Baggett Signs New Multi-Year Deal with Team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC-KTM-WPS

Related:
Create New Tag

4/26/2018 7:04 PM

Tem Header 2018 Baggett
Payson, UT (Apr. 26, 2018) – Team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS is proud to announce the signing of Blake Baggett to a new three-year team agreement that will see Blake with the team through the 2021 racing season.

“I am extremely excited to announce my extended partnership with the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS team,” said Baggett. “The past two seasons have been what I was looking for in the 450 class, and I absolutely love the KTM. Working with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC as a title sponsor has brought the family part of racing back to me, and the same goes for the WPS/FLY Racing crew. The entire team has not only given me the tools I need to win but, most of all, the trust and comfort that I know I need to win a 450 championship. I am excited for what the future holds and just can’t thank all the team sponsors enough for putting this deal together.”

This will be a landmark for the team as it marks the first time the team has ever entered into a three-year agreement with a rider, and it shows the team believes in Baggett and his talents.

“We are very excited with this new chapter for both the team and Blake,” said team co-owner Forrest Butler. “The last two seasons, we have proven to work great together, and this was the next step that all parties involved were ready to take. Our goal, and Blake’s goal is to get race wins and championships – and that is what this three-year agreement is about for us. We believe in Blake as a rider, and Blake believes in us as a team. Now we can put our heads down for the next three years to go after our goals wide open.”

PR...

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC will remain the team title sponsor through the 2021 season. Western Powersports, along with FLY Racing, will continue as the team’s exclusive distribution and gear apparel sponsor, and KTM will stay on as the official factory-backed OEM motorcycle sponsor. All three sponsors have enjoyed different durations of time and success with the team, and all three are excited for what the future holds with their new team agreement with Baggett.

“We firmly believe in supporting the sport, and it’s hard to find a better way to do that than by serving as the title sponsor for such a strong team,” said Dan Thomas, CEO, and Founder of Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. “Of course, there are a lot of components that make up a strong team: good sponsors, strong management, and excellent riders. We’re happy to commit for an additional three years, and we’re excited to see Baggett return as well. The future is bright for Team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS!”

Says WPS & FLY Racing’s President / CEO Craig Shoemaker “We are proud to continue our long-term relationship with such a great athlete and ambassador to the FLY Racing/WPS brands. We look forward to many more race wins with Rocky Mountain – KTM – WPS and Blake Baggett in the future”

“We here at KTM are very happy with the Rocky Mountain Team renewing their agreement with Blake Baggett and for 3 years. With the Outdoors coming up soon, and knowing how well Blake did last year before his injury at RedBud, the increased commitment from Rocky Mountain should give Blake a lot of confidence moving forward”, said KTM’s VP of Racing – Roger DeCoster.

This renewed partnership between Blake Baggett and team sponsors will make Team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS stronger and solidifies them as one of the premier teams in the sport today.

Thank you to our 2018 sponsors:

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC | KTM | WPS
FLY Racing, Palmetto Motorsports, FMF Racing, Bubba Burger,, Engine Ice, Alpinestars, ODI, Scott, Galfer, Motorex, Acerbis, Seat Concepts, Decor Graphics, Sunstar, Regina Chains, WP Factory Services, Hinson Racing, DT-1, Dunlop, ASV, Motion Pro, Talon, Dubya,Excel, Loenbro Motosports, The W Training Facility,SoCal SuperTrucks, Gear, Truck Central, Safety-Kleen, Hurly, ETS Fuels, Beta Tools, ProPegs, Xtrig, San Diego Powder and Protective Coatings

Follow the team on social media:
Instagram: @teamrmatvmc
Facebook: @teamrmatvmc
Twitter: @teamrmatvmc

Team Website: www.teamrmatvmc.com

|

4/26/2018 7:07 PM

hes a great rider he deserves it..congrats

|

4/26/2018 7:20 PM

tp4 wrote:

hes a great rider he deserves it..congrats

^agreed! Good to hear!

|

4/26/2018 7:40 PM

Simply awesome

|

4/26/2018 7:42 PM

Hard work pays off kids

|

4/26/2018 7:46 PM

Lotta teams locking up their marquee rider with 3 year contracts..... except Yamaha grin
With teams locking up a rider for 3 years as its becoming a trend a lot more lately (yes i know 3 year deals have happened plenty of times) but these are the first handful post 2009 recession meltdown. With this happening there are a lot of potential marquee riders that will get that 2nd tier spot/ride which will pay considerably less and leave them with some very LIMITED options year in and year out.

|

4/26/2018 8:01 PM

He is my pick for this year's MX champion.

|

4/26/2018 8:32 PM

Dang, kind of surprised considering the Red Bull KTM team will have an opening this year right? Who would they rather have then Blake?

|

4/26/2018 8:48 PM

Just south of Paradise... wrote:

Dang, kind of surprised considering the Red Bull KTM team will have an opening this year right? Who would they rather have then Blake?

