Bar dragging

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
11/4/2021 2:57am
My late brother on his '92 RM 125 circa '95 (bought it new and took a few years off). Screenshot from a VHS.

Muffin69
11/4/2021 8:41am
Moto Nomad wrote:
So some of you dudes are doing this...what's the secret? (It blows me away seeing guys on old bikes with pencil suspenders laying it over like...
So some of you dudes are doing this...what's the secret? (It blows me away seeing guys on old bikes with pencil suspenders laying it over like that).
Obviously you need big momentum to keep things moving forward. WTF happens if your foot catches and things go badly quickly? That's my greatest fear with that type of commitment to traction and whatever the hell else can happen. You obviously have to be confident your front wheel is sticking and will continue to do so!
A couple key parts, a smooth roll on speed in the turn, meaning hammering the clutch will result in an bouncy bike. You want it to be as predictable as possible. Get your breaking done early so you can roll on the throttle from the apex or sooner. The last trick i have is you want your ass crack to split between the side of the seat and the top of the seat, it really locks you into place.
Moto Nomad
11/4/2021 10:45am
Moto Nomad wrote:
So some of you dudes are doing this...what's the secret? (It blows me away seeing guys on old bikes with pencil suspenders laying it over like...
So some of you dudes are doing this...what's the secret? (It blows me away seeing guys on old bikes with pencil suspenders laying it over like that).
Obviously you need big momentum to keep things moving forward. WTF happens if your foot catches and things go badly quickly? That's my greatest fear with that type of commitment to traction and whatever the hell else can happen. You obviously have to be confident your front wheel is sticking and will continue to do so!
WFO 3rd gear or higher. Pretend a bus just pulled out in front of you when you're about about 20-30ft from the berm. What would you...
WFO 3rd gear or higher. Pretend a bus just pulled out in front of you when you're about about 20-30ft from the berm. What would you do? Lay it down, of course. Now, the tricky part. Get on the gas and try like hell to save it. Wink When you do, get a buddy to take some pictures. Post them here.
"Try like hell to save it"- that confirms that super-bar-dragging is basically a controlled crash. Woohoo
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
11/4/2021 12:09pm
Moto Nomad wrote:
WFO 3rd gear or higher. Pretend a bus just pulled out in front of you when you're about about 20-30ft from the berm. What would you...
WFO 3rd gear or higher. Pretend a bus just pulled out in front of you when you're about about 20-30ft from the berm. What would you do? Lay it down, of course. Now, the tricky part. Get on the gas and try like hell to save it. Wink When you do, get a buddy to take some pictures. Post them here.
Moto Nomad wrote:
"Try like hell to save it"- that confirms that super-bar-dragging is basically a controlled crash. Woohoo
Pretty much describes the sport....

The Shop

RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
11/4/2021 12:44pm
olds cool wrote:
Proof right there that you don’t have to have a $12.5k Factory Edition EFI’d 4 banger to look cool in moto or for moto to be...
Proof right there that you don’t have to have a $12.5k Factory Edition EFI’d 4 banger to look cool in moto or for moto to be cool. Cool
How much would that pristine 1974 Elsinore 250 cost to buy today?
[YM]
Fantasy
1963rd
11/4/2021 12:57pm
7I3N wrote:
Jeff Emig MXoN [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/24/515909/s1200_bardrag.jpg[/img]
Jeff Emig MXoN

Robgvx wrote:
You know he crashed, right?
jemcee
11/4/2021 4:05pm
Dunno if his bar is dragging but it might be my favourite photo of all time

Post a reply to: Bar dragging

The Latest