Barcia charging at Tampa

KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
Edited Date/Time 2/19/2020 3:36pm
Nice finish. 7 to 4th in last two minutes. Especially after that nasty case in practice. Too bad the camera crew didn’t catch his charge.
|
2/15/2020 8:16pm
Hopefully nobody runs it in to deep on him though he’ll throw a fucking fit
2/15/2020 8:45pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
Nice finish. 7 to 4th in last two minutes. Especially after that nasty case in practice. Too bad the camera crew didn’t catch his charge.
I agree. It was a great ride with what has been a pretty solid season for Barcia so far. Tough competition and he's hanging in there.
Motofinne
2/16/2020 4:25am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 5:10am
That was a fantastic ride from Barcia yet again but he will struggle to land on the podium if he keeps getting starts outside the top 10. I wonder what has happened there, he got two great starts in the first two rounds and ever since that they have been bad.

The Shop

Mr. Afterbar
2/16/2020 4:54am
Hopefully nobody runs it in to deep on him though he’ll throw a fucking fit
Thanks for your insightful contribution.
2/16/2020 5:08am
He's been moving forward with a vengeance the last few weeks. Would have liked to see any of it.
MX Culture
2/16/2020 5:43am
I watched the whole thing.
Started 13th and really took a few laps to get going.
Was in 11th for a while, 8th for quite a while.
But like you said, the last 5 minutes was really exciting to watch. Got Malc, then Adam went down, got Deano and the last 2 laps with Hill was really cool. Side by side off the last triple and last corner and drag race through the whoops.
If he gets a start, watch out.
sandman768
2/16/2020 6:07am
He is fighting for every position...how can you not like that...
Huckster
2/16/2020 6:19am
sandman768 wrote:
He is fighting for every position...how can you not like that...
Because there are people who still believe that there is a class system and you should know your place. God forbid you’re out there fighting for every position/point you can get. It’s not like it’s your job or anything. They should just line up single file by hierarchy and ride around like that. Funny part is that guys like Hannah and Bradshaw are revered now because of their aggressive style.
TDeath21
2/16/2020 6:25am
Great ride by him after a bad start. He used to be amazing at starts. Not sure what happened. Anyway, that kind of ride is exactly what he needed to stay in this championship hunt.
Kenny Lingus
2/16/2020 6:36am
I was there and he was getting a lot of the guys in the sand. He'd go inside then rail the outside. From my eyeball radar he looked to be railing the outside faster than anyone.
spimx
2/16/2020 7:16am
All it will take is a start and he will be on the podium again if not a win. Or if it rains
Ozy
2/16/2020 10:44am
Bam Bam showed some real Heart last night, Very impressive ride. It makes me wonder where his head is at when he was so fast the first 3 rounds and not really racing for the win in others.
fanger
2/16/2020 11:32am
Has making the motor more "stock" hurt his starts?
2/18/2020 5:52am
Looked like he was 18th after the first turn, then 16th after the first lap. EXTREMELY strong ride to make it up to 4th in that crowd of riders.
MOTO1313
2/18/2020 6:06am
Barcia looked great. If he would just ride like he knows how to and stop the BS blocking and defensive riding, he'd could definitely be a player this season.
Goon126
2/18/2020 2:33pm
Barcia is a top 5 rider getting bad starts. Done.
O&GDriller
2/18/2020 2:51pm
I think it's insulting to refer to Justin as "Bam-Bam". Granted, he earned that nickname MANY years ago when he was very aggressive racing 250's as an amateur and pro. However, it surprises me that very few people recognize he's matured and grown up. As a result, his racecraft is much better than when he "was" Bam-Bam. He doesn't ride in the aggressive manner as when he earned the nickname. He's developed into a true professional. He'll still ride in an aggressive manner to improve his position but he hasn't taken people out like in the old days in years. People who follow the sport and ride should realize this and give the guy some credit. Bam-Bam is a stupid and no longer accurate knickname....

