Barcia bike comment

Markus422
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2020 5:38am
At the end of the SML How Was Your Weekend (Post A1) video I noticed Barcia mentioned something along the lines of the bikes being the best it's been since his factory Honda days (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZoD-xOSZk @ 10:50). As a fan, it's obviously cool having these little pieces of insight but I'm wondering how/if Yamaha is ok with him making that statement? Justin basically said it took them years for him to make the Yamaha what the Honda was a couple of years back when he was riding it and I was just slightly shocked he could be that transparent.
|
Braz
Fantasy
1033rd
1/16/2020 8:41pm
Why not? Yamaha isn’t selling 2-3 year old bikes anymore, they’re selling the bike he is on now that he is saying is great. Makes sense to me.
1/16/2020 9:05pm
I understand your point about him saying he finally feels as good on the blue bike now in 2020 as he felt on the Honda 6 years ago. But, I don't think anyone under the blue tent cares because Barcia just gave Yamaha their first legitimate supercross win (dry) in what seems like almost a decade.

I guess it's fair to say Barcia just ended the blue curse and ended the myth that the blue pig is a shit supercross bike and only does well in the mud.

Now if they would just get rid of that hideous black plastic and blue rims they'll go from zero to hero. Does anyone have photos of some sweet looking 2020 Yamahas with different wheels and graphics?
Motofinne
1/16/2020 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2020 6:29am
I don't see the problem? It is pretty much public knowledge at this point that things were not good in the factory Yamaha team ever since they came back regarding testing and listening to the riders.

When they brought in Travis Preston in the summer he said they were completely lost with the 2019 spec bike.
Talisker
1/16/2020 9:25pm
I’ll take that as a complement.

The Shop

snackfedbear
1/16/2020 9:26pm
I don’t think these dudes should have to filter their opinions that much. It’s one thing to bash the bike and say it’s dog shit to the public, but saying that his comfort is on the level as it was on another team is ok. I will back seat drive by saying he could have just stated the year instead of the team. Either way it tells the same story. Bottom line is that Yamaha got a win and a second in the first two rounds due to his level of comfort on the bike. This should be a statement to all teams. Make your riders comfortable and you will see their best results.
1/16/2020 9:41pm
Here's my photoshop version of what I believe the blue factory bike should look like. Take note Yamaha, these are some nice graphics. Pick your favorite wheel color:

ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/16/2020 9:45pm
Here's my photoshop version of what I believe the blue factory bike should look like. Take note Yamaha, these are some nice graphics. Pick your favorite...
Here's my photoshop version of what I believe the blue factory bike should look like. Take note Yamaha, these are some nice graphics. Pick your favorite wheel color:

Ain’t going to happen.
1/16/2020 9:48pm
ML512 wrote:
Ain’t going to happen.
They should be able to incorporate the Monster logo into the graphics without making the bike look like a black freestyle bike.
WillyB
1/16/2020 9:53pm
Get outta here ^^ the bike looks sick!

Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/16/2020 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2020 10:13pm
I think this one looks good, and would Look even better with the Blue Rims.
1/16/2020 10:24pm
WillyB wrote:
Get outta here ^^ the bike looks sick! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/01/16/398586/s1200_max_IMG_4221_299592.jpg[/img]

