Barcia

aeffertz
10/31/2019 11:45am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2019 11:46am
Justin will surprise you naysayers when A1 rolls around!
Racer111 wrote:
That’s what we have heard every year for the last 7 years. 🙄🙄
2018 A1:

2019 A1:

Give the guy some respect.
GPrider
10/31/2019 11:46am
I'll say it, its the bike. I bet Reed will finish higher next year on the honda
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/31/2019 11:47am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2019 12:49pm
philG wrote:
He can ride, but its not enough . With a factory ride comes factory responsibilities, and he isnt team leader material.. to be fair .neither was...
He can ride, but its not enough . With a factory ride comes factory responsibilities, and he isnt team leader material.. to be fair .neither was RC , but it didnt mattet cos he could win on whatever was put under him.

The chatter about GP rides was just that, i recall Suzuki trying to use it to attract sponsors and they failed and went with Jasikonis.

Its a dilemma, cos on his day he can be fast, but that day might be a wednesday. Over a season i dont see him being a regulat top 5 guy.
I just don't understand the "he's good but not good enough" in this example. The simple math doesn't support it.

Let's show a conservative # on the amount of people on factory equipment.
Honda -2
Yamaha -2
KTM -4
Suzuki -1
Husky -2
Kawi -2
Total = 13

Eleven people and only one can win a championship. So what is the solution?
A] Every year, 12 of the 13 factory riders should be fired?
B] Every team only employs one factory rider, so then all 6 have a good chance to finish top 5 and validate their
position?
C] ?
FI2T
10/31/2019 12:28pm
GPrider wrote:
I'll say it, its the bike. I bet Reed will finish higher next year on the honda
How about that bet? Reed wins you pick a privateer and I'll send them some money. Barcia wins you pay I pick. It'd make this SX season more interesting.

The Shop

Excaliburbmx
10/31/2019 12:46pm
philG wrote:
He can ride, but its not enough . With a factory ride comes factory responsibilities, and he isnt team leader material.. to be fair .neither was...
He can ride, but its not enough . With a factory ride comes factory responsibilities, and he isnt team leader material.. to be fair .neither was RC , but it didnt mattet cos he could win on whatever was put under him.

The chatter about GP rides was just that, i recall Suzuki trying to use it to attract sponsors and they failed and went with Jasikonis.

Its a dilemma, cos on his day he can be fast, but that day might be a wednesday. Over a season i dont see him being a regulat top 5 guy.
seth505 wrote:
I just don't understand the "he's good but not good enough" in this example. The simple math doesn't support it. Let's show a conservative # on...
I just don't understand the "he's good but not good enough" in this example. The simple math doesn't support it.

