Back into therapy

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2018 8:15 AM

Almost had it done and ready to fire up exactly one year ago when our house flooded. I think it’s time to try again! Some super trick stuff going on here, hoping it goes as planned.smile

Photo
Photo

|

9/1/2018 8:24 AM

???

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

9/1/2018 8:29 AM

What the scoop on those handlebars ?

|

9/1/2018 8:46 AM

MR. X wrote:

Those aren't handlebars. They're Ribi Quadrilateral forks. I think Newman must of been drinking and installed them wrong.

|

9/1/2018 8:47 AM

MR. X wrote:

Fasstco Flexx bars mounted to a set of HMI billet triple clamps(different offset on triples vs stock) and a one inch taller bar mount they made for me to run a modern 1 1/8 inch handlebar. That set of bars goes back to their first design with the single cross bar. They sent me the upgrade kit for free when they went to the dual cross bar along with a new bar pad. Amazing service from those guys along with a great product. Next up for the bars is to update the bumpers to the dual style where the bars will float a little each direction. Good stuff, everyone needs a set.

|

9/1/2018 8:48 AM

MR. X wrote:

SCR wrote:

Those aren't handlebars. They're Ribi Quadrilateral forks. I think Newman must of been drinking and installed them wrong.

Oh, I have been drinking. This is a therapy thread after all.laughing

|

9/1/2018 10:49 AM

Photo
|

9/1/2018 10:50 AM

Photo
|

9/1/2018 10:54 AM

Honda had it pretty right from the beginning. Too bad the lost their way...whistling

Photo

|

9/1/2018 11:05 AM

wow.......nice I could never find the patience to do a job of that quality.....ADHD

|

9/1/2018 11:21 AM

Really good stuff going on there!

|

9/1/2018 12:21 PM

newmann wrote:

Honda had it pretty right from the beginning. Too bad the lost their way...whistling

Photo

Looks like you did some serious talking with your wallet. cool

I think Honda lost their way when they abandoned the 2t development after the 05 season & moved the R&D to the 4t's.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

9/1/2018 12:46 PM

Dammit Newmann, that was my first bike back in the ‘70s...I’m so old.....now I need more therapy!

Sweet bike, my friend!

|

9/1/2018 12:58 PM

That carb and Reed cage look like serious business. The Maico is a work of art even without the rest of the parts.
But what's the story withe the other bike? I can't make the frame ? Marzzochi forks ? Why does it look like a late Bultaco tank to me ?

|

9/1/2018 1:01 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Which time?

1974 when they phoned it in until 1978

or

when they decided to become "environmentally friendly" and just produce bikes with fart pipes?laughing laughing

BTW, I always thought those bars would be the answer to 7" front ends. Nice.

|

You kids get off my lawn!

2013 KTM450 Factory Edition
Projects......lots of projects!

9/1/2018 1:05 PM

Well damn it! I just messed up my shorts. I guess I better go change. Thanks Newman.w00t tongue

|

9/1/2018 4:21 PM

SCR wrote:

That carb and Reed cage look like serious business. The Maico is a work of art even without the rest of the parts.
But what's the story withe the other bike? I can't make the frame ? Marzzochi forks ? Why does it look like a late Bultaco tank to me ?

I have raced this bike off and on since 1992. Back around 1999 I did a major rebuild on the engine with a high comp head job, ported cylinder, matched cases, matched the exhaust manifold as well as everything from the custom aluminum air box (uses98 CR filter,cage and mtg flange), worked over 36mm Mikuni with a billet aluminum slide and a billet piston port intake manifold. No reeds, all old school. PVL electronic ignition and a pipe built to match the porting and compression. It goes pretty well...smile

The bike in the background is a long term 1976 CR125 project that I continue to pick up bits and pieces for. Started with a DG Pro-Fab chromoly frame, DG replica swingarm, Marzocchi magnesium front forks, all aluminum CH Omega air shocks (not pictured), DG fiberglass tank, loads of aluminum and Ti bits. The end goal is a 159 pound , 9 inch travel, AHRMA Historic class 125 race bike. The amount of steel that has been tossed for mag, Ti and aluminum and maybe a touch of carbon fiber is pretty impressive.

