Baker's Boys leading again

Johnny Depp
3/4/2018 7:29am
Anderson and Marvin 1-2. We've seen this movie before.

The series may already be over with the giant points gap. Let's throw out 1 finish at least huh?
|
RangerLee
3/4/2018 7:44am
What bothers you more, that it is a couple of riders training with Baker or your rider being so far behind in points?
p0wn
3/4/2018 7:46am
Feelin bad for Tickle right now.
Johnny Depp
3/4/2018 8:58am
RangerLee wrote:
What bothers you more, that it is a couple of riders training with Baker or your rider being so far behind in points?
This series is still heavily weighted towards conditioning. I'd like to see it less so. Having only the most elite of the elite always win gets boring. I'd like more variety. To me the sport should not be a triathalon, more of a sprint. I noticed in a few interviews a few riders whose facial features seem a bit more "pronounced". So there's that too, not talking about Aldon's boys. But what it takes to become elite renders most of the other efforts just for show, not really competitive.

The point system designed to keep stretching the winner further out of reach will continue to make for a boring season. 1 point difference serves the purpose of keeping them closer together to where they don't lay up.

Who's my rider again? There's nothing personal about wanting to improve the entertainment factor.
hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
3/4/2018 9:02am
p0wn wrote:
Feelin bad for Tickle right now.
Aside from some gnarly injury, I dont think Broc's night could have possibly gone any worse.

The Shop

51xc
3/4/2018 9:04am
I don't get it...a baker boy is leading already all season.
Johnny Depp
3/4/2018 9:13am
51xc wrote:
There was one. Now there are 2. 1 coming from way back in the points. The argument is now twice as strong.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
3/4/2018 9:13am
When was the last time a Baker rider didn’t win the 450 SX or Outdoor championship?
agn5009
3/4/2018 9:44am
I thought Anderson no longer trained with baker?
agn5009
3/4/2018 9:45am
When was the last time a Baker rider didn’t win the 450 SX or Outdoor championship?
Outdoors last year
3/4/2018 10:33am
RangerLee wrote:
This series is still heavily weighted towards conditioning. I'd like to see it less so. Having only the most elite of the elite always win gets...
This series is still heavily weighted towards conditioning. I'd like to see it less so. Having only the most elite of the elite always win gets boring. I'd like more variety. To me the sport should not be a triathalon, more of a sprint. I noticed in a few interviews a few riders whose facial features seem a bit more "pronounced". So there's that too, not talking about Aldon's boys. But what it takes to become elite renders most of the other efforts just for show, not really competitive.

The point system designed to keep stretching the winner further out of reach will continue to make for a boring season. 1 point difference serves the purpose of keeping them closer together to where they don't lay up.

Who's my rider again? There's nothing personal about wanting to improve the entertainment factor.
Is there another sport that caters to the collective laziness of the herd the way you're suggesting SX should? They are pro athletes. If they dont want to do what is necessary to compete at that level (with regards to training and dedication) then they are just talented hobbyists.

I agree with you on some of your points. The injuries are a problem that need to be addressed. Tracks could get a lot safer. We agree on that, but I think we disagree on the solution or where the root issues are. I think teams need to do a better job of who they decide to sign and market as the faces of the sport. Find more Dungey's and less dick brains. The teams constantly get distracted by the "talent" or "charisma" of a rider but what good is it if that rider cant make it thru a season?

And lastly, none of this is a major issue if their was ONE premier championship. The talent pool is spread too thin. Take the best guys from Europe, America, the 450 and 250's and put them all on the same line. The sport then doesnt falter when Tomac goes basket case or Roczen decides to rip up his other hand over a chic.

And Im not a big fan of the scoring either. I wish it simply when by your average finish. Artificially weighting winning more is just that, artificial.

Tell me who had the best average finish at the end of the season and that is who the best rider was that year, end of discussion.

DonM
3/4/2018 10:35am
agn5009 wrote:
He's still with him and has said he will be until the end of his career
agn5009
3/4/2018 10:46am
agn5009 wrote:
DonM wrote:
He's still with him and has said he will be until the end of his career
I see. I don't know why I thought they parted ways.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
3/4/2018 10:49am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 10:50am
Anderson and Marvin 1-2. We've seen this movie before. The series may already be over with the giant points gap. Let's throw out 1 finish at...
Anderson and Marvin 1-2. We've seen this movie before.

The series may already be over with the giant points gap. Let's throw out 1 finish at least huh?
It’s about time for Anderson and Marvin to announce their early retirements

Nobody makes you hate riding like the Baker factory
TeamGreen
3/4/2018 11:09am
Wait a damn minute!

A Whole Helluva LOT OF Y’ALL were saying...

Jason LEFT Aldon...
Or...
Marvin and Jason broke up and even split the cats up...
Or...
It’s all over and the Series is boring...
Etc...
Etc...
Etc...

