Barcia Helmet Cam @ Southwick

sdfog1
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 11:27pm
Not sure if it has been posted, but here is a Barcia helmet cam video at southwick, courtesy of mxptv. 7 minutes and 41 seconds of WFO-ness

http://www.mxptv.com/2010/08/video-mxptv-helmet-cam-justin-barcia-south…
|
bents
Fantasy
909th
8/19/2010 9:22pm
Saw it, and all I could think of was how expensive it must be to keep that guy on practice bikes. I was thinking that the poor bike was going to detonate at any second! Kaboom! There goes 3K!
Yaya
Fantasy
2551st
8/19/2010 9:24pm
bents wrote:
Saw it, and all I could think of was how expensive it must be to keep that guy on practice bikes. I was thinking that the...
Saw it, and all I could think of was how expensive it must be to keep that guy on practice bikes. I was thinking that the poor bike was going to detonate at any second! Kaboom! There goes 3K!
Ah the beauty of not having to worry about it. Wish I could say that for the rest of us mere mortals!
chrisbuehler
8/20/2010 1:13pm
You know most helmet cams don't seem to translate speed-wise but having ridden that track, he was ripping! Must have been early, track looked like a freeway. Differant story come race day.
bents
Fantasy
909th
8/20/2010 1:23pm
A wide open 125 sounds WAY better than a 250F hitting the rev limiter with the valves floating. Nothing beat a 125 at top sing-RC, Lamson, Reynard-just pinned everywhere. I remember seeing them at Millville. Awesome stuff.

The Shop

Matt Wozney
8/20/2010 1:30pm
You know most helmet cams don't seem to translate speed-wise but having ridden that track, he was ripping! Must have been early, track looked like a...
You know most helmet cams don't seem to translate speed-wise but having ridden that track, he was ripping! Must have been early, track looked like a freeway. Differant story come race day.
This video was done in the middle of the day.
I should have done his last time out at the last session of the day. That was the roughest I've ever seen the track and Justin was just plain killing it. All the riders talked about how rough the track was and the track told us that they didn't groom the track since their last race (or last weekend I believe). The track was definitely not a freeway though!
8/20/2010 1:38pm
put that cam on him Race day Woz so we can get a glimpse of how fast Pourcel and Wilson are from behind!!!! (till they check out atleast)Wink
Outsider
8/20/2010 1:51pm
I got arm pump midway through... had to hit pause.
7GP
8/20/2010 2:33pm
Please upload that video to youtube! I can't ever get any of the videos on your site to work...
wreckitrandy
8/20/2010 3:00pm
Outsider wrote:
I got arm pump midway through... had to hit pause.
I took a headache about the same time and turned the volume down.
chrisbuehler
8/20/2010 4:34pm
You know most helmet cams don't seem to translate speed-wise but having ridden that track, he was ripping! Must have been early, track looked like a...
This video was done in the middle of the day. I should have done his last time out at the last session of the day. That...
This video was done in the middle of the day.
I should have done his last time out at the last session of the day. That was the roughest I've ever seen the track and Justin was just plain killing it. All the riders talked about how rough the track was and the track told us that they didn't groom the track since their last race (or last weekend I believe). The track was definitely not a freeway though!
No shit?! Thats's what always blows me away about helmet cams. Don't get me wrong, I love them but something gets lost in translation. Guess I thoguht it was smooth because he was going so effin fast! The straight after the finish line and the next couple corners is just wfo hold on and pray zone
Jake-247
8/20/2010 5:12pm
7GP wrote:
Please upload that video to youtube! I can't ever get any of the videos on your site to work...
Its already on there champ, here is the link for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfuWkSthtXM
Law 131
8/20/2010 6:10pm
That is the best view there is of the race. I'd watch the whole race from a helmet cam with ambient sound. No commentators.

I would love to see MX Sports require helmet cams on the top 20 guys.

I wonder if MX Sports would sell me the helmet cam broadcast rights for
the Nationals?

It's the next gold mine.
DrSweden
8/20/2010 7:08pm
The kid is flying, but I get annoyed about the stupid over rew thing since other riders like CP and Canard seems to put in next gear and maybe as a consequence manage to increase speed?
chrisbuehler
8/20/2010 7:10pm
DrSweden wrote:
The kid is flying, but I get annoyed about the stupid over rew thing since other riders like CP and Canard seems to put in next...
The kid is flying, but I get annoyed about the stupid over rew thing since other riders like CP and Canard seems to put in next gear and maybe as a consequence manage to increase speed?
See you at Southwick Doc?
Just_Wishing
8/20/2010 7:26pm
sdfog1 wrote:
Not sure if it has been posted, but here is a Barcia helmet cam video at southwick, courtesy of mxptv. 7 minutes and 41 seconds of...
Not sure if it has been posted, but here is a Barcia helmet cam video at southwick, courtesy of mxptv. 7 minutes and 41 seconds of WFO-ness

http://www.mxptv.com/2010/08/video-mxptv-helmet-cam-justin-barcia-south…
Man, I love to watch Barcia FLY but I hate to....

