Backpacks at Minneapolis SX?

benstone
Edited Date/Time 4/9/2018 3:08pm
Like the title says - can we bring any kind of bags into the MN SX? I hate carrying all my crap but I think the NFL stadium rounds don't allow bags. Does anyone know for sure?

This will will my first SX in several years and, as the kids like to say, I'm super-stoked!
|
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
4/8/2018 10:24am
For football games they do not allow bags into the stadium. Not sure on this event.
KMC440
4/8/2018 10:27am Edited Date/Time 4/8/2018 10:29am
Most have adopted the NFL policy ...

Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar). Small clutch bags (no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”), approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.

Look up US Bank Stadium for further information.

In other words, don't take this as gospel.
hillbilly
4/8/2018 10:30am
Carry beer in your hoodie hood.

Stuff liquor in tall tube socks
Frank
4/8/2018 11:43am
If you don't get shot or mugged on the walk to the stadium from the local hotels consider that a win and celebrate with a $10 beer. Minneapolis has changed. After last year we will never go back. Very sketchy. You can buy some crack/heroin/meth on the walk to the stadium if thats your thing.

The Shop

Squidward
4/8/2018 11:52am
My buddy went there last year, and they let him bring a bag because it was small. They didn't even check it. I think they check the bigger ones, not sure if they rip em open or just send them thru a scanner.
flyinb501
Fantasy
338th
4/8/2018 6:06pm
Does Minneapolis have a pit party?
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
4/8/2018 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2018 7:38pm
Frank wrote:
If you don't get shot or mugged on the walk to the stadium from the local hotels consider that a win and celebrate with a $10...
If you don't get shot or mugged on the walk to the stadium from the local hotels consider that a win and celebrate with a $10 beer. Minneapolis has changed. After last year we will never go back. Very sketchy. You can buy some crack/heroin/meth on the walk to the stadium if thats your thing.
You’re an idiot. Downtown minneapolis is extremely safe. You saw a drug addict. That’s an isolated incident. If you let that define your experience you’re too sensitive.

Minneapolis is extremely safe as a whole. Don’t be an ignorant dweeb.

Also, if you don’t understand how gentrification and housing work I’ll briefly let you in on a small secret...nobody without a serious amount of money lives anywhere near that stadium.
Gale19XX
4/8/2018 7:43pm
Frank wrote:
If you don't get shot or mugged on the walk to the stadium from the local hotels consider that a win and celebrate with a $10...
If Minneapolis spooks you, please don't attend a St. Louis SX.
Frank
4/8/2018 7:52pm
Frank wrote:
You’re an idiot. Downtown minneapolis is extremely safe. You saw a drug addict. That’s an isolated incident. If you let that define your experience you’re too...
You’re an idiot. Downtown minneapolis is extremely safe. You saw a drug addict. That’s an isolated incident. If you let that define your experience you’re too sensitive.

Also, if you don’t understand how gentrification and housing work I’ll briefly let you in on a small secret...nobody without a serious amount of money lives anywhere near that stadium.
Sorry asshole but having a drug crazed lunatic waving a gun while walking with young children is not being too sensitive.

SX is an inner city major metro sport. I get it. Enjoy getting shot dickface.
Forty
4/8/2018 8:03pm
Frank wrote:

Shot or mugged? You had that experience in Mpls? pretty rare man. Mpls has changed...it's better!

St.Paul even more so....I've been here 30 years this year and it's better than ever.
iplaybmx
4/8/2018 9:38pm
I’ve been to every Minneapolis Supercross since 03. I’ve been to many twins game and walked a good distance from the parking spot and never seen anyone with a gun or even someone using drugs.

I just asked a security guy there 4/7 what the policy is and he said about a camera size bag will be allowed
tprice07
4/8/2018 9:47pm
Frank wrote:
You’re an idiot. Downtown minneapolis is extremely safe. You saw a drug addict. That’s an isolated incident. If you let that define your experience you’re too...

Frank wrote:
Sorry asshole but having a drug crazed lunatic waving a gun while walking with young children is not being too sensitive. SX is an inner city...
Sorry asshole but having a drug crazed lunatic waving a gun while walking with young children is not being too sensitive.

I’m calling BS. People say this crap but I find it hard to believe.

I’ve gone to Minneapolis and St Louis multiple times..not once have I been afraid. Usually there are hundreds of people in motocross branded clothing walking at the same time.
benstone
4/8/2018 9:50pm
So it sounds like no backpack, but bring some extra coin for my crack. Got it.

Seriously, if Minneapolis scares you, then you maybe don't understand how big cities work. The Twin Cities have a great scene/vibe. It's a shit-ton of cool and good people doing fun things but once in a great while you see some dipshit doing something stupid like selling their drugs where you happen to be walking. The exact same way that when I visit my wife's small midwestern town, mostly I see cool people doing cool things, but once in awhile some dumb fucker is doing something really stupid like getting shit-faced and punching people in the bar or drunk driving off the road into a tree. There's dumb fuckers everywhere. Don't get all ampy because the city makes you feel out of your element. Enjoy it.
dl117
Fantasy
2577th
4/9/2018 7:10am
Last year I even sent my kids back to the hotel by themselves, a the time 17 and 11 and they just stayed with the main group of motoheads and said they had no problem, we were 4 blocks away or so. this year we are even closer, cause me and the wife like to partake in the afterparty at a bar across the street from the stadium
ForToo
4/9/2018 8:03am
Frank wrote:
Forty wrote:
Shot or mugged? You had that experience in Mpls? pretty rare man. Mpls has changed...it's better! St.Paul even more so....I've been here 30 years this year...

