Barcia!

Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 10:39am
Not to take anything away from Kenny's awesome win, but this is two very impressive rides from Barcia. I really hope he can continue getting wins and podiums because it adds depth to the field, and makes each week fun to watch.
|
Ryan625
1/11/2020 9:37pm
Agreed, I had him placed for a 5th this week which I still thought was optimistic. I hope he keeps this up
zehn
1/11/2020 9:41pm
Looked like shit in his interview, must have been pretty sick
str8line
1/11/2020 10:01pm
zehn wrote:
Looked like shit in his interview, must have been pretty sick

Yeah, he said he was really sick. I don't know how these guys can ride sick. So gnarly.

They said Webb was still sick too.
ctbale
1/11/2020 10:14pm
maybe thats why the camera man did not cover Barcia, he was afraid of catching his cold

The Shop

snackfedbear
1/12/2020 1:14am
ctbale wrote:
maybe thats why the camera man did not cover Barcia, he was afraid of catching his cold
Ha!!! So true
Talisker
1/12/2020 1:36am
Rooting for not only Barcia but Yamaha as well. They haven’t really had anything going on in the 450 class since James left. Good to see. Keep it up!!!!
1/12/2020 3:22am
Be interesting to see how he goes on a less tacky and rutty track when they get to one. Hopefully he can stay on it.
Motofinne
1/12/2020 3:24am
Listen to his post race interview with MX Vice. He was clearly sick and still rode that well. He is the real deal!
1/12/2020 3:52am
What’s it take for Barcia to get another year at Yamaha? This year is really good for them so far.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
1/12/2020 3:58am
Sick or not that was a great and mature ride. He's ready to fight for this title. Man it will be fun
Zycki11
1/12/2020 5:14am
What’s it take for Barcia to get another year at Yamaha? This year is really good for them so far.
I think he already has it. He likes the team and the team likes him. Dylan moving up will take AP spot. Unless Yamaha fields 3 riders.
1/12/2020 5:17am
Barcia is a serious threat right now, he is whipping that Yamaha around like it’s a 250f in the corners. I’m enjoying his return but I’m so nervous he is going to start hitting guys and piss everyone off. He gets so aggressive, it’s awesome! He reminds me of Bradshaw
Motofinne
1/12/2020 5:28am
Barcia in the press conference, the dude was not in a great shape after that long mainGrinning

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
1/12/2020 5:32am
Barcia looks shot. Props to him for riding so well in the main event. He’s legit this year and it’s awesome to
See.
Question
1/12/2020 6:07am

It starts to look like the season Millsaps pulled in 2013 !
duckdog77
1/12/2020 6:18am
Someone correct me if I’m wrong...but I believe they said on the pulp show his contract says if he gets top 3 in points he gets another year.
Racer111
1/12/2020 6:22am
Barcia will be Barcia at some point in the series. He rode well last night, but......He always turns in to Bam bam at some point.
1/12/2020 6:46am
If Yamaha doesn’t reup him, someone will be more than happy to take him. He has the raw speed and will to win that few others do.
gt80rider
1/12/2020 7:41am
If Yamaha doesn’t reup him, someone will be more than happy to take him. He has the raw speed and will to win that few others...
If Yamaha doesn’t reup him, someone will be more than happy to take him. He has the raw speed and will to win that few others do.
There are a bunch of people that would argue that last point with you.... He is known more for his speed around contract time than his continual will to win....
Mr. Afterbar
1/12/2020 7:49am
If Yamaha doesn’t reup him, someone will be more than happy to take him. He has the raw speed and will to win that few others...
gt80rider wrote:
There are a bunch of people that would argue that last point with you.... He is known more for his speed around contract time than his...
There are a bunch of people that would argue that last point with you.... He is known more for his speed around contract time than his continual will to win....
He's been winning his entire career with a few bad years thrown in and many injuries. When healthy, happy, and fit, the guy is a contender for race wins and always has been.
1reed2rome
1/12/2020 7:50am
duckdog77 wrote:
Someone correct me if I’m wrong...but I believe they said on the pulp show his contract says if he gets top 3 in points he gets...
Someone correct me if I’m wrong...but I believe they said on the pulp show his contract says if he gets top 3 in points he gets another year.
You're right Matthes has mentioned it a couple times that Barcia needs top three in either series to re-up his contract.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
1/12/2020 7:51am
gt80rider wrote:
There are a bunch of people that would argue that last point with you.... He is known more for his speed around contract time than his...
I'm confused by your thoughts. He rode really well when he didn't have a ride at all as a privateer. He said it was because his wife helped him realize that he could retire at any moment and still live a very comfortable life for the rest of his life. Seriously, a guy with $3M socked away and invests modestly well is going to bring in between $150K-$200K per year on investment interest if they are smart with their money. So at that point he relaxed, got a good bike, and started riding well. then got picked up by Yamaha.

