Bagget on Pulp

Crush
6/6/2017 5:30am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2017 6:44am
Wow!

Worth listening just for that. Angry little goat eater.
|
ehr400
6/6/2017 6:01am
His interview skills have went up alot, I think in his video he did with Weege last year on his track he was real good too. Seems well spoken and pretty well educated. Doesn't come across as a dummy for sure, has big picture views.
tprice07
6/6/2017 6:07am
ehr400 wrote:
His interview skills have went up alot, I think in his video he did with Weege last year on his track he was real good too...
His interview skills have went up alot, I think in his video he did with Weege last year on his track he was real good too. Seems well spoken and pretty well educated. Doesn't come across as a dummy for sure, has big picture views.
Yea I noticed that a while back too. I feel like he is either getting coached on this and/or realizes being outspoken adds to his value. No one like a zombie...Blake of the past was very shy.

I'm a fan, the guy invested everything into himself and I hope he can keep it coming.
sozo
6/6/2017 6:10am
Always been a fan... he is an animal outdoors...
sickboy3636
6/6/2017 7:35am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2017 7:36am
Crush wrote:
Wow!

Worth listening just for that. Angry little goat eater.
I knew this thread was coming after that interview last night. Thats about the most piss and vinegar I've heard outta him in any interview that isn't a post race. Man he was throwing some damn boulders in the pond. I give the kid props......the way he passed Tomac on the outside like he did, he's got the leeway to say what he wants. But I can damn well assure you all the "I don't need a dad that was a champion for motivation" comments are gonna light an inferno under Tomacs ass. This season just gets epically wilder by the day.

The Shop

Crush
6/6/2017 7:49am
I knew this thread was coming after that interview last night. Thats about the most piss and vinegar I've heard outta him in any interview that...
I knew this thread was coming after that interview last night. Thats about the most piss and vinegar I've heard outta him in any interview that isn't a post race. Man he was throwing some damn boulders in the pond. I give the kid props......the way he passed Tomac on the outside like he did, he's got the leeway to say what he wants. But I can damn well assure you all the "I don't need a dad that was a champion for motivation" comments are gonna light an inferno under Tomacs ass. This season just gets epically wilder by the day.
Right? Fuckin hell mate. I hope his results keep up because I imagine Eli is fucking steaming right now.
SKlein
6/6/2017 7:53am
Blake interviews have been awesome. He's definitely one that isn't afraid to say what he thinks, kind of refreshing.
6/6/2017 7:59am
I liked it! A little over confident for beating the guy once but I guess you have to twist the knife a little bit when you got it in the guy, haha.
Stuntman949
6/6/2017 8:01am
Ice cream bros. Who woulda thunk!
MXD
6/6/2017 8:09am
Ice cream bros. Who woulda thunk!
It hasn't done shit for me. Maybe I'm overdoing it? Laughing
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
6/6/2017 8:41am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2017 8:42am
I liked it! A little over confident for beating the guy once but I guess you have to twist the knife a little bit when you...
I liked it! A little over confident for beating the guy once but I guess you have to twist the knife a little bit when you got it in the guy, haha.
Baggett beat Tomac for Baggett's 2012 250 title, and pointed ahead of Tomac in two of the three years they were together in the class. So, Baggett has pretty well established in his own mind that Tomac is mortal.

It's a bit hard to recall now, but folks doubted whether Baggett could translate his game to the 450's because of his size, but that's put to rest and it's hard to imagine why he wouldn't be as competitive against Tomac as he was before in the other class, at least when Tomac is not on one of his superhuman rides.

That said, I don't really see Tomac crowing about his dad, so other than pure head trippin' I am not sure where Baggett's jibe came from. Tomas always seemed motivated most to beat Kenny.
jasonward73
6/6/2017 8:48am
I understand wanting to take down the "presumed 2017 MX Champ" but he seems to have a real axe to grind with him.

I don't recall any history between the two. Where did this stem from? If he just said "I am here to win and think I have what it takes to do so" I wouldn't question anything. But he was very specific and even went a little personal against Tomac (the jabs about his Dad). Don't get me wrong... I LOVE THIS and ENCOURAGE all competitors to be like this but in this sport we really haven't seem something like this without it being prompted by something.

From what I gather he is just hell bent to slay Tomac on the track and off the track. Good on BB4!

