Baggett??

Motofinne
11/24/2020 4:51am
Motofinne wrote:
Imagine an other sport where an athlete on the same level as Baggett gets dropped/leaves before a team launch and people start hearing about it on...
Imagine an other sport where an athlete on the same level as Baggett gets dropped/leaves before a team launch and people start hearing about it on an online forum and a tweet. And still not a single story anywhere. Ridiculous if you want my opinion.

Want to grow the sport? Start here.
Still waiting. Still nothing regarding the real reasons behind Baggetts departure. This is all there is (+ a Swapmoto video that says the same as the Racer X "story"): https://racerxonline.com/2020/11/18/what-about-blake-baggett
EngIceDave
11/24/2020 4:51am
What do you want?
Some deep dive expose?
Hidden cameras, microphones, GuyB hiding in bushes with a directional mic?

They went their separate ways. One or the other will say why when they're ready to share their private business with the world.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
11/24/2020 4:57am
EngIceDave wrote:
What do you want? Some deep dive expose? Hidden cameras, microphones, GuyB hiding in bushes with a directional mic? They went their separate ways. One or...
What do you want?
Some deep dive expose?

They went their separate ways. One or the other will say why when they're ready to share their private business with the world.
No we don't want hidden cameras or GuyB in bushes. We would like to see an interview from both parties asking questions of what happened and why. While we are at it, lets also ask why Larry Brooks left Stew and what was in Davey's Locker...
EngIceDave
11/24/2020 5:02am
yak651 wrote:
No we don't want hidden cameras or GuyB in bushes. We would like to see an interview from both parties asking questions of what happened and...
No we don't want hidden cameras or GuyB in bushes. We would like to see an interview from both parties asking questions of what happened and why. While we are at it, lets also ask why Larry Brooks left Stew and what was in Davey's Locker...
"One or the other will say why when they're ready to share their private business with the world."

It's been what, a week?

The Shop

yak651
Fantasy
192nd
11/24/2020 5:11am
yak651 wrote:
No we don't want hidden cameras or GuyB in bushes. We would like to see an interview from both parties asking questions of what happened and...
EngIceDave wrote:
"One or the other will say why when they're ready to share their private business with the world."

It's been what, a week?
A week in todays news cycle is like a month or longer years ago. Guess riders wold rather fans speculate why they quit (ungrateful, can't handle the stress, don't want to race, etc) and teams/sponsors would rather fans/customers speculate why they didn't pay/got rid of someone (wanted to save cash, going bankrupt, team owners kid didn't like rider, etc) then get the truth out there...and then vital forum members get the name vitards because they discuss it and try to put bits and pieces together/rumors and peoples feelings get hurt
EngIceDave
11/24/2020 5:17am
No offense, but truth doesn't matter anyway, you've been here long enough to know that.

Even when it comes right from a riders or team people mouth, people make up their own version of reality.

Like I said, it's been like a week, give it time.
DonM
11/24/2020 6:45am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2020 6:53am
EngIceDave wrote:
What do you want? Some deep dive expose? Hidden cameras, microphones, GuyB hiding in bushes with a directional mic? They went their separate ways. One or...
What do you want?
Some deep dive expose?

yak651 wrote:
Maybe the legal teams involved have told the parties not to discuss publicly...and once it's all over there will be NDA's signed that will keep them from discussing....pretty common practice actually....not sure what you want the media to do...ask questions that they legally can't answer or just make shit up and speculate...
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
11/24/2020 6:51am
EngIceDave wrote:
What do you want?
Some deep dive expose?

yak651 wrote:
Larry was fired because Stewy was a failed project.

Illegal pain killers, he went through an addiction but is all good now.

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
11/24/2020 7:01am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2020 7:08am
Apparently I’m blind...who did fox not pay??
USA wrote:
Rumor around vital is that Fox paid none of their riders. I dont know if that is believable or not.
That is complete BS.

Any moto media going to cover this story or avoid it so everyone can bro down next year?
Said this a few weeks ago, and I’ll post it again:

“This crushes me to say but this is what I believe:

This is not a sport. At the professional level, it’s entertainment. Sponsors see us as Monster Truck lite, with a little more race vibes.