Moto Norcal
2/18/2020 3:07pm
O&GDriller wrote:
I think it's insulting to refer to Justin as "Bam-Bam". Granted, he earned that nickname MANY years ago when he was very aggressive racing 250's as...
I think it's insulting to refer to Justin as "Bam-Bam". Granted, he earned that nickname MANY years ago when he was very aggressive racing 250's as an amateur and pro. However, it surprises me that very few people recognize he's matured and grown up. As a result, his racecraft is much better than when he "was" Bam-Bam. He doesn't ride in the aggressive manner as when he earned the nickname. He's developed into a true professional. He'll still ride in an aggressive manner to improve his position but he hasn't taken people out like in the old days in years. People who follow the sport and ride should realize this and give the guy some credit. Bam-Bam is a stupid and no longer accurate knickname....

Barcia is using a clip from the Flintstones for his SX intro, so I don't think he's too bothered by it.
SWOHIO GUY
2/18/2020 3:45pm
O&GDriller wrote:
I think it's insulting to refer to Justin as "Bam-Bam". Granted, he earned that nickname MANY years ago when he was very aggressive racing 250's as...

Then there is last week at San Diego where he tries to Tbone Tomac after the first rhythm section. He’s definitely toned it down but he still has it in him.
300exc
2/18/2020 5:14pm
O&GDriller wrote:

His air filter cover has Bam Bam stickers on it.
Seems like he kind of owns it.
motomike137
2/18/2020 6:36pm
O&GDriller wrote:

SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Then there is last week at San Diego where he tries to Tbone Tomac after the first rhythm section. He’s definitely toned it down but he...
Then there is last week at San Diego where he tries to Tbone Tomac after the first rhythm section. He’s definitely toned it down but he still has it in him.
If "Bam" "tried" to "Tbone" Tomac, Eli would have hit the dirt.
motomike137
2/18/2020 6:37pm
O&GDriller wrote:

It's a fun nickname. Nothing to get worked up about.
IWreckALot
2/19/2020 11:30am
I was there and he was getting a lot of the guys in the sand. He'd go inside then rail the outside. From my eyeball radar...
I was there and he was getting a lot of the guys in the sand. He'd go inside then rail the outside. From my eyeball radar he looked to be railing the outside faster than anyone.
Damn. Was he doing it better than when Tomac passed AC? Tomac absolutely blistered that corner on the outside that lap.

Glad to see Barcia hanging in there. I hope he gets better on the east rounds. Most of the time we hear "wait till X" then X happens nothing really happens. Seems like most of the guys look forward to getting away from the west onto tracks that actually have traction.
O&GDriller
2/19/2020 2:21pm
O&GDriller wrote:

It's a fun nickname. Nothing to get worked up about.
I agree fully. The nickname "Bam-Bam" is a marketing tool similar to Ronnie Mac. The point I make is while the name adds value to Justin from a marketing perspective experienced racers/riders on here and throughout the moto community talk as if he still rides like Bam-Bam. He DOES NOT and I'd think true fans of the sport should recognize this VERY SIGNIFICANT change to the way he approaches a race and his race craft. He was a foolish kid when he "was" Bam-Bam. Now he's an experienced and accomplished Pro who rides like an experienced Pro and not a foolish kid.
Kenny Lingus
2/19/2020 3:02pm
I was there and he was getting a lot of the guys in the sand. He'd go inside then rail the outside. From my eyeball radar...
IWreckALot wrote:
Damn. Was he doing it better than when Tomac passed AC? Tomac absolutely blistered that corner on the outside that lap. Glad to see Barcia hanging...
Damn. Was he doing it better than when Tomac passed AC? Tomac absolutely blistered that corner on the outside that lap.

Glad to see Barcia hanging in there. I hope he gets better on the east rounds. Most of the time we hear "wait till X" then X happens nothing really happens. Seems like most of the guys look forward to getting away from the west onto tracks that actually have traction.
Can't say for sure I missed the pass and couldn't see the exit but I swore I saw him drag his bars a couple times. Everybody got squirreled out more than once it seemed in that sand.
2/19/2020 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2020 3:36pm
O&GDriller wrote:

300exc wrote:
His air filter cover has Bam Bam stickers on it.
Seems like he kind of owns it.
Bam-bam his so insulted by the nickname that he named his training facility after it.
http://bamlandmxcamp.com/

Post a reply to: Barcia charging at Tampa

The Latest