Bad news on Alta

CozMan
10/18/2018 3:12pm
I am going to buy a bag of oranges and celebrate..

there's your buyer.
newmann
10/18/2018 3:29pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Looking at who their primary investors are, I'm not gonna be surprised if there's a well designed aquisiton or merger taking place...or in the works. There...
Looking at who their primary investors are, I'm not gonna be surprised if there's a well designed aquisiton or merger taking place...or in the works. There are a coupl'a smart investment firms and a few smart individuals involved and, I'm assuming, on their board.
Too much there for it to just all shit the bed and piss the pillows. Hopefully it gets all sorted and the e-bikes can find their place.

The Shop

Johnny Depp
10/18/2018 3:31pm
If this is correct, do you think they might get approved for Pro Racing now? Woohoo
10/18/2018 3:34pm
CozMan wrote:

there's your buyer.
God I hope so. They were the first company to come to mind this morning when I was thinking of potential buyers. Would make so much sense on so many levels...
Yzf916
10/18/2018 3:41pm
Just not economically feasible yet. No different than Tesla. Or the last five generations of electric vehicles I've seen come and go through my last 50yrs. Not bashing here. Just the facts. It doesn't matter how good it makes you "feel" about the green initiative. Or how much you like the product. You have to be able to afford it. Without the subsidies both Tesla and Alta would have been gone along time ago. One might say "but the price was almost in line with a 450". But They may be like Tesla. Losing tons of money on every unit. Again, not bashing their efforts. Buy for anything to survive, it has to be economically feasible. Otherwise, how good it makes you feel is irrelevant.
Johnny Depp
10/18/2018 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2018 3:48pm
Yzf916 wrote:
Just not economically feasible yet. No different than Tesla. Or the last five generations of electric vehicles I've seen come and go through my last 50yrs...
Just not economically feasible yet. No different than Tesla. Or the last five generations of electric vehicles I've seen come and go through my last 50yrs. Not bashing here. Just the facts. It doesn't matter how good it makes you "feel" about the green initiative. Or how much you like the product. You have to be able to afford it. Without the subsidies both Tesla and Alta would have been gone along time ago. One might say "but the price was almost in line with a 450". But They may be like Tesla. Losing tons of money on every unit. Again, not bashing their efforts. Buy for anything to survive, it has to be economically feasible. Otherwise, how good it makes you feel is irrelevant.
If it is the fastest way around a racetrack, people will whore out their mother for it. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. If you build it they will come. You want any more epitaph's?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/18/2018 3:47pm
Yzf916 wrote:
Just not economically feasible yet. No different than Tesla. Or the last five generations of electric vehicles I've seen come and go through my last 50yrs...
If it is the fastest way around a racetrack, people will whore out their mother for it. You can't put the genie back in the bottle...
If it is the fastest way around a racetrack, people will whore out their mother for it. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. If you build it they will come. You want any more epitaph's?
What works for some, doesn't work for all.
MXVet261
Fantasy
4061st
10/18/2018 3:49pm
Hey I thought the Vital police said we aren't supposed to talk about Altas in here? Or is that just for positive posts....
TeamGreen
10/18/2018 3:50pm
Yzf916 wrote:
If it is the fastest way around a racetrack, people will whore out their mother for it. You can't put the genie back in the bottle...
Jodi, is that you?
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
10/18/2018 3:52pm
CozMan wrote:

there's your buyer.
God I hope so. They were the first company to come to mind this morning when I was thinking of potential buyers. Would make so much...
God I hope so. They were the first company to come to mind this morning when I was thinking of potential buyers. Would make so much sense on so many levels...
Who is this orange company?
JM485
10/18/2018 4:07pm
GODZILLA wrote:
Sorry, you can call me a dinosaur, no problem, but I absolutely HATE the idea of having to ride an electric bike. I like changing filters...
Sorry, you can call me a dinosaur, no problem, but I absolutely HATE the idea of having to ride an electric bike.
I like changing filters, changing top ends, ported cylinders or heads, I like cone pipes and Ti collectors, smelling gas, I like using a clutch and gears, I love the sound of real engines, not that horrible whistling tune...
I have a hard time believing I'm the only one.
All I hear is “I don’t like it so you shouldn’t be able to have it”. What a piss poor and pathetic way to think that’s becoming way too prevalent in this country.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/18/2018 4:13pm
GODZILLA wrote:
Sorry, you can call me a dinosaur, no problem, but I absolutely HATE the idea of having to ride an electric bike. I like changing filters...
Sorry, you can call me a dinosaur, no problem, but I absolutely HATE the idea of having to ride an electric bike.
I like changing filters, changing top ends, ported cylinders or heads, I like cone pipes and Ti collectors, smelling gas, I like using a clutch and gears, I love the sound of real engines, not that horrible whistling tune...
JM485 wrote:
All I hear is “I don’t like it so you shouldn’t be able to have it”. What a piss poor and pathetic way to think that’s...
All I hear is “I don’t like it so you shouldn’t be able to have it”. What a piss poor and pathetic way to think that’s becoming way too prevalent in this country.
I'm surprised we aren't use to it yet. Especially here in California.

