Baker's Boys leading again

Sully
3/4/2018 10:00pm
This series is still heavily weighted towards conditioning. I'd like to see it less so. Having only the most elite of the elite always win gets...
This series is still heavily weighted towards conditioning. I'd like to see it less so. Having only the most elite of the elite always win gets boring. I'd like more variety. To me the sport should not be a triathalon, more of a sprint. I noticed in a few interviews a few riders whose facial features seem a bit more "pronounced". So there's that too, not talking about Aldon's boys. But what it takes to become elite renders most of the other efforts just for show, not really competitive.

The point system designed to keep stretching the winner further out of reach will continue to make for a boring season. 1 point difference serves the purpose of keeping them closer together to where they don't lay up.

Who's my rider again? There's nothing personal about wanting to improve the entertainment factor.
So, if I read this right, you're saying that there's too many guys with high endurance in our endurance sport? I'll be the first to admit that doesn't make any sense.
deluxeman
3/5/2018 8:10am
There is a reason why KTM/Husky signed a exclusive with Aldon. Maybe Pit Beirer and Roger DeCoster are a little smarter than you think they are. Didn't Herlings come over last year to work with Baker for a few weeks before Ironman?

Johnny Depp
3/5/2018 9:41am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 9:43am
This series is still heavily weighted towards conditioning. I'd like to see it less so. Having only the most elite of the elite always win gets...
This series is still heavily weighted towards conditioning. I'd like to see it less so. Having only the most elite of the elite always win gets boring. I'd like more variety. To me the sport should not be a triathalon, more of a sprint. I noticed in a few interviews a few riders whose facial features seem a bit more "pronounced". So there's that too, not talking about Aldon's boys. But what it takes to become elite renders most of the other efforts just for show, not really competitive.

The point system designed to keep stretching the winner further out of reach will continue to make for a boring season. 1 point difference serves the purpose of keeping them closer together to where they don't lay up.

Who's my rider again? There's nothing personal about wanting to improve the entertainment factor.
Sully wrote:
So, if I read this right, you're saying that there's too many guys with high endurance in our endurance sport? I'll be the first to admit...
So, if I read this right, you're saying that there's too many guys with high endurance in our endurance sport? I'll be the first to admit that doesn't make any sense.
We saw Craig hit the conditioning wall hard at around 6 minutes, got passed by 4 guys in 1/2 a lap. Hill did the same thing to some degree last week. By the way, these are not even the top guys in the 250 class and they can go to the front in the 450's. Why do we have 2 classes again?

What I'm saying, is that the triple crown format has proven that in the short motos, there are many riders who can get a start and put in a bunch of laps before they start sucking wind. After that, just my opinion here, but the riders that have no life and no diet and may use PEDs or have TUE's (we don't know) start to separate themselves and we end up with predictable results and little passing after 10-12 minutes.

The Shop

Asimo
3/5/2018 9:58am
We saw Craig hit the conditioning wall hard at around 6 minutes, got passed by 4 guys in 1/2 a lap. Hill did the same thing...
We saw Craig hit the conditioning wall hard at around 6 minutes, got passed by 4 guys in 1/2 a lap. Hill did the same thing to some degree last week. By the way, these are not even the top guys in the 250 class and they can go to the front in the 450's. Why do we have 2 classes again?

What I'm saying, is that the triple crown format has proven that in the short motos, there are many riders who can get a start and put in a bunch of laps before they start sucking wind. After that, just my opinion here, but the riders that have no life and no diet and may use PEDs or have TUE's (we don't know) start to separate themselves and we end up with predictable results and little passing after 10-12 minutes.
Hard to say, but if these guys cant last 12 minutes, they are simply not doing their jobs.

John Tomac said motocross isn't even an endurance sport in the sense of endurance.
Johnny Depp
3/5/2018 10:27am
We saw Craig hit the conditioning wall hard at around 6 minutes, got passed by 4 guys in 1/2 a lap. Hill did the same thing...

Asimo wrote:
Hard to say, but if these guys cant last 12 minutes, they are simply not doing their jobs. John Tomac said motocross isn't even an endurance...
Hard to say, but if these guys cant last 12 minutes, they are simply not doing their jobs.

John Tomac said motocross isn't even an endurance sport in the sense of endurance.
I'm not a fan because these guys are some elite endurance examples. I want to see a race that involves head to head, elbow to elbow competition. The longer the races, the less that happens. Purely from an entertainment standpoint, nothing to do with tradition. Feld has hit on something with the shorter motos.

At the Olympics, no one feels like the guys winning the 100, 200 and 400 sprint or hurdles are any less athletes (they may use more PED's) than the guys that do the mile and the marathon. They just happen to be much more exciting to watch.
3/5/2018 10:51am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 10:51am
Dungey would be 50 points ahead of JA21 if he wouldn’t Of retired. Triple crown events? RD5 woulda swept ‘em. Mopped the field.
SwingHard
3/5/2018 12:55pm

Asimo wrote:
Hard to say, but if these guys cant last 12 minutes, they are simply not doing their jobs. John Tomac said motocross isn't even an endurance...

I'm not a fan because these guys are some elite endurance examples. I want to see a race that involves head to head, elbow to elbow...
I'm not a fan because these guys are some elite endurance examples. I want to see a race that involves head to head, elbow to elbow competition. The longer the races, the less that happens. Purely from an entertainment standpoint, nothing to do with tradition. Feld has hit on something with the shorter motos.

At the Olympics, no one feels like the guys winning the 100, 200 and 400 sprint or hurdles are any less athletes (they may use more PED's) than the guys that do the mile and the marathon. They just happen to be much more exciting to watch.
Herschel Walker just ripped his shirt off!
Of course nobody thinks that! The Sprinter wins out all day as far as being the pure athlete.

Post a reply to: Baker's Boys leading again

The Latest