Bad arm pump help!

Forty
10/1/2019 8:34am
Lots of variables, add those variables to each individual rider along with track conditions, bike set up, conditioning and you get a thread like this.

My issue is mud. I can ride all day on a dry track with no arm issue however if the track gets slick then my arms pump up and I’m cooked after 3-4 laps.

Maybe in my head but it’s been that way since the 70s.

Maybe it’s the 70s.
aees
10/1/2019 8:37am
Forty wrote:
Lots of variables, add those variables to each individual rider along with track conditions, bike set up, conditioning and you get a thread like this. My...
Lots of variables, add those variables to each individual rider along with track conditions, bike set up, conditioning and you get a thread like this.

My issue is mud. I can ride all day on a dry track with no arm issue however if the track gets slick then my arms pump up and I’m cooked after 3-4 laps.

Maybe in my head but it’s been that way since the 70s.

Maybe it’s the 70s.
Mudd requires you to hold on to the bars more, same with sand riding. Let the handlebar go as you can do on a normal hard packed track and you are face down in the dirth in 3seconds.
Lightning78
10/1/2019 8:40am
Markee wrote:
I changed my technique. -I relax my grip on jumps/in air, also at the same moment take a good breath. -In rough breaking bumps I relax...
I changed my technique.

-I relax my grip on jumps/in air, also at the same moment take a good breath.
-In rough breaking bumps I relax my grip and push into the bars to maintain contact.
-Feet back on pegs asap on corner exit to grip with knees
-Also experimented with how much you grip, meaning what is the least amount you can get away with. Might be surprised. I think a lot of people over grip on corner exit with the anticipation of acceleration and there after.

Dead on….. I used to get it years ago too. Changing my technique and how I grip the bike with my legs I've loosened my grip on the bars considerably and one thing that helped was always having a finger on the clutch and brake.

Also make sure your bars are rolled back where you don't have to fight the bike
1/2/2020 5:20am
I suffer really bad aswell! I really don’t know what to do about it and it’s stopping me enjoying the sport I love soo much.

The Shop

1/5/2020 10:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 10:50pm
Arm pump has less to do with your arms that people think. It has to do with what you are NOT doing with your legs.
aees
1/5/2020 10:55pm
Arm pump has less to do with your arms that people think. It has to do with what you are NOT doing with your legs.
Bullshit statement. Tell Tomac to squeeze the bike harder and he will win instead of going 7th. Instead of also softening the suspension like they did 2018 season to get rid of armpump.

Or Osborne surgery was not needed, he just needed to learn how to ride. Or Eliott Banks in UK.

Armpump can happen for multiple reasons.

Post a reply to: Bad arm pump help!

The Latest