Bad move by riders, bad solution by PD

Sierra Ranger
10/19/2020 11:07pm
agn5009 wrote:
I get it, you hate cops. You have made it very clear considering you've always got something negative to say when I post. You've probably been...
I get it, you hate cops. You have made it very clear considering you've always got something negative to say when I post. You've probably been pinched one too many times for your "grape ape" so you've got a vendetta against all of us now. I give a level headed response essentially saying the facts will be important yet you still feel the need to call me out. Its cool though, you do you.
If you care so much about the identity of being a police officer why don't you hold your own accountable for the fucked up shit they...
If you care so much about the identity of being a police officer why don't you hold your own accountable for the fucked up shit they do?
agn5009 wrote:
I do. If the dash cam footage shows him striking the scooter I will be the first to come on here and say he handled it...
I do. If the dash cam footage shows him striking the scooter I will be the first to come on here and say he handled it incorrectly. Its clear the video pans away at impact. All I said was lets hear the facts before casting judgement. Its funny, people talk about the cops not being judge jury or executioner yet here we are, people essentially doing exactly that by acting like they know all the details.
agn is being very generous here. This isn't a dude rolling down a country road on a dirt bike. There are three cop cars involved, he's evading and weaving through them with no helmet.
It's a product of our non-accountable modern society that people would blame anybody but this jackass himself for slamming into a wall.
Cancerman
10/19/2020 11:17pm
brimx153 wrote:
How can anyone even comment on this without knowing the full story. If he was riding without licence and insurance, i say good on the cops...
How can anyone even comment on this without knowing the full story. If he was riding without licence and insurance, i say good on the cops . If he had licence and insurance and was nt runnung from them , thats disgusting what the cops did . And i dont think that if he rides moto should give him any pass if he did break the law .
So he's in the hospital via a cops action over a moving / vehicle infraction? You say good on the cops? This is why the BLM movement is so strong. Dude! Really?
Kyle978
10/19/2020 11:23pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2020 11:52pm
There’s a massive amount of people that need to do less dumb shit to avoid interacting with police in a negative manner.

But there is plenty of cops that need better training because they weren’t gifted with common sense.

Anyone with a brain knows car vs. scooter isn’t going to end well. Homie on the scoot should not have engaged in activity to put them in that situation, but also what kind of decision making is that on the job?

Yuban156
10/19/2020 11:51pm
So was he pulling over and hit by a police car or being a pile of crap and running from the cops? Honest question.

The Shop

Question
10/20/2020 12:57am
zehn wrote:
That’s funny I don’t remember the penalty for riding without a license and insurance being “get hit by police car, dragged by arm, coma” nor do...
That’s funny I don’t remember the penalty for riding without a license and insurance being “get hit by police car, dragged by arm, coma” nor do I remember cops being judge and jury either
brimx153 wrote:
In the Uk the cops have started doing the move you see right here . They knock them off there scooter with the police car...
In the Uk the cops have started doing the move you see right here . They knock them off there scooter with the police car . Plenty of people are against it . But last few years people joy riding on them have killed pedestrians. Including a 3 year old girl . He is not just driving without insurance or licence, he is trying to escape the cops .

Say he did fly around a turn and kill someone, would you change your mind on knocking him off . ?
In the UK, this method is also essentially used to fight against a new type of thieves who ride scooter to steal iphones, jewels and bags when people are walking, which can be quite dangerous and traumatic for the victims. The stealing rates with this type of assault increased so much by these usual police department visitors that the police had to take radical measures. These scooters can be not easy to catch as well, with some mods it can be the ultimate weapons in city centers so they try to catch them while they can.

That said, that is why I think in the video so much force was not appropriate to the situation. The guy was not riding fast at all (fast = grind the pipe or left carter in turns) and I think he was just pulling over, as when he got hit he then was sent into the car that was parked.
APLMAN99
10/20/2020 5:43am
pCp 252 wrote:
Before this goes off the rails... Jhamal does race in New England and is a moto guy, in addition to being employed & hardworking. I know...
Before this goes off the rails... Jhamal does race in New England and is a moto guy, in addition to being employed & hardworking. I know him through mutual circles of riding friends and I can confirm he’s not for the streets wheelie boy.

