Baggett, Tomac or Barcia for the title??

mccread
Edited Date/Time 9/6/2012 8:02am
It's getting quite exciting.

A 3-4 for Baggett is totally probable, but if Musquin is feeling better, you will have the five guys on the same pace again, if he gets a bad start or goes down it could be hard to make up the difference. He has never been in this position either for a championship, so the pressure is really on.

I had picked Tomac for the championship at the start of the year, but I think Baggett will just do enough to hold on to the title, and I think he will be doing everything he can to win the first moto.

It could get rough, the Geico guys won't be scared to run it in on him.
|
Arkmx
9/5/2012 7:59am

Tomac by 1.

EastFlorida
9/5/2012 8:00am
This will be an epic race! A great test for BB to see if he can hold up under the pressure. The strongest statement he can make, to those second guessing his choice on the MXdN team, would be to win both motos. A tough order, no doubt, but it would send a strong message that he has "arrived". Good luck to all of them and this will be great (please, no 1st turn pile ups)!
Denn700
9/5/2012 8:16am
I still think BB is the fastest 250 rider right now. You could tell by his demeanor in the interviews that he has been playing it safe the last few rounds. I think if he needs to he will step it up.
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
9/5/2012 8:21am
BB may be playing it safe but Tomac has truly evolved in the last half of the season. Baggett will probablty prevail but kudos to Tomac for the comeback in points.

The Shop

jamma10
9/5/2012 8:24am
This will be an epic race! A great test for BB to see if he can hold up under the pressure. The strongest statement he can...
This will be an epic race! A great test for BB to see if he can hold up under the pressure. The strongest statement he can make, to those second guessing his choice on the MXdN team, would be to win both motos. A tough order, no doubt, but it would send a strong message that he has "arrived". Good luck to all of them and this will be great (please, no 1st turn pile ups)!
Have you seen the photos and track animation? The start straight is so short its bound to play some kind of role in the outcome of Saturday I'd say. I predict lots of carnage!
DL
9/5/2012 8:29am
BB wil get it done IMHO.
Cook441
9/5/2012 8:31am
you cant play it safe and get third IMO- Bagget, Barcia, and Kroc- can run top times till the end which means playing it safe is a fourth- Bogle will be given some team orders to do all he can to get in front of BB...you know this and theres a lot of others with something to prove----gonna be epic I hope-
mjskier
9/5/2012 8:36am
Denn700 wrote:
I still think BB is the fastest 250 rider right now. You could tell by his demeanor in the interviews that he has been playing it...
I still think BB is the fastest 250 rider right now. You could tell by his demeanor in the interviews that he has been playing it safe the last few rounds. I think if he needs to he will step it up.
Leaving the championship to the last round is never a good idea. It's not like Pro Circuit hasn't been in this situation before...
Xeno
9/5/2012 8:38am
mccread wrote:
It's getting quite exciting. A 3-4 for Baggett is totally probable, but if Musquin is feeling better, you will have the five guys on the same...

A 3-4 for Baggett is totally probable, but if Musquin is feeling better, you will have the five guys on the same pace again, if he gets a bad start or goes down it could be hard to make up the difference. He has never been in this position either for a championship, so the pressure is really on.

I had picked Tomac for the championship at the start of the year, but I think Baggett will just do enough to hold on to the title, and I think he will be doing everything he can to win the first moto.

I don't think, in a million years, there is any way Musquin will finish these motos better than Baggett. Blake has easily rode past Musquin all summer.

And I'm a Tomac fan.
TeamGreen
9/5/2012 8:41am
mccread wrote:
It's getting quite exciting. A 3-4 for Baggett is totally probable, but if Musquin is feeling better, you will have the five guys on the same...

Xeno wrote:
I don't think, in a million years, there is any way Musquin will finish these motos better than Baggett. Blake has easily rode past Musquin all...
I don't think, in a million years, there is any way Musquin will finish these motos better than Baggett. Blake has easily rode past Musquin all summer.

And I'm a Tomac fan.
Pffffft!

Honda-types!

Pfffft!
tns
9/5/2012 8:44am
With it being a supercross type track i think bb's balls out speed will not help too much those with decent sx skills will get it done this weekend so i expect to see some others mixing it up early on in the moto not just the usual 5
Xeno
9/5/2012 9:17am
I think the track looks very Hangtown-ish. And we all know what Baggett did there.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/5/2012 9:35am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2012 9:36am
Barring an unexpected DNF or crash (think Pourcel a couple years ago) I would be surprised to not see Baggett holding the plate on Saturday afternoon. He has looked tentative the last four motos...still plenty fast, but not the guy we saw at say Red Bud, Millville, and Washougal. I think that has to do with the rutty conditions of the last couple races.

