Barcia......injury or Yamaha?

1/27/2015 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2015 7:59pm
I know it's early days but I was expecting more out of Barcia this year. Is he nursing an injury? Or, is he another unhappy camper on the Yamaha 450?

Seems only Brayton has been able to make that bike shine briefly last year, and more recently WP was doing well on it. Perhaps that bike is more suitable for larger riders?

I'm thinking if you put a healthy Barcia on Trey's bike this year he would be near the front banging bars with the boys. He's exciting to watch whether you like him or not. I hope he finds his way back toward the front soon.
|
1/27/2015 2:30pm
have you noticed there is only one champion per class per year.....strange huh.....
philG
1/27/2015 2:30pm
he cant ride a 450.... Brayton was good on the Yamaha because he rode it like a 450.
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
1/27/2015 2:37pm
Finally a fresh new never discussed topic..exactly what we have all been waiting for..Tongue
Hgibbs566
1/27/2015 2:39pm
Getting his head smashed into his body at the overseas race did not do him any favors IMO.
Add in getting used to a new bike and we are seeing the results. Give him some time to figure things out.

The Shop

TeamGreen
1/27/2015 2:40pm
Is it just me, or..?

6th, 11th, 4th, 6th.

6th in Points.

24 points out of 1st which is still called, "1 race out".

So...no.

It's NOT just me.

You all be crazy.

I'm jus' sayin'...
Grieby54
1/27/2015 2:46pm
philG wrote:
he cant ride a 450.... Brayton was good on the Yamaha because he rode it like a 450.
Yup. The dude has no clue how to ride a 450. He's only been the best rider in the world on a 450 a couple of nights in the last 2 years.

I can't even believe people actually think this crap...
MXant15
Fantasy
903rd
1/27/2015 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2015 2:47pm
During his heat race win interview, he mentioned that it's "a new team, a new trainer, a new bike"..... He'll get it figured out.
philG
1/27/2015 3:06pm
philG wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:
Yup. The dude has no clue how to ride a 450. He's only been the best rider in the world on a 450 a couple of...
Yup. The dude has no clue how to ride a 450. He's only been the best rider in the world on a 450 a couple of nights in the last 2 years.

Must have missed that .... only seen him get lapped personally.

DV is right . you are wrong.

He may get a couple of results, but i dont see how wringing a 450 like its a 125 is the way to go .
1/27/2015 3:16pm
philG wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:
Yup. The dude has no clue how to ride a 450. He's only been the best rider in the world on a 450 a couple of...

philG wrote:
Must have missed that .... only seen him get lapped personally. DV is right . you are wrong. He may get a couple of results, but...

He may get a couple of results, but i dont see how wringing a 450 like its a 125 is the way to go .
DV is right on a bunch of things, crazy on others. If you believe DV then Dungey won't win because of his handlebars.

Barcia will be fine, its still January. Team Green is right, he's only 24 points out. He will get at the very least a few podiums and I think he'll win one once we go east. I can't wait to see him outdoors.
Grieby54
1/27/2015 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2015 3:19pm
philG wrote:
Grieby54 wrote:

philG wrote:
Must have missed that .... only seen him get lapped personally. DV is right . you are wrong. He may get a couple of results, but...

You must have missed that he's won a couple of main events on the 450? Then you must not watch the sport much.

To suggest that one of the fastest human beings in the world on a dirt bike "can't ride a 450" speaks volumes to your massive ignorance. Does he ride a 450 as well as maybe the top 5 riders in the world? Maybe not. But if this guy can go and beat 99.9999% of the riders in the world, I'd say he knows how to ride a 450.

Fortunately, you don't have to see how wringing a 450 like it's a 125 is the way to go. If I could ride like Barcia and have the career that he's had, I'd be pretty pumped. But, I'm sure your racing career has been far more illustrious.
downard254
1/27/2015 3:22pm
Barcia has more than his share of bad luck. He's due for some good fortune to come his way. And I'm not really a huge fan. Like his style, but Dunge and KR are my favorites. Still though, I hate seeing him come up short. Would rather see him in the mix.
Huckster
1/27/2015 3:23pm
Grieby54 wrote:

philG wrote:

Grieby54 wrote:
You must have missed that he's won a couple of main events on the 450? Then you must not watch the sport much. To suggest that...
You must have missed that he's won a couple of main events on the 450? Then you must not watch the sport much.

