Bagget and the "new" KTM

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2018 11:27 PM

Just listening to week before last's Pulpmx show with Keefer and JT.

They're talking about the new bike being a bit more steered towards Herlings/MXGPs than say Dungey/SX.

Blake was unreal last year. This year just seems a tick off and we all know what he's capable of when he's comfortable.

Could he not just run last years frame? It'd still be homologated right?

Not to say he won't get there, but he's not the rider he was last year it seems, even when he was injured.

Anyone?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


7/4/2018 11:28 PM

BRAKE
R
A
K
K
E
T
T

|

7/5/2018 1:12 AM

Crush wrote:

Just listening to week before last's Pulpmx show with Keefer and JT.

They're talking about the new bike being a bit more steered towards Herlings/MXGPs than say Dungey/SX.

Blake was unreal last year. This year just seems a tick off and we all know what he's capable of when he's comfortable.

Could he not just run last years frame? It'd still be homologated right?

Not to say he won't get there, but he's not the rider he was last year it seems, even when he was injured.

Anyone?

PAGING TYLER

|

7/5/2018 1:19 AM

if he could and it would improve his results then he would.
as long as he could show that, practicing to the 'boss'.

i think hes having an off year, with some burnout and lingering injuries all taking its toll.

|

7/5/2018 3:36 AM

make1go wrote:

if he could and it would improve his results then he would.
as long as he could show that, practicing to the 'boss'.

i think hes having an off year, with some burnout and lingering injuries all taking its toll.

Yeah. This week’s Pulp show was the first time that JT kinda seemed unsure of what BB’s issues were. Previously alluded to injury/setup but only as a minor/short term concern

|

7/5/2018 3:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2018 4:07 AM

make1go wrote:

if he could and it would improve his results then he would.
as long as he could show that, practicing to the 'boss'.

i think hes having an off year, with some burnout and lingering injuries all taking its toll.

MJC wrote:

Yeah. This week’s Pulp show was the first time that JT kinda seemed unsure of what BB’s issues were. Previously alluded to injury/setup but only as a minor/short term concern

But go back to the podcasts before outdoors and listen to the talk about Baggett. I'm pretty sure that JT mentioned that he had been practicing outdoors weeks before Hangtown and that he was fit for fight, the hand injury was not a problem.

It looks like he has an off year. And keep in mind that this is not the first time we've seen an amazing Baggett one year and then a mediocre Baggett the next year.

|

7/5/2018 4:05 AM

Same basic frame that won the championship (Husky) and same frame MM25 is winning on.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

7/5/2018 4:36 AM

Motofinne wrote:

But go back to the podcasts before outdoors and listen to the talk about Baggett. I'm pretty sure that JT mentioned that he had been practicing outdoors weeks before Hangtown and that he was fit for fight, the hand injury was not a problem.

It looks like he has an off year. And keep in mind that this is not the first time we've seen an amazing Baggett one year and then a mediocre Baggett the next year.

You’re spot on. Baggett even cockily said that he hadn’t practiced sx in a couple of months. He’s definitely off which is a shame, this season is crying out for some good battles other than the 2 we’ve seen

|

7/5/2018 5:37 AM

MJC wrote:

Yeah. This week’s Pulp show was the first time that JT kinda seemed unsure of what BB’s issues were. Previously alluded to injury/setup but only as a minor/short term concern

Motofinne wrote:

But go back to the podcasts before outdoors and listen to the talk about Baggett. I'm pretty sure that JT mentioned that he had been practicing outdoors weeks before Hangtown and that he was fit for fight, the hand injury was not a problem.

It looks like he has an off year. And keep in mind that this is not the first time we've seen an amazing Baggett one year and then a mediocre Baggett the next year.

MJC wrote:

You’re spot on. Baggett even cockily said that he hadn’t practiced sx in a couple of months. He’s definitely off which is a shame, this season is crying out for some good battles other than the 2 we’ve seen

yes can you imagine last years baggy coming past mm & et to lead/win.
both barker and rozzie are off their pace atm, ja out, no one else really stepping up (cept hill once?)

we are lucky someones putting to tomy, otherwise it might have been over by now..



|

7/5/2018 6:31 AM

mx317 wrote:

Same basic frame that won the championship (Husky) and same frame MM25 is winning on.

Of course, but that's not to say it suits everybody, and there is no denying he was better last year... he seemed like he might have been better even with his jacked wrist. He usually is a freak at Southwick. How far back was he last weekend?

If he turns it around well maybe all good but I was really expecting him to push Eli and at the very least be the next best guy.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


7/5/2018 6:51 AM

Excuses are like assholes.

|

7/5/2018 6:59 AM

slipdog wrote:

Excuses are like assholes.

Yep. I was one of the Baggett bandwagoneers. Now, after years of disappointment, I realize he's just not as good as Tomac and Musquin. He has been, currently is and always will be in the "really good but not great" bracket.

|

7/5/2018 7:01 AM

slipdog wrote:

Excuses are like assholes.