Photo

|

9/1/2018 4:26 PM

Any way to upload cell phone video directly to the site? She fired up for the first time in years!smile

Next up, some fresh 116 octane leaded race fuel mixed 50:1 with Bel Ray H1R and get the high comp head back on it.

|

9/1/2018 4:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2018 4:34 PM

Can you give us a better shot of those Handlebars? Are those some kind of adjustable rise bars?

Oh I see you talk about them above. Still need a better shot of them.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

9/1/2018 5:14 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Can you give us a better shot of those Handlebars? Are those some kind of adjustable rise bars?

Oh I see you talk about them above. Still need a better shot of them.

Photo
Photo
|

9/1/2018 6:45 PM

I want to ride that beast!!!

|

9/1/2018 7:20 PM

Sano.

|

9/1/2018 7:40 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

H4L wrote:

I think Honda lost their way when they abandoned the 2t development after the 05 season & moved the R&D to the 4t's.

Yep, lots of moto suppliers benefitted on this little “refresh”. The list is pretty long as very little went untouched. I can’t wait to try out the Race Tech shocks and their fork mods. Sure feels good just sitting on it. Probably could have bought a new 250 for what I spent going through itw00t

|

9/1/2018 8:02 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

yeah they were decent bikes, the single biggest issue with those is the shallow steering head angle. if they would have made it a little steeper it would have made it a much better bike.

you did a great job on yours. kinda too nice to ride now.

|

9/1/2018 8:41 PM

SCR wrote:

newmann wrote:

I have raced this bike off and on since 1992. Back around 1999 I did a major rebuild on the engine with a high comp head job, ported cylinder, matched cases, matched the exhaust manifold as well as everything from the custom aluminum air box (uses98 CR filter,cage and mtg flange), worked over 36mm Mikuni with a billet aluminum slide and a billet piston port intake manifold. No reeds, all old school. PVL electronic ignition and a pipe built to match the porting and compression. It goes pretty well...smile

The bike in the background is a long term 1976 CR125 project that I continue to pick up bits and pieces for. Started with a DG Pro-Fab chromoly frame, DG replica swingarm, Marzocchi magnesium front forks, all aluminum CH Omega air shocks (not pictured), DG fiberglass tank, loads of aluminum and Ti bits. The end goal is a 159 pound , 9 inch travel, AHRMA Historic class 125 race bike. The amount of steel that has been tossed for mag, Ti and aluminum and maybe a touch of carbon fiber is pretty impressive.

Photo

Yep now i see it. 159lbs, that sounds like an expensive diet of titanium hardware. That frame is bitchin what's the weight savings on it.

|

9/1/2018 9:10 PM

Nice, I would ride it!

|

9/1/2018 9:50 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

H4L wrote:

newmann wrote:

Yep, lots of moto suppliers benefitted on this little “refresh”. The list is pretty long as very little went untouched. I can’t wait to try out the Race Tech shocks and their fork mods. Sure feels good just sitting on it. Probably could have bought a new 250 for what I spent going through itw00t

Somebody has to keep those moto suppliers in business. Doing your part!

|

9/2/2018 5:49 AM

Newmann this is so much wasted time and effort. You could have just gotten a new Electric start 450 and added an automatic clutch and then had powerband everywhere and just ride around doing very little but went way faster. This two stroke stuff is too hard.

Awesome stuff as usual. wink
|

9/2/2018 6:09 AM

Amazing looking bike Newmann!

|

9/4/2018 10:36 AM

Comparo shots from first gen to last gen of the CR250's. My 2002 garage sale bike from several years back.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|