Barcia could be a big loser...

Huckster
6/10/2020 3:58am
4 riders have won a SX this yr.
gregyou
6/10/2020 4:28am
Zycki11 wrote:
What Barcia did Sunday was not that bad. All he did was hold his line straight. Tomac went outside and was hoping to rail around him...
What Barcia did Sunday was not that bad. All he did was hold his line straight. Tomac went outside and was hoping to rail around him. Justin said no, and the contact if you watch was actually made by Eli turning down. With that said, Bam Bam has made some dumb decisions for sure. Sometimes the shoe already fits.
gregyou wrote:
Not bad that even Webb talked about it had as barcia trying to take tomac out in the post race conference
Zycki11 wrote:
I think your idea of a takeout and mine are different. We have the luxury of slow motion. Webb was seeing things at Mach 3
When you go straight in a corner to hit some one do you call it ?
Motofinne
6/10/2020 4:51am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2020 5:56am
I wonder if Barcia is riding with a nagging injury? It's pretty crazy how much worse he is after the break.
motomike137
6/10/2020 5:41am
Motofinne wrote:
I wonder if Barcia is riding with a nagging injury? It's pretty crazy how much worse he is after the break.
I've been wondering this also.

The Shop

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
6/10/2020 5:53am
Motofinne wrote:
"Break"
6/10/2020 11:26am
I hope Barcia loses his ride because I would like to see him on another bike. Any of these colors would work:

White
Orange
Red/Orange
Red
Green
Zycki11
6/10/2020 12:04pm
gregyou wrote:
Not bad that even Webb talked about it had as barcia trying to take tomac out in the post race conference
Zycki11 wrote:
I think your idea of a takeout and mine are different. We have the luxury of slow motion. Webb was seeing things at Mach 3
gregyou wrote:
When you go straight in a corner to hit some one do you call it ?
A block pass, taking the line away. He didn’t move left to make contact and he sure as shit didn’t turn down into himself. He took the line away. That is not a takeout move.
gt80rider
6/10/2020 12:07pm
Motofinne wrote:
Barcia is a contract year rider.... With this being a contract year, maybe he thinks his one win will be enough to get a ride somewhere....

Sadly... Dude has the speed to win, just not the head....
mx1313
6/10/2020 12:17pm
Bam-a-lamma-ding-dong has never once accidently taken out someone in a turn. If Barcia has an MO, it's if you pass him (sorry, I mean WHEN you pass him), the next 180 turn, he's gonna forget how his brakes operate, dive bomb across the line and try to take your wheel out. It's Barcia racing 101.
tingo
5/9/2022 8:27am
Zycki11 wrote:
What Barcia did Sunday was not that bad. All he did was hold his line straight. Tomac went outside and was hoping to rail around him...
What Barcia did Sunday was not that bad. All he did was hold his line straight. Tomac went outside and was hoping to rail around him. Justin said no, and the contact if you watch was actually made by Eli turning down. With that said, Bam Bam has made some dumb decisions for sure. Sometimes the shoe already fits.
tingo wrote:
Straight....in a corner. He's certainly done worse, but it was still classic Barcia the Baby running it in hard on someone that cleanly passed him...in a...
Straight....in a corner. He's certainly done worse, but it was still classic Barcia the Baby running it in hard on someone that cleanly passed him...in a heat race. Dude will never change.

Tomac's pass:

Barcia's retaliation:
Reviving one of many older threads to point out the obvious: it's the same shit race after race, season after season. Barcia gets passed by a faster rider and then resorts to a direct hit knowing that it will most likely work in his favor since he is on the inside. The AMA's response was predictably weak, especially for a guy that is already on probation. What does that even mean? You really shouldn't be able to intentionally use your front wheel as a battering ram and get away with it. The hit was hard and Malcolm is lucky he wasn't hurt a la Bowers at the 2018 Vegas SX.

So once again, despite Barcia's points penalty, he was essentially rewarded by his dirty riding by keeping his podium finish (and associated earnings) despite being the slower rider. Sure wish the AMA would grow a pair and implement penalties that actually work as a deterrent. Barcia just uses them as click-bait for his Youtube channel with video titles like "GOT FINED AGAIN" and "VIOLATED MY PROBATION."

In no way do I want to see SX over-regulated, but I think a black-flag and/or one race suspension would have been entirely appropriate. Get him off the track and let the guys that are actually there to race each other, race. The small fines and smacks on the wrist obviously aren't working. Are they waiting until he actually hurts someone again to dish out a more severe penalty?

Justin willfully violates this rule almost every race:
Rule 4.15.a. No rider may ride in such a manner as to endanger life or limb of other riders, official or the public.

TLDR: Barcia is still Barcia. The AMA is still a joke.

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
5/9/2022 10:14am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2022 10:15am
I guess we needed an old Barca thread bumped to the top with all the other Barcia threads currently in play.

Sport will be duller when Barcia leaves it.

Post a reply to: Barcia could be a big loser...

The Latest