BarX Suzuki question

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2022 11:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2022 11:33 AM

Why does BarX run the Suzuki? I cant imagine they are getting much, if anything help wise from Suzuki corporate. Do they have a deal with a shop that gives them bikes or? Not really wanting to get into a bashing thread about Suzuki, but it seems like it would be much easier on the pocket book for the team to start out with a better platform. I would guess it takes a chunk of cash to make those Zukes competitive. Does anyone KNOW what if any connection the team has with the factory?

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

YaNoForSure

7/10/2022 11:40 AM

This is a big thumbsuck but I reckon Suzuki gives them plenty bikes and OEM parts for the season. Suzuki needs some sort of representation out there and the bikes, even though they are a bit out dated are still really good.

I stand to be corrected.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

7/10/2022 11:42 AM

Did they just do away with the amateur program ? They have had some rotten luck this year with injuries ?

|

7/10/2022 11:56 AM

My thoughts:
1) There can only be 1 "best in class" bike, sure it's not the Suzuki.
2) I'm not sure why people think it takes X number of dollars more than other manufacturers to make the Zuk competitive.
3) Do we really need another Yamaha team? grin

|

7/10/2022 12:06 PM

Wonder how Tomac's results would look like this year if he were on a BarX Suzuki (with Ricki Gilmore doing his setup)

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

7/10/2022 12:18 PM

I THINK SUSZUKI MAKES THE FASTIST BIKE IN THE LITES THEY SHOUD DO THE OUTDOORS WITH JON SHORT FORM TEXAS

|

suszuki rm85

7/10/2022 12:19 PM

hartebreak wrote:

Why does BarX run the Suzuki? I cant imagine they are getting much, if anything help wise from Suzuki corporate. Do they have ...more

BarX runs it because they do receive some help from Suzuki. As far as pocket book, Jamie Ellis at Twisted has the engines running extremely well and the riders are actually happy with the performance. Jamie is quoted saying the Suzuki produces the most power up to 8,000rpm. The Suzuki is ironed out as far as research and aftermarket parts that make the bike work well. The only thing holding it back currently is actual factory presence as well as electric start. Personally, I think it is a smart choice for BarX and in the future when Suzuki does come back to racing with the Factory I would assume they do so through BarX.

|

7/10/2022 1:04 PM

tylermx967 wrote:

I THINK SUSZUKI MAKES THE FASTIST BIKE IN THE LITES THEY SHOUD DO THE OUTDOORS WITH JON SHORT FORM TEXAS

I agree. Yellow bikes for the win.

|

7/10/2022 1:25 PM

Can someone enlighten me what bar x is?

|

7/10/2022 1:38 PM

mb60 wrote:

Did they just do away with the amateur program ? They have had some rotten luck this year with injuries ?

They still have an amateur program as of now. Chase Yentzer is their current amateur rider.

|

7/10/2022 1:39 PM

I just switched from Rmarmy to Kawi. Biggest fuck up of my life.

|

7/10/2022 2:04 PM

Sawfish wrote:

I think BarX is Cole Barbieri's dad's wallet? He was on the team early on but isn't anymore so I don't know why the BarX name is still attached. As far as I know it's just a brand name, they don't have a business or products or anything. I could be butchering this, hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

|

7/10/2022 2:10 PM

Sawfish wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Im reaching a little here but I think…

The two primary owners of the team are Myron Short (2X Promotions) and a man with the last name Barbiere (his son Cole rode for the am team when they first started).

