Back to the drawing board for Yamaha?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2019 7:50 PM

When do they decide to go with a completely new design? The design seems to be working great for the 250 but no one seems to be able to get comfortable on the 450. I’m not writing this because Apless just wadded either... I’m just saying it seems to be a issue every since they re-designed the bike.

They seem to be working good for the gp guys but in supercross they seem like the most temperamental bikes on the track by far. Barcia has a ton of hours on one and seemed to get it figured out better than anyone then he gets hurt. Apless is the only rider keeping them in the top ten and now he’s out it looks like. Is a new design coming?

|

3/9/2019 7:51 PM

Yeah it seems like they need to turn the motor around

|

3/9/2019 7:52 PM

Didn’t barcia win earlier this year?

|

3/9/2019 7:52 PM

Calling the number 7 "Helpless" is really not a nice thing to do.

|

3/9/2019 7:54 PM

GODZILLA wrote:

I think he was making it short for his last name, not calling him helpless.

|

2018 KTM 250sx 2022 KTM 350sxf
Instagram CamaroAJ

3/9/2019 7:58 PM

AJ565 wrote:

I think he was making it short for his last name, not calling him helpless.

I think I was kind of making a joke.
wink

Hope he's ok, btw.

|

3/9/2019 7:58 PM

I don’t understand the hard-on you guys have for hating on the Yamaha’s.

|

3/9/2019 7:59 PM

Man the way he was holding up his right leg/foot area did not look good at all, and watching the replay that was a brutal impact. I’m a fan, and hoping for the best though.

|

3/9/2019 8:00 PM

He over shot the jump? Looks like a rider error to me

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

3/9/2019 8:00 PM

GODZILLA wrote:

wat

|

3/9/2019 8:01 PM

Everyone forgets how good Barcia was last year on one. The bike is fine.

|

3/9/2019 8:03 PM

Anderson got hurt this year too. The Husky? How about Peick and the Suzuki? What about Ken and his arms on the Honda? No, just the Yamaha is the problem? Must be nice to have such a simplistic view of the world.

|

3/9/2019 8:05 PM

Have you even ridden it? Do you know anything about motorcycles?

|

3/9/2019 8:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2019 8:12 PM

powertrip456 wrote:

If I was buying a 250f I would get a yamaha. If I was in the market for a 450 yamaha would be like 5th on the list. I love yamahas, use to ride one for 5 years, hence the concern.

|

3/9/2019 8:10 PM

Maybe it’s SX tracks?

|

Mr. Was Not

3/9/2019 8:11 PM

Any word on AP’s injuries yet? I haven’t seen anything.

|

3/9/2019 8:13 PM

powertrip456 wrote:

FIREfish148 wrote:

If I was buying a 250f I would get a yamaha. If I was in the market for a 450 yamaha would be like 5th on the list. I love ...more

Fair enough. I’m just tired of seeing a million and one posts about it I guess.

|

3/9/2019 8:15 PM

powertrip456 wrote:

FIREfish148 wrote:

If I was buying a 250f I would get a yamaha. If I was in the market for a 450 yamaha would be like 5th on the list. I love ...more

Have you ridden one?

|

3/9/2019 8:15 PM

Hudd_421 wrote:

Have you even ridden it? Do you know anything about motorcycles?

YEA IM A PROFFETIONAL!

|

3/9/2019 8:16 PM

powertrip456 wrote:

FIREfish148 wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Have you ridden one?

Gonna have to lie and say yes.

|

3/9/2019 8:17 PM

FIREfish148 wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Have you ridden one?

FIREfish148 wrote:

If you haven’t, then take a hike.

|

3/9/2019 8:20 PM

GoonSquad250x wrote:

Has to be a broken leg

|

3/9/2019 8:27 PM

Put a fwd exhaust engine into the 04 YZ frame that hits the scale weight of a KTM or Husky. It would be interesting...

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

3/9/2019 8:27 PM

If nothing else they are by far the ugliest bikes so thats enough for the redesign. And conceptually the design should make more power and by all accounts it does (and why its great for a 250f) but on a 450 they have enough power so the focus should be on nimbleness, weight and handling.

The design seems to force a lot of either actual weight of simply the apearance of weight up higher. On most bikes the slightly forward slanting engine means the fuel tank drops in behind the endgline a little bit above a relatively cool injector. On the Yamaha the engine is more vertical so no room to lower the lank behind the engine, and theres an incredibly hot exhaust coming from the back. Add into the the neccesity to put the air boot in front of the tank, it exacerbates it even more.

Im not an engineer but to me it seems like lowering the COG is more important than centering the COG as from memory its what Yamaha was aiming for. And its also what Husaberg tried with it flat engine but again it wasnt lowering, it was centreing which to me seems a bit weird

|

3/9/2019 8:31 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Have you ridden one?

FIREfish148 wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

WTF difference does it make? I'm nowhere near these guys level. Thats like saying someone can't comment on ford's nascar because they haven't drove the latest gen. mustang. I know enough to know that that bike has some funky handling characteristics. You own one, huh?

|

3/9/2019 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2019 8:39 PM

GoonSquad250x wrote:

datkin128 wrote:

Has to be a broken leg

I'm gonna go out on a (broken) limb here and say it was his foot or ankle. If you break a leg you arent going to hold it in the air.. not bagging your guess, just my opinion

|

3/9/2019 8:33 PM

FIREfish148 wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

FIREfish148 wrote:

WTF difference does it make? I'm nowhere near these guys level. Thats like saying someone can't comment on ford's nascar ...more

Honda guy myself, but saying you wouldn’t buy one purely on how it looks on tv is asinine.

|

3/9/2019 8:35 PM

JRT812 wrote:

Didn’t barcia win earlier this year?

Yea in a mud race.

|

3/9/2019 8:36 PM

FIREfish148 wrote:

When do they decide to go with a completely new design? The design seems to be working great for the 250 but no one seems to ...more

You should ask Romain febvre what he thinks ?. He’s looked good on the yam for years now.

|

There may be people that have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.

3/9/2019 8:36 PM

GoonSquad250x wrote:

datkin128 wrote:

Has to be a broken leg

gurt626 wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a (broken) limb here and say it was his foot or ankle. If you break a leg you arent going to hold it in ...more

Foot injury. Surgery.

|