Barcia could be a big loser...

Snapper
6/9/2020 2:08am
devotid wrote:
I bet his sponsors are super disappointed that there is multiple 4 page threads about him three times a week on most moto sites around the...
I bet his sponsors are super disappointed that there is multiple 4 page threads about him three times a week on most moto sites around the world..... Yeah I bet they are super pissed about that.

/sarcasm for all the dumb dumbs.

There may be all these threads, but is the topic how they want their brands to be represented? They're never about something cool Barcia did on the track.
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4190th
6/9/2020 4:37am
There’s only been 3 guys better then him this season. The guys in 4th now 5th place, you can’t argue that. Who else you going to sign? I’m not taking AP over him.
rdrurypi
6/9/2020 5:49am
Malcolm Stewart would be a good replacement for Barcia.
motomike137
6/9/2020 6:11am
I think Yamaha probably values a guy that will perform in the outdoors as well. We have the MX season ahead of still and Justin usually has some shining moments outdoors. I'll bet he does enough to stay when it is all said and done.

The Shop

motomike137
6/9/2020 6:12am
rdrurypi wrote:
Malcolm probably doesn't want to ride MX.
kkawboy14
6/9/2020 6:13am
rdrurypi wrote:
Malcolm wants to ride mx. He just wants to make money doing it!
motomike137
6/9/2020 6:16am
rdrurypi wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Malcolm wants to ride mx. He just wants to make money doing it!
I'd love to see it if he puts his heart into it but I would still take Bam Bam for another year. As cool and fun as Malcolm is he is even more sporadic than Barcia.
rdrurypi
6/9/2020 6:18am
He and his dad were on Swaps podcast and both said he wanted to do outdoors. He was really good on the Troy Lee Honda when he last did the 450 Nationals and now that he is fit, I bet he would do really well.
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4190th
6/9/2020 6:48am
rdrurypi wrote:
When has Malcolm consistently beat Barcia for a season? Never.
KX500
6/9/2020 7:12am
Any respect I had for Bam Bam vanished when I saw the pathetic 'oh, it's Tomac, I'd better ram him as he's blowing past me, so I can have some impact on the outcome of the race', stunt.

It's one thing if a couple guys are battling for position, but it was no battle - just stupid.

If I'm Yamaha, I figure Bam Bam makes us look bad, maybe as much as he makes us look good. Would Ferrandis or McElrath be a better choice?

But in the last 3 years, who all has won a 450 race? The # isn't huge.

He is one of them, he'll be fine.

kage173
6/9/2020 8:14am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
There’s only been 3 guys better then him this season. The guys in 4th now 5th place, you can’t argue that. Who else you going to...
There’s only been 3 guys better then him this season. The guys in 4th now 5th place, you can’t argue that. Who else you going to sign? I’m not taking AP over him.
I might be wrong, but I believe Yamaha has done exactly that. AP got optioned for another year and Barcia is out if he doesn't get top 3.

At least that's my understanding. I'm not a huge Barcia fan, but it seems like the dumbest move of 2020. Then again, I don't know the money situation
rdrurypi
6/9/2020 8:21am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
There’s only been 3 guys better then him this season. The guys in 4th now 5th place, you can’t argue that. Who else you going to...
kage173 wrote:
I might be wrong, but I believe Yamaha has done exactly that. AP got optioned for another year and Barcia is out if he doesn't get...
I might be wrong, but I believe Yamaha has done exactly that. AP got optioned for another year and Barcia is out if he doesn't get top 3.

At least that's my understanding. I'm not a huge Barcia fan, but it seems like the dumbest move of 2020. Then again, I don't know the money situation
I would be really surprised if AP was resigned with Yamaha. His results have been surprisingly bad the last 2 years for a factory rider. Who knows, he could end up being another Cooper Webb.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
6/9/2020 8:33am
resetjet wrote:
He’s not gonna get top 3 unless something happens to webb or kenny. Kenny is looking kinda likely at this point.
Drtbykr wrote:
If u r getting lapped twice, seems like that would be shut down time.
Roczen I mean.
spimx wrote:
I don't think he got lapped 2x but Roczen did. Barcia has stuff competition and I have seen Tomac make equally if not more stupid defensive...
I don't think he got lapped 2x but Roczen did. Barcia has stuff competition and I have seen Tomac make equally if not more stupid defensive moves this year
Huh ?? Tomac has not ridden dirty one single time. Im not even a fan, but that was a dumb comment
kpiper
6/9/2020 8:36am
KX500 wrote:
Any respect I had for Bam Bam vanished when I saw the pathetic 'oh, it's Tomac, I'd better ram him as he's blowing past me, so...
Any respect I had for Bam Bam vanished when I saw the pathetic 'oh, it's Tomac, I'd better ram him as he's blowing past me, so I can have some impact on the outcome of the race', stunt.

It's one thing if a couple guys are battling for position, but it was no battle - just stupid.

If I'm Yamaha, I figure Bam Bam makes us look bad, maybe as much as he makes us look good. Would Ferrandis or McElrath be a better choice?

Barcia was a special kind of stupid last Sunday what he did to Tomac.