This year, he's under contract and he's riding really well. He loves the bike and is having fun. And, he's fit.

I don't think him riding has one ounce to do with "want to". He rides better when the pressure is off and he can relax. He rides worse when he presses and over rides the bike.

I think this year is different for him because of the bike and he is in really good shape from training so hard during the off season - plus in two races, he's gotten really good starts. Note, he's not fading like he used to. Even when he's really sick. That's telling. He's fit and comfortable. Has nothing to do with a contract pending.
motomike137
1/12/2020 8:28am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2020 9:52am
gt80rider wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
I'm confused by your thoughts. He rode really well when he didn't have a ride at all as a privateer. He said it was because his...
I'm confused by your thoughts. He rode really well when he didn't have a ride at all as a privateer. He said it was because his wife helped him realize that he could retire at any moment and still live a very comfortable life for the rest of his life. Seriously, a guy with $3M socked away and invests modestly well is going to bring in between $150K-$200K per year on investment interest if they are smart with their money. So at that point he relaxed, got a good bike, and started riding well. then got picked up by Yamaha.

This year, he's under contract and he's riding really well. He loves the bike and is having fun. And, he's fit.

I don't think him riding has one ounce to do with "want to". He rides better when the pressure is off and he can relax. He rides worse when he presses and over rides the bike.

I think this year is different for him because of the bike and he is in really good shape from training so hard during the off season - plus in two races, he's gotten really good starts. Note, he's not fading like he used to. Even when he's really sick. That's telling. He's fit and comfortable. Has nothing to do with a contract pending.
I'm a Barcia superfan but damned if this doesn't look like the Justin we've been waiting for. It looks like after many years of tweaking that backwards YZ it is ready for prime time as well Smile
Nighttrain
1/12/2020 8:49am
Question wrote:

It starts to look like the season Millsaps pulled in 2013 !
That’s a good comparison. Had Millsaps not tweaked his knee that year the record books might look different.
Panic_Rev
1/12/2020 9:00am
TbonesPop wrote:
I'm confused by your thoughts. He rode really well when he didn't have a ride at all as a privateer. He said it was because his...

A withdrawal rate of 5-7% for a 30 year old is not realistic. Inflation, market risk, life expectancy. A guy driving an R8 would have a culture shock dropping down to $50k/yr.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
1/12/2020 9:20am
If he keeps this up, he won't have a problem with a ride for next season. Yamaha may have to fight to keep him.....
Janus9
1/12/2020 10:35am
If you can’t win the championship, at least beat your teammate.

Barcia is good with Yamaha for next year.

I’m not even convinced Ferrandis will go Yamaha in the 450s. Someone like KTM might snatch him up.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/12/2020 10:52am
Janus9 wrote:
If you can’t win the championship, at least beat your teammate. Barcia is good with Yamaha for next year. I’m not even convinced Ferrandis will go...
If you can’t win the championship, at least beat your teammate.

Barcia is good with Yamaha for next year.

I’m not even convinced Ferrandis will go Yamaha in the 450s. Someone like KTM might snatch him up.
Unless KTM plans on running a 3 rider team, he's going elsewhere.

I'd put my money on Yamaha keeping him. Plessinger is just not working out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see 2021 Factory Yamaha be Ferrandis and Barcia. Especially if Justin keeps riding the way he is. Plessinger has a lot of work to do.

Post a reply to: Barcia!

The Latest