Barcia is a "PRICK"

jmar
4/1/2010 6:53pm
Look Sloan

I don't dislike any of the riders. The only problem I have with Barcia is that he has no regard for any of the other riders on the track. I have no problems with racing hard and getting physical when its necessary, but that's not what Justin is doing.

If someone torpedoes you in the over 25 novice class at chicken licks raceway in Oak Harbor WA. you're not going to be a happy camper. In fact why don't you act like a core moto guy and ride like Barcia at your next "spring biggie" and see what the outcome is.
petegrath
4/1/2010 7:30pm
Funny, Cox covered this in reference to Villopoto in the Dallas 450 words column.

Quote:

"It seems a lot of modern motocross or supercross fans think that if a rider runs into another rider in the process of making a pass, that’s a “dirty move”, but we all need to get real for a second: These racers are all out for themselves, and if any of them gets a bad start, they have, in the case of the Dallas Supercross, less than 17 minutes to pass as many people as possible and get as close to the win as possible. To put it succinctly, they don’t have the luxury of waiting for a major mistake, or waiting to find a place to pass “clean”. If they need to use their elbows, knees and handlebars to shove their way around a competitor, that’s what they need to do. They can’t wait around. The race isn’t going to keep going until they get up to the best position they can live with."

Continues:

"Ryan Villopoto ended up losing all of the points he gained on Dungey for the last couple of weeks, plus one more, putting him right back where he started after his crash in Atlanta. If that ends up the difference in the championship, you can bet that he will kick himself about this race."

I happen to agree with his analysis personally...
observer
4/2/2010 7:09pm
"Intenserider":
"I mentioned in my earlier post that when I was riding with my kids this past weekend, I went to pass my 8-year old and he rammed me. Once I saw he was OK, I thought it was funny as hell that he would rather torpedo me than let me get past him.

I guess I should have beat him up in the pits? "

Of course not silly....you 2 were out just play riding. But when you're doing it for a living like the guys we're talking about...you have a certain amount of respect for another guys career. Additionally most of the good guys out there actually care about the reputation they have on and off the track.

Btw...since you brought it up...as you let your boy go on thinking it's fun/good games to ram and take out other riders, how are you(and him)going to feel when he hurts somebody??
Again...I maintain, that crap's got no place out on the track. Playin around with a friend, son...maybe, as long as the kid realizes it's a no-no on the race track. Unless of course...it's retaliation for the likes of somebody like JLaw-who seems to start it all.

And yeah, Hannah was pretty much a hot head. He didn't like anybody. But I also heard RJ say one time...if he(Hannah)wants to start something..he wouldnt've hesitated to go at it. -ie kick his ass. And RJ would have too, in my opinion!

The Shop

redrider400
4/2/2010 8:36pm
Man, after watching that, Stewart still has alot of shit coming his way from reed for reed to get even. I forgot how many hard passes stewart has made on him through the years. Nobody should complain if reed takes stewart high for the rest of their careers, lol.
observer
4/2/2010 8:57pm
What-a-cool trailer...what were we debating now?? {;-D

Oh!..yeah...ya know...I think the progression of SX has spawned a lot of this "aggressive riding". I really don't remember too much of this stuff going on in the Howerton, Stack, Priddy, Wise, oldshool days. I've read where RC and JS both have said they respect the hell outta of each other on/off the track. It's true, they did some aggressive moves on each other, but at the end of the day they could hang out and share a laugh. What you guys have been sparring over is the "overly" aggressive riding of a young Justin Barcia. Yeah, he's pretty aggressive(and I saw Pourcel return the favor in Toronto??was it?) I'm not one to go back and forth with something insignificant like this guys...these guys are in a high dollar, dog eat dog game. And they're obviously of the mind they have to ride like this to keep there rides. Somebody's gonna get hurt by this silly crap though one day... All it took was a silly fall to paralyze J Button.::

Anyway...obviously a few of us see it a little differently. Let's move on, shall we?? {:-)
-Roger
Loose
4/2/2010 10:59pm
Man, after watching that, Stewart still has alot of shit coming his way from reed for reed to get even. I forgot how many hard passes...
Man, after watching that, Stewart still has alot of shit coming his way from reed for reed to get even. I forgot how many hard passes stewart has made on him through the years. Nobody should complain if reed takes stewart high for the rest of their careers, lol.
I thought I was the only one who thought that.

totally agree
racin mason
4/4/2010 10:28am
Clean or dirty,naughty or nice,one thing is,his style wont always get him to the finish line.He will have some dnfs due to broken bikes.I see broken spokes,no front brake,and bent valves in his future.No denying he is exciting to watch!!!!
4/5/2010 2:53am
gotta love the dbags who run to the argument of what has he done......the dude is 17 he ain´t done shit yet.

but he´s gonna and he´s off to a great start.

get out of his way if you are not faster and beware of larocco if you put him down.

Post a reply to: Barcia is a "PRICK"

The Latest