Banning LEGEND22 haters.

jemcee
6/2/2020 12:31am
OP wouldn't last 2 mins in high school
Motoxdoc
6/2/2020 12:57am
Legends treat their fans with respect and appreciation...even the smallest ones. After all, without adoring fans and their memories of heroic feats...there would be no legends. See below for said example!
Pink
6/2/2020 2:28am
Can someone please post Reed’s results from the last few years?
Better than yours.

Here you go!
(My opinion only) chads career has always been overshadowed by 1, and at times 2 or 3 guys. I feel chad always rode in his comfort zone, and was either not willing or not capable of stepping out of it. You think about how hard RC, JS and RV could twist the grip on a good day! And chad was always right there ( in front or behind). Feel the fans that really “care”, we don’t care if he keeps racing or retires! None the less, the above list can’t go unnoticed. Please feel free to post the accomplishments from your job below.
CPR
6/2/2020 5:45am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2020 5:47am
Anybody who questions Reeds legendary status is a wombat.

Think about it this way; we all know the plethora of the USA vs the World threads that have filled the pages of Vital, well imagine if an international rider, and not a particularly well known one, came to the US today with no family or entourage in tow, to race SX and in his second year, entered his first full 450 season as a 20yo, and won more races than anyone.

Just imagine if that happened next year? The moto world would explode.

But you know who did that? Chad fken Reed did. That will likely never happen again.

Just that single fact, without any of the iconic moments racing RC and Stew, or RV and Dunge, that followed, is enough to give legendary status all on its own.

For those that say his results of late are shit, by Reed’s standards they are, but still, only seven riders in the world podiumed a premier class SX last year, and Reedy as a washed up old legend was one of them.

Haters- respect is what you lack.

The Shop

mx 219
Fantasy
974th
6/2/2020 5:53am
CPR wrote:
Anybody who questions Reeds legendary status is a wombat. Think about it this way; we all know the plethora of the USA vs the World threads...

Think about it this way; we all know the plethora of the USA vs the World threads that have filled the pages of Vital, well imagine if an international rider, and not a particularly well known one, came to the US today with no family or entourage in tow, to race SX and in his second year, entered his first full 450 season as a 20yo, and won more races than anyone.

But you know who did that? Chad fken Reed did. That will likely never happen again.

Just that single fact, without any of the iconic moments racing RC and Stew, or RV and Dunge, that followed, is enough to give legendary status all on its own.

For those that say his results of late are shit, by Reed’s standards they are, but still, only seven riders in the world podiumed a premier class SX last year, and Reedy as a washed up old legend was one of them.

Im not a hater, I was a very big fan and I still think he is a great rider.

Im just confused why he is still out there. I get it he likes to ride or race, but I would think a legend, and he is a legend, would not want to be riding around 12th-15th on a wrekly basis and getting lapped.
AH387
6/2/2020 6:06am
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. So while I don't support people who hate on the guy, that is how the internet/life works. No one is going to 100% have the same view. Personally, I like seeing him out there, because once he is gone, he is gone. And I know I miss seeing a lot of the other legends at the races. As far as results being subpar, I get that. But like I said, people like me would rather just seem him racing, as long as that is what he wants to do. Take RV for example: he lost to a young kid in the 125 race and he lost to Alessi 2 weeks ago in Youngstown. No disrespect to those other riders, but the RV we know in his prime should not lose to either guy. But he was at an event racing and it was cool to see him on a bike again. That's how I look at the Reed situation. Sure it's not the Reed of 10 years ago, but appreciate I appreciate it for what it is and support the guy, as a fan.
EngIceDave
6/2/2020 6:41am
I just want to say if we brought back hazing, this would be less an issue

Also, spelling and grammar enforcement should also be allowed
brocster
6/2/2020 6:59am
CPR wrote:
Anybody who questions Reeds legendary status is a wombat. Think about it this way; we all know the plethora of the USA vs the World threads...

mx 219 wrote:
Im not a hater, I was a very big fan and I still think he is a great rider. Im just confused why he is still...

Im just confused why he is still out there. I get it he likes to ride or race, but I would think a legend, and he is a legend, would not want to be riding around 12th-15th on a wrekly basis and getting lapped.
What is it that you don’t understand about his well covered “farewell tour”? It’s not like he was saying this is his season to go for the championship but quite the opposite. One last tour of the circuit to say goodby and thanks as part of the actual show and not just “opening ceremonies”.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
6/2/2020 7:12am
CPR wrote:

mx 219 wrote:
Im not a hater, I was a very big fan and I still think he is a great rider. Im just confused why he is still...

brocster wrote:
What is it that you don’t understand about his well covered “farewell tour”? It’s not like he was saying this is his season to go for...
What is it that you don’t understand about his well covered “farewell tour”? It’s not like he was saying this is his season to go for the championship but quite the opposite. One last tour of the circuit to say goodby and thanks as part of the actual show and not just “opening ceremonies”.
Correct me if Im wrong, but last yr at A1 he thought he had a chance at the title. He said that at the A1 press conference, or alluded to it.

Howd that turn out for him?