Honda -2
Yamaha -2
KTM -4
Suzuki -1
Husky -2
Kawi -2
Total = 13

B] Every team only employs one factory rider, so then all 6 have a good chance to finish top 5 and validate their
position?
C] ?
What about Kawasaki?
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/31/2019 12:48pm
What about Kawasaki?
I went too conservative and forgot a brand haha, I'll edit that.
Racer111
10/31/2019 1:02pm
Huckster wrote:
Kevin Windham, Tim Ferry, DV12, John Dowd, Reynard....not to mention that he is 2yrs younger than MM25 who has also not won a big bike title
Looby321 wrote:
Comparing Barcia to MM is laughable to say the least and I’m a NY’er!
Huckster wrote:
Not comparing. Stating facts based off the dudes question.
Here is a fact for you. If Barcia got fired today, he wouldn’t have ride tomorrow. If Musquin left KTM today, he’d have 3-4 offers before tomorrow morning.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/31/2019 1:06pm
Looby321 wrote:
Huckster wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
Here is a fact for you. If Barcia got fired today, he wouldn’t have ride tomorrow. If Musquin left KTM today, he’d have 3-4 offers before...
Here is a fact for you. If Barcia got fired today, he wouldn’t have ride tomorrow. If Musquin left KTM today, he’d have 3-4 offers before tomorrow morning.
Why are you stating your opinion as fact? 3-4 realistic offers when every other team already allotted their budget to other rider contracts?
Press516
Fantasy
126th
10/31/2019 1:18pm
philG wrote:
He left Honda after not delivering, went to JGR , did the same , and is sat Yamaha because Millsaps got hurt and Webb left. Been...
He left Honda after not delivering, went to JGR , did the same , and is sat Yamaha because Millsaps got hurt and Webb left. Been the same story at all of them...
Huckster wrote:
Yes You're right if you call 2 lites sx titles, multiple top 3 outdoor 250 series finishes, 2 450 SX wins and multiple outdoor wins/podiums and...
Yes You're right if you call 2 lites sx titles, multiple top 3 outdoor 250 series finishes, 2 450 SX wins and multiple outdoor wins/podiums and top 5 O/A’s not performing.
philG wrote:
250 stuff indoors is half the riders at half the races.. and when he went 450 he came in with a bang and worked himself backwards...
250 stuff indoors is half the riders at half the races.. and when he went 450 he came in with a bang and worked himself backwards, like he has since with other rides. If he had been performing at Honda do you think they would have let him go... it seems like a pattern to me.. and at Honda he wasnt the main man, he had someone to crib off.
The same Honda that let Tomac go? That statement doesn't hold water...
Johnny Ringo
10/31/2019 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2019 1:24pm
Looby321 wrote:
Huckster wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
Here is a fact for you. If Barcia got fired today, he wouldn’t have ride tomorrow. If Musquin left KTM today, he’d have 3-4 offers before...
We get it, you hate barcia. But, I do not see 3-4 teams that would hire marv this second. I notice you didn’t add any specifics to your “fact”.

People thinking he doesn’t deserve a factory ride is mind numbing
Huckster
10/31/2019 1:43pm
philG wrote:

seth505 wrote:
I just don't understand the "he's good but not good enough" in this example. The simple math doesn't support it. Let's show a conservative # on...

Honda -2
Yamaha -2
KTM -4
Suzuki -1
Husky -2
Kawi -2
Total = 13

position?
C] ?
Don't try to rationalize or use facts with them.
Racer111
10/31/2019 2:02pm
Huckster wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
We get it, you hate barcia. But, I do not see 3-4 teams that would hire marv this second. I notice you didn’t add any specifics...
We get it, you hate barcia. But, I do not see 3-4 teams that would hire marv this second. I notice you didn’t add any specifics to your “fact”.

I don’t hate any rider. I just don’t believe Barcia is Factory material any longer. His stats prove that. He won A race last year and flowed up that win with nothing. And the win was not a typical win. It was a complete mudder. If the track had been normal conditions I don’t think he would have won. Just my opinion.
Johnny Ringo
10/31/2019 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2019 2:27pm
Racer111 wrote:
We get it, you hate barcia. But, I do not see 3-4 teams that would hire marv this second. I notice you didn’t add any specifics...

Racer111 wrote:
I don’t hate any rider. I just don’t believe Barcia is Factory material any longer. His stats prove that. He won A race last year and...
I don’t hate any rider. I just don’t believe Barcia is Factory material any longer. His stats prove that. He won A race last year and flowed up that win with nothing. And the win was not a typical win. It was a complete mudder. If the track had been normal conditions I don’t think he would have won. Just my opinion.
How many Supercrosses did Savatgy, Dean, Anderson, Bogle, Zacho, Plessinger, roczen, and Seely win last year? Do they deserve factory rides?

People still argue that Bogle deserves a ride because he won a race like 4 years ago. Better yet, who deserves the Yamaha ride over Barcia?