So Bar (Barbiere) and X (2X promotions)…BarX
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/10/2022 6:47 PM

Sandusky26 wrote:

Was what? Leaving Suzuki or sticking with it for so long?

|

7/10/2022 7:52 PM

hartebreak wrote:

Why does BarX run the Suzuki? I cant imagine they are getting much, if anything help wise from Suzuki corporate. Do they have ...more

It’s not the bike, it’s the riders. You throw Tomac, Sexton, Anderson, or any top tier 250 rider on them they get podiums. When JGR had them, they made a great bike. Pulled holeshots with guys that were 15 to 20 position guys in the 450’s and Troll won a 250 race on one. It’s not the bikes if they have proper set up and engine packages.

|

EPHESIANS 6:11

7/10/2022 7:58 PM

Sawfish wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar-X

|

7/10/2022 8:48 PM

Sawfish wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Im reaching a little here but I think…

The two primary owners of the team are Myron Short (2X Promotions) and ...more

This is correct. Barbieri (Bar) and 2x promotions (X) is why it’s called BarX Suzuki.

|

7/10/2022 11:00 PM

Boomslang wrote:

Wonder how Tomac's results would look like this year if he were on a BarX Suzuki (with Ricki Gilmore doing his setup)

24-0, UNDEFEATED! #kickstartArmy

|

7/11/2022 12:25 AM

|

7/11/2022 5:14 AM

tylermx967 wrote:

This is played out.

|

7/11/2022 1:22 PM

DunnySeat wrote:

This is played out.

That would be Incorrect.

|

7/11/2022 1:35 PM

Sandusky26 wrote:

Kawi build quality not there?

|

7/11/2022 1:38 PM

I always just thought BarX was a chain saw bar oil brand....come to find out it's just rich dudes blowing money to give dudes rides, nothing wrong with that. We can use all of that we can get to keep the semis rolling to races.

|

7/11/2022 3:41 PM

Sandusky26 wrote:

vincefriese wrote:

I only have 1.7 hours on her so it’s to soon to tell. I just know my Rmarmy barks hard and sounds like a small block Chevy.

I haven’t pulled any chicks since I switched to Kawi.

|

7/11/2022 4:45 PM

Sandusky26 wrote:

Thats OK. We will welcome you back!

|

7/29/2022 12:44 AM

hartebreak wrote:

Pretty sure Suzuki give them heaps of support man and been that second level tier team you need money so clearly Suzuki were willing to pony up the most cash. Plus the bikes have so much development data because the thing hasn’t changed since forever ago lol. I heard Jamie Ellis at twisted has that thing dialed in for them he is a wizard with motors. Also I mean marsh is getting great results and he isn’t a top guy so think about what would happen if you had a top level rider on one. Something to mull over 🤔

|

7/29/2022 5:46 AM

Sandusky26 wrote:

vincefriese wrote:

Sandusky26 wrote:

I only have 1.7 hours on her so it’s to soon to tell. I just know my Rmarmy barks hard and sounds like a small block Chevy.

I ...more

If you get rid if the bazooka attached to it it helps but no exhaust sounds like my Suzuki with a Yosh exhaust.

|

7/29/2022 6:53 AM

vincefriese wrote:

Sandusky26 wrote:

I ...more

jpatz319 wrote:

If you get rid if the bazooka attached to it it helps but no exhaust sounds like my Suzuki with a Yosh exhaust.

I agree, I always had guys come up to me and say how good my Rmarmy sounded.

My 4.2 hour Kawi looks like it’s done a tour in nam.

|

7/29/2022 7:07 AM

Sandusky26 wrote:

I ...more

jpatz319 wrote:

Sandusky26 wrote:

My 4.2 hour Kawi looks like it’s done a tour in ...more

Yeah what is up with Kawis looking like they have double or triple the number of hours on them that they actually do?

On the Suzuki front one of the MXA guys LCQed into the Washougal mains on an RMZ-250 with a Vortex and an exhaust.

|

7/29/2022 9:49 AM

jpatz319 wrote:

Sandusky26 wrote:

My 4.2 hour Kawi looks like it’s done a tour in ...more

wrc777 wrote:

Yeah what is up with Kawis looking like they have double or triple the number of hours on them that they actually do?

On the ...more

It’s mostly the plastics, and the exhaust gets scratched up easily. I’ve sanded the scratches out of the exhaust and I’ll replace the plastics before long.

|