Barcia bike issue.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2021 5:22 AM

Shifter broke off in first gear. Unreal ride for only have first gear.

|

1/20/2021 5:24 AM

When did it break?

|

1/20/2021 5:29 AM

I wondered what happened. He was up to 6th I believe and then suddenly he was 9th.

|

1/20/2021 5:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2021 6:07 AM

Barcia is known to rev the guts out of his bike therefore he must have been thrilled being in 1st gear for most of the race.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/20/2021 5:40 AM

"Shifters are overrated."

-Ryan Dungey

|

1/20/2021 5:47 AM

1st gear works ok on arena cross track.

|

1/20/2021 5:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2021 5:54 AM

Boomslang wrote:

Barcia is known to rev the guts out of his bike therefore he must have been thrilled being in 1st gear for most of the race.

...more

Funniest thing I’ve read all week.

Edit to add: still 2nd in points.

|

1/20/2021 7:23 AM

kage173 wrote:

When did it break?

Yea that's what I wanted to know!

Couldn't figure out what was wrong from my view on the BooB tube.

Way to salvage points Bam Bam! cheerful

|

1/20/2021 7:37 AM

Isn't 1st gear for idling through the pits ? Why was he in 1st gear ?

|

1/20/2021 7:38 AM

Smarter, braver?
wink

Photo

|

1/20/2021 7:39 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Isn't 1st gear for idling through the pits ? Why was he in 1st gear ?

Probably from hitting the tuff block it shifted down to first...

|

1/20/2021 7:40 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Isn't 1st gear for idling through the pits ? Why was he in 1st gear ?

DonM wrote:

Probably from hitting the tuff block it shifted down to first...

Most of the guys don’t leave 1st/2nd until they hit the whoops or a straight.. triple out of a corner is 1st gear, most of the track is 2nd though

|

1/20/2021 8:11 AM

Did anyone notice how loose his chain was at the end of the race!? They showed him stopped across from the mechanics area looking down at it

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

1/20/2021 8:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2021 8:15 AM

kage173 wrote:

When did it break?

Looking at lap times and chart, seems to be lap 22. Times jumped from .44 to .48, and got passed by a few guys. Was running 7th behind 94 and 2.

|

1/20/2021 8:14 AM

Photo

Looks like the broken shifter theory is confirmed
|

1/20/2021 8:19 AM

Johnny Lock wrote:

Funniest thing I’ve read all week.

Edit to add: still 2nd in points.

He still in firts after penalties to roczen I think

|

Rather be a racer for a time than a spectator for a lifetime..

1/20/2021 8:25 AM

Rv said he could jump everything on the track in 1st gear on his 450.

|

Wide Open until you see God then BRAKE!

1/20/2021 8:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2021 8:30 AM

Without the issue, Barcia had a good shot at 5th, maybe even 4th, consolidating his points lead. Tough break. I bet he’ll be fired up Saturday.

|

1/20/2021 8:43 AM

There's a photo of the broken shifter found on the track... Good ride by Barcia with the adversity. All the people whining about his frustration obviously haven't been there before.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

1/20/2021 9:00 AM

I cannot imagine doing anything on a track in 1st gear.

|





1/20/2021 9:06 AM

Jardo wrote:

I cannot imagine doing anything on a track in 1st gear.

You've never ridden once of the old 4 speed YZF's.

Its terrifying and I am very impressed by Barcia after learning about being stuck in 1st gear!

|

1/20/2021 9:08 AM

I heard the GasGas has a cheaper shifter...

grin

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

1/20/2021 9:09 AM

Jardo wrote:

I cannot imagine doing anything on a track in 1st gear.

I thought the Factory Trans are completely different for SX than us average Joe's and have only 3 or 4 gears.

|

1/20/2021 9:12 AM

So.... Does Barcia's Gas Gas have the stock 1st removed so that first is really second??? or was he really stuck in the stock first gear...??? If they removed first, so that second then became first, I can see him doing what he did last night.... otherwise..... no way he is only dropping 4 sec a lap stuck in a stock first gear... would have to be wayyyy more than that....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/20/2021 9:21 AM

kage173 wrote:

When did it break?

toroP wrote:

Looking at lap times and chart, seems to be lap 22. Times jumped from .44 to .48, and got passed by a few guys. Was running ...more

That's what I figured. Not exactly the whole race. Bummer on the shifter. But He choked on the start. That's what ruined his result.

|

1/20/2021 9:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2021 10:50 AM

kage173 wrote:

When did it break?

toroP wrote:

Looking at lap times and chart, seems to be lap 22. Times jumped from .44 to .48, and got passed by a few guys. Was running ...more

kage173 wrote:

That's what I figured. Not exactly the whole race. Bummer on the shifter. But He choked on the start. That's what ruined his ...more

He was with Webb and Roczen before the shifter issue. He recovered well from a bad start.

|

1/20/2021 9:34 AM

ZOBITO wrote:

Smarter, braver?
wink

Photo

Multi time 450 champion. wink

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/20/2021 9:36 AM

Shifter came right off of splines?

|

1/20/2021 9:36 AM

ZOBITO wrote:

Smarter, braver?
wink

Photo

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Multi time 450 champion. wink

To be fair Dungey had some of the shifter to grab while Barcia just had shaft as the entire shifter was torn off...

|

1/20/2021 9:39 AM

ZOBITO wrote:

Smarter, braver?
wink

Photo

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Multi time 450 champion. wink

DonM wrote:

To be fair Dungey had some of the shifter to grab while Barcia just had shaft as the entire shifter was torn off...

Yep, unless we get pictures of barcias shifter we can't compare these two situations.

|