Barcia: "I took a lot less money to ride this yellow bike"

twotwosix
I knew the team took a hit to get on Suzuki, but guess it never clicked that Barcia's contract was through Yamaha and he had to take a hit and sign a new one year deal too. Excited to see some progress out of these guys in '17.

@RacerX: First blush, when you got on the Suzuki, did you know you were on something good?

"Oh yeah! For sure. I mean, I was definitely looking for a change. The team, they were kind of up in the air with what they were going to do in 2017 and with what stuff. For me, when it all came about, I was super excited. It’s a great opportunity for me and it’s a great opportunity for the team. I think it’s definitely going to be good. I had to get a new contract since the team changed bike brands, so I just re-signed a one-year contract so everything is pretty open right now for everyone, but I think I can go out there and show what I’ve got. I know I have good speed and stuff and now I feel real comfortable on the bike, so I’m excited to go out there and show everyone what I can do."

Word within the racing community was you wanted off the Yamaha. Thoughts?

"I definitely had a lot of issues with the Yamaha, for sure. I just had a lot of bike issues and I was just ready for a change. From the beginning, it never really went the way it should have and everyone at JGR worked extremely hard to make it right, but when the day is done, I think everyone was ready for a fresh start. They had been on Yamahas for nine years. Now, I think everyone seems more rejuvenated and refreshed to go out there and do something on a new bike. I know it was a big change for the team to do this and they took a lot less money. Same for me. I took a lot less money to ride this yellow bike, so I think I have to go out there and show them what I’ve got."

http://racerxonline.com/2016/12/19/monday-conversation-justin-barcia

|
davistld01
12/19/2016 8:32am
Sounds like he's happy with the changes, and the bike. That, and being injury-free...we might see Justin contend for some podium space this season.
MXMattii
12/19/2016 8:33am
He told me in Bercy that his previous contract was a joint venture between JGR and Yamaha and that he got big bucks and now he got a one year deal with JGR with for a lot less.
12/19/2016 9:00am
Has anyone really done well on the YZ450F? I know Stew won a championship on one but I always thought he won that on talent alone.

Hopefully Justin can really get the RMZ dialed in and get back to running up front. Its also interesting that JGR will surly be developing lots of parts, R&D etc for the supposed new 2018 RMZ..unless its the same thing like always.

The Shop

JWACK
12/19/2016 9:03am
Whelp. Barcia burned that Yamaha bridge down.
jj welks
12/19/2016 9:05am
que the uninformed shit piling on Barcia
12/19/2016 9:05am
JWACK wrote:
Whelp. Barcia burned that Yamaha bridge down.
...With his performance on the bike.
12/19/2016 9:14am
This is not good. Less money is less baller.
I heard he is trading the Audi for a Subaru STI.....the humanity....
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
12/19/2016 9:16am
I heard he is trading the Audi for a Subaru STI.....the humanity....
I just test drove a WRX Sti and that thing is no joke.
twotwosix
12/19/2016 9:20am
Lol I would imagine he went from 2014ish Roczen money down Anderson money. He'll be fine Wink
12/19/2016 9:21am
this guy has the ability to win or at least challenge the front runners.

i always remember when he stepped up to the 450 class on a Honda for a couple of races

2011 in unidilla with two 3rd place finishes, a win in sandwick and a 4th place at steel city has to show that he does have the ability if hes comfortable. and i think a lot of people forget about them races.
12/19/2016 9:24am
avidchimp wrote:
Your Baller Card™ has been automatically revoked..
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
12/19/2016 9:29am
I never had a "Baller Card", but whatever, that's just like your opinion, Man.
12/19/2016 9:31am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2016 9:37am
avidchimp wrote:
I never had a "Baller Card", but whatever, that's just like your opinion, Man.
No, really. Read the terms and conditions.

The Baller Card™ is automatically issued when shopping for cars factory-equipped with unnecessary rear wings, and revoked when it turns out it's actually a Subaru.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
12/19/2016 9:38am
No, really. Read the terms and conditions. The Baller Card™ is automatically issued when shopping for cars factory-equipped with unnecessary rear wings, and revoked when it...

The Baller Card™ is automatically issued when shopping for cars factory-equipped with unnecessary rear wings, and revoked when it turns out it's actually a Subaru.
When you have a second house in the mountains, a Subaru is a good choice. Oh, you can get the Sti without that wing FYI.

Back to Barcia, I can't wait to see how he goes on the SUZSUKI.
12/19/2016 9:40am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2016 9:40am
No, really. Read the terms and conditions. The Baller Card™ is automatically issued when shopping for cars factory-equipped with unnecessary rear wings, and revoked when it...

avidchimp wrote:
When you have a second house in the mountains, a Subaru is a good choice. Oh, you can get the Sti without that wing FYI. Back...
When you have a second house in the mountains, a Subaru is a good choice. Oh, you can get the Sti without that wing FYI.