Yeah, racing motocross at an elite level isn’t complicated or taxing at all. Way to oversimplify and limit your ability to try to understand what might be causing the issue. Just slap a simpleton quote on it and all is well.

|

7/5/2018 7:12 AM

KTM/Rocky Mountain signed him through 2021. Whatever's going on, he'll get it figured out or fixed (body or bike). This fan's still on the Baggett bandwagon. Full credit to Eli and Marvin too, their rivalry has separated them from the field.

|

7/5/2018 7:36 AM

He always seems to get the season's off to a slow start for some reason. I was expecting more out of the guy , when we compare him to last year ( before he got hurt ). Seems to of been behind the 8 ball ever since. He's capable of winning , but has just seemed to be 1 - 3 sec's off the pace of the leader's.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

7/5/2018 7:47 AM

Y’all think too much. Go outside and ride....

|

#narconate

7/5/2018 8:06 AM

slipdog wrote:

Excuses are like assholes.

observeroffacts wrote:

Yeah, racing motocross at an elite level isn’t complicated or taxing at all. Way to oversimplify and limit your ability to try to understand what might be causing the issue. Just slap a simpleton quote on it and all is well.

Well, I wouldn't know anything about racing at the pro level so there's always that.

|

7/5/2018 8:24 AM

I'm surprised RMATV inked a 4 year deal. All his motivation just went out the window. I predict that in 2021 they figure out the settings on the bike and he starts feeling really 'comfortable' on the bike again.

|

7/5/2018 8:41 AM

Nathan_Alexander wrote:

Y’all think too much. Go outside and ride....

Hi, Nate. smile

|

7/5/2018 8:51 AM

Nathan_Alexander wrote:

Y’all think too much. Go outside and ride....

What if it rains?

|

7/5/2018 8:58 AM

WarrenMX wrote:

I'm surprised RMATV inked a 4 year deal. All his motivation just went out the window. I predict that in 2021 they figure out the settings on the bike and he starts feeling really 'comfortable' on the bike again.

3 years and I disagree with the rest of the opinions here also.

|

7/5/2018 9:02 AM

Unfortunately for us fans, we are robbed of seeing the best Blake Baggett. I think the wrist injury he sustained in SX in 2013 has hampered and will continue to hamper his career.

As for the bike, all I can say is that it works well for Marvin, Herlings, and Tony so I don't think it can be used as an excuse.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

7/5/2018 9:07 AM

Once a model year bike is homologated, isn’t that year model good to race for like 5 years? Remember MC racing the ‘93 frame all the way through ‘96. And Guy Cooper switched from the ‘91 frame back to the ‘90 frame. I would think Baggett could do the same and it could be made to look like this years bike. It would be worth a shot, but it’s getting too late now.

|

7/5/2018 9:15 AM

It seemed to take Moosecan a while to get used to the new bike, plus once they made it ride like a Kawasaki he also got a win.....

|

7/5/2018 10:29 AM

downard254 wrote:

Once a model year bike is homologated, isn’t that year model good to race for like 5 years? Remember MC racing the ‘93 frame all the way through ‘96. And Guy Cooper switched from the ‘91 frame back to the ‘90 frame. I would think Baggett could do the same and it could be made to look like this years bike. It would be worth a shot, but it’s getting too late now.

Marketing dept's shut that down long ago. Can't have a guy out there winning on a bike that isn't for sale on showrooms anymore.

|

7/5/2018 10:33 AM

I suspect Blake will be back to his normal self this weekend, he rides well at Red Bud.

|

7/5/2018 10:49 AM

downard254 wrote:

Once a model year bike is homologated, isn’t that year model good to race for like 5 years? Remember MC racing the ‘93 frame all the way through ‘96. And Guy Cooper switched from the ‘91 frame back to the ‘90 frame. I would think Baggett could do the same and it could be made to look like this years bike. It would be worth a shot, but it’s getting too late now.

Jt$ wrote:

Marketing dept's shut that down long ago. Can't have a guy out there winning on a bike that isn't for sale on showrooms anymore.

Yup. Honda was willing to let their dominating franchise guy walk over that garbge aluminum frame in 97

|

7/5/2018 1:47 PM

downard254 wrote:

Once a model year bike is homologated, isn’t that year model good to race for like 5 years? Remember MC racing the ‘93 frame all the way through ‘96. And Guy Cooper switched from the ‘91 frame back to the ‘90 frame. I would think Baggett could do the same and it could be made to look like this years bike. It would be worth a shot, but it’s getting too late now.

Jt$ wrote:

Marketing dept's shut that down long ago. Can't have a guy out there winning on a bike that isn't for sale on showrooms anymore.

Thanks for the clarification on that. I never knew they changed it.

|

7/5/2018 4:05 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

It seemed to take Moosecan a while to get used to the new bike, plus once they made it ride like a Kawasaki he also got a win.....

Shows who's the best rider. If Baggett can't get the bike perfectly tuned to his particular style and comfort...maybe it's the rider who needs to adjust, and not the bike. If Musquin can adjust to the bike enough to win some overalls...I doubt KTM will listen to another rider tell them they need to change it to last years specs.

|

7/5/2018 4:45 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Shows who's the best rider. If Baggett can't get the bike perfectly tuned to his particular style and comfort...maybe it's the rider who needs to adjust, and not the bike. If Musquin can adjust to the bike enough to win some overalls...I doubt KTM will listen to another rider tell them they need to change it to last years specs.

This is dumb...

|