Bad news out of Baja Acres.

Pirate421
6/24/2019 8:01pm
Meister wrote:
Pirate, this was a Loretta Lynn amature regional. It was a 2 day, 3 Moto format with only big bikes at the track. Ohio has a...
Pirate, this was a Loretta Lynn amature regional. It was a 2 day, 3 Moto format with only big bikes at the track.

Ohio has a "Battle format". 50s and quads Saturday, 65cc+ on Sunday. So that's close to what your saying.
Ah missed that thanks for clarifying. I’ve never raced a LL qualifier but that still sounds like a lot of motos over two days. Those races may be tougher to fix especially with all the fast riders that show up.
6/24/2019 8:15pm
Meister wrote:
Mysteriously, the track was maintained to a much better standard today. His Moto was late in the day Saturday. Track was hammered. I was just a...
Mysteriously, the track was maintained to a much better standard today.

His Moto was late in the day Saturday. Track was hammered. I was just a couple motos before that 450B Moto. I was trackside cheering on a buddy who was running 8th at the time. Red flag came out, saw a crowd start to gather. I switched vantage points and saw something that really got to me. I saw atleast 4 people switch out compression sessions. They were still at work from on the track to into the squad. About 15-20 minutes later, the bird showed up. 10 minutes later, it left. Shortly after I headed to the store and out at the gate sat about 8 sheriff's, as well as abc news. The lady at the gate told me no one was put on the bird, so I knew it was as bad as it looked. My buddy pretty much saw it happen. Sounded like he fell in a relatively "flat" section (this didn't happen on some big jump like the last one), but the bumps were 3-4' tall. Riders behind him were carrying momentum jumping through the whoops. I cant imagine.

What I saw and what happened definitely hit me. Was sketched out every time I hit the track after that. I had no realistic chance of getting a top 6 after my headcase 2nd Moto this morning, so I bailed before my 3rd Moto.

This goes back to the chest thumping "let it get rough". Where do we draw the line? This came up on a local forum, and I'll say the same thing here. 19 years ago when I raced Loretta's, the tracks got rough, but not this freakin rough. We had much less horse power that just plain old didn't dig these holes. Little Ricky McStewart likely will never be a pro. Hell, 99% of riders at that regional will never "make" it. Why "let it get so rough" when the risk is so great. That mentality left a family without a son. Now I know, there are many many variables, but why purposely increase the potential for catastrophe. We will never understand the big man's plans. This is NOT a dig at the promoter. Baja is a phenomenal place. They run a great program. It's just this messed up mentality of "it has to be super rough". Most times I hear that, it's either from experienced pros, or chest thumpers who don't or hardly even ride. Again, so many variables. I'm just venting because what I saw definitely threw me for a loop.

For anyone that may know this family, I pray that the family will eventually find peace. I don't know them, but I think I speak for everyone whos on this forum, if we as a Moto family can do anything, please reach out..
Hang in there buddy heres hoping and praying you can come to grips with what sounds like is something you wish you could unsee and most definitely thoughts and prayers sent for not only the friends and family but the track owners, first responders, spectators and anyone else affected.
cable
6/25/2019 7:25pm
Meister wrote:
Pirate, this was a Loretta Lynn amature regional. It was a 2 day, 3 Moto format with only big bikes at the track. Ohio has a...
Pirate, this was a Loretta Lynn amature regional. It was a 2 day, 3 Moto format with only big bikes at the track.

Ohio has a "Battle format". 50s and quads Saturday, 65cc+ on Sunday. So that's close to what your saying.
Did they let people race that were not qualifying?
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
6/25/2019 8:14pm
My heartfelt condolences to the family of the young man. Ride in peace.

The Shop

Meister
6/26/2019 10:44am
Meister wrote:

cable wrote:
Did they let people race that were not qualifying?
No. You had to qualify at an area qualifier in order to race the Regional.

You can ride an area qualifier, but not try to qualify.
6/26/2019 11:00am
What a tragedy. I can't and don't want to imagine how the parents feel.
Sometimes bad things happen and no one/thing is to blame.
p3fab
6/29/2019 8:06pm
Chase is the man for this! District 17👏👏👏
p3fab
6/29/2019 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2019 10:28pm
gf.me/u/ts2zuy Here is a go fund me link for the family
I dont know how to make it work can someone help? I don’t know how to add the link but go fund me search ride for ryder

Post a reply to: Bad news out of Baja Acres.

The Latest