Jason
jevyguy
6/6/2017 8:48am
I don't dislike Baggett by any means but to be throwing jabs like that after just 1 race where he has straight up beat Tomac on a 450 is pretty ridiculous. Especially when it was clear as day that Tomac wasn't riding like we know he can.
Dimblewambie
6/6/2017 8:59am
He sounds very confident, I hope he can back it up through the rest of the season and we have some great battles between the 3 and the 4.
ChrisB10
6/6/2017 9:03am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2017 9:05am
Yeah that interview was pretty intense! Blake is a pretty intense dude !

He came off big time like he had a chip on his shoulder. He talked a lot of talk. Part of me was like he's earned it...Dude had an insane weekend and is a past champ. But part of me was like be careful with that tall talk because if you don't ride well the rest of the year I don't want to hear any excuses.

IDK he kind of came off petty and arrogant but he also came off as confident, real, motivated and not willing to bow down to ET3. Should be a good summer with these 2.
bwilky
6/6/2017 9:19am
Blake was more fired up at Matthes because of his comments on the RacerX podcast.... that's probably where all of this stemmed from. He has nothing personal against Tomac, other than wanting to beat him.
6/6/2017 9:28am
Baggett beat Tomac for Baggett's 2012 250 title, and pointed ahead of Tomac in two of the three years they were together in the class. So...
Baggett beat Tomac for Baggett's 2012 250 title, and pointed ahead of Tomac in two of the three years they were together in the class. So, Baggett has pretty well established in his own mind that Tomac is mortal.

It's a bit hard to recall now, but folks doubted whether Baggett could translate his game to the 450's because of his size, but that's put to rest and it's hard to imagine why he wouldn't be as competitive against Tomac as he was before in the other class, at least when Tomac is not on one of his superhuman rides.

That said, I don't really see Tomac crowing about his dad, so other than pure head trippin' I am not sure where Baggett's jibe came from. Tomas always seemed motivated most to beat Kenny.
I definitely don't think you can say it's put to rest, yes he was amazing at Lakewood but that's one race and he has always been good there. If he can bring that speed to the rest of the races I think everyone including Eli is in some big trouble
although I am not convinced he can bring it for the rest of the year. I just don't believe one race answers all questions.
davistld01
6/6/2017 9:30am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2017 9:31am
Blake knows he can ride as fast as Tomac now. He's been behind him enough to learn his lines. And, he also knows what a head case Eli is. With the "my goal was...to break him" and the comment about Eli's dad...he is definately trying to piss Eli off, and get in his head. He ain't scared of Tomac, that's for sure!

There are a lot of races left too. We'll see.
Crush
6/6/2017 9:31am
bwilky wrote:
Blake was more fired up at Matthes because of his comments on the RacerX podcast.... that's probably where all of this stemmed from. He has nothing...
Blake was more fired up at Matthes because of his comments on the RacerX podcast.... that's probably where all of this stemmed from. He has nothing personal against Tomac, other than wanting to beat him.
Didn't really sound that way
PRM31
6/6/2017 9:40am
I didn't get the comments about Eli's dad. I've never heard Eli comment on that in any way. Must be something more to it that I've never heard. I'm sure Eli will have his say on the track. If Eli was lacking motivation before, he's not now. It was good to near Blake confident, and it certainly feels like this is closer to a three way series.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
6/6/2017 9:46am
Most of these guys have won before, and have beaten each other for 250 titles and wins. At one point most of these guys have been "the guy" racing the same competition that is now the top of the 450 class. It may have been a couple years ago and a couple injuries ago, but confidence can return under the right circumstances.

Now that the Ryans are done dominating, Kenny is out, Stew is MIA, Reed is SX Only, there are no current 450 Champions left. Eli is currently the most successful 450 rider racing in the 450 class and considered the only one of the elite speed guys that is left from the past 2-3 years, but a lot of these guys have beaten Eli straight up before at certain points of their careers. Eli has just had more continuous good results through the transfer from 250 to 450. And kudos to him for putting in the work and getting the results.

Blake beat everyone in 12 and then got hurt, came back and won some in 13 against Eli, Marvin and Kenny then got hurt again and again and again.

Dean beat Eli, Marvin, Barcia etc in 11 and then got hurt, battled Eli hard in 12 then got hurt again and again and again.

Eli beat Dean/Marvin/Seely/Anderson in 2012 in SX, beat Marv/Kenny/Baggett in 2013 outdoors.

Marvin was a 2x world champ coming into American racing and won a handful of races through 11-14 before he was able to put it together for a title in 15.