Sure, I'd like to try one out for a few laps. If I liked it then I'd think about getting one. If I didn't like it and didn't want to buy one, who cares? I hope they get to stick around, but I don't want to see ICE's go away. I think the Alta should be just another option, much like 2 strokes and 4 strokes. More variety never hurt anyone.
seth419
10/18/2018 4:17pm
CozMan wrote:

there's your buyer.
God I hope so. They were the first company to come to mind this morning when I was thinking of potential buyers. Would make so much...
colintrax wrote:
mikec265
10/18/2018 4:24pm
GODZILLA wrote:
There's about 10 dirt bikes in my garage. How about you and the gear cleaning guy shack up together in the efficiency in my garage. The kids and I will keep both of you happy long time with your cleaning and fixing fetishes.
SammyD
10/18/2018 4:39pm
So a friend of mine bought an Alta direct from the company three months ago.

Was given 'such a good deal' that they made him sign an NDA about how much he paid (he still hasn't told me) and promise to keep the bike for a year before selling.

He now tells me that Alta was going to rebate $x,xxx of the purchase price at the conclusion of the year...

If Alta gets bought out and does not continue DBA Alta, the new company probably is not going to be liable to honor that rebate (I haven't seen the terms of the agreement, but no doubt it was written heavily in Alta's favor.)

I wonder how many other buyers out there got these 'amazing deals'?
TeamGreen
10/18/2018 4:46pm
What do y'all think there "sales to date" numbers are?

$30,000,000?
jeffro503
10/18/2018 4:47pm
Rumors floating around that Alta has been acquired. More news coming next week.Cheerful
aeffertz wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised at all. I forget the name of the company that originally backed them, I’m just curious as to why they backed out.
It " may " be a way to flush Harley from the scene once and for all? I really hope Alta survives here , because I myself could see buying one in the future some time. And even if I didn't , I would hate to see them go away , just because I think not only the bikes , but the company is pretty freakin' rad!
hogkiller
10/18/2018 4:56pm
CozMan wrote:

there's your buyer.
colintrax wrote:

10/18/2018 4:58pm
SammyD wrote:
So a friend of mine bought an Alta direct from the company three months ago. Was given 'such a good deal' that they made him sign...
So a friend of mine bought an Alta direct from the company three months ago.

Was given 'such a good deal' that they made him sign an NDA about how much he paid (he still hasn't told me) and promise to keep the bike for a year before selling.

He now tells me that Alta was going to rebate $x,xxx of the purchase price at the conclusion of the year...

If Alta gets bought out and does not continue DBA Alta, the new company probably is not going to be liable to honor that rebate (I haven't seen the terms of the agreement, but no doubt it was written heavily in Alta's favor.)

I wonder how many other buyers out there got these 'amazing deals'?
Not me. I will tell you that.
bsharkey
10/18/2018 5:28pm
That sucks but things take time to progress and they've really made some Leaps and Bounds hopefully someone takes it over and pushes it forward
SammyD
10/18/2018 5:37pm
CozMan wrote:

there's your buyer.
There is no way that a company gets bought the same day it’s disclosed that they’ve ceased operations. It’s not like someone from KTM got the news today and the. Picked up the phone and bought the company. If a deal was that close they wouldn’t have ceased operations.
BobbyM
10/18/2018 5:54pm
Trump strikes again and we're all winning... Can ya feel it?
SlasherMcGee
10/18/2018 6:08pm
there goes my chance to ride.. all tracks within a reasonable distance to me shut down because of noise complaints. lame..
Spooner
10/18/2018 6:18pm
mwr wrote:
Sad news. Are there any MXRs left at dealers? I'll buy one.
One of my dealers has one. Not sure what the deal is with being able to sell them at this point just yet though.
CG118
10/18/2018 6:48pm
Yzf916 wrote:
Fuck your green initiative. I just want to ride my dirt bike, and it would be nice to ride close to home, or at home. With my ICE bikes, I have to travel 1-3 hours to tracks/trails. Riding near population centers has become impossible. People complain about the noise, then tracks get shut down.

Post a reply to: Bad news on Alta

The Latest