Barcia and Matthes

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2018 7:30 AM

I thought it was pretty cool that Barcia did his post race interview. He really seems to have turned a corner. I’m not a fan of Barcia after his questionable moves throughout his career but I’m really happy for him. It’s great to have another guy in the mix that can win and would be and awesome story if he can win this title starting the year as a privateer. Good on 51 and I’m looking forward to hearing him on the pulp show soon.

|

1/29/2018 7:58 AM

It takes awhile for some kids to grow up. Nice to see he has made the grade and I hope he is able to keep up the great results. Biggest surprise of the season for me

|

1/29/2018 8:02 AM

He really seems to be in a different state of mind this year. It kinda proves Matthes' point that he always rants about that pro riders are like delicate little flowers and it's all mental. But I really believe Steve is happy for Justin, and I think Justin is the first to admit that part of his issues from years past were in his mind, with his outlook on things.

|

1/29/2018 8:06 AM

I'm happy for him. I'm really hoping for a Barcia vs Anderson battle for the championship til the end.

|

1/29/2018 8:46 AM

Glad to see that Barcia has humbled himself and see that he created the enemies and it was not the other way around. I'm rooting for the guy right now because it would be unprecedented to see a rider without a ride until the last minute come out and win the title.

|

1/29/2018 8:47 AM

The story that keeps getting lost here is that he came into SX hurt the last three years. That will not help your attitude much. I am stoked seeing Justin do so well and I hope he wins at least once and podiums the series. I'd like to hear him on pulp after the series is over.

|

1/29/2018 8:59 AM

Winning or not. I was glad to see Barcia get a chance on the factory Yamaha team. People can argue it's not the same bike he had at JGR. I still think a less extensively modified bike from stock is best for most of these riders. All of the tweaks and changes the factory can make massaging the bike. I don't care what technology any other team has outside the motorcycle industry. Hard to bet against the Oem. They just need good testing data. A rider of Barcia's skill and fitness just needs to race forward and no bumper car antics. Hope he wins some races and finishes top 3 for the season indoors and out.

|

1/29/2018 9:05 AM

Photo

|

2020 Make Leftists Cry Again

1/29/2018 9:18 AM

little off topic but does anybody know the pulp mx email?

|

1/29/2018 9:20 AM

Jharper wrote: Photo

nice

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

1/29/2018 1:37 PM

It’s nice to see him back up front, he was an amazing talent on a little bike and has not showed his full potential since on a 450. Like him or not our sport needs good healthy athletes to keep things exciting! Keep it up Bam Bam

|

1/29/2018 1:59 PM

motomike137 wrote:

The story that keeps getting lost here is that he came into SX hurt the last three years. That will not help your attitude much. I am stoked seeing Justin do so well and I hope he wins at least once and podiums the series. I'd like to hear him on pulp after the series is over.

Yep he's had a fuckin pretty bad run with shitty little injuries...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/30/2018 6:19 AM

A month ago everybody was hatin on the kid

|

1/30/2018 6:25 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Lol isn't that the truth. Now everyone loves him because he is doing good

|

1/30/2018 6:50 AM

Barcia IMHO is looking very fast and solid and something is different this time around, he will win a main soon. He looks like he can maintain this speed with confidence and doesn't project that feeling of screwing up on the track.

|

1/31/2018 8:00 AM

Just got to listen to the podcast. This is the Justin I always felt was in there. To me he always came off as a die hard racer at heart and obviously let his emotions get the best of him but that is something I respect for better or worse. Props to Bam Bam, I hope he continues to run at the sharp end of the field! If Yamaha doesn't retain him they are insane.

|

1/31/2018 9:59 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

That's because most people are oblivious to what it would be like to be in the racer's shoes. If they had the slightest clue how difficult it is, they'd show a little respect when a guy is down on his luck. Can't understand people talking shit about racer's.

|

1/31/2018 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 10:27 AM

On a different note, what happened between Blair And Matthes? He was on the pulp show just a month ago and now Steve’s always playfully taking jabs at him? can’t tell if he’s just messing around or not.