Barcia is a 2 time 250 East champion beating most of the current group of front runners, and is the equivalent speed as anyone else when he's got his mojo going outdoors.

Tickle beat Eli, Seely, Kenny for a SX title in 11. Yeah Eli and Kenny were Supercross rookies, but Tickle still pulled it off.

Anderson beat Dean and Seely for a title in 14. Also won his first race in 13 against a field that included Eli.

Seely was just a tick off of beating Anderson in 2014. And is one of the few factory riders without a 250 title.

Bogle outlasted Baggett in 14 and battled Marvin in 15 for the 250 East title.

Cooper battled with Marvin in 15 and the split titles in Supercross.

All it takes is a sliver of hope and a little gain in confidence to get the ball rolling. And with Bogle winning a moto last week, anyone that normally runs with Bogle knows its possible for them to win too.

This season is reminding me of 07 when RC retired, Stew got hurt and anyone of the 450 vets could win the whole thing. And Langston the 450 rookie came out of no where to take the title.

Then again Eli could come out and stomp everyone at Highpoint and set the pecking order once again.
Crush
6/6/2017 9:51am
Just t listening again.

Man, he sounds like Ryno on one of his rants!!!!
MelonFan123
6/6/2017 10:14am
Kirk - GREAT POST!

when you really go back and look at these riders history and previous match ups against each other it provides some very interesting context.

IMO i think we're in one of the most exciting times in racing in decades! Total parity... 5 different winners in 6 motor in the 450 class outdoors... a crazy and dramatic 450 SX season....not to mention the usual chaos and unpredictability of the 250 class.

I think Baggetts attitude will be something the other guys perhaps pick up on. The assumption over the years that there is supposed to always be one or two dominant guys is being shattered right now. How cool would it be to see Deano, Tickle, Grant, Webb or others also run up front and snag some moto wins?!?! Racing at that level is so mental and if several guys start adopting Baggett's outlook it could make for some more great racing.

no doubt this is a great time to be a fan!
SEE ARE125
6/6/2017 10:31am
Tomac/Kawi has to sort out these brake issues. First the front brake in supercross, then the front brake at Glen Helen, and now the Brake Bracket. Gonna be a interesting season if this keeps up.
Anchor
6/6/2017 10:35am
Haha you say Baggett is dangerous with confidence, I bet he hopes Tomac doesen´t get his confidence back. "El chupacabra" will be in for the biggest ass whopping of his life. Not saying it will happen, only if.
Jrewing
6/6/2017 10:39am
It's good for the sport.
MM52913
6/6/2017 10:45am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Tomac/Kawi has to sort out these brake issues. First the front brake in supercross, then the front brake at Glen Helen, and now the Brake Bracket...
Tomac/Kawi has to sort out these brake issues. First the front brake in supercross, then the front brake at Glen Helen, and now the Brake Bracket. Gonna be a interesting season if this keeps up.
Laughing Those damn brake issues!!! Well played sir!
oshow
6/6/2017 12:21pm
I ate some Rocky Road last night... come at me Bro's
agn5009
6/6/2017 12:43pm
Kirk - GREAT POST! when you really go back and look at these riders history and previous match ups against each other it provides some very...
Kirk - GREAT POST!

when you really go back and look at these riders history and previous match ups against each other it provides some very interesting context.

IMO i think we're in one of the most exciting times in racing in decades! Total parity... 5 different winners in 6 motor in the 450 class outdoors... a crazy and dramatic 450 SX season....not to mention the usual chaos and unpredictability of the 250 class.

I think Baggetts attitude will be something the other guys perhaps pick up on. The assumption over the years that there is supposed to always be one or two dominant guys is being shattered right now. How cool would it be to see Deano, Tickle, Grant, Webb or others also run up front and snag some moto wins?!?! Racing at that level is so mental and if several guys start adopting Baggett's outlook it could make for some more great racing.

no doubt this is a great time to be a fan!
I kind of disagree. I don't see anyone being a legitimate threat to Tomac or Musquin except maybe Baggett. Sure, Webb, Grant or Anderson may beat Musquin and Tomac a few motos this year but I don't see them being legitimate threats every week.
TannerMxer
6/6/2017 12:52pm
Am I the only one that thinks he should run a cup of ice cream from coldstone on his butt patch with the name across it?

Post a reply to: Bagget on Pulp

The Latest