Blake's happy where he is at and the bike is the same as Red Bull KTM...not surprised at all

|

4/26/2018 9:33 PM

go BRAKE BRACKETTT. he was FMOP outdoors on PC for awhile. cant wait to see that again.

|

4/26/2018 10:21 PM

Cooper Webb next year.

|

4/26/2018 11:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2018 11:47 PM

Am I the only one who smirks when reading RMATVMCKTMWPS...

|

4/27/2018 12:17 AM

Awesome. I'm a huge Baggett fan. I really hope he kicks tomacs butt this year in mx.

|

4/27/2018 12:20 AM

Great reward for a hard working nice guy.

|

4/27/2018 4:16 AM

Looks like he "broke 'em" in negotiating... silly

|

4/27/2018 4:16 AM

mb60 wrote:

Cooper Webb next year.

Decoster once said he wont sign anyone who cant podium. Idk if webb is a good choice

|

4/27/2018 6:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2018 6:31 AM

Good for him, life is good. His little lady seems cool and he can maybe get a new tractor.

Hopefully his hand is feeling better for outdoors. Love RMATV’s website, good company.

The Man must love this “sat. team”, puts orange on the line and he can just concentrate on MM.

The second bike is speculated to be empty on RBKTM. All in on Moose. They can keep it at my place if they want.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

4/27/2018 6:36 AM

Smart lad, absolute beast on the bike. He's my pick for the nats once tomac has an implosion or two.

|

4/27/2018 6:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2018 7:50 AM

Good move from Baggett. The bike on the Red Bull team is not different in any major way and being on the official factory team would bring more pressure and expectations.

|

4/27/2018 6:51 AM

That's great news for both Blake & the team. Good for him.

|

4/27/2018 7:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2018 8:09 AM

He would have to train with Aldon Baker or at least at his place in Florida, that’s because of the new deal the two factory KTM and Husky teams have with him for his compound.

He has his own facility and probably likes to be the number one guy on the team, the bike is the same, you can see now why he signed the extension

I also heard there’s some tension between him Musquin and their respective groups, stories of them not being able to ride the KTM test track together, not even during the teams presentation before A1. That just adds to the fact this wouldn’t be an easy move for both parts

|

4/27/2018 8:02 AM

Marcello10 wrote:

He would have to train with Aldon Baker or at least at his place in Florida, that’s because of the new deal the two factory KTM and Husky teams have with him for his compound.

He has his own facility and probably likes to be the number one guy on the team, the bike is the same, you can see now why he signed the extension

I also heard there’s some tension between him Musquin and their respective groups, stories of them not being able to ride the KTM test track together, not even during the teams presentation before A1. That just adds to the fact this wouldn’t be an easy move for both parts

He actually wouldn't have to be on Baker's, as Canard didn't last year and Sean Cantrell with TLD this year (Sean is at Baggett's while the rest of the TLD team is at Baker's)

Baker's deal with KTM/Husqvarna allows their riders access to the compound but guarantees that Baker has at least four riders...as long as there's four riders the others can pick their own route.

But Baggett does have an advantage with his team, as they're a customer team and can swap parts to other brands if they want. By example they swapped mid-season, last year, from Neken to X-Trig because of rider preference.

|

4/27/2018 8:17 AM

Marcello10 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

He actually wouldn't have to be on Baker's, as Canard didn't last year and Sean Cantrell with TLD this year (Sean is at Baggett's while the rest of the TLD team is at Baker's)

Baker's deal with KTM/Husqvarna allows their riders access to the compound but guarantees that Baker has at least four riders...as long as there's four riders the others can pick their own route.

But Baggett does have an advantage with his team, as they're a customer team and can swap parts to other brands if they want. By example they swapped mid-season, last year, from Neken to X-Trig because of rider preference.

