Back protectors

Related:
Create New Tag

5/20/2018 10:48 PM

I'm looking for recommendations for one. I don't own one and I've never worn one on the dirt. When I roadraced I wore a knox honeycomb back pro because it was a piece of the required safety gear. At the moment I just ride in a Leatt 4.5 neck brace and a kidney belt on my upper body. I'd like something that offers a good amount of spinal protection. I won't be devastated if it doesn't fit perfectly with the neck brace. I'm starting to lean toward taking it off and just riding with some solid impact protection due to the lack of research about the efficacy of the neck brace. I've been looking at the Alpinestars A10. Cheers. smile

|

5/21/2018 3:58 AM

I have the Alpinestars A-4. Great piece of equiment. Even better with a neck brace becuase of that piece of plastic you can take out on the top of the back protector. I'd never ride without a back protector because I tend to land on my back when I crash. Had three big crashes where I was happy to have good back protection.
I used to wear a neck brace but found it to restrictive because of my short neck. It hindered me in hilly section and when I was leaning my bike over. Don't get me wrong, I believe neck protection works, but only for guys with a long neck and low shoulders. The moment it hinders you keeping a good body position while riding I think you should take it off.

|

5/21/2018 4:50 AM

I can recommend the A10!

|

5/21/2018 5:58 AM

Been wearing the Flak Jak for decades...used it with Leatt and now Atlas, works perfect to me

http://www.hrpsports.com/Flak-Jak-LT-IMS-Chest-Protector-p/651.htm

|

Kevin Windham‏ @kdub_14

Not 1factory racer hasnt been told that if ucan help teammate out, then do it 4 championship. Few r in a position like MM25 #partofthesport

5/21/2018 6:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/21/2018 6:45 AM

I have the Leatt 4.5 chest protector and the Alpinestars Bionic 2 neck brace (very similar to yours) and the neck brace slides into the front and back of the Leatt chest protector. I really dig it. It's super comfortable, the neck brace stays in place, and it offers chest and back protection that's rated/ce certified (so it's no cheap roost guard). I really like it. I see a few guys at the track run with them now too.

https://www.leatt.com/shop/moto/upper-body-protection/chest-protector-4-5.html

|

5/21/2018 9:54 AM

ive been happy with my a-10

|