Bakers factory must be confident in the future of the sport

PJRAUS
Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 1:26am
I found the video on racer X of the baker factory tour 2 to be very interesting
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6oCs9QVYx3o

A nice walk through the new facilities and Aldon spoke about the commitment he needed from his teams to go ahead and get the loan to finance the new building that comprises 5 separate garages ,each with their own bathroom in the one building and it's a brick building,tiled roof ,air con ..everything.
Must have cost a huge amount of money..

I was just thinking....looking at the new building, that it wouldn't be much good for anything other than what it was designed for....that if the sport goes pear shaped...racing...at least at the level he is working with ,encounters serious troubles financing itself in the future...his property there is pretty over capitalised with this new building.

Looks an awesome facility to me....sure would love to go there and see it....damn dream world for a moto head for absolute certain....
Was just thinking about how local racing is disappearing so quickly it seems....and how much longer can the elite level continue without a solid and growing rather than shrinking grass roots level to the sport.

I sure would hate to get stuck with a big loan on a purpose built facility like that that may not necessarily be easily sold on the basis of its capital improvements should something go wrong...

I'm sure it's all fine, the guy is obviously nobody's fool...
I guess it's just that I don't have that much confidence in the future of racing myself..
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
3/25/2018 5:14am
Yeah. That’s cheap construction bro....

Laminate countertops, $100 dollar Husky lockers from Home Depot.... nothing flashy
BAMX
3/25/2018 11:39am
kaboom645 wrote:
Business 101..Always use other peoples money.
New business 101....Incorporate....Then buy everything on credit using best case scenario business model. Pay yourself a big salary and get business to pay for everything and I mean everything you legally can. If it works out, you did well. If it doesn't work out, run your business credit and vendors accounts to the max so that you can keep up your lifestyle up until you are forced to file for bankruptcy.

The Shop

PJRAUS
3/25/2018 2:17pm
RedDirtDog wrote:
tiled roof? lol thats cheap shingles Tongue
Really? I missed that, just assumed it was tiles... Still, it looks pretty impressive.

Some interesting comments about business plans...
JB 19
3/25/2018 2:35pm
I think the money will always be there at the very top of the sport. The wild card I see is that like other pro sports, motocross is a copy cat sport. All it would take is something like everyone to all of a sudden think that you HAVE to train in the altitude somewhere to be the best.....or thinking that training alone, like Carmichael eventually started doing because he didn't want his secrets getting out, is preferred.

For the time being, it seems like Central Florida has a good foot hold.
Tim507
3/25/2018 4:45pm
kaboom645 wrote:
BAMX wrote:
New business 101....Incorporate....Then buy everything on credit using best case scenario business model. Pay yourself a big salary and get business to pay for everything and...
New business 101....Incorporate....Then buy everything on credit using best case scenario business model. Pay yourself a big salary and get business to pay for everything and I mean everything you legally can. If it works out, you did well. If it doesn't work out, run your business credit and vendors accounts to the max so that you can keep up your lifestyle up until you are forced to file for bankruptcy.
Hahahah - not a chance, if your a small player the lenders (banks) will ask for a personal guarantee or no lending. Same for CC - these loan sharks have the game figured. A C Corp or a LLC or even a Sub S - all mean jack - unless you connected a a level that is far above the common man.....I've done that thrill ride......
BAMX
3/25/2018 7:55pm
kaboom645 wrote:
BAMX wrote:
New business 101....Incorporate....Then buy everything on credit using best case scenario business model. Pay yourself a big salary and get business to pay for everything and...
Tim507 wrote:
Hahahah - not a chance, if your a small player the lenders (banks) will ask for a personal guarantee or no lending. Same for CC -...
Hahahah - not a chance, if your a small player the lenders (banks) will ask for a personal guarantee or no lending. Same for CC - these loan sharks have the game figured. A C Corp or a LLC or even a Sub S - all mean jack - unless you connected a a level that is far above the common man.....I've done that thrill ride......
True...It is best done by someone who already has money. They get around it by buying a running business with established credit and then running it dry. I have seen some crazy shit. The total lack of remorse is the most mind blowing.
Joe512
3/26/2018 5:55am
PJRAUS wrote:
I found the video on racer X of the baker factory tour 2 to be very interesting https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6oCs9QVYx3o A nice walk through the new facilities and...
I found the video on racer X of the baker factory tour 2 to be very interesting
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6oCs9QVYx3o

A nice walk through the new facilities and Aldon spoke about the commitment he needed from his teams to go ahead and get the loan to finance the new building that comprises 5 separate garages ,each with their own bathroom in the one building and it's a brick building,tiled roof ,air con ..everything.
Must have cost a huge amount of money..

I was just thinking....looking at the new building, that it wouldn't be much good for anything other than what it was designed for....that if the sport goes pear shaped...racing...at least at the level he is working with ,encounters serious troubles financing itself in the future...his property there is pretty over capitalised with this new building.

Looks an awesome facility to me....sure would love to go there and see it....damn dream world for a moto head for absolute certain....
Was just thinking about how local racing is disappearing so quickly it seems....and how much longer can the elite level continue without a solid and growing rather than shrinking grass roots level to the sport.

I sure would hate to get stuck with a big loan on a purpose built facility like that that may not necessarily be easily sold on the basis of its capital improvements should something go wrong...

I'm sure it's all fine, the guy is obviously nobody's fool...
I guess it's just that I don't have that much confidence in the future of racing myself..
That building didn't cost that much to build. It's not much different then people's house garages, he just divided it all up.

Post a reply to: Bakers factory must be confident in the future of the sport

The Latest