Listen to that Goddam 4-Stroke!

Sounds like my Grandma's bike back in the early 80's. FART FART FART FART FART FART

Not trying to start another (ANOTHER!!) 4 t vs 2 t post, I just get really disgusted by the SOUND OF THAT UGLY ASS SOUNDING BIKE! Man, that thing sounds UGLY!@!
chrisbuehler
8/20/2010 7:30pm
I didn't think he was overreving all that much considering it's Southwick. He knows how to rip there. Notice him keeping to the edges of the track where the sand is white, no bumps
level
8/20/2010 8:56pm
Great helmet cam video. Just pure riding. Love it.
Camp332
8/20/2010 9:10pm
Man, I love to watch Barcia FLY but I hate to.... Listen to that Goddam 4-Stroke! Sounds like my Grandma's bike back in the early 80's...
Man, I love to watch Barcia FLY but I hate to....

Listen to that Goddam 4-Stroke!

Sounds like my Grandma's bike back in the early 80's. FART FART FART FART FART FART

Not trying to start another (ANOTHER!!) 4 t vs 2 t post, I just get really disgusted by the SOUND OF THAT UGLY ASS SOUNDING BIKE! Man, that thing sounds UGLY!@!
You talk too much. Zip it!
Ddavis
8/20/2010 11:16pm
DrSweden wrote:
The kid is flying, but I get annoyed about the stupid over rew thing since other riders like CP and Canard seems to put in next...
I was watching it thinking "WOW! If justin clicked up to 3rd he would be OUTTA THERE so much faster instead of going BRIIIIIIIIAP for 30 feet where he could just click up and flow out of there"

Riding in low gears at southwick that much will also make you hit every bump rather then being a gear higher, carrying your momentum, and flowing over the holes.
wow123
8/20/2010 11:28pm
great vid shame about the sound
8/20/2010 11:29pm
All you guy's know all about Southwick, Pourcel and Canard..... yet Barcia is the guy who never lost out there in his pro career.

He will be a factor up front no matter what gear he rides in or RPM's he let's it sing in.

Enjoy the racing on the internet and TV
NoGo
8/20/2010 11:31pm
All you guy's know all about Southwick, Pourcel and Canard..... yet Barcia is the guy who never lost out there in his pro career. He will...
All you guy's know all about Southwick, Pourcel and Canard..... yet Barcia is the guy who never lost out there in his pro career.

He will be a factor up front no matter what gear he rides in or RPM's he let's it sing in.

Enjoy the racing on the internet and TV
He won one out of the two pro motos hes raced there.
Ddavis
8/21/2010 12:41am
NoGo wrote:
And didn't RD and Pourcel fall in the first turn in the moto that he won?

I do remember him being forced to re-pass Dungey for the O/A, tho.
chrisbuehler
8/21/2010 3:45am
NoGo wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
And didn't RD and Pourcel fall in the first turn in the moto that he won? I do remember him being forced to re-pass Dungey for...
And didn't RD and Pourcel fall in the first turn in the moto that he won?

I do remember him being forced to re-pass Dungey for the O/A, tho.
Ever ridden Southwick Devin?
jleews6
8/21/2010 4:40am
He looks fast and it looks like he can pick lines but it also looks like at the end Blake Warton might have been catching him.
I would love to see Warton get a win this weekend.
SMITH201
8/21/2010 5:06am
Whoa! That just goes to show you how insane the pro ranks are! On race day you have to tack on another 25 min of going that pace!!!!!! Shocked
davis224
Fantasy
138th
8/21/2010 5:18am
DrSweden wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
I was watching it thinking "WOW! If justin clicked up to 3rd he would be OUTTA THERE so much faster instead of going BRIIIIIIIIAP for 30...
I was watching it thinking "WOW! If justin clicked up to 3rd he would be OUTTA THERE so much faster instead of going BRIIIIIIIIAP for 30 feet where he could just click up and flow out of there"

Riding in low gears at southwick that much will also make you hit every bump rather then being a gear higher, carrying your momentum, and flowing over the holes.
aaaaaand there you go trying to give Justin Barcia a riding lesson.
Huckster
8/21/2010 5:57am
A question to all you backyard expert mechanics. How may mechanical DNF's has Justin Barcia had sinced he turned pro on the FC team?
SMITH201
8/21/2010 6:11am
DrSweden wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
I was watching it thinking "WOW! If justin clicked up to 3rd he would be OUTTA THERE so much faster instead of going BRIIIIIIIIAP for 30...

davis224 wrote:
aaaaaand there you go trying to give Justin Barcia a riding lesson.
No shit! WTF? So you are telling Barica how to ride at Southwick when what he does seemed to have worked for him last year when he won there Dizzy

Maybe you should go to Southwick over the coarse of this week and hold a riding school for the pros!
sean
8/21/2010 6:23am
The 450 and he should do well together.

Post a reply to: Barcia Helmet Cam @ Southwick

The Latest