“Is employed & hardworking” I’m not trying to take this off the rail but if it were a white kid would you have said that? Because...
“Is employed & hardworking”

I’m not trying to take this off the rail but if it were a white kid would you have said that? Because I know you wouldn’t have. People don’t think they’re racist because they don’t understand how ignorant they sound when they say stuff like this.
Probably an oversight, leaving out “articulate”......
APLMAN99
10/20/2020 5:58am
agn5009 wrote:
I get it, you hate cops. You have made it very clear considering you've always got something negative to say when I post. You've probably been...
I get it, you hate cops. You have made it very clear considering you've always got something negative to say when I post. You've probably been pinched one too many times for your "grape ape" so you've got a vendetta against all of us now. I give a level headed response essentially saying the facts will be important yet you still feel the need to call me out. Its cool though, you do you.
If you care so much about the identity of being a police officer why don't you hold your own accountable for the fucked up shit they...
If you care so much about the identity of being a police officer why don't you hold your own accountable for the fucked up shit they do?
agn5009 wrote:
I do. If the dash cam footage shows him striking the scooter I will be the first to come on here and say he handled it...
I do. If the dash cam footage shows him striking the scooter I will be the first to come on here and say he handled it incorrectly. Its clear the video pans away at impact. All I said was lets hear the facts before casting judgement. Its funny, people talk about the cops not being judge jury or executioner yet here we are, people essentially doing exactly that by acting like they know all the details.
I may disagree with comparing the “judge, jury, executioner” thing, since it’s used literally when a potential suspect or other person ends up dead.

But I sort of agree that the video in the opening post isn’t clear about what actually occurred. I can’t distinguish the different impact sounds that some refer to, and obviously the video doesn’t show any direct impact. The dashcam will be telling, I’d guess.

Even then there COULD be context where striking the rider was warranted, but it’d have to be a pretty big reason. As in, threatening drivers with a weapon, or something along those lines I suppose.

It certainly does seem like a lot of people are viewing this through different lenses because the guy is a local racer, though.......
10/20/2020 6:10am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2020 6:12am
Oh crap APL showed up. Shut this down. Before an onslaught of clicks ensue. Y’all about to get brutalized by the click police.
tingo
10/20/2020 6:10am
Patiently waiting for GuyB to come rolling up to ram this thread right into the Dumbgeon where it belongs.
APLMAN99
10/20/2020 6:17am
Oh crap APL showed up. Shut this down. Before an onslaught of clicks ensue. Y’all about to get brutalized by the click police.

dedi684
10/20/2020 6:18am
Victim of circumstance
10/20/2020 6:24am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2020 6:26am
APLMAN99 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/20/455059/s1200_4F719A3C_3572_474C_A5DF_BC335C139440.jpg[/img]

Motox627!
10/20/2020 7:22am
slipdog wrote:
I had a couple of run-ins with the law in my youth that, frankly, I was lucky to walk away from with no criminal record. I...
I had a couple of run-ins with the law in my youth that, frankly, I was lucky to walk away from with no criminal record. I learned really quickly if I stopped doing stupid shit I'd have nothing to worry about. Still no criminal record and the only cops I've had to talk to in the past 25 years have been personal friends.
This x 10000000000000000000000000000. Don't do stupid shit and be surprised when they take your ass down by whatever means possible. The fact that people defend dumb asses like the one on the scooter is mind blowing.
Motox627!
10/20/2020 7:37am
Motox627! wrote:
I would imagine cops all over the US are just sick of peoples shit. I for one don't blame them. It was a thankless job before...
I would imagine cops all over the US are just sick of peoples shit. I for one don't blame them. It was a thankless job before all this started.
Thankless? I don’t have people flying software engineering flags and won’t have a whole group of people willingly fundraising for me if I murder someone.
As a software engineer, do you put your life on the line every day you head to work? For people you don't know and most that dislike you? Cool comparison though.
10/20/2020 7:44am
You seem to have an action movie version of cops in your head. They are not regularly putting their life on the line. Most never even have a need to pull their weapon, let alone fire it. Many sit at a computer all day so yeah, I think it a fair comparison.
mxb2
10/20/2020 7:49am
You seem to have an action movie version of cops in your head. They are not regularly putting their life on the line. Most never even...
You seem to have an action movie version of cops in your head. They are not regularly putting their life on the line. Most never even have a need to pull their weapon, let alone fire it. Many sit at a computer all day so yeah, I think it a fair comparison.
How many ride a longs have you done with a police dept in a big dept, bad area? Most officers pull their handguns out more than you think. You are the one that watches to much police tv shows.
10/20/2020 7:53am
You mean the ones no longer on air in part because of their aiding in hiding police misconduct?
Motox627!
10/20/2020 8:01am
You seem to have an action movie version of cops in your head. They are not regularly putting their life on the line. Most never even...
Holy shit.

