BQ365 late April fools joke?

gonemoto

Don't know if this has been posted yet. Photoshop or what? Too cool to be real.
|
TJ 755
8/16/2016 12:35pm
The photo is fake but the bike will be real.
Redline makes one off stuff like that. They have some plastic company already replicating the 17 stuff
8/16/2016 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2016 12:48pm
This news came out a few months ago. They are going to make them for serious buyers apparently

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/16/2016 3:38pm
You can't race a 300cc 2-stroke in Supercross, mang. You can't race a non-homologated bike, either.
DE262
8/16/2016 3:45pm
Gotta be fake...has air forks. Haha
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
8/16/2016 4:45pm
The bike won't be fake, its real. BQ is talking shit tho. Redlline Motorsports builds custom 2strokes in modern frames. They have some exotic bikes too! I've been following them for some time now.

From their FB post (2nd post on this bike)

FIRST ONE SHOULD BE DONE IN 4 WEEKS!!... THANKS TO MIKE AT P&R PLASTICS FOR GETTING US STUFF THAT YOU CANT EVEN GET YET!!...HAVEN'T PRICED THIS ONE YET....BUT SHE IS GONNA BE A GOOD ONE!! (and just to be clear… I don't want anyone to think that we're trying to false advertise or mislead anyone)… we label this bike as a "2017 Honda 300r" ... Honda releases their 2017 CRF450r in five weeks, obvioulsy they sell there "next years" model a few months early... redline is by no means a "Honda Motor Corporation"… LOL… We take new honda's (2016 CRF450 Frame being used for this prototype is directly from Honda… Brand-new… Has never even been assembled into a motorcycle and comes on a MSO) and we make very minor modifications to their frames (to accommodate the CR 500 conversions we do, obviously we have to make an actual complete cut… it's done right and strong as hell… But as the owner and designer… I just think there's something incredibly cool about an OEM frame where the tubing has not been cut… There may have to be some widening here and there and obviously relocation of motor mounts and things of that nature… But 300 is small enough to fit in there… And these new generation 300 two strokes have legit power… 15% more power than a Honda CRF 450…they are not as fast as a CR 500 by any means… But they rip and we're getting more and more feedback from people that they really like the electric start and there's nothing worse than leaving the gas station, kick starting a CR 500 (and if you don't get the piston at top dead center, one of two things happen as we all well know) #1 - it bounces back and the kick starter runs up of the inside of your leg and the hot girl filling up her car at the gas station geys to hear you let out a little squeal like a two-year-old girl #2 you don't get it top dead center, and she decides to give you the old kickback and you get to go over the bars and lie there on your back while your bike falls over and a little 12-year-old girl points and laughs and says "look mommy that guys being super silly and just jumped off his motorcycle"...
Again this is a new 2016 CRF 450 frame… Like Honda we have modified and repositioned the airbox… Which is one of the key differences in the 2017 frame... besides that...the 17 frame is unbelievably close to being the same as the 16.... we have access, actually anybody does to 2017 plastics… That are available for retail to the general public… In order to give your 16 a facelift… we get a lot of lookers in this business… On our last CR 500 conversion… We got exactly 220,000 lookers… I think we got 150 emails saying "I will buy it for sure no matter what"… LOL… Finally the first guy who was able to make it to the shop to see it bought it immediately… So if there's anybody out there who wants to purchase her....Andy is a legit buyer… Please don't hesitate to contact us and try to anawer every question...We are finalizing the sale price today….. and everyone thinks it will be some ridiculous amount of money ... and we sell these crazy customs cheap… Look at our post from a few weeks afo...the street legal KTM 300 super Moto… if KTM made that bike brand-new would sell for $15,000… If another shop had ir used they would sell it for 10 grand… We sold it for $6995.
We don't make these bikes to sell to pay our bills…our core business model is that we are the largest use premium preowned motorcycle dealership in the state of Washington… We build these bikes for two reasons…
#1 - Im totally obsessed with motorcycles and I'll get done riding a bike and I'm always like… " this bike would've been perfect if they did this"
#2 - by listening to our customers… And getting feedback online… It provides that creative fuel to do one of my favorite things on earth which is to design a new motorcycle from scratch… So I guess reason number two is "IT's FUN"...sorry for the long kind of rambling description… But it's an effort to try to answer some of the questions that we get.... and for all of you with those positive comments…we put a lot of work into these bikes and we appreciate the positive feedback very much
gonemoto
8/16/2016 5:33pm
BQ's not really a shit talker. Just cracking a funny.
JWACK
8/16/2016 5:46pm
I tried to buy the rm 250 they claimed was a brand new build ready to go for 7000... Then the conversation changed to"" well we haven't built one yet and actually you would need to send us a rm 250 engine and a rmz roller and we could build it... Durp de dur"" and I was like ok. I'm not doing business with these folks.. True story.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
8/16/2016 6:02pm
gonemoto wrote:
BQ's not really a shit talker. Just cracking a funny.
Is there a difference? lol (I'm just talking shit or jk)Laughing
rrjr
8/16/2016 6:26pm
So where are they getting these "new generation of 300 2 stroke engines with electric start" from? They also must have some good connections to get Honda to sell them bare unused never built frames from a model they no longer produce.
JW381
8/16/2016 7:54pm
JWACK wrote:
I tried to buy the rm 250 they claimed was a brand new build ready to go for 7000... Then the conversation changed to"" well we...
I tried to buy the rm 250 they claimed was a brand new build ready to go for 7000... Then the conversation changed to"" well we haven't built one yet and actually you would need to send us a rm 250 engine and a rmz roller and we could build it... Durp de dur"" and I was like ok. I'm not doing business with these folks.. True story.
Wow thats incredibly disappointing. I thought they were hand building dream 2 strokes for serious buyers.
NHtoWA421
8/16/2016 8:23pm
I was down in Tacoma and stopped in their shop about a month back, they had their works replica cr250 in there for sale. It wasn't as clean as the online pic pics, but didn't look bad at all in my opinion. There were several rmz and ktm chassis in the back of the shop, so I'm surprised that they wanted/needed an rmz roller.
JWACK
8/16/2016 8:24pm
yep.. I would love a new tm 300 or ktm engine in a 17 Honda chassis. I just don't think it's going to come from them... They said they moved the air box forward on the old chassis.. I doubt that. Honda achieved this by moving the shock down on the new frame.. Anything is possible I suppose but HEY!! A down draft carbureted two stroke 250 or 300 sounds freakin delicious.!!! This just may have to happen....

Post a reply to: BQ365 late April fools joke?

The Latest