BT101 & Searle

Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 11:36pm
Buzz is they are coming back to Europe.

Searle is close to a done deal with CLS Kawasaki (pro circuit)
BT101 has some options to return.

All rumours, no facts.
|
mccread
8/1/2010 2:50pm
I guess Tommy would race SX and GPs that should suit him I thnk he prefers the GPs to the Nationals with the 2 day format.

Also heard Anstie might be his team-mate next year.

Would like to see BT in the GPs too, i think he might stay in the AMA and try to get that 450 title before going for the MX1 title.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
8/1/2010 2:51pm
I hear the Searle to Europe is done. I really wish he would get a shot on Mitch's team over hear for a year or so.
line-up
8/1/2010 3:07pm
Townley is in deep talks with team Honda Martin

The Shop

8/1/2010 3:08pm
If you can't get it done in the A class, drop back down to B.
line-up
8/1/2010 3:10pm
Stretch67 wrote:
Unless the A class is running out of money...
shadrach
8/1/2010 3:15pm
hartebreak wrote:
I hear the Searle to Europe is done. I really wish he would get a shot on Mitch's team over hear for a year or so.
I agree...He has had a rough year, and I know he has more to offer than what we have seen lately. One year deal on PC and let it rip!
8/1/2010 3:54pm
Stretch67 wrote:
line-up wrote:
Unless the A class is running out of money...
Searle might be able to make more money running top 3 in GP's vs running top 10 in the US, especial if he can't ride supercross.

If BT101 doesn't want to ride supercross he'll have a hard time getting a good paying deal in the US.

DL
8/1/2010 4:05pm
Searle to ride for PC forSX then off to Europe for GP's.......... PC to have more involvement in GP's next year...... This is a done deal. There are also a few other top US riders that are going to opt to go to Europe...... will be interesting for sure.
jaeckle
8/1/2010 4:06pm
They are both great people and great riders. Wish them the best of luck going home. Not happening for them here.
8/1/2010 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2010 5:20pm
line-up wrote:
Townley is in deep talks with team Honda Martin
BT101 could win the MX1 title....just sayin
DrSweden
8/1/2010 8:56pm
Stretch67 wrote:
So the B class is paying more cash? Amazing. Your logic makes modern art dull...
DrSweden
8/1/2010 9:03pm
BT101 could win the MX1 title....just sayin
Coulda, woulda, shoulda... If we are lucky, he will hold back some of that eagerness and will not damage his shoulder, knee or whatever again so the fans and his sponsors can finally enjoy him for a whole season...

Also Just saying of course...
Whitey
8/1/2010 9:09pm
Stretch67 wrote:
Sandbagging?
8/1/2010 9:12pm
jaeckle wrote:
They are both great people and great riders. Wish them the best of luck going home. Not happening for them here.
So podiums for Ben means that its not happening for him?
observer
8/1/2010 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2010 9:26pm
I don't think we've seen near what Townleys capable of in 450s.
Of course, a healthy 2-3 seasons sure would help.

And I think Searles results(and moral)would go up dramatically on a PC 250!
YetiMan
8/1/2010 9:48pm
Im pretty sure that I heard on a podcast with Ping that BT101 is on a 2 year deal with TLD. And the way hes been talking, hes going to go back to NZ for the Aus SX and Nationals there, then come back for the AMA Outdoors. Not to mention in one interview he said he would like to form a long lasting partnership with TLD like Kdub has with Geico. I really cant see BT going to the GPs as it seems he has displayed no interest. Maybe if the moneys right though.
DanDunes818
8/1/2010 11:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2010 11:01pm
I don't know why anyone would go race a series run but a complete dirt bag dictator. Why they would want to help fill that douche bags pockets up with money is beyond me.

I can for sure see why Searle would though. Over there he is a English hero and over here he's just another 7th to 10th place foreigner. It's got to be tough for him when he was pretty much "the man" over there. The English are GP fanatics and they loved them some Tommy.
kongols
8/2/2010 12:12am
I don't know why anyone would go race a series run but a complete dirt bag dictator. Why they would want to help fill that douche...
I don't know why anyone would go race a series run but a complete dirt bag dictator. Why they would want to help fill that douche bags pockets up with money is beyond me.