Eli is 100 percent pinning it, and leaving nothing on the table. Like he said, if he hadn't made the mistake and hit the tree at Southwick, or had a bad moto at Unadilla, things might be a whole lot closer.
mccread
9/5/2012 10:15am
Cook441 wrote:
you cant play it safe and get third IMO- Bagget, Barcia, and Kroc- can run top times till the end which means playing it safe is...
you cant play it safe and get third IMO- Bagget, Barcia, and Kroc- can run top times till the end which means playing it safe is a fourth- Bogle will be given some team orders to do all he can to get in front of BB...you know this and theres a lot of others with something to prove----gonna be epic I hope-
That is another thing to take into account. If Hahn and Bogle get good starts they are pretty quick and could mess with Baggett a bit. Blake doesn't have the same help when it comes to teammates.

Also is Barcia in an awkward position? If Eli is winning, Barcia is second and Baggett say fourth/fifth. Will Barcia be allowed to pass Tomac?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
9/5/2012 10:26am
I think Baggett will win the title, but as they say, in MX anything can happen. I'm just glad we a battle in points for the championship in the last race.
St Ann More
9/5/2012 10:30am
Anything could happen but i think Baggett will get it done!
BKiller
9/5/2012 10:34am
I'm hoping for a great race. BB seems to be playing it TOO safe the last few rounds and now is forced to perform at a track nobody has ever raced before. Seems like BB has to beat the whole Geico team by himself this Saturday.
Hopefully 800 hasn't been giving the Geico guys any pointers on standing on bikes and going for kill switches.
(Sorry, I couldn't resist)
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/5/2012 10:40am
Cook441 wrote:
you cant play it safe and get third IMO- Bagget, Barcia, and Kroc- can run top times till the end which means playing it safe is...
mccread wrote:
That is another thing to take into account. If Hahn and Bogle get good starts they are pretty quick and could mess with Baggett a bit...
That is another thing to take into account. If Hahn and Bogle get good starts they are pretty quick and could mess with Baggett a bit. Blake doesn't have the same help when it comes to teammates.

Also is Barcia in an awkward position? If Eli is winning, Barcia is second and Baggett say fourth/fifth. Will Barcia be allowed to pass Tomac?
Baggett was behind Bogle in the second moto. As far as I could tell, there was no funny business when Blake worked his way by.
fgb729
9/5/2012 10:44am
I think Tomac goes 1-1 and Bagget pulls together what he needs to win the title. I also believe he's been playing it really safe the last few rounds.
SEE ARE125
9/5/2012 10:46am
So this "come from behind in the second half" tactic BB has been using in several races, Tomac has applied to the season as a whole. Interesting. Gonna be a barn burner!
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
9/5/2012 11:00am
I'm pulling for Barcia or Tomac, but the ball is definitely in Baggett's court, and I think he deserves the title if he gets it.
Ing
9/5/2012 11:57am
I'd for sure rather be in front in points than behind. Obvious I know but the pressure as I see it is on both the same.
Huckster
9/5/2012 12:12pm
Cook441 wrote:
mccread wrote:
That is another thing to take into account. If Hahn and Bogle get good starts they are pretty quick and could mess with Baggett a bit...

you're not serious right? Justin is just as much in the hunt as Eli is. He is 4 points back of Eli so if he were to go 1-1, Eli went 2-2 and BB has a bad moto the title is Justins.......Not out of the question especially if its a SX style track seeing how Barica dominated SX this year.
therealjonon
9/5/2012 12:42pm
Id like to see tomac come away with it just because of his late season charge ,but, i think baggett will play it smart enough to get it done....
mccread
9/5/2012 1:51pm
Cook441 wrote:
mccread wrote:

Huckster wrote:
you're not serious right? Justin is just as much in the hunt as Eli is. He is 4 points back of Eli so if he were...
you're not serious right? Justin is just as much in the hunt as Eli is. He is 4 points back of Eli so if he were to go 1-1, Eli went 2-2 and BB has a bad moto the title is Justins.......Not out of the question especially if its a SX style track seeing how Barica dominated SX this year.
If Barcia passes Eli say in race one and Tomac goes 2-1 on the day and Baggett goes 4-4. Barcia has just cost his team the title. Thats my points he is really close, and that is why he is in an awkward situation, this could come down to 1-2 points.
motomike137
9/5/2012 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2012 4:05pm
All three have raced their guts out... Barcia has become Mr Consistent (who would have thunk it?)... Tomac has caught fire and looks like last years Bagget... Bagget has been solidly the fastest guy when he has needed it or at least enough to have the upperhand going into the final round... I say Bagget rides a little tight again but comes away with it.
9/5/2012 4:49pm
Bagget will get it done, he smokes the cali tracks
saying that I'd love to see Tomac hold the plate.. should be a great race!
Rupert X
9/5/2012 6:24pm
Predicting some shenanigans and a brouhaha at this hootenanny, hombres.

All new track. Hooliganism, buffoonery and youthful exuberance will rear their frisky heads, and I cannot wait.

Good luck to all, and may the nacho chips fall where they roost.
9/5/2012 8:32pm
Baggett is a very creative rider. I see Barcia trying to mess with him.. but i think BB will be just fine. BB is not afraid to throw some love back.

Post a reply to: Baggett, Tomac or Barcia for the title??

The Latest