To suggest that one of the fastest human beings in the world on a dirt bike "can't ride a 450" speaks volumes to your massive ignorance. Does he ride a 450 as well as maybe the top 5 riders in the world? Maybe not. But if this guy can go and beat 99.9999% of the riders in the world, I'd say he knows how to ride a 450.

Fortunately, you don't have to see how wringing a 450 like it's a 125 is the way to go. If I could ride like Barcia and have the career that he's had, I'd be pretty pumped. But, I'm sure your racing career has been far more illustrious.
Did DV ever win a SX on a 450?
Silliker269
1/27/2015 3:25pm
Just needs a start , look what Reed did with a start
kiwifan
1/27/2015 3:35pm
SX these days is all about the start, if you dont get it then you most likely wont get past 5th place or even lower

If you get a good start then its likely you will podium unless you crash

Barcia hasnt been getting greats starts, I do agree with some comments about how he rides a 450 as well
CR250Rider
1/27/2015 3:40pm
Why does Barcia have such a fire-breathing 450?
EddieC
1/27/2015 4:00pm
MXant15 wrote:
During his heat race win interview, he mentioned that it's "a new team, a new trainer, a new bike"..... He'll get it figured out.
This is the lamest, unprofessional, most childish excuse that a rider of this caliber could could use.

Teams are stupid for hiring riders without doing their due deligence. Teams should be doing pysch tests, fitness tests, bio-mechanical tests, blood work and then put the rider on the bike and test him everyday for a week under race conditions to see how the rider responds.

Riders need to pull their heads out their asses and work with people who tell them what they need to hear and not what they want to hear.

I am not directing this at Barcia alone but the professional motocross community in general.
ChrisB10
1/27/2015 4:04pm
Another unhappy rider on the Yamaha? Dude this isn't 2010. The Yamahas haul ass and are more stable. Maybe Barcia is just flat out not riding that well...
Crush
1/27/2015 4:13pm
Has he gotten a good start yet?

His times are ok, but I don't think Barcia has ever killed anyone with outright speed. See what he does with a start when he gets one and then worry about it.

I do think some other guys make better used of the 450's engine characteristics, but then again he has won 1-3? SX 450 races riding like Justin Barcia.... It can be done, but he hasn't exactly given himself the opportunity.
motomike137
1/27/2015 4:40pm
Crush wrote:
Has he gotten a good start yet? His times are ok, but I don't think Barcia has ever killed anyone with outright speed. See what he...
Has he gotten a good start yet?

His times are ok, but I don't think Barcia has ever killed anyone with outright speed. See what he does with a start when he gets one and then worry about it.

I do think some other guys make better used of the 450's engine characteristics, but then again he has won 1-3? SX 450 races riding like Justin Barcia.... It can be done, but he hasn't exactly given himself the opportunity.
see above ^^^

Tradmark
1/27/2015 4:53pm
Bike didnt seem to hurt pieck in the least
1/27/2015 4:58pm
I think its more of a Barcia thing then a bike thing. Allthough the hit he took when Tomac landed on him in that one Euro sx might still affect him a bit ? i doubt though it he was on the bike again soon after it. Maybye we are all just expecting a bit to much out of him in this deep field 6th in points isn't that bad and the season is still long so i could see him improve and maybye get some confidence and holeshots .. He did win 2 450 mains in 2013 i think ? hopefully he can get back to that level the more riders battleing for the win the better.
BobPA
1/27/2015 5:02pm
EddieC wrote:
This is the lamest, unprofessional, most childish excuse that a rider of this caliber could could use. Teams are stupid for hiring riders without doing their...
This is the lamest, unprofessional, most childish excuse that a rider of this caliber could could use.