Also, I noticed you didn’t back up your “fact” about Marvin. Still waiting on what 4 teams would hire him this second.
zippytech
10/31/2019 2:35pm
A lot of this comes from him not improving year after year.
philG
10/31/2019 3:12pm
Huckster wrote:
Yes You're right if you call 2 lites sx titles, multiple top 3 outdoor 250 series finishes, 2 450 SX wins and multiple outdoor wins/podiums and...
Yes You're right if you call 2 lites sx titles, multiple top 3 outdoor 250 series finishes, 2 450 SX wins and multiple outdoor wins/podiums and top 5 O/A’s not performing.
philG wrote:
250 stuff indoors is half the riders at half the races.. and when he went 450 he came in with a bang and worked himself backwards...
250 stuff indoors is half the riders at half the races.. and when he went 450 he came in with a bang and worked himself backwards, like he has since with other rides. If he had been performing at Honda do you think they would have let him go... it seems like a pattern to me.. and at Honda he wasnt the main man, he had someone to crib off.
Press516 wrote:
They didnt let Eli go, Kawi paid big
Racer111
10/31/2019 4:18pm

Racer111 wrote:
I don’t hate any rider. I just don’t believe Barcia is Factory material any longer. His stats prove that. He won A race last year and...
How many Supercrosses did Savatgy, Dean, Anderson, Bogle, Zacho, Plessinger, roczen, and Seely win last year? Do they deserve factory rides? People still argue that Bogle...
How many Supercrosses did Savatgy, Dean, Anderson, Bogle, Zacho, Plessinger, roczen, and Seely win last year? Do they deserve factory rides?

People still argue that Bogle deserves a ride because he won a race like 4 years ago. Better yet, who deserves the Yamaha ride over Barcia?

Also, I noticed you didn’t back up your “fact” about Marvin. Still waiting on what 4 teams would hire him this second.
It’s common sense. Musquin is a threat to win anytime the gate drops. He’s always up front. Same for Roczen. Even if they don’t win, they are fighting for the win. They run UP FRONT Indoors and out. Barcia doesn’t. End of story.
Adam89
10/31/2019 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2019 5:11pm
Around 5th with the potential for a podium or two
Johnny Ringo
10/31/2019 5:46pm
Racer111 wrote:
How many Supercrosses did Savatgy, Dean, Anderson, Bogle, Zacho, Plessinger, roczen, and Seely win last year? Do they deserve factory rides? People still argue that Bogle...

Racer111 wrote:
It’s common sense. Musquin is a threat to win anytime the gate drops. He’s always up front. Same for Roczen. Even if they don’t win, they...
It’s common sense. Musquin is a threat to win anytime the gate drops. He’s always up front. Same for Roczen. Even if they don’t win, they are fighting for the win. They run UP FRONT Indoors and out. Barcia doesn’t. End of story.
You didn’t answer my question
Press516
Fantasy
126th
10/31/2019 9:07pm
philG wrote:
Press516 wrote:
philG wrote:
They didnt let Eli go, Kawi paid big
ROFL... Now that's funny. Honda's net worth is more than 4 times what Kawasaki is worth. Honda let him go by not matching Kawasaki's deal. They wanted Eli they could have kept him. You're simply wrong on this one.
kage173
11/1/2019 6:35am
Justin has had a decent career, but he certainly did not become the 450 champion he seemed destined to be.

All in all, he'll be fine and he deserves a factory ride, but I think he is one of those guys like Kevin Windham, Davi Millsaps, Trey Canard, Travis Pastrana, Robbie Reynard, Damon Bradshaw, etc... that serve as examples of exactly how hard it is to win a 450 championship.
motomike137
11/1/2019 7:16am
kage173 wrote:
Justin has had a decent career, but he certainly did not become the 450 champion he seemed destined to be. All in all, he'll be fine...
Justin has had a decent career, but he certainly did not become the 450 champion he seemed destined to be.

All in all, he'll be fine and he deserves a factory ride, but I think he is one of those guys like Kevin Windham, Davi Millsaps, Trey Canard, Travis Pastrana, Robbie Reynard, Damon Bradshaw, etc... that serve as examples of exactly how hard it is to win a 450 championship.
I agree with your opinion and that is not bad company to be in. There is just something about the way he rides and his personality that I really get a kick out of Smile
Kenny Lingus
11/1/2019 10:26am Edited Date/Time 11/1/2019 11:34am
Honda didn't fire him he left, Barcia that is. Looking back may not have been a good choice.

Post a reply to: Barcia

The Latest