp) cross jumping trying to ...more

You should not have to expect another rider being a full time idiot on track. You should expect respectfull tough racing without cheap moves.

|

5/9/2022 10:14 AM

My dismay is he typically is in a retaliatory mode. As in this instance, Mook caught and passed him. Bam Bam dials up his speed to catch up and now we have an incident. He should not use a rider passing him as a motivation for going full speed. He has speed, but seems to have more when the Red Mist is present.

|

5/9/2022 10:15 AM

AC made a point by stating if Barcia walked away w/o being penalized, it opens the door to overly-aggressive passing by all riders at each corner. SX would quickly become tiresome if torpedoing competitors was both permitted and commonplace. A 10 point deduction to
a rider already on probation seems appropriate, and that probation should carry over into 2023 as well.

|

"You can't resist the louder pull..."

5/9/2022 10:50 AM

LoudLove wrote:

AC made a point by stating if Barcia walked away w/o being penalized, it opens the door to overly-aggressive passing by all ...more

10 points? How about $50,000? The guy was on probation after all. If we had more strict punishments then I think actions would change, not just on the motocross track.

|

5/9/2022 10:51 AM

|

5/9/2022 11:04 AM

Mookie was too nice in his interview. He should enroll in the William Byron Post Race Interview Academy. Then, we’d have some real juicy controversy. 😂😉😎

|

5/9/2022 12:31 PM

“Mama say that happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you feelin’ blue."

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

5/9/2022 1:13 PM

LoudLove wrote:

AC made a point by stating if Barcia walked away w/o being penalized, it opens the door to overly-aggressive passing by all ...more

mx 219 wrote:

10 points? How about $50,000? The guy was on probation after all. If we had more strict punishments then I think actions would ...more

Points and money will be the only thing that deters this. But it seems like its genetic with Barcia. I don't think he can stop himself if wanted to. I'm also a Barcia fan when he's riding well enough to not need to clean guys out. He's damn fun to watch.

|

5/9/2022 2:19 PM

I'm surprised the broadcast didn't play it up as retaliation for that one time in 2013 (also coincidentally in Utah).
|