I was there, last-night:

Not one thing about it was boring...AT ALL.
The Stadium is nice; but, typical of anything named Mercedes Benz...some of the cool shit DON’T WORK!
(The Roof Don’t Open. Those of us that have owned ML’s know this problem).
Weston injured the track.
The various mains had various winners.
The racing was awesome.
ZachO is pissed.
Marvin looked good.
Jason looked good.
Eli was Triple-Flying LIKE A BOSS; BUT! He, too, I pissed...
At himself. When I commented that he was crushing it the Combos...he responded...
“Pfffft! Sure, for 3rd! Not STOKED!”
I think I like that! The dude wants to win.
Period.
MPJC
Fantasy
702nd
3/4/2018 11:16am
RangerLee wrote:
This series is still heavily weighted towards conditioning. I'd like to see it less so. Having only the most elite of the elite always win gets...

I'm not sure I'm understanding the point here. So, the series is designed so that the best athlete comes out on top, and this is not ideal? If it were more of a sprint, someone like Mookie would have a shot (he often looks fantastic in heat races), but I don't see this as an improvement. There is something impressive about being able to put it together and hold it together over a long, gruelling series. Isn't that something that adds value to winning a championship? How can that be a bad thing? I take it that the answer is that it puts the title out of reach for others too early in the season - but that's just a product of someone winning or finishing well consistently, hardly something that deserves punishment.
KDXGarage
3/4/2018 12:09pm
51xc wrote:
There was one. Now there are 2. 1 coming from way back in the points. The argument is now twice as strong.
Roczen was second, gets injured, Marvin moves up
Barcia was second, gets injured, Marvin moves up

If Anderson could get injured too, then Marvin can move up one more spot

What does Aldon Baker have to do with Roczen getting injured, Barcia getting injured, Tomac hurting his shoulder, etc.??

Anderson has a "pretty much cruise to the championship" points lead because of others bad luck, not domination or Aldon Baker.
3/4/2018 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 2:02pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Roczen was second, gets injured, Marvin moves up Barcia was second, gets injured, Marvin moves up If Anderson could get injured too, then Marvin can move...

What does Aldon Baker have to do with Roczen getting injured, Barcia getting injured, Tomac hurting his shoulder, etc.??

Anderson has a "pretty much cruise to the championship" points lead because of others bad luck, not domination or Aldon Baker.
Anderson is not in this position because of others bad luck, he's in this position because he's held it together while the competition hasn't. Jason's been solid as a rock and to say it's just luck is ridiculous. The only guy that you could argue had a bit of bad luck is Barcia, but even then he messed up the rhythm forcing him to double the triple. They were/are hurt due to their own mistakes.
3/4/2018 12:27pm
Tomac last year lol
akillerwombat
3/4/2018 12:32pm
Oh no, a group of dedicated and talented champion caliber riders have decided to work with a trainer that has a history of working dedicated and talented champions and together they are winning championships!!!
3/4/2018 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 1:08pm
Roczen not even two years ago also won outdoors. Smoked em all without Baker. So the more physically demanding of the two series has been won by somebody other than one of Baker's riders the past two seasons.
Lightning78
3/4/2018 2:01pm
I dont know if anyone looked at the standings at the end of the race but both Anderson and Tomac have 4 wins each
agn5009
3/4/2018 5:20pm
51xc wrote:
KDXGarage wrote:
Roczen was second, gets injured, Marvin moves up Barcia was second, gets injured, Marvin moves up If Anderson could get injured too, then Marvin can move...

Anderson has won 4 overalls out of 9 races.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
3/4/2018 6:17pm
RangerLee wrote:

Imo the best way to
Equal the playing field is
Some production
Rules
As of Now they take the Best most elite riders
And put them on the Best fastest lightest trick bikes .
How about they all Run box stock motors
Just as it would be from the show room floor.
That would equal it out
Plus be safer as it would slow them down a little bit.
DonM
3/4/2018 6:34pm
RangerLee wrote:

Tarz483 wrote:
Imo the best way to Equal the playing field is Some production Rules As of Now they take the Best most elite riders And put them...
Imo the best way to
Some production
Rules
That would equal it out
The best would still win...wouldn't equal anything...
3/4/2018 6:57pm
RangerLee wrote:

Tarz483 wrote:
Imo the best way to Equal the playing field is Some production Rules As of Now they take the Best most elite riders And put them...
Imo the best way to
Some production
Rules
That would equal it out
Best guys would still win on stock bikes
Akira
3/4/2018 7:14pm
agn5009 wrote:
Outdoors last year
2016 outdoors as well. Kenny was off the baker program
lmao clearly Joe knows his stuff
Just did the math and for this decade you gotta add as non-Baker Dungey's 2010 SX and MX plus 2012 MX for a total of 5 non-Baker titles. So out of 14 (15 if counting 2018 SX) Baker has been the trainer behind 10 titles (2/3), impressive! (tied the GOAT without adding RC titles). I guess Baker (the GOAT trainer) is the one that should retire but he's not doing so in the foreseeable future.

Note: KR was with Baker in 2014 when he got his first 2014 MX title.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
3/4/2018 8:09pm
Aldon Baker, turning champions into champions since 2001.

Post a reply to: Baker's Boys leading again

The Latest