Barcia & AP injuries and MXoN

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2021 2:23 PM

What is the likely team USA now? How about Martin’s new deal with Star, does that bring him in the picture?

|

8/15/2021 2:26 PM

From everything that has been reported AP was never going and no Star riders are going so Martin’s out as well.

|

8/15/2021 2:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2021 2:40 PM

No Star riders. No Kawi riders. Barcia should be healed up by then.

|

8/15/2021 3:03 PM

My guess? Sexton, Barcia, and RJ

|

8/15/2021 3:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2021 3:28 PM

Put Webb on a 250 with Barcia and Sexton on the 450. I think RJ is too crash prone.

|

8/15/2021 3:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2021 3:33 PM

Suicidal_Tendencies wrote:

Put Webb on a 250 with Barcia and Sexton on the 450. I think RJ is too crash prone.

If anything put sexton on the 250. He was on a Honda in 250s and is only 2 years into the 450. Webb never ride a ktm 250 and has been on 450 for something like 4 years now

Rj will be fine

|

8/15/2021 3:59 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

That's going to be a maximum effort team for USA and regardless of outcome, I will be proudly supporting them.

|

8/15/2021 4:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2021 4:06 PM

Spudnut wrote:

If anything put sexton on the 250. He was on a Honda in 250s and is only 2 years into the 450. Webb never ride a ktm 250 and ...more

Your point about Sexton being familiar with the Honda is valid but I think he’s been much faster on the 450 than he was on the 250. I think Webb would be better on the 250. That being said, I think RJ is our best shot on the 250 even though he’s had some issues staying upright.

My vote would be JB, Sexton and RJ. That’s a solid lineup.

|

8/15/2021 4:12 PM

Spudnut wrote:

If anything put sexton on the 250. He was on a Honda in 250s and is only 2 years into the 450. Webb never ride a ktm 250 and ...more

MXD wrote:

Your point about Sexton being familiar with the Honda is valid but I think he’s been much faster on the 450 than he was on the ...more

I agree. Two hungry new guys and the wiley vet who has matured into a leader while still riding hard as heck!

|

8/15/2021 4:17 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Why no Star guys? I get Tomac (no time on the bike), but why not JMart or Cooper?

|

8/15/2021 4:19 PM

Webb, Sexton and Hampshire is a solid team and most importantly the only riders and teams that give a fuck about our country. The blue and green teams and riders are anti america.

|

8/15/2021 4:20 PM

Spudnut wrote:

Sexton or RJ are not the 250 rider Webb was. Hannah and Ward stepped down years after not racing the 125 class, and Stanton destroyed the 125 class after stepping down at a race.

RJ crashes too much, and in my opinion, Webb is a much better choice.

|

8/15/2021 4:21 PM

Sully wrote:

Why no Star guys? I get Tomac (no time on the bike), but why not JMart or Cooper?

Their moving everything to Florida. Conveniently

|

8/15/2021 4:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2021 4:25 PM

Sexton or RJ are not the 250 rider Webb was. Hannah and Ward stepped down years after not racing the 125 class, and Stanton ...more

Idk i just feel like the fact that Webb never rode the ktm 250 and sexton rode the Honda 250 for years makes him a better 250 candidate.

Cooper has been refining himself to a 450 for what 5 years now? And sextons only 2 years off the 250

|

8/15/2021 4:26 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Sully wrote:

They are moving their shop and personnel to Tallahassee that week so nobody is available to support the riders.

|

“I’m not Swap…”

8/15/2021 4:59 PM

Spudnut wrote:

Sexton or RJ are not the 250 rider Webb was. Hannah and Ward stepped down years after not racing the 125 class, and Stanton ...more

Spudnut wrote:

Idk i just feel like the fact that Webb never rode the ktm 250 and sexton rode the Honda 250 for years makes him a better 250 ...more

Hey, I'm fine with whoever goes as long as they want to go. Which ever riders go, they have my full support! I'm looking forward to the U.S.A. putting their best effort forward, and I'll be cheering for them.

|

8/15/2021 5:14 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Sully wrote:

DonM wrote:

They are moving their shop and personnel to Tallahassee that week so nobody is available to support the riders.

With a team as big as Star and with the amount of resources they have on hand, I find it hard to believe they can’t manage a move in the off season without one rider and his mechanic being present.

|

8/15/2021 5:17 PM

Cooper, Sexton, Barcia.

Make it happen.

|

8/15/2021 5:19 PM

Boy it’s really gonna take a press release for everyone to believe the Star guys aren’t going, huh?

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

8/15/2021 5:29 PM

Given the state of affairs (rona), I don't think we send a team at all.

|

8/15/2021 5:33 PM

SCC wrote:

Webb, Sexton and Hampshire is a solid team and most importantly the only riders and teams that give a fuck about our country. ...more

I don’t think they’re anti America. Plessinger and Tomac are as American as it gets. They’re just not willing to spend 10k+ of there own money for high risk and no benefit.

|

8/15/2021 6:00 PM

SCC wrote:

Webb, Sexton and Hampshire is a solid team and most importantly the only riders and teams that give a fuck about our country. ...more

xrmark wrote:

I don’t think they’re anti America. Plessinger and Tomac are as American as it gets. They’re just not willing to spend 10k+ of ...more

I think AP would go but the team switch is probably an issue.

|

8/15/2021 6:10 PM

Spudnut wrote:

You can’t compare the two. The MXGP classification is jam packed with equal or better talent today.

|

8/15/2021 6:14 PM

CPR wrote:

With a team as big as Star and with the amount of resources they have on hand, I find it hard to believe they can’t manage a ...more

Agree with this 100%. They could do it if they wanted to send one rider.

Seems not like the Star mentality to completely opt-out of a big event.

|

8/15/2021 6:24 PM

Hey, I'm fine with whoever goes as long as they want to go. Which ever riders go, they have my full support! I'm looking ...more

Amen to that!

|

8/15/2021 6:27 PM

SCC wrote:

Webb turned it down before. Lol. Nice try though. Guess rc kdub, ferrandis, musquin kroc etc dont care either. about their country. grin

|

8/15/2021 6:32 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:

That's going to be a maximum effort team for USA and regardless of outcome, I will be proudly supporting them.

They deserve it most with riders who can race it. I believe that to be our team and I think it’s a great effort and one that could yield great results.

|

8/15/2021 7:03 PM

Not much of a JA21 fan but he would be a good choice. He is riding and seeing him at GH flying and doing it smoothly, makes me think he would do the US proud. Any rider that WANTS to ride for the US, deserves our appreciation and support.

|

8/15/2021 7:47 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Sully wrote:

Spudnut wrote:

Their moving everything to Florida. Conveniently

I really don’t understand this whole move as being an excuse? There must be more complexity than it seems. Surely shipping a bike over wouldn’t be too much hassle and they can get assistance from Europe Yamaha?
If Ferrandis wanted to go for France I’m sure he could push for it.. same as Cooper32. (J-Mart might need to get surgery?). I’m sure they are more than happy to get their off season started though, it’s been a grind all year.
Good shot at the win this year with a few of the GP riders opting out due to their series still running. The team of JB, CS and RJ should get ha done!

|

8/15/2021 8:20 PM

Everyone that says Star has no excuse clearly has no clue what it takes to move a factory team across the country OR send riders to the mxdn. This isn’t like packing up your studio apartment and hitting a weekend at GH before moving down the street.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It