Barcia T-bone hit on Roczen

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2021 10:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2021 10:17 PM

Hope Barcia is ok from getting freezied, but that hit on KR94 could have been way worse.

Barcia T-bone hit on Roczen??

View Results

|

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

2/6/2021 10:17 PM

It’s the exact reason he won’t get the big titles. Makes too many dumb decisions.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/6/2021 10:18 PM

Bam bam was definitely going for the kill. Roczen cut down halfway through the corner making it look a lot worse though

|

2/6/2021 11:00 PM

Should have listed option C above: 51 is an idiot.

Kenny cut down to counter Barcia's stupid move. Bad angle, bad idea, and wasnt close enough to execute a semi clean pass anyhow.

This same bone head mentality is why Barcia got tangled with Friese. 51 forced it into a tight space, and paid the price.

|

2/6/2021 11:01 PM

"I don't know what's wrong with him, he almost killed us both on the triple. He's just not the brightest light in the room, I have to say".

|

2/6/2021 11:17 PM

When I first saw it I thought it was an absolutely fucken ridiculous move, then saw the replay and changed my mind to thinking it was just a ridiculous move.. It did look like Kenny cut down more than he thought he was going to but it was never gonna come off!
It was probably designed to be more of a warning to get in Kenny's head.. I'd say it still did that haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

2/6/2021 11:33 PM

If Kenny doesn't cut down, barcia shows a wheel and all is sweet. You could see him hit the anchors once he realised Kenny was cutting down.

Pure racing incident that the nuffy brigade will jump up and down about.

|

2/6/2021 11:52 PM

Ambitious block pass attempt by Barcia and a lack of situational awareness by Roczen

Legit.

|

2/7/2021 12:02 AM

Ken squared up the corner and made it look worse than it was. It was ambitious though

|

2/7/2021 12:47 AM

fanger wrote:

If Kenny doesn't cut down, barcia shows a wheel and all is sweet. You could see him hit the anchors once he realised Kenny was cutting down.

Pure racing incident that the nuffy brigade will jump up and down about.

Someone else noticed Barcia's bike stand up (braking) when he realized Ken had changed lines. It wasn't the smartest move but the contact didn't seem intentional. I think if Justin watches the video he'll see he was faster in some sections and probably should have been more patient.

|

2/7/2021 12:49 AM

Haven't seen the replay yet, but did Kenny actually cut down? He was deep to the left, I'm sure the he'd have just been in a rut right?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/7/2021 12:49 AM

Yeah, not intentional at all, but still dumb.

|

2/7/2021 1:13 AM

Crush wrote:

It’s the exact reason he won’t get the big titles. Makes too many dumb decisions.

I will say it again. Barcia just does not have a title mindset. To win titles, you have to move forward, get podiums and wins WITHOUT TAKING BIG RISKS. Barcia simply does not know how to do that. KR said it years ago. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer....

|

2/7/2021 1:21 AM

Crush wrote:

Haven't seen the replay yet, but did Kenny actually cut down? He was deep to the left, I'm sure the he'd have just been in a rut right?

Yeah he did. They showed a replay from an other angle that confirmed it. Much more of an racing incident than what i thought when i saw it live the first time.

|

2/7/2021 1:44 AM

You have to watch Barcia‘s line not Roczen‘s.Barcia rode straight to the corner to t-bone Roczen.Barcia had another brainfart,nothing else to see here.

|

2/7/2021 2:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2021 2:11 AM

In the moment, at race pace, it did look like a bonehead move by Barcia. But watching it back, not so much.
Barcia dove in to show a wheel, Roczen cut down, Barcia did all he could to lessen the impact.
Not much in it really. 9 times out of 10 these moves look dramatic, apply a bit of pressure to the guy in front but also tend to make the aggressor lose some ground.
Watch some old RC- Reed - Stew races and you’ll see it nearly every round.
This one could have gone bad, but didn’t, move along.

|

2/7/2021 2:12 AM

Crush wrote:

StartedTooLate wrote:

I will say it again. Barcia just does not have a title mindset. To win titles, you have to move forward, get podiums and wins WITHOUT TAKING BIG RISKS. Barcia simply does not know how to do that. KR said it years ago. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer....

To win titles you have to race and take risks.

|

2/7/2021 2:15 AM

Saying Kenny cut down is ridiculous. I mean yeah he did, but Barcia was no where in the vicinity coming in to that corner. There was no point for 51 to dive bomb that corner.

|

2/7/2021 2:19 AM

My heart stopped for a moment, but man, Barcia makes the races so much better! Feld should pay him extra. As long as nobody goes down, I‘m cool with everything.

|

2/7/2021 2:22 AM

Stupid moron rides like a stupid moron. Any of you saying that move was anything other than a desperate idiotic move by the dirtiest rider in SX don’t race much, that’s obvious.

|

Roczen slander bloodhound...

2/7/2021 2:24 AM

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

Saying Kenny cut down is ridiculous. I mean yeah he did, but Barcia was no where in the vicinity coming in to that corner. There was no point for 51 to dive bomb that corner.

That’s like saying there was no reason for KR to have cut down the corner with the entire field so close.

|

2/7/2021 2:28 AM

Bjorn645 wrote:

Stupid moron rides like a stupid moron. Any of you saying that move was anything other than a desperate idiotic move by the dirtiest rider in SX don’t race much, that’s obvious.

If only Barcia would do it your way, right?

|

2/7/2021 2:35 AM

I was quite scared for Roczen's knee or ankle. It could have been bad and even ended his season.

But I am also bummed that Barcia crashed later, he is riding very well this year otherwise.

|

2/7/2021 3:30 AM

Crush wrote:

StartedTooLate wrote:

He races for fun on the Gas Gas not titles.

|

2/7/2021 4:47 AM

Crush wrote:

StartedTooLate wrote:

Hey man, can you list your titles for us?

|

2/7/2021 5:35 AM

Reminded me a little bit of the dungey/Stewart situation. With that being said, could've been way worse

|

2/7/2021 5:37 AM

Bjorn645 wrote:

😂Shut up Bjorn.

|

2/7/2021 5:41 AM

T bone lol. I don’t think that was a T bone. Yeah Barcia came in hot. Ken cut down a bit. They both stayed up and rode on. I hate the way Barcia rides, but I’m not biased enough to see he just made a mistake.

|

2/7/2021 5:46 AM

It was aggressive but I don’t think Barcia actually intended it to be that aggressive, misjudgement on his part I think more than anything, thankfully it didn’t affect the race

|

2/7/2021 5:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2021 6:06 AM

How about the move on the start? Tried to push Ken wide, almost took his front wheel out and almost took out AC and himself in the process

|