Classic
Motox627!
10/20/2020 8:05am
You mean the ones no longer on air in part because of their aiding in hiding police misconduct?
Hopefully boy, you will never need them.... I would encourage you to put the x-box remote down and go for a ride along or sit down and try to have a conversation with an officer and listen to the shit they go thru on a daily basis. Unless you either A. Are an officer B. Are married to an officer or C. have family that are officers, you have no clue what the fuck you are talking about.
10/20/2020 8:11am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2020 8:12am
I have family and friends that are officers. They each have different experiences, but none quite as harrowing as needing to hit someone fleeing on a moped.

Keep licking the boot.
agn5009
10/20/2020 8:22am
mxb2 wrote:
How many ride a longs have you done with a police dept in a big dept, bad area? Most officers pull their handguns out more than...
How many ride a longs have you done with a police dept in a big dept, bad area? Most officers pull their handguns out more than you think. You are the one that watches to much police tv shows.
And to add to that, take a ride along to a rural police department which only has one officer on at a time. We have a few around the city and I feel bad for those guys. Go to a domestic alone, have a traffic stop go south, armed robbery, whatever is may be and your closest help is 10 minutes away. One of our local departments had a domestic go south about a year ago. We now send a unit to the city line so they're a lot closer when a hot call comes in to a smaller neighboring department.
Motox627!
10/20/2020 8:26am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2020 8:27am
mxb2 wrote:
How many ride a longs have you done with a police dept in a big dept, bad area? Most officers pull their handguns out more than...
agn5009 wrote:
And to add to that, take a ride along to a rural police department which only has one officer on at a time. We have a...
And to add to that, take a ride along to a rural police department which only has one officer on at a time. We have a few around the city and I feel bad for those guys. Go to a domestic alone, have a traffic stop go south, armed robbery, whatever is may be and your closest help is 10 minutes away. One of our local departments had a domestic go south about a year ago. We now send a unit to the city line so they're a lot closer when a hot call comes in to a smaller neighboring department.
Good luck. I deleted my response to his other post. Not going to get put in time out over stupid people... Same people that talk shit will cry one day when they don't show up....
mxb2
10/20/2020 8:26am
mxb2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
And to add to that, take a ride along to a rural police department which only has one officer on at a time. We have a...
Yea but the internet police can tell ya how to handle it. No clue on how police work is.
OLDMOTO
10/20/2020 8:31am
I don't beleive anyone is defending the guy's actions. He is clearly breaking the law. I also personally beleive he was being stupid and endangering public safty. The point is that if he was rammed by the officer with the police vehicle it was wrong. Very much excessive force. People stating he had it coming and brought it on himself are wrong. He deserved to be arrested and given due process.
Policing in this country needs to change. Police departments need to be de-politicalizied. There is should be no place for racists, nazis, white supremacists or people with anger management issues or post war PTSD. Police recruitment and training needs to evolve. Police supervision and accountability needs to change. That said you are correct that it can be dangerous and stressful. You're kidding yourself if you think Police are never going to have to restrain someone, fight with someone or even shoot and kill someone. It seems that is happening in the wrong situations and for the wrong reasons. Policing in America has not evolved properly as it has in other industrialized nations. We need Police departments, but we need to also have other resources to deal with the problems encountered in society.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
10/20/2020 8:39am
So many cool stories... Take it to Non-moto or the Dumbgeon where it belongs!
agn5009
10/20/2020 8:40am
mxb2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Yea but the internet police can tell ya how to handle it. No clue on how police work is.
My experience is the people who blast the police the most are the same people who will call them for being called a naughty name on Facebook. Honest to god, these people will call for the dumbest things then expect us to over step our legal authority and arrest someone without any law being broken.
mxb2
10/20/2020 8:43am
agn5009 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
My experience is the people who blast the police the most are the same people who will call them for being called a naughty name on...
My experience is the people who blast the police the most are the same people who will call them for being called a naughty name on Facebook. Honest to god, these people will call for the dumbest things then expect us to over step our legal authority and arrest someone without any law being broken.
Exactly lol. That officer swore at me, but the same person swears, uses racial slang words. Every other word. Now is offended. Foh.

Post a reply to: Bad move by riders, bad solution by PD

The Latest