Back to Barcia, I can't wait to see how he goes on the SUZSUKI.
You're doing it wrong. A helipad on the mountain home is the correct answer.
12/19/2016 9:40am
Has anyone really done well on the YZ450F? I know Stew won a championship on one but I always thought he won that on talent alone...
Has anyone really done well on the YZ450F? I know Stew won a championship on one but I always thought he won that on talent alone.

Hopefully Justin can really get the RMZ dialed in and get back to running up front. Its also interesting that JGR will surly be developing lots of parts, R&D etc for the supposed new 2018 RMZ..unless its the same thing like always.
Romain Febvre and Stefan Everts, to name a few.
12/19/2016 9:46am
Has anyone really done well on the YZ450F? I know Stew won a championship on one but I always thought he won that on talent alone...

Sheriff245 wrote:
Romain Febvre and Stefan Everts, to name a few.
But more applicable to Justin's situation, who has done significantly better after switching off the blue bike?
c0ncEpT
12/19/2016 9:47am
Nothing will change. He was racing with Dungey for wins at the end of 2015 on the same bike he could barely crack top 5 with on 2016. Its the rider not the machine.
motomike137
12/19/2016 10:02am
c0ncEpT wrote:
Nothing will change. He was racing with Dungey for wins at the end of 2015 on the same bike he could barely crack top 5 with...
Nothing will change. He was racing with Dungey for wins at the end of 2015 on the same bike he could barely crack top 5 with on 2016. Its the rider not the machine.
He did seem to come out of his shell toward the end of the Nationals. Hopefully he is staying off of his mountain bike! I think he has it in him to win some races along with a few other guys beside the big "3".
moscrop940
12/19/2016 10:02am
Not a big fan of Barcia's, haven't been since him and I got into a shoving match at Lake Whitney 12-13 years ago.
I've watched countless videos of him flipping people off, taking people out and getting in people's face only to turn and run when it's time to throw down.

HOWEVER

Since he has had less success over the past few years I have seen what looks like a change in the guys attitude. Granted the "baller battle" was one of the most idiotic things I've read, I still think having his ass handed to him the past 18 months is making him a bit humble, which is one trait he has lacked over the years.

Am I showing up to A1 with a JB51 T-shirt? No. But I do hope he continues to become more humble and has a solid year on that Suzuki.

Just my thoughts.
tprice07
12/19/2016 10:06am
So there is a chance that Roczen's agent made more money off the Honda deal than Barcia makes from his actual contract?
12/19/2016 10:10am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2016 10:11am
avidchimp wrote:
Your Baller Card™ has been automatically revoked..
Haters gonna Hate... I love my STI aka poor mans Porsche... I bought this one with 24,000 miles for $25k last summer. I am partial to the wagons(no annoying spoilers). Running my STI until Subaru finally gets around to producing a 5 door again. I live in the mountains and don't see too many high dollar Audi's and never any Porsche's zipping around in the snow. Throw a set of Blizzaks on that thing and it's just about unstoppable..

mxb2
12/19/2016 10:15am

I heard engine,plastic changes, and spring forks for 2018 rmz.
12/19/2016 10:17am
Haters gonna Hate... I love my STI aka poor mans Porsche... I bought this one with 24,000 miles for $25k last summer. I am partial to...
Haters gonna Hate... I love my STI aka poor mans Porsche... I bought this one with 24,000 miles for $25k last summer. I am partial to the wagons(no annoying spoilers). Running my STI until Subaru finally gets around to producing a 5 door again. I live in the mountains and don't see too many high dollar Audi's and never any Porsche's zipping around in the snow. Throw a set of Blizzaks on that thing and it's just about unstoppable..

LOL @ Hater. I don't even want a rich man's Porsche, whatever that is.

I've owned three Soobs. But they took away my Baller Card™ way back when I got a Trail 90.
sandman768
12/19/2016 10:18am
I give him credit, he could have stomped his feet & demanded factory Yamaha take him in...but he stuck with JGR. states he is taking less money on a 1 yr contract, sounds like very good incentive to prove yourself....
12/19/2016 10:33am
Marc_Honda wrote:
this guy has the ability to win or at least challenge the front runners. i always remember when he stepped up to the 450 class on...
this guy has the ability to win or at least challenge the front runners.

i always remember when he stepped up to the 450 class on a Honda for a couple of races

2011 in unidilla with two 3rd place finishes, a win in sandwick and a 4th place at steel city has to show that he does have the ability if hes comfortable. and i think a lot of people forget about them races.
Yeah if he could ride that bike in 2012 he would be a serious contender.

Post a reply to: Barcia: "I took a lot less money to ride this yellow bike"

The Latest