Barcia goes for Cianciarulo

str8line
2/7/2021 7:49am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2021 5:47am

Barcia came through the first corner on Cooper's line then straightened out into AC's front wheel. Check out out Kenny's anticipation of and reaction to that move. Ricky..."Ken's just too savvy for that."

|
crowe660
Fantasy
3962nd
2/7/2021 8:00am
Can we just appreciate how fucking precise Kenny is in the opening laps. His ability to lay down heaters and position himself to the front in the opening laps is a thing of beauty.
Moto520
2/7/2021 9:01am
It’s the opening lap greatness that I appreciate!

The Shop

dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
2/7/2021 10:34am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2021 10:35am
If marcia would have tried to cut rczen off he prob could have been leading...
2/7/2021 10:44am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2021 10:45am
I think we’re learning that Barcia was likely being held back by the Yamaha but a lot of his issues come from his inability to stay calm and not do dumb things (I’m not referring to the Friese incident either, that obviously wasn’t Barcias fault).

I mean look at guys like Dungey, Villopoto, Kenny or Eli. None of them tried/try to pull the shit Barcia does and I don’t think it’s coincidence that their careers are far more successful than his will likely ever be. I know all the KTM fans who jumped on the Barcia bandwagon won’t like this but it’s just the facts. He’s better on that bike, but a zebra doesn’t change it’s stripes.

2/7/2021 10:46am
I saw that on TV and laughed... "Kenny!!!! Smart, dude!!!" He just went right thru that little hole that Barcia made.
ctbale
2/7/2021 10:53am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2021 10:58am
Barcia abviously cut across kens line there on the start and tapped AC.

BamBam is by far the dirtiest rider out there.

Most riders will see daylite and get to that next corner as fast as they can.

Barcia will try to hinder other riders to reduce the competition everytime.
motomike137
2/7/2021 11:25am
Looks to me like he is going for the lead? I've seen this many times before by other riders. You guys all have a hard on just because it's Barcia. Time and time again on this board people talk about rubbing being racing but most in here live by a double standard.
motomike137
2/7/2021 11:31am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2021 11:50am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/07/477437/s1200_220248_me1_7272.jpg[/img]
Hell I've done this more than once out at "chicken licks raceway" back in my day. Can't have it both ways boys Smile

edit: and I've had it done to me plenty of times
2/7/2021 11:32am
Looks to me like he is going for the lead? I've seen this many times before by other riders. You guys all have a hard on...
Looks to me like he is going for the lead? I've seen this many times before by other riders. You guys all have a hard on just because it's Barcia. Time and time again on this board people talk about rubbing being racing but most in here live by a double standard.
Difference between Barcia and basically everyone else is Barcia is willing to ruin his own race to try to put someone on the ground. I'm not saying he did that last night but he certainly has in the past. Don't know about you but I definitely wouldn't call that "racing".
motomike137
2/7/2021 11:35am
Looks to me like he is going for the lead? I've seen this many times before by other riders. You guys all have a hard on...
Difference between Barcia and basically everyone else is Barcia is willing to ruin his own race to try to put someone on the ground. I'm not...
Difference between Barcia and basically everyone else is Barcia is willing to ruin his own race to try to put someone on the ground. I'm not saying he did that last night but he certainly has in the past. Don't know about you but I definitely wouldn't call that "racing".
I understand why a lot of you want to crucify him but I haven't seen him truly "Bam Bam" anyone in a long time. Does he run it in extra hard? Absolutely. Has he actually punted anybody in the last couple of years? Not that I can remember.
2/7/2021 11:47am
I understand why a lot of you want to crucify him but I haven't seen him truly "Bam Bam" anyone in a long time. Does he...
I understand why a lot of you want to crucify him but I haven't seen him truly "Bam Bam" anyone in a long time. Does he run it in extra hard? Absolutely. Has he actually punted anybody in the last couple of years? Not that I can remember.
You're probably right, but the main reason I do crucify him is because of the tantrums he throws anytime anyone gives him a taste of his own medicine. He's the ultimate example being able to dish it out but not being able to take it.
motomike137
2/7/2021 11:49am
I understand why a lot of you want to crucify him but I haven't seen him truly "Bam Bam" anyone in a long time. Does he...
You're probably right, but the main reason I do crucify him is because of the tantrums he throws anytime anyone gives him a taste of his...
You're probably right, but the main reason I do crucify him is because of the tantrums he throws anytime anyone gives him a taste of his own medicine. He's the ultimate example being able to dish it out but not being able to take it.
I understand. It can be hard to live down a reputation like his.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
242nd
2/7/2021 11:52am
I don't mind these moves as long as you don't lose your shit when someone does it to you and start having a tantrum.
2/7/2021 10:31pm
It is not about Barca being dirty. It is about him being stupid. RC, Stew, Dungey, RV, Eli, Cooper, all those guys have shown the ability to come through the field without taking risks. To be a title threat, you have to minimize risks. Even Malcolm....he will probably finish ahead of Barcia in the points because he does not ride 10/10ths and make risky moves (block passes, contact, leaving yourself no margin for the unexpected). When you ride like Barcia....you look like a hero 3,4,5 times in the season....but you also finish P15 3,4,5 times in the season because those risk end up costing you once time in 10. Championship contenders make as many risky moves in a SEASON as Barcia makes in one race.