I can for sure see why Searle would though. Over there he is a English hero and over here he's just another 7th to 10th place foreigner. It's got to be tough for him when he was pretty much "the man" over there. The English are GP fanatics and they loved them some Tommy.
Now you act like an asshole. Did you see first rounds before his injuries?
Rudicross
8/2/2010 12:49am
KTM Europe vs KTM USA is quite a difference, I guess. We saw the real Tommy Searle during the 2009 MXoN in Italy on a factory KTM (more input from the factory in Austria).
8/2/2010 1:51am
In all fairness Tommy had a good showing at Hangtown with a 2nd in a moto, then got injured again at the next round. I heard from of the UK boards he's speaking to Star Racing, not sure if he has any plans to come back...and I don't blame him!
Hanaa80
8/2/2010 2:06am
In all fairness Tommy had a good showing at Hangtown with a 2nd in a moto, then got injured again at the next round. I heard...
In all fairness Tommy had a good showing at Hangtown with a 2nd in a moto, then got injured again at the next round. I heard from of the UK boards he's speaking to Star Racing, not sure if he has any plans to come back...and I don't blame him!
Star Racing? If that's his option, maybe he should come back.
8/2/2010 5:33am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2010 5:36am
There pro riders, meaning they race for money, they should and most often will ride where they can make the most money.

Darcy Lange and Josh Dumuth come to mind, they could have rode supercross and outdoors for years and been in the top ten a lot but decided they could make more money racing arenacross.

So yes some times the B class pays more.

Searle is from Europe and if he can make more money riding there then he should.

BT101 should stay, but if he doesn't ride supercross it will be hard to get a good MX only deal.

TLD originally only wanted to do lites west supercross , but young lites riders didn't want supercross only, so they had to race the nationals if they wanted a shot at better riders, they are the only team that will be looking for a MX only guy.

jamma10
8/2/2010 6:25am
Maybe DL speaks the truth, but I'll be surprised/dissapointed to see either of them back here next year.

Searle won't want to return with unfinished business - Im not suggesting he'll win a championship, but he planned his move to America for years and he's spent the majority of his time there fighting a niggling injury.

You saw glimpses of the real Tommy Searle at Hangtown this year. He has too much pride to come back so soon.
SMITH201
8/2/2010 8:08am
I just hope they stay safe and injury free over there. I think maybe the pace was a little too much for BT and Searle over here. It bit them and cost them the confidence they need to do well. Poor BT, it seems ever since he moved to the 450s here he has just been an accident looking for a place to happen Sad
8/2/2010 8:54am
The pace too much?

BT101 was the ONLY one to threat RV2 in the lites class week in week out.
He was the ONLY one bringing the heat on RC at the mxdn in France.

He's a brilliant rider, who has some major bad luck.

Tommy, no coincidence he was on it at the mxdn, his speed is good, riding out of his comfort zone( one day format), not some much.

Best of luck for both of them.

If they leave, it's a loss for the nationals.
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
8/2/2010 9:18am
Sigh.. I'd hate to see BT101 go over to the GP's.. I love watching that guy attack the track
mccread
8/2/2010 9:29am
SMITH201 wrote:
I just hope they stay safe and injury free over there. I think maybe the pace was a little too much for BT and Searle over...
I just hope they stay safe and injury free over there. I think maybe the pace was a little too much for BT and Searle over here. It bit them and cost them the confidence they need to do well. Poor BT, it seems ever since he moved to the 450s here he has just been an accident looking for a place to happen Sad
Ha ha ha -you get things so wrong so often you are becoming a comedy act!

you do realise the leader of the US nationals is Pourcel who Searle raced in the GPs... Searle also won more GPs that Rattray in 2008 and they are doing fine. He would be right there too if he hadn't got hurt at round 1... His level is still the same as those guys.

essentially you are watching the 2007 MX2 GP series without the fastest rider - Cairoli! It is not the pace, he is racing the same leading riders he raced in the GPs 3 years ago, and they havn't got faster.. it is injuries this year... he raced one moto fully prepared and injury free all year and nearly won.

When will you realise the pace is not faster in the US... the pace is the same it's just a little different.

Last year he was running third in points until the stuff with KTM happened. Again at the Nations last year he smoked Weimar and Metty. If you are basing his speed based on coming bacl from injury and not when he was 100% you are pretty stupid. He has the speed he just hasn't put it together, between a lack of practice sessions and a one man KTM team and injuries. The days it has all clicked he has been at the front. Going to Pro Circuit will be good for him especially in supercross.

BT won more motos than RV in 2007 and has been fast all year this year, if not for small tip overs he would be second in points after two years out that is pretty impressive.. but you cannot questions Bens speed - it is there.

Clearly you missed Ben riding a 450 in 2005 with your comments...
mccread
8/2/2010 9:32am
Rewindcaz wrote:
Sigh.. I'd hate to see BT101 go over to the GP's.. I love watching that guy attack the track
er.. you can still watch him race the GPs you know.. live on the internet all 15 rounds and he will be racing the US GP so you can still watch him in person... in fact you will get to see him race more because the series is longer...

That is why it doesn't affect me where guys race... I watch both series...

Post a reply to: BT101 & Searle

The Latest