i thought no one was allowed to polish the frame due to grinding it down to change flex etc, thought there was some bitching a few years ago about it...
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/16/2020 10:40pm
ML512 wrote:
Ain’t going to happen.
They should be able to incorporate the Monster logo into the graphics without making the bike look like a black freestyle bike.
Monster is funding more of the operation than Yamaha is at this point so they will retain main signage that much outweighs the Yamaha logos. And the black is of Monster’s wish, they’re forking over the level of cash required to do so.
Timo_2824
1/16/2020 10:41pm
cablecable wrote:
i thought no one was allowed to polish the frame due to grinding it down to change flex etc, thought there was some bitching a few...
i thought no one was allowed to polish the frame due to grinding it down to change flex etc, thought there was some bitching a few years ago about it...
Pretty sure factory teams don't run frames long enough to worry about polishing the frames away.
ledger
1/17/2020 12:41am
ML512 wrote:
Monster is funding more of the operation than Yamaha is at this point so they will retain main signage that much outweighs the Yamaha logos. And...
Monster is funding more of the operation than Yamaha is at this point so they will retain main signage that much outweighs the Yamaha logos. And the black is of Monster’s wish, they’re forking over the level of cash required to do so.
The Monster logo on black has ran it's coarse for a long, long time and has become stale IMHO. With all the other flavor's/ colors that Monster has...do you think they'll ever try to advertise...something different ?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/17/2020 1:24am
ledger wrote:
The Monster logo on black has ran it's coarse for a long, long time and has become stale IMHO. With all the other flavor's/ colors that...
The Monster logo on black has ran it's coarse for a long, long time and has become stale IMHO. With all the other flavor's/ colors that Monster has...do you think they'll ever try to advertise...something different ?
No. Monster's corporate colors are black and green and that's what represents the brand. As the title sponsor they require the teams to run those specific colors.

They fund the programs, so what they say goes.
1/17/2020 1:52am
I understand your point about him saying he finally feels as good on the blue bike now in 2020 as he felt on the Honda 6...
I understand your point about him saying he finally feels as good on the blue bike now in 2020 as he felt on the Honda 6 years ago. But, I don't think anyone under the blue tent cares because Barcia just gave Yamaha their first legitimate supercross win (dry) in what seems like almost a decade.

I guess it's fair to say Barcia just ended the blue curse and ended the myth that the blue pig is a shit supercross bike and only does well in the mud.

Now if they would just get rid of that hideous black plastic and blue rims they'll go from zero to hero. Does anyone have photos of some sweet looking 2020 Yamahas with different wheels and graphics?
He probably proved it is no longer shit, while also confirming it has been shit until now.
1/17/2020 2:02am
WillyB wrote:
Get outta here ^^ the bike looks sick! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/01/16/398586/s1200_max_IMG_4221_299592.jpg[/img]

I used to not like the black and blue, but with the red plates those bikes look badass
1/17/2020 2:05am
ledger wrote:
The Monster logo on black has ran it's coarse for a long, long time and has become stale IMHO. With all the other flavor's/ colors that...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No. Monster's corporate colors are black and green and that's what represents the brand. As the title sponsor they require the teams to run those specific...
No. Monster's corporate colors are black and green and that's what represents the brand. As the title sponsor they require the teams to run those specific colors.

Whilst I understand that, it would be good if they ran the green claw on Kawis, the blue 'zero sugar' claw on Yamahas and so on...

Hell, Monster could sponsor every brand, putting a different 'flavour' drink claw on each bike.

Another idea- they could use the Monster sponsored bikes to advertise a different flavour drink at each round. Different rounds, different flavours, different colour ways on the graphics, bit like Nascar.

ledger
1/17/2020 2:37am
ledger wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No. Monster's corporate colors are black and green and that's what represents the brand. As the title sponsor they require the teams to run those specific...

Whilst I understand that, it would be good if they ran the green claw on Kawis, the blue 'zero sugar' claw on Yamahas and so on...

Hell, Monster could sponsor every brand, putting a different 'flavour' drink claw on each bike.

Another idea- they could use the Monster sponsored bikes to advertise a different flavour drink at each round. Different rounds, different flavours, different colour ways on the graphics, bit like Nascar.

Bingo ! I picked up a can of Absolute Zero today and Monster has changed the look of the can to a lighter shade of blue with a silver M...I instantly thought how well the new colors would look on the Yamaha's. Monster has nothing to lose by trying something different.