It is all about risk vs reward and the long term - 17 races. Not one.
2/7/2021 10:40pm
Kenny is getting out of the gate so damn well this year, if he keeps it up the rest of the guys don’t stand a chance.
SoCalMX70
2/7/2021 10:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2021 10:42pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/07/477437/s1200_220248_me1_7272.jpg[/img]
Where's Barcia looking? Where's Roczen looking?

Barcia will never win a big bike championship.
DirtDart
2/7/2021 11:57pm
You're probably right, but the main reason I do crucify him is because of the tantrums he throws anytime anyone gives him a taste of his...
Didn’t people defend KR when he got blocked using adrenalin as an excuse?

JB deserves the same.
DirtDart
2/8/2021 12:05am
It is not about Barca being dirty. It is about him being stupid. RC, Stew, Dungey, RV, Eli, Cooper, all those guys have shown the ability...
It is not about Barca being dirty. It is about him being stupid. RC, Stew, Dungey, RV, Eli, Cooper, all those guys have shown the ability to come through the field without taking risks. To be a title threat, you have to minimize risks. Even Malcolm....he will probably finish ahead of Barcia in the points because he does not ride 10/10ths and make risky moves (block passes, contact, leaving yourself no margin for the unexpected). When you ride like Barcia....you look like a hero 3,4,5 times in the season....but you also finish P15 3,4,5 times in the season because those risk end up costing you once time in 10. Championship contenders make as many risky moves in a SEASON as Barcia makes in one race.

It is all about risk vs reward and the long term - 17 races. Not one.
All of those guys have done block passes. In this race Webb ran Barcia wide to take that position.

We also saw, except for Barcia, everyone willing to stay where they were and play follow the leader, neither Webb or Tomac tried to pass Barcia.
kiwifan
2/8/2021 12:16am
This year!??? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/07/477530/s1200_A013EE57_8507_4894_B6AF_47297DF1F9C9.jpg[/img] Every year bro...
This year!???
Every year bro...
that still cracks me up, best post race commentary by riders ever!!!
davistld01
2/8/2021 5:13am
If you want to play with the big boys...

I think Barcia was pussy-testing Cianciarulo...seeing if he’d check up. Adam had a steep learning curve coming into the 450’s. He’ll be fine. Ricky was right.
2/8/2021 5:28am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
This looks like my buddy down the road when he is pushing the holsteins through the fences into the barn to get milked
Mit12
2/8/2021 8:47am
This is why Barcia will never win a 450 SX championship, he has pissed off way to many people in his career. Riders will get there revenge when it matters most.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
2/8/2021 8:49am
Guys, remember that one time a guy tried to cut off the other guys in order to achieve the holeshot? O wait, no, that is literally every start in motocross.
DirtDart
2/8/2021 9:20am
Mit12 wrote:
This is why Barcia will never win a 450 SX championship, he has pissed off way to many people in his career. Riders will get there...
This is why Barcia will never win a 450 SX championship, he has pissed off way to many people in his career. Riders will get there revenge when it matters most.
Maybe but he is literally way closer than you.
visser62
2/8/2021 9:25am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 9:26am
DirtDart wrote:
Maybe but he is literally way closer than you.
I'm amazed people like you still trot out this stupid argument. It makes no sense.

"The Houston Texans are alienating their quarterback and most of their players and fans. What the fuck are they doing?"

"Yeah, well they're closer to a Super Bowl than you!"

Post a reply to: Barcia goes for Cianciarulo

The Latest