Baggett this year

Cliffy615
Fantasy
2899th
He's been pretty good this year but not got that crazy speed from last year anyone got any info as to what might be holding him back? The series is better when el chupacabra rather than baggett is riding!
|
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
7/24/2018 4:25am
Win he was winning and talking a little shit it was great. Could really use that this year.
downard254
7/24/2018 4:26am
I thought someone mentioned a month or so ago that they are on a new chassis and he’s maybe not as comfortable as he was on last years model.

The Shop

IWreckALot
7/24/2018 6:05am
Prejump wrote:
Or the others got faster.
Yeah. Eli and Musquin are significantly faster this year it seems. Only anecdotal evidence to prove that.
7/24/2018 6:07am
Maybe instead of investing in all that property he should have invested in a famous dad Wink
kkawboy14
7/24/2018 6:21am
Maybe instead of investing in all that property he should have invested in a famous dad Wink
He tried that already but they were all taken!
7/24/2018 6:22am
I know he is dealing with a few small injuries and the new bike. A few small things can add up to a big problem.
kkawboy14
7/24/2018 6:28am
I know he is dealing with a few small injuries and the new bike. A few small things can add up to a big problem.
It does seem like he is WAY off this year.
7/24/2018 6:31am
kkawboy14 wrote:
It does seem like he is WAY off this year.
Yeah, not the best year for us Baggett fans. His finishes wouldn't be as bad except for a few top 10 guys are out.
KYFHO699
7/24/2018 6:50am
He hasn't been the same ever since that thumb injury last year at Red Bud.
Crush
7/24/2018 7:11am
downard254 wrote:
I thought someone mentioned a month or so ago that they are on a new chassis and he’s maybe not as comfortable as he was on...
I thought someone mentioned a month or so ago that they are on a new chassis and he’s maybe not as comfortable as he was on last years model.
That was a post I put up. All KTM/Husky teams are on the new bike. He seemed better last year. Wandered if they could go to the old frame.

Apparently I need to ride more. Crazy!
TDeath21
7/24/2018 7:40am
He’s just not as good this year. Simple as that. Gone are the days when we have a rider good enough to be consistently there. Weak field right now so everyone is going to have a roller coaster career results wise. We got so used to McGrath, Carmichael, Villopoto, and Dungey just always being amazing and at the top that we forgot they’re rare and arguably the top four to ever do it on this side of the pond. We have regressed into an era where nobody is an all time great and this is how it’s going to be. Roczen maybe could have been that next guy, but unfortunately it’s not looking like it after that arm injury.
aroark247
7/24/2018 8:04am
IMO A lot of people on this site gave him and Musquin way too much credit, simply for the fact that they dislike Eli.

That's very similar to how women make decisions, by emotion and not facts.
BroFoSho
7/24/2018 8:26am
He nabbed 5 podiums in supercross so I'm not sure what the deal is
NateDawg
7/24/2018 8:29am
Baggett is about where he's always been in the 450 class. He beat Tomac like 1 or 2 times and people made that a regular expectation. Baggett has never been a legitimate 450 contender and I think the hype on him from last year is just coming back down to Earth. Not trying to be insulting to Blake, it just seems like that's the case.
7/24/2018 1:12pm
NateDawg wrote:
Baggett is about where he's always been in the 450 class. He beat Tomac like 1 or 2 times and people made that a regular expectation...
Baggett is about where he's always been in the 450 class. He beat Tomac like 1 or 2 times and people made that a regular expectation. Baggett has never been a legitimate 450 contender and I think the hype on him from last year is just coming back down to Earth. Not trying to be insulting to Blake, it just seems like that's the case.
Tough pill to swallow for some people but thats reality.
7/24/2018 1:43pm
NateDawg wrote:
Baggett is about where he's always been in the 450 class. He beat Tomac like 1 or 2 times and people made that a regular expectation...
I personally don't think this is true.

He can have some amazing speed sometimes, then the next year hes just off.

He didn't just beat Tomac a couple moto's, he blew by him.

Maybe I am wrong.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
7/24/2018 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 1:59pm
NateDawg wrote:
Agree, I mean if he really was making those huge strides in his career than wouldn't he have a better ride? He signed back up with rmatvmc quick.. I mean I know RMATVMC ktm isn't bad at all and probably the closest to factory compared to other secondary teams but still, they don't have team depth and no history as far as knowing what a champion needs. I think Baggett would look good next to barcia on factory yam since coop is a flop.
Pigspit
7/24/2018 2:13pm
Did Baggett get a little extra attention/support from KTM in 2016 and 2017 due to the absence of Dungey then Canard? That, plus a new bike this season would put him a bit behind in bike setup compared to what we saw the past two seasons.
kkawboy14
7/24/2018 2:27pm
NateDawg wrote:
I personally don't think this is true. He can have some amazing speed sometimes, then the next year hes just off. He didn't just beat Tomac...
I personally don't think this is true.

He can have some amazing speed sometimes, then the next year hes just off.

He didn't just beat Tomac a couple moto's, he blew by him.

Maybe I am wrong.
I think your right. Seemed like he had a lot of speed but hit the ground last year, this year he isn’t even in the discussion
7/24/2018 3:52pm
Pigspit wrote:
Did Baggett get a little extra attention/support from KTM in 2016 and 2017 due to the absence of Dungey then Canard? That, plus a new bike...
Did Baggett get a little extra attention/support from KTM in 2016 and 2017 due to the absence of Dungey then Canard? That, plus a new bike this season would put him a bit behind in bike setup compared to what we saw the past two seasons.
I have my doubts that he got extra help from KTM while on a Suzuki in 2016. As for 2017 he may have but I doubt that too. As far as I know he has access to all the same parts as the Red Bull team but I have no inside knowledge whatsoever.
7/24/2018 4:00pm
aroark247 wrote:
IMO A lot of people on this site gave him and Musquin way too much credit, simply for the fact that they dislike Eli. That's very...
IMO A lot of people on this site gave him and Musquin way too much credit, simply for the fact that they dislike Eli.

There's no question Eli is the best guy right now. But to say Musquin, who has the highest average finish this season and is the only guy able to CONSISTENTLY battle Eli has been given "too much credit" is, um, kinda ignoring facts. Wink
gt80rider
7/24/2018 4:10pm
A lot of big talk, with not so big results, and that isn't cool.

Yet, Baggett has the ability to wake up tomorrow and wax everybody out there, including ET3. But maybe not, he has had a bunch of bad injuries that have to be making much harder.
gnarwhip
7/24/2018 5:24pm
According to his Fly commercial, he’s all sad that no one texts him anymore.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
7/24/2018 5:28pm
aroark247 wrote:
IMO A lot of people on this site gave him and Musquin way too much credit, simply for the fact that they dislike Eli. That's very...

As much as I dislike Eli, this post is accurate. Nobody is or has been as fast as Eli the majority of the time for quite awhile.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
7/24/2018 5:48pm
He sucks. He should quit. Hire Ronnie Mac.
Yep. This is obviously the solution. If only we could pass the message onto him somehow
djc
7/24/2018 6:15pm
I am a Blake fan but it was odd to me he did not drop out of supercross to get his injury fixed or to let it totally heal, then come in hot for outdoors. Because of this along with not hearing one thing about him flying at the test track I did not expect much. I feel something is going on that is not being said, but hopefully next year will be better

Post a reply to: Baggett this year

The Latest