Shot or mugged? You had that experience in Mpls? pretty rare man. Mpls has changed...it's better!

St.Paul even more so....I've been here 30 years this year and it's better than ever.
I did, after having my pocket knife confiscated at the gate. Walking back to the hotel past an alley, guy came out, punched me with brass knuckles, and slashed my hand. I would have gladly given him the $80 in my wallet without the assault. Now, the knife wouldn't have done me any good then, but i have a new "self defense" tool that will pass the metal detector if I'm in a situation with no choice but to use it. Fortunately some passer bys in a car had first aid kit, wrapped me up and gave me a ride to the hotel, wasn't a serious gash but bleed like a stuck pig.
Forty
4/9/2018 8:46am
ForToo wrote:
I did, after having my pocket knife confiscated at the gate. Walking back to the hotel past an alley, guy came out, punched me with brass...
I did, after having my pocket knife confiscated at the gate. Walking back to the hotel past an alley, guy came out, punched me with brass knuckles, and slashed my hand. I would have gladly given him the $80 in my wallet without the assault. Now, the knife wouldn't have done me any good then, but i have a new "self defense" tool that will pass the metal detector if I'm in a situation with no choice but to use it. Fortunately some passer bys in a car had first aid kit, wrapped me up and gave me a ride to the hotel, wasn't a serious gash but bleed like a stuck pig.
Yikes!
4/9/2018 11:17am
In any downtown area you have to be situationally aware, no matter how safe it is. If you want to save $10 and park 2 miles away from the stadium you will probably walk through some dark streets to get there and possibly see some strange stuff. If you are on the streets with bars and restaurants you're usually pretty safe. I have worked in downtown Mpls and spent many nights out at the bars late into the night.

The stadium does enforce the NFL rules and they are being more strict about it this year. In Phoenix it was 100% NFL rules this year, where last year they let some of the bags slide. There were a lot of mad people having to walk back to their cars to drop off purses. Read the NFL rules for the stadium and follow those and you'll be fine.
dl117
Fantasy
2577th
4/9/2018 11:48am
In any downtown area you have to be situationally aware, no matter how safe it is. If you want to save $10 and park 2 miles...
In any downtown area you have to be situationally aware, no matter how safe it is. If you want to save $10 and park 2 miles away from the stadium you will probably walk through some dark streets to get there and possibly see some strange stuff. If you are on the streets with bars and restaurants you're usually pretty safe. I have worked in downtown Mpls and spent many nights out at the bars late into the night.

The stadium does enforce the NFL rules and they are being more strict about it this year. In Phoenix it was 100% NFL rules this year, where last year they let some of the bags slide. There were a lot of mad people having to walk back to their cars to drop off purses. Read the NFL rules for the stadium and follow those and you'll be fine.
if its purses also I will remind my wife to leave hers at the hotel
iplaybmx
4/9/2018 12:10pm
I’ve been told by security there small bags like purses and camera bags will be allowed
4/9/2018 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2018 2:13pm
In any downtown area you have to be situationally aware, no matter how safe it is. If you want to save $10 and park 2 miles...

dl117 wrote:
if its purses also I will remind my wife to leave hers at the hotel
The purse has to be within the size limits, which were really small. It's better to not have a purse at all or buy the clear bags IMO. While my wife and daughter walked theirs back to the car I was talking to the security folks in Phoenix and they were the ones telling me it's 100% NFL rules for bags in the stadiums this year for NFL stadiums. The NFL dictates the bag policy and they enforce. last year was a "get ready for the real restrictions" year.

Last year in Mpls my wife just left her purse at the hotel and carried her id and credit cards if I remember correctly. I'm glad we are skipping Mpls this year, your weather is not looking great! Last February's weather may have been better than this weekends forecast!

This is the NFL policy at US Bank Stadium and what I would follow if you want to make sure you can get in with what you bring.

http://www.vikings.com/stadium/bag-policy.html
Springcreek
4/9/2018 2:17pm
wouldn't want anyone bringing in a protest banner and climbing gear like this guy at NFL Vikings Game.

Mikep147
4/9/2018 2:31pm
Frank wrote:

Frank wrote:
Sorry asshole but having a drug crazed lunatic waving a gun while walking with young children is not being too sensitive. SX is an inner city...

So the guy was waving a gun at you and nobody contacted the authorities?
4/9/2018 3:08pm
For the record I got my car stolen from a parking lot in 2013, but that could happen anywhere with a negligent staff. Otherwise Minneapolis isn't that bad unless you go north.

Good thing Dungey got around 'Poto that night cause I woulda really been in a rough mood.

Post a reply to: Backpacks at Minneapolis SX?

The Latest