Come on Justin just stop it!
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1599th
6/9/2020 9:04am
His bank account indicates he is not a loser.
Zycki11
6/9/2020 9:08am
What Barcia did Sunday was not that bad. All he did was hold his line straight. Tomac went outside and was hoping to rail around him. Justin said no, and the contact if you watch was actually made by Eli turning down. With that said, Bam Bam has made some dumb decisions for sure. Sometimes the shoe already fits.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/9/2020 9:45am
Drtbykr wrote:
If u r getting lapped twice, seems like that would be shut down time.
Roczen I mean.
spimx wrote:
I don't think he got lapped 2x but Roczen did. Barcia has stuff competition and I have seen Tomac make equally if not more stupid defensive...
I don't think he got lapped 2x but Roczen did. Barcia has stuff competition and I have seen Tomac make equally if not more stupid defensive moves this year
langhammx wrote:
Huh ?? Tomac has not ridden dirty one single time. Im not even a fan, but that was a dumb comment
Um, this was pretty stupid:

hamncheeze
6/9/2020 9:54am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

This was largely precipitated by Tomac rushing a pass to get away from Barcia, who he had just passed. And Tomac actually went by RMATV-MC to apologize for it.
KX500
6/9/2020 10:08am
Stupid move that is unlikely to be repeated is a bit different than an earned reputation that a guy is happy to keep earning.
tingo
6/9/2020 10:20am
Zycki11 wrote:
What Barcia did Sunday was not that bad. All he did was hold his line straight. Tomac went outside and was hoping to rail around him...
What Barcia did Sunday was not that bad. All he did was hold his line straight. Tomac went outside and was hoping to rail around him. Justin said no, and the contact if you watch was actually made by Eli turning down. With that said, Bam Bam has made some dumb decisions for sure. Sometimes the shoe already fits.
Straight....in a corner. He's certainly done worse, but it was still classic Barcia the Baby running it in hard on someone that cleanly passed him...in a heat race. Dude will never change.

Tomac's pass:

Barcia's retaliation:
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/9/2020 10:20am
KX500 wrote:
Any respect I had for Bam Bam vanished when I saw the pathetic 'oh, it's Tomac, I'd better ram him as he's blowing past me, so...

kpiper wrote:
Barcia was a special kind of stupid last Sunday what he did to Tomac.

Come on Justin just stop it!
It ain't gonna change with Barcia, he's ok to talk to and is pretty ok off the track and I struggle with that. He has no respect, especially as a seasoned Pro in the 450 class.

Yamaha needs to send him...there are better riders coming up.
Zycki11
6/9/2020 11:04am
tingo wrote:
Straight....in a corner. He's certainly done worse, but it was still classic Barcia the Baby running it in hard on someone that cleanly passed him...in a...
Straight....in a corner. He's certainly done worse, but it was still classic Barcia the Baby running it in hard on someone that cleanly passed him...in a heat race. Dude will never change.

Tomac's pass:

Barcia's retaliation:
Hence my point. No argument here
kpiper
6/9/2020 1:34pm
tingo wrote:
Straight....in a corner. He's certainly done worse, but it was still classic Barcia the Baby running it in hard on someone that cleanly passed him...in a...

Tomac's pass:

Barcia's retaliation:
Zycki11 wrote:
Hence my point. No argument here
The AMA really needs to have a talk with that guy.

1) It was meaningless in the qualifier! Both riders were in position to qualify.

2) It would be pretty bad for someone doing that (look at the picture) to take out the guy leading the series with a handful of races left to go.

Not smart or good sportsmanship at all. Riders can get hurt with the smallest thing sometimes. I don't get it Barcia. Be a professional!
gt80rider
6/9/2020 1:56pm
His bank account indicates he is not a loser.
Says the guy with zero real idea of how many digits are in his account.... Heck, most pros "retire" with not much in the bank, and plenty of big loans...
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
6/9/2020 2:59pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2020 3:00pm
Holy shit, did you guys see the big dirtbike race? Barcia touched another bike in a corner, what a criminal offense!!

If only SX was a contact sport that allowed bumping.

Zycki11
6/9/2020 3:05pm
kpiper wrote:
The AMA really needs to have a talk with that guy. 1) It was meaningless in the qualifier! Both riders were in position to qualify. 2)...

1) It was meaningless in the qualifier! Both riders were in position to qualify.

2) It would be pretty bad for someone doing that (look at the picture) to take out the guy leading the series with a handful of races left to go.

Not smart or good sportsmanship at all. Riders can get hurt with the smallest thing sometimes. I don't get it Barcia. Be a professional!
Would the same be said for Anderson? He ran straight into Roczen who is a title contender also
kpiper
6/9/2020 4:32pm
kpiper wrote:
The AMA really needs to have a talk with that guy. 1) It was meaningless in the qualifier! Both riders were in position to qualify. 2)...

Zycki11 wrote:
Would the same be said for Anderson? He ran straight into Roczen who is a title contender also
He hit him in the qualifier? I would have to go back and look as I don't remember.
gregyou
6/9/2020 5:36pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:
This was largely precipitated by Tomac rushing a pass to get away from Barcia, who he had just passed. And Tomac actually went by RMATV-MC to...
This was largely precipitated by Tomac rushing a pass to get away from Barcia, who he had just passed. And Tomac actually went by RMATV-MC to apologize for it.
Tomac agreed and apologised publicly and went and tried to apologise to Blake
gregyou
6/9/2020 5:38pm
Zycki11 wrote:
What Barcia did Sunday was not that bad. All he did was hold his line straight. Tomac went outside and was hoping to rail around him...
Not bad that even Webb talked about it had as barcia trying to take tomac out in the post race conference
Zycki11
6/9/2020 5:47pm
Zycki11 wrote:
gregyou wrote:
Not bad that even Webb talked about it had as barcia trying to take tomac out in the post race conference
I think your idea of a takeout and mine are different. We have the luxury of slow motion. Webb was seeing things at Mach 3

Post a reply to: Barcia could be a big loser...

The Latest