- The “journalists” can’t report anything - they’ll be blackballed

- The promoters restrict, then steal sponsors

- The promoters have little to no obligation to share revenue with the teams and/or athletes (think NFL or NBA revenue sharing)

- And to the OP’s point: rider salary, contracts, rumors, signing, etc is almost non-existent. That secrecy just feeds more into the truth that this is not a sport enterprise like the NFL, but an entertainment leg solely profiting the organizational bodies, some riders, and the media guys willing to do free PR for everyone above while making ad revenue on their sites and mags.”

The media in this “sport” is propaganda, with little bits of truth slipping by through back channels like Vital.

Bjorn645
Fantasy
1022nd
11/24/2020 7:11am
MxKing809 wrote:
Said this a few weeks ago, and I’ll post it again: “This crushes me to say but this is what I believe: This is not a...

This is not a sport. At the professional level, it’s entertainment. Sponsors see us as Monster Truck lite, with a little more race vibes.

- The promoters have little to no obligation to share revenue with the teams and/or athletes (think NFL or NBA revenue sharing)

- And to the OP’s point: rider salary, contracts, rumors, signing, etc is almost non-existent. That secrecy just feeds more into the truth that this is not a sport enterprise like the NFL, but an entertainment leg solely profiting the organizational bodies, some riders, and the media guys willing to do free PR for everyone above while making ad revenue on their sites and mags.”

The media in this “sport” is propaganda, with little bits of truth slipping by through back channels like Vital.

Well, that seems a pretty compelling breakdown tbh, but then we have Matthes who is maybe the only actual Journo then based on the above...The tattoo is hilarious too.
11/24/2020 7:14am
Most people with full time jobs sign an NDA. So if it is true that BB is going after them in court, I can almost guarantee his lawyer has told him to keep his mouth shut and let him do his job.
nskerb
11/24/2020 8:23am
MxKing809 wrote:
Said this a few weeks ago, and I’ll post it again: “This crushes me to say but this is what I believe: This is not a...

Holy shit does that forearm tat actually say “live laugh love”?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
11/24/2020 8:48am
Most people with full time jobs sign an NDA. So if it is true that BB is going after them in court, I can almost guarantee...
Most people with full time jobs sign an NDA. So if it is true that BB is going after them in court, I can almost guarantee his lawyer has told him to keep his mouth shut and let him do his job.
Who said Blake was taking him to court? Where the heck did that idea come from?
agn5009
11/24/2020 9:08am
Most people with full time jobs sign an NDA. So if it is true that BB is going after them in court, I can almost guarantee...
UpTiTe wrote:
Vital. Lol
TeamGreen
11/24/2020 9:15am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2020 11:04am
Well, ya just had to come in here and harsh everyone's "rights"! Grinning

And, while we're here, I'm pretty sure it's the same 'legal situation' for the team...if they're smart; and, based on Forest's interview and how he wisely left this issue alone? Yup, both parties are handling it the way they must until it's resolved.

Here's something that I recall from 2019 & I was reminded of by a re-post somewhere-else from the PR when Blake signed with the team not long after winning the race in Glendale that year...

Blake was signed thru the 2021 race season and had a year left, just like others have said in here. Those contracts usually have clauses determining what each year and each race will pay. Also, performance caluses providing certain bonuses for winning or taking top 3 or 5 in a series.

ANYTHING beyond that , including 'why" Blake retired is pure speculation. "Specualtion"...like the cause or reason for the split. The whole COVID angle? Specualtion. The whole reasonong on Blake's side, short of Matthes's implications? Speculation. Who got paid what and when and what they're supposed to get paid in 2021, etc? All of it is pure...
Speculation.

I feel sorry for EI Dave: He comaes in here & tires to share some potential explanantions and get's boo'd by the angry crowd that -demands the truth-...or whatever we seem to think we're due. He knows Blake; and, is a friend. He knows Forest; and, is a friend. The angry mob wants their pound of flesh.

I'm just bummed that I'm not gonna see Blake in the team's colorways and on his usual bike. I especailly like his usaul awesome looking Military Graphics at San Diego...which...is something-else I'm gonna wish we could see like we do in a "regular season".