I understand a farewell tour, but most people do it before they are at the bottom of the pack.
toroP
6/2/2020 7:39am
Is spimx (OP) ok? He got pretty bent out of shape. Hopefully he’s just banging his levers in place and getting some new goggles.
mx1313
6/2/2020 7:47am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2020 7:48am
I'd love to see one race right now. Ricky vs Reedy on either an MX or SX track. That would be a good race.
Motoxdoc
6/2/2020 9:09am
mx 219 wrote:

“I get it he likes to ride or race....he is a legend”....Bingo!...what more do you need to “get” then that?
BroFoSho
6/2/2020 9:48am
CPR wrote:

mx 219 wrote:

woah, 12th-15th is a bit optimistic there...
6/2/2020 1:18pm
To the small percentage of guys on here that think Reed should quit for being a 12-15th guy. Do you think everyone in 12-15th should quit and never race?

I hope he keep racing until 40, he'll still make mains. Why not, he's still making more money than the vast majority of us on here and clearly having fun doing it!
PFitzG38
6/3/2020 10:02am
mx 219 wrote:

I think you think wrong and if you think about it a little more you might really get it. Think about this. What if he really still likes racing motorcycles? I’m 57 yo and I still love it! I’ve spent thousands of dollars every year of my adult life at dealerships, hop up companies, doctors/hospitals, and probably some of the same companies that actually still want to pay Chad to represent.

Where is he supposed to race? Would you prefer to see him picking on the locals at Chicken Licks or REM? Imagine being too fast for local MX but not fast enough to win Nats – but still perfectly capable on a good day of beating the majority of the field AND collecting a paycheck.

As long as HE is enjoying himself, and not a danger I’ll feel privileged every time I still get to see him live. That being said what was hard to watch was Bubba riding around half-hearted, not happy, and getting in the way of Marvin et al - and he was my guy.

I respect every guy who can qualify for and race Pro AMA MX/SX. There are posers and real fans of the sport, threads like this make it easy to tell the difference.

Some of the haters here need to show some freeking respect!
Momus
6/3/2020 10:44am
CPR wrote:

mx 219 wrote:

It is his VALEDICTORY season.

He HAS accepted after nearly 25 years at the highest level his time has come

He is bowing out.

By riding all the rounds he is respecting the most knowledgeable and most boneheaded of his fans and the sport while doing what he loves and giving something back- even riding a to the finale KTM is a nice hat tip and a gesture.
lumpy790
6/3/2020 11:04am
Ever broken a rib? At 38 Chad has had some brutal injuries including broken ribs this year and it is taking its toll on his body.

It is a Shame Chad missed 1 race after re-injuring his ribs a 2nd time but he has gritted his teeth and raced his way into the main events consistently beating riders in better shape and 1/2 his age.

Hope he continues to put the kids to shame.
spimx
6/3/2020 12:55pm
jemcee wrote:
well I graduated high school in 2004 never studdied just smoked weed and rode motocross the whole time
Brent
6/3/2020 1:15pm
spimx wrote:
well I graduated high school in 2004 never studdied just smoked weed and rode motocross the whole time
...not something to be proud of, or even admit for a person in their Mid-30's

"studdied"?

I feel dumber just reading this thread...

DonM
6/3/2020 2:05pm
jemcee wrote:
spimx wrote:
Well that explains everything....
Lightning78
6/4/2020 12:12am
He sure came back swinging tonight on thus KTM hes been praising, again rode really good in his heat race only seemingly to avoid the LCQ and mustered a 17th?

Somehow I feel like he didnt finish the race again, did he at least ride the rlentire main or did he pull off with what will be the same reason that others dnf'd for?

I'm sorry but it comes off disrespectful ride top 10 speed in the heat and clearly drop way off in the main bec he MADE the main. There are plenty of struggling privateers that make what little living they can by getting into the main and striving to get better as an up and coming 450 sx professional.

"Well I'll bet YOU cant beat CR22 can you?" Response #1 I cant wait to read bec it shows you clearly missed my point.

"Well (rider x) needs to be able to beat Chad" response #2 that shows you missed 50% of my point.

To ME its disrespectful to have the skill, ability, and bike to run top 10 every round in Utah and to me it looks like he negatively sandbags the main bec he makes it in riding his ass off in the heat to avoid going to the LCQ receiving the max amount of rest before lining up for the main. It LOOKS LIKE doesnt have enough respect for riders working their way up as he takes his spot in the main for granted.

Can you honestly say Chad rides the main with his full potential like he does in the Heat? That's where I have a problem with what hes doing our there, hes been every bit as bad as he was the year he couldnt walk for the first half of the season on the Hunsky bec he was injured and that's acceptable but not even trying in the main where a privateer that lives off income from making misses the main by 1 spot and watches Chad ride around like hes on a 20 min parade lap out of his own sense of entitlement, hes earned it but it doesnt make it right to exercise it and ride like hes has no intention of being competitive except for the random 2 or 3 rounds where the talented former 2 time CHAMP feels like showing up. I cant imagine that sits well with the rider that misses the main by 1 spot every week this year/sx season.

It comes of disrespectful to the rider that gets a hard fought 5th in the 450 lcq.

Flame away ....

Post a reply to: Banning LEGEND22 haters.

The Latest