Ya Barcia seems like a cooler person and has probably gained quite a few new fans this year

|

1/31/2018 10:28 AM

MotoMo165 wrote:

On a different note, what happened between Blair And Matthes? He was on the pulp show just a month ago and now Steve’s always playfully taking jabs at him? can’t tell if he’s just messing around or not.

Ya Barcia seems like a cooler person and has probably gained quite a few new fans this year

He is messing around.

|

1/31/2018 10:30 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

brapgod69 wrote:

Lol isn't that the truth. Now everyone loves him because he is doing good

And as soon as he makes an aggressive or old bam bam move..they'll bash him again.

I always liked EVERY part of his riding. Wasn bummed he was oft injured and kept him back from results though.

|

1/31/2018 10:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 10:37 AM

Think I warmed back up to liking him again , wasn't just because of his riding ( which part of it is , because he's riding guys clean )....but the biggest part , his attitude. People / fans of riders can change their view when a guy becomes humble , instead of a prick. I'm all for it and hope that dude has a strong season!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/31/2018 10:40 AM

Wells423 wrote:

I thought it was pretty cool that Barcia did his post race interview. He really seems to have turned a corner. I’m not a fan of Barcia after his questionable moves throughout his career but I’m really happy for him. It’s great to have another guy in the mix that can win and would be and awesome story if he can win this title starting the year as a privateer. Good on 51 and I’m looking forward to hearing him on the pulp show soon.

With his change in performance AND attitude....if you're a fan of motocross, how could you NOT be a fan of Barcia's?!

|

1/31/2018 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 11:48 AM

MotoMo165 wrote:

The teasing centers around the post race press conferences, which as currently-constructed, are on Matthes's shit list.

|

1/31/2018 11:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 11:46 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

That's because most people are oblivious to what it would be like to be in the racer's shoes. If they had the slightest clue how difficult it is, they'd show a little respect when a guy is down on his luck. Can't understand people talking shit about racer's.

Yep
He didn’t forget how to ride, he was hurting.

|

1/31/2018 11:49 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Yep

Everyone out there is hurting.

|

1/31/2018 11:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 11:52 AM

Squirrelings wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Yep

Dirty Points wrote:

Tru, MooseCan and Tomac didn’t ride to good hurting also. Bar is getting landed on hurt his back and this year he was complaining about lower back pains. It’s easier to ride with a shoulder or foot than it is with a back problem.

Cooper Webb is saying his ankle is hurting pretty bad.....

Wilson is hurting also.....

|

1/31/2018 11:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 12:18 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Yep

Dirty Points wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Tru, MooseCan and Tomac didn’t ride to good hurting also. Bar is getting landed on hurt his back and this year he was complaining about lower back pains. It’s easier to ride with a shoulder or foot than it is with a back problem.

Cooper Webb is saying his ankle is hurting pretty bad.....

Wilson is hurting also.....

Exactly

Everyone is beat up. Tomac's shoulders are all Tomac'd. Marv's entire career has been defined by injury, Baggett's thumb is falling off. Kenny's arm was reconstructed from bits they found in the Safeway butcher aisle. Anderson plows in the ground more often than the Dirt Wurx crew. Bogle is knocked stupid. Reed and Grant share one set of ankles between them, trading each race. Wilson's entire joint system has been rebuilt by the creator of Gumby.

Barcia being periodically injured the last few years doesn't single his results out in any way. Everyone has been hurt. Barcia sacking up and putting in great results after a couple of mid-pack seasons is what makes his season unique. Everyone does not do that.

|

1/31/2018 12:16 PM

Maybe he could mentor J-law

|

1/31/2018 12:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2018 12:27 PM

He dun growed up...I recon.
Photo

|

Name withheld... Esquire