motomike137
1/17/2020 4:41am
Markus422 wrote:
At the end of the SML How Was Your Weekend (Post A1) video I noticed Barcia mentioned something along the lines of the bikes being the...
At the end of the SML How Was Your Weekend (Post A1) video I noticed Barcia mentioned something along the lines of the bikes being the best it's been since his factory Honda days (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZoD-xOSZk @ 10:50). As a fan, it's obviously cool having these little pieces of insight but I'm wondering how/if Yamaha is ok with him making that statement? Justin basically said it took them years for him to make the Yamaha what the Honda was a couple of years back when he was riding it and I was just slightly shocked he could be that transparent.
Sounds like just an honest assessment from a guy who would know. Yamaha and the whole world has known that the bike handled wonky when they radically changed it in 2010. It sounds like they have tuned it darn near back to how it steered before the reverse engine. Probably still not quite a Zook or Honda in razor sharpness but much improved. It sure looks like Justin is happy with it Smile
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
1/17/2020 4:42am
I like monster. It gives me the hit to be successful every morning. It’s got B vitamins as well
I use it on my garden. It’s got what plants crave
kb228
1/17/2020 4:53am
Here's my photoshop version of what I believe the blue factory bike should look like. Take note Yamaha, these are some nice graphics. Pick your favorite...

Youre dreaming if you think AC is leaving kawi. Hes career green like rv
Mr. Afterbar
1/17/2020 5:32am
cablecable wrote:
i thought no one was allowed to polish the frame due to grinding it down to change flex etc, thought there was some bitching a few...
Timo_2824 wrote:
Pretty sure factory teams don't run frames long enough to worry about polishing the frames away.
I don't think you comprehend. A polished frame could be a sign that material was removed to change the handling characteristics of the frame, which is forbidden.
NewOldSchool
1/17/2020 5:39am
I like monster. It gives me the hit to be successful every morning. It’s got B vitamins as well
Zacka 161 wrote:
I use it on my garden. It’s got what plants crave
Life is slowly beginning to imitate that movie!
theesloth
1/17/2020 6:02am
Black and blue with blue wheels is the best looking bike in the pits
1/17/2020 6:29am
cablecable wrote:
Timo_2824 wrote:
I don't think you comprehend. A polished frame could be a sign that material was removed to change the handling characteristics of the frame, which is...
I don't think you comprehend. A polished frame could be a sign that material was removed to change the handling characteristics of the frame, which is forbidden.
REALLY? I mean, REALLY REALLY? I don't buy that for a second.

How is it measured?

YAM TECH: "This bike we polished at 'x' lbs force for 5 minutes with 'x' grade compound. It handles noticeably different to this second bike which we polished at 'x' lbs force for 15 minutes with 'x' grade compound."

What a load of bollox!

Its more likely that factory teams would be having frames made with different thickness material on the frame rails if they wanted to cheat. (I assume a protest wouldn't result in a frame being cut open to measure wall thickness??)

*Im not saying anyone is doing this BTW..*
RonJon
1/17/2020 6:51am
ML512 wrote:
Monster is funding more of the operation than Yamaha is at this point so they will retain main signage that much outweighs the Yamaha logos. And...
ledger wrote:
Don't be surprised if you see some Reign Energy (owned by Hansen) sponsored riders soon.
1/17/2020 7:14am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2020 7:38am
Timo_2824 wrote:
I don't think you comprehend. A polished frame could be a sign that material was removed to change the handling characteristics of the frame, which is...
REALLY? I mean, REALLY REALLY? I don't buy that for a second. How is it measured? YAM TECH: "This bike we polished at 'x' lbs force...
REALLY? I mean, REALLY REALLY? I don't buy that for a second.

How is it measured?

YAM TECH: "This bike we polished at 'x' lbs force for 5 minutes with 'x' grade compound. It handles noticeably different to this second bike which we polished at 'x' lbs force for 15 minutes with 'x' grade compound."

What a load of bollox!

Its more likely that factory teams would be having frames made with different thickness material on the frame rails if they wanted to cheat. (I assume a protest wouldn't result in a frame being cut open to measure wall thickness??)

*Im not saying anyone is doing this BTW..*
Not to mention, I don't really see how a mirror polish is particularly advantageous in hiding modifications over any other type of finish: Painted, powder coated, ball-burnished, brushed, raw milled, sandblasted, steel-wooled, anodized, whatever... they all could have material removed in the same way as a mirror polish

Post a reply to: Barcia bike comment

The Latest