I hope for the best for all involved.

Pimpin ain't Easy.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
11/24/2020 9:39am
TeamGreen wrote:
Well, ya just had to come in here and harsh everyone's "rights"! :lol: And, while we're here, I'm pretty sure it's the same 'legal situation' for...

And, while we're here, I'm pretty sure it's the same 'legal situation' for the team...if they're smart; and, based on Forest's interview and how he wisely left this issue alone? Yup, both parties are handling it the way they must until it's resolved.

Here's something that I recall from 2019 & I was reminded of by a re-post somewhere-else from the PR when Blake signed with the team not long after winning the race in Glendale that year...

Blake was signed thru the 2021 race season and had a year left, just like others have said in here. Those contracts usually have clauses determining what each year and each race will pay. Also, performance caluses providing certain bonuses for winning or taking top 3 or 5 in a series.

ANYTHING beyond that , including 'why" Blake retired is pure speculation. "Specualtion"...like the cause or reason for the split. The whole COVID angle? Specualtion. The whole reasonong on Blake's side, short of Matthes's implications? Speculation. Who got paid what and when and what they're supposed to get paid in 2021, etc? All of it is pure...
Speculation.

I feel sorry for EI Dave: He comaes in here & tires to share some potential explanantions and get's boo'd by the angry crowd that -demands the truth-...or whatever we seem to think we're due. He knows Blake; and, is a friend. He knows Forest; and, is a friend. The angry mob wants their pound of flesh.

I'm just bummed that I'm not gonna see Blake in the team's colorways and on his usual bike. I especailly like his usaul awesome looking Military Graphics at San Diego...which...is something-else I'm gonna wish we could see like we do in a "regular season".

Pimpin ain't Easy.
I’m most likely wrong but I think you and Dave and others are too close to the players to understand that we aren’t looking for TMZ who’s dating who reports but as outsiders would really like to be more informed on the inner workings of the players in the sport. Sorry that we are fans and are interested in this and want to learn as much as we can. We see other sports offering this insight and question why we can’t have it in our sport. Going forward we’ll just sit in the corner and be grateful for the couple little tidbits you guys throw our way, thanks!
aeffertz
11/24/2020 9:50am
UpTiTe wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Vital. Lol
“And there will be a line of people behind him!”
FerCzD
11/24/2020 9:54am
kkawboy14 wrote:
There are usually no winners in these types of lawsuits!
Law firms
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
11/24/2020 9:58am
At the end of the day if the teams aren’t loyal to their fans the fans aren’t going to be loyal to the brands.
TeamGreen
11/24/2020 11:11am
TeamGreen wrote:
Well, ya just had to come in here and harsh everyone's "rights"! :lol: And, while we're here, I'm pretty sure it's the same 'legal situation' for...

Speculation.

Pimpin ain't Easy.
yak651 wrote:
I’m most likely wrong but I think you and Dave and others are too close to the players to understand that we aren’t looking for TMZ...
I’m most likely wrong but I think you and Dave and others are too close to the players to understand that we aren’t looking for TMZ who’s dating who reports but as outsiders would really like to be more informed on the inner workings of the players in the sport. Sorry that we are fans and are interested in this and want to learn as much as we can. We see other sports offering this insight and question why we can’t have it in our sport. Going forward we’ll just sit in the corner and be grateful for the couple little tidbits you guys throw our way, thanks!
Don’t know why anyone takes any kind of offense or doesn’t see that I’m just throwing it out there that...

There’s a contractual argument going on and its been said that -lawyers- are involved, so, we’re not only not getting the info or answers that would explain to us “what’s really going on”...
I’m simply seeing that there’s a legitimate reason for it.

That’s all.

Besides, when it comes to “who’s dating who”?

Shiiiiiiiiit. Blake won that contest a long time ago. Grinning
goonrider
11/25/2020 12:40am
BREAKING NEWS or FAKE NEWS?

#photoshopfun Wink

#brothatsreal Evil

berm surfer
11/25/2020 1:31am
goonrider wrote:
BREAKING NEWS or FAKE NEWS? #photoshopfun ;) #brothatsreal :evil: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/11/25/461522/s1200_BAGGET_GASGAS_copy.jpg[/img]

#photoshopfun Wink

#brothatsreal Evil

Both!