Teams are stupid for hiring riders without doing their due deligence. Teams should be doing pysch tests, fitness tests, bio-mechanical tests, blood work and then put the rider on the bike and test him everyday for a week under race conditions to see how the rider responds.

Riders need to pull their heads out their asses and work with people who tell them what they need to hear and not what they want to hear.

I am not directing this at Barcia alone but the professional motocross community in general.
No, just no
zehn
1/27/2015 5:26pm
MXant15 wrote:
EddieC wrote:
This is the lamest, unprofessional, most childish excuse that a rider of this caliber could could use. Teams are stupid for hiring riders without doing their...

You can't be serious.

Tell me you're not fucking serious.
Hgibbs566
1/27/2015 5:35pm
MXant15 wrote:
EddieC wrote:

I might be one of the few that agree with youon this here, but I agree 100%.
zehn
1/27/2015 5:38pm
MXant15 wrote:
EddieC wrote:

Hgibbs566 wrote:
I might be one of the few that agree with youon this here, but I agree 100%.
Right, so teams should incur hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of medical tests just to sign a rider.... Gotcha
TanHner36
1/27/2015 5:49pm
Just needs a start , look what Reed did with a start
Exactly. He got a start last week and won a heat race. Even without a start he has charged from the back up to the top 5 which are usually KR, Tomac, Dungey, Canard etc...

Barcia is an extremely defensive rider. Even if he doesn't have the speed of Roczen or Dungey he knows how to ride smart and block passes.
1/27/2015 6:05pm
Brad460 wrote:
Finally a fresh new never discussed topic..exactly what we have all been waiting for..Tongue
Yeah, the Barcia talk is getting old already. Did anyone really expect him to contend for a title with the likes of Roczen, Dungey, Tomac, Canard, and Millsaps? This class is stacked and I'm pretty sure most of us agree the real best case expectation was he would be in the 4-6 spot at the end of the year. Personally, yeah I would like to see him higher but there just is no support to think he is a #1 racer in this group. Sit tight and let's see how this plays out. There are signs he is getting comfortable and maybe he'll make a leap into a podium finish soon.

What I would like to hear from you all that actually do go to the races does it sound like he is over revving the shit out of that bike? There is something to the way Villo rides a 450 in that respect that does make me wonder if he is not riding the bike efficiently but I've yet to see Barcia live on a 450 and TV does not do it justice.
1/27/2015 6:06pm
I know it's early days but I was expecting more out of Barcia this year. Is he nursing an injury? Or, is he another unhappy camper...
I know it's early days but I was expecting more out of Barcia this year. Is he nursing an injury? Or, is he another unhappy camper on the Yamaha 450?

Seems only Brayton has been able to make that bike shine briefly last year, and more recently WP was doing well on it. Perhaps that bike is more suitable for larger riders?

I'm thinking if you put a healthy Barcia on Trey's bike this year he would be near the front banging bars with the boys. He's exciting to watch whether you like him or not. I hope he finds his way back toward the front soon.
Reed the recent transworld article about him. Good read. It's not the yamaha. The dude is hurt.
rcannon
1/27/2015 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2015 6:34pm
Isn't this just how numbers and finishing orders work? I feel like he's finishing about where he did last year. Unless he got a lot faster, or several faster guys dropped out, what changes?

The Bike. The bike has to be a slight handicap as I don't think we've seen a top three guy develop the bike. Stewart hated it too much. It kind of appears its maybe better for large guys? Its also been through a pretty decent redesign. I think Suzuki can trace its machine back to when Roger DeCoster was the rider, cant they?

Worth noting is the aftermarket products. I dont believe they make kits to relocate the engine of the Kawasaki or Suzuki. Its funny, but in this sport, we expect a 22 year old kid to act with the thoughts and wisdom of a 55 year old guy WHILE hes developing a bike.

I know I would have if I were a 22-25 year old millionaire....for sure. Teams, oh yea, they can be very selective when there is a group of maybe 10 guys you could choose from who could legitimately win a championship...or is there even ten?

Post a reply to: Barcia......injury or Yamaha?

The Latest