Barcia

Related:
Create New Tag

10/30/2019 7:32 AM

So MEC was gonna be Barcia showing where they are at right now! He was ready to go......

So where’s he gonna be this year?

|

10/30/2019 7:35 AM

10th-5th as normal

|

10/30/2019 7:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2019 7:53 AM

Barcia hasn’t shown much of anything but typical Barcia other than the mud win at Anaheim 1. He got smoked by Vince Friese and Tim Gasjer. 6th overall in a field where MOST of the factory riders were absent is pretty awful considering he’s a full factory rider. And he wasn’t even close to the pace of the top 3.

6th place and all of these teams Absent from the race....

Team Honda
Team KTM
RM ATV KTM
Team Husky

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

10/30/2019 8:04 AM

Justin will surprise you naysayers when A1 rolls around!

|

10/30/2019 8:07 AM

I’d say Barcia wasn’t exactly ready. We know he’s better then that

|

10/30/2019 8:12 AM

I know that Justin talked a good game before the race and I really expected more out of him like maybe a podium. The Barcia fan in me will fall back on the fact that this race almost never is a predictor of what we will se once SX comes around. I also still believe that Bam Bam has it in him to run up front in these races.

|

10/30/2019 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2019 8:14 AM

motomike137 wrote:

That’s what we have heard every year for the last 7 years. 🙄🙄

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

10/30/2019 8:13 AM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

But he should have been as ready as everyone else though...

|

10/30/2019 8:19 AM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

philG wrote:

But he should have been as ready as everyone else though...

Was AP ready? No. Dude just got married

|

10/30/2019 8:25 AM

Barcia is faster than most when everything goes his way...problem is, they don’t much.

|

10/30/2019 8:41 AM

Barcia's testing is what is holding him back.. he doesnt seem to know which way to go with the bike. and unfortunately, it doesnt sound like they have a test rider on staff like Honda has Trey Canard, Ktm has ryan morais, Kawasaki has bowers/Hot sauce for the 250's.. Freddie Noren for JGR(im not sure if hes still riding their bike or not). Im not sure if Husky has a test rider but their bike is similar to the KTM.. And Roger has alot of input on Husky also(learned that on MX nation, thought it was rad that KTM told roger to help the Husky team)..

I dont think the problem is the bike. I dont think they have enough data to know which way to go.. a good test rider during the week would help them alot in my opinion..

|

10/30/2019 8:47 AM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

Barcia's testing is what is holding him back.. he doesnt seem to know which way to go with the bike. and unfortunately, it doesnt sound like they have a test rider on staff like Honda has Trey Canard, Ktm has ryan morais, Kawasaki has bowers/Hot sauce for the 250's.. Freddie Noren for JGR(im not sure if hes still riding their bike or not). Im not sure if Husky has a test rider but their bike is similar to the KTM.. And Roger has alot of input on Husky also(learned that on MX nation, thought it was rad that KTM told roger to help the Husky team)..

I dont think the problem is the bike. I dont think they have enough data to know which way to go.. a good test rider during the week would help them alot in my opinion..

Travis Preston is I believe.

|

10/30/2019 8:59 AM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

Its already been said on the Pulp show that Travis Preston is helping now, and rode the bike and said it wasnt good.. without good development guys you are screwed and some teams think they know better (Kawasaki historically if you listen to Jake Weimer).
This is why some guys work better on a sattelite team, because there is only so much you can get wrong. On a factory team its almost limitless, wrong fork offset, head angle, linkages , motor mounts and all sorts of other stuff. Barcia is clueless, based on what we have seen and heard and he should be the guy that knows.

|

10/30/2019 9:04 AM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

philG wrote:

Its already been said on the Pulp show that Travis Preston is helping now, and rode the bike and said it wasnt good.. without good development guys you are screwed and some teams think they know better (Kawasaki historically if you listen to Jake Weimer).
This is why some guys work better on a sattelite team, because there is only so much you can get wrong. On a factory team its almost limitless, wrong fork offset, head angle, linkages , motor mounts and all sorts of other stuff. Barcia is clueless, based on what we have seen and heard and he should be the guy that knows.

Rode what bike? The Yamaha in general or are we talking Barcia's Yamaha that wasn't good? Do you know which Pulp episode that was? I'd like to listen to that one.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/30/2019 9:19 AM

motomike137 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

That’s what we have heard every year for the last 7 years. 🙄🙄

He actually won A1 last year so on that particular day, people were right.

|

10/30/2019 9:31 AM

If he stays healthy all off season he will be a threat. Barcia is a prime example of needing everything to be clicking right for him to go fast. If something goes wrong though coming into the season he will underperform.

|

10/30/2019 9:46 AM

He’s a really fast rider up against really fast riders. Lots of things have to click to be at the front of this group. Barcia hasn’t been clicking much.

|

10/30/2019 10:00 AM

Barcia is 50% of the problem. The other 50% is where he place his nuts, that blue pig is not working right.

|

rarararaataatatatata

10/30/2019 10:58 AM

Crazy how we talk about a guy who was 1 or only 5 to win a SX last yr. brutal

|

10/30/2019 11:04 AM

Huckster wrote:

Well....he did just get spanked by Frieze

|

10/30/2019 11:08 AM

Huckster wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Well let’s see how they do come A1. Not off MEC

|

10/30/2019 11:16 AM

Huckster wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

In an exhibition race with a joker lane...

|

10/30/2019 11:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2019 11:25 AM

it's always odd to me how we 1) expect all factory riders to consistently be on the box yet 2) are saddened that there aren't more top level rides / large contracts that extend past the top 5.

can't have both.

|

10/30/2019 11:37 AM

AngryBear wrote:

it's always odd to me how we 1) expect all factory riders to consistently be on the box yet 2) are saddened that there aren't more top level rides / large contracts that extend past the top 5.

can't have both.

Well it may be reasonable to expect a factory rider to be able to work over 2 part timers, I have a feeling he expected more, so it might be fair for his fans to expect more!

|

10/30/2019 11:44 AM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

philG wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Rode what bike? The Yamaha in general or are we talking Barcia's Yamaha that wasn't good? Do you know which Pulp episode that was? I'd like to listen to that one.

Yamaha rented Washougal after the national to test, Preston was there helping them.

|

10/30/2019 1:22 PM

We are 7 seasons into Barcia's 450 career. The injuries in SX have hurt him, but I'd also say that despite having two 250 East titles he is a much better rider outdoors. His style on the 450 is just to aggro for SX, however he could make it work on a smaller, lighter bike back in his 250 days.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

10/30/2019 2:10 PM

put him on a 350 and he will have some wins,

|

10/30/2019 2:50 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Rode AP and Barcias bikes.
Both had went in the wrong direction with set up.
They talked about it on the last episode

|

Sorry, but Motodrive is currently unavailable. We were over our quota for flamers and idiots today. Try back again soon.

10/30/2019 5:23 PM

Huckster wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Huckster wrote:

Freize was dialed. Looked pretty damn good out there.

|

10/30/2019 5:45 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Huckster wrote:

Forty wrote:

Freize was dialed. Looked pretty damn good out there.

Friese is also an SX only rider with Tony as his team manager, who ripped 3 great starts. He'd likely been in navy seal boot camp for 6 weeks prior to this race.

Barcia raced all summer and was in the Bahamas at the beginning of September who knows how long on the bike come race time and got rubbish starts.

The real racing starts in January, if Friese and Gajser are in front of him then we can start worrying. For now i think everyone can lay off the panic button.

|