Funny how everyone thought RM MC/ATV was going to be the Gas Gas team and that BB4 would be GG's star rider. Well, that didnt happen but TLD GG only has one 450 rider and a couple 250f riders. I also bet GG has the pull to get BB4 out of his contract. I had been thinking about this for awhile and glad someone else was as well. Laughing
bestmx
11/25/2020 3:08am
goonrider wrote:
BREAKING NEWS or FAKE NEWS? #photoshopfun ;) #brothatsreal :evil: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/11/25/461522/s1200_BAGGET_GASGAS_copy.jpg[/img]

#photoshopfun Wink

#brothatsreal Evil

This is 1000% going to be on insta shortly aha!
visser62
11/25/2020 3:31pm
This sport, in its current state, is just not conducive to traditional journalism. This is coming from someone has worked as a reporter in multiple state legislatures.

The teams, riders, OEMs, and promoters aren't big enough and don't care enough about press to fall under the same scrutiny as mainstream sports. What I learned going to school would all go right out the window if I worked in the moto industry. A real reporter can't work in moto because if you don't play along and get buddy-buddy with people, you don't get the story.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
11/25/2020 10:55pm
USA wrote:
Rumor around vital is that Fox paid none of their riders. I dont know if that is believable or not.
That is complete BS.

Any moto media going to cover this story or avoid it so everyone can bro down next year?
MxKing809 wrote:

Very well said sir!
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
11/25/2020 11:06pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2020 11:22pm
visser62 wrote:
This sport, in its current state, is just not conducive to traditional journalism. This is coming from someone has worked as a reporter in multiple state...
This sport, in its current state, is just not conducive to traditional journalism. This is coming from someone has worked as a reporter in multiple state legislatures.

The teams, riders, OEMs, and promoters aren't big enough and don't care enough about press to fall under the same scrutiny as mainstream sports. What I learned going to school would all go right out the window if I worked in the moto industry. A real reporter can't work in moto because if you don't play along and get buddy-buddy with people, you don't get the story.
Literally the only reason I watch the races is so I can be up to speed for the hours of podcasts, fantasy and vital banter each week. I watch every single lap of every race.

Before the age of “media” id be lucky to watch maybe three races a year. Mx and sx combined.

The teams, OEM, and organizers really need to take a step back and see what the media does for the sport because I hate to break it to them but no non moto fan is flipping through the tv on a Saturday night and watching more then two laps of any race.
EngIceDave
11/26/2020 4:54am
If it's "just entertainment" then I guess we will see you on the line at Wherever1 in 2021/22
EngIceDave
11/26/2020 5:04am
bigk218 wrote:
Literally the only reason I watch the races is so I can be up to speed for the hours of podcasts, fantasy and vital banter each...
Literally the only reason I watch the races is so I can be up to speed for the hours of podcasts, fantasy and vital banter each week. I watch every single lap of every race.

Before the age of “media” id be lucky to watch maybe three races a year. Mx and sx combined.

The teams, OEM, and organizers really need to take a step back and see what the media does for the sport because I hate to break it to them but no non moto fan is flipping through the tv on a Saturday night and watching more then two laps of any race.
For what this sport is, the media does a fine job.

MX/SX is not and never will be NASCAR or anything close. A few million fans is nothing to sneeze at, but it's not 45 million.

The pits at a pro SX race is a super close knit group, everyone knows everyone and everyone knows everything.
But that's where it ends.

Because it really isn't anyone's business beyond that. Their personal lives and their personal shit isn't yours to deal with.

Their job is to race and do the race stuff at the track.

Their discussions with their lawyer isn't your business. Issues with their bosses or associates isn't your business.

The media in this sport gives fans the info they need about the racing, the bikes and the pits, not what restaurant they were spotted out at and who's shampoo they were seen buying....it's irrelevant to the racing.

What do you want to do? You expect riders to give up all privacy so GuyB and Anton can be all up in their shit, or you just want to know what's going on with the racing and shit, while respecting people's right to privacy?

You want National Enquirer, or a respectful media?

Post a reply to: Baggett??

The Latest