Well with Tickle out now I wonder who will take his place.. Baggett actually already worked with Baker back when he was at Pro Circuit

|

4/27/2018 8:35 AM

kb228 wrote:

Decoster once said he wont sign anyone who cant podium. Idk if webb is a good choice

Explain tickle then

|

4/27/2018 8:45 AM

mb60 wrote:

Cooper Webb next year.

kb228 wrote:

Barrzy256 wrote:

Explain tickle then

Tickle scored two podium finishes last year, Toronto and High Point

|

4/27/2018 8:47 AM

kb228 wrote:

Tickle

|

4/27/2018 11:15 AM

mb60 wrote:

Cooper Webb next year.

Lol... You think ktm is racing for 7th place?

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/27/2018 12:08 PM

mb60 wrote:

Cooper Webb next year.

gt80rider wrote:

Lol... You think ktm is racing for 7th place?

Who said anything as high as 7th Place?

|

11/17/2020 11:32 AM

GuyB wrote:

Tem Header 2018 Baggett
Payson, UT (Apr. 26, 2018) – Team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS is proud to announce the signing of Blake Baggett to a new three-year team agreement that will see Blake with the team through the 2021 racing season.

“I am extremely excited to announce my extended partnership with the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS team,” said Baggett. “The past two seasons have been what I was looking for in the 450 class, and I absolutely love the KTM. Working with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC as a title sponsor has brought the family part of racing back to me, and the same goes for the WPS/FLY Racing crew. The entire team has not only given me the tools I need to win but, most of all, the trust and comfort that I know I need to win a 450 championship. I am excited for what the future holds and just can’t thank all the team sponsors enough for putting this deal together.”

This will be a landmark for the team as it marks the first time the team has ever entered into a three-year agreement with a rider, and it shows the team believes in Baggett and his talents.

“We are very excited with this new chapter for both the team and Blake,” said team co-owner Forrest Butler. “The last two seasons, we have proven to work great together, and this was the next step that all parties involved were ready to take. Our goal, and Blake’s goal is to get race wins and championships – and that is what this three-year agreement is about for us. We believe in Blake as a rider, and Blake believes in us as a team. Now we can put our heads down for the next three years to go after our goals wide open.”

PR...

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC will remain the team title sponsor through the 2021 season. Western Powersports, along with FLY Racing, will continue as the team’s exclusive distribution and gear apparel sponsor, and KTM will stay on as the official factory-backed OEM motorcycle sponsor. All three sponsors have enjoyed different durations of time and success with the team, and all three are excited for what the future holds with their new team agreement with Baggett.

“We firmly believe in supporting the sport, and it’s hard to find a better way to do that than by serving as the title sponsor for such a strong team,” said Dan Thomas, CEO, and Founder of Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. “Of course, there are a lot of components that make up a strong team: good sponsors, strong management, and excellent riders. We’re happy to commit for an additional three years, and we’re excited to see Baggett return as well. The future is bright for Team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS!”

Says WPS & FLY Racing’s President / CEO Craig Shoemaker “We are proud to continue our long-term relationship with such a great athlete and ambassador to the FLY Racing/WPS brands. We look forward to many more race wins with Rocky Mountain – KTM – WPS and Blake Baggett in the future”

“We here at KTM are very happy with the Rocky Mountain Team renewing their agreement with Blake Baggett and for 3 years. With the Outdoors coming up soon, and knowing how well Blake did last year before his injury at RedBud, the increased commitment from Rocky Mountain should give Blake a lot of confidence moving forward”, said KTM’s VP of Racing – Roger DeCoster.

This renewed partnership between Blake Baggett and team sponsors will make Team Rocky Mountain ATV/MC – KTM – WPS stronger and solidifies them as one of the premier teams in the sport today.

Thank you to our 2018 sponsors:

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC | KTM | WPS
FLY Racing, Palmetto Motorsports, FMF Racing, Bubba Burger,, Engine Ice, Alpinestars, ODI, Scott, Galfer, Motorex, Acerbis, Seat Concepts, Decor Graphics, Sunstar, Regina Chains, WP Factory Services, Hinson Racing, DT-1, Dunlop, ASV, Motion Pro, Talon, Dubya,Excel, Loenbro Motosports, The W Training Facility,SoCal SuperTrucks, Gear, Truck Central, Safety-Kleen, Hurly, ETS Fuels, Beta Tools, ProPegs, Xtrig, San Diego Powder and Protective Coatings

Follow the team on social media:
Instagram: @teamrmatvmc
Facebook: @teamrmatvmc
Twitter: @teamrmatvmc

Team Website: www.teamrmatvmc.com

So much for going through 2021...

|

11/17/2020 2:58 PM

Who is Baggett's agent?

Its it true the team owes Blake some money?

Somebody will come along eventually to spill it.

Button are you out there still?

|