Bogle

RUTCITY
10/20/2015 10:20am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2015 10:48am
Any insight out there / any new thoughts / info as to where he may land?

The factory Yami effort that Reed may NOT be at?
|
moto0852
10/20/2015 10:24am
Honda 450 with GEICO under Honda tent.
RUTCITY
10/20/2015 10:26am
Crap. This may have been a brain fart.
I think i remember reading this in a prior thread last week!

Help! GuyB!Blink
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/20/2015 11:01am
moto0852 wrote:
I'm doubting it would be like Eli's situation, being under the Factory Honda team. I asked around the Honda team about that possibility at the end of Supercross season, and I was told it wouldn't happen. They would either retain Eli Tomac to make a three man team (which would have been bringing Eli as a HRC rider, no more Geico livery), or go forward with just Trey and Cole.
IWreckALot
10/20/2015 11:28am
moto0852 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I'm doubting it would be like Eli's situation, being under the Factory Honda team. I asked around the Honda team about that possibility at the end...
I'm doubting it would be like Eli's situation, being under the Factory Honda team. I asked around the Honda team about that possibility at the end of Supercross season, and I was told it wouldn't happen. They would either retain Eli Tomac to make a three man team (which would have been bringing Eli as a HRC rider, no more Geico livery), or go forward with just Trey and Cole.
So no news on the Bogle front? What teams have "openings"?

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/20/2015 11:34am
IWreckALot wrote:
Sounds like the MotoConcepts door has closed and the Yamaha thing is up in the air with Reed. I also think Justin isn't the only person hoping for that second spot at Yamaha, so it's not even a sure thing he gets the spot if the team happens.

At this point, he's in a bit of a pickle.
10/20/2015 11:39am
....could end up like Pourcel did...
...without a ride...
RUTCITY
10/20/2015 11:43am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2015 11:45am
...without a ride...
Did too well at last few nats to land without a ride imo. I bet you would agree with that dazzlindino

I should of gone to the quarry when i visited my parents in the 92688 when i was at the mxgp

maybe he was out checking out some rides. Guy B where is the test track drone @ when you need it

Probably in OK right now, send the spy drones.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/20/2015 11:47am
...without a ride...
RUTCITY wrote:
Did too well at last few nats to land without a ride imo. I bet you would agree with that dazzlindino I should of gone to...
Did too well at last few nats to land without a ride imo. I bet you would agree with that dazzlindino

I should of gone to the quarry when i visited my parents in the 92688 when i was at the mxgp

maybe he was out checking out some rides. Guy B where is the test track drone @ when you need it

Oddly enough, Christophe Pourcel ended up with the ride that reportedly Bogle's agent asked too much for. Blush
10/20/2015 11:55am
ML512 wrote:
Oddly enough, Christophe Pourcel ended up with the ride that reportedly Bogle's agent asked too much for. Blush
...and then there's that...
...not enough good rides avail...
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/20/2015 11:57am
Rough year to move up, as most guys signed multi-year deals last year. It's a really, really rough year if you were expecting a big contract as well.
RUTCITY
10/20/2015 11:58am
ML512 wrote:
That's a pretty serious revelation. Thanks Ml
IWreckALot
10/20/2015 12:00pm
IWreckALot wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Sounds like the MotoConcepts door has closed and the Yamaha thing is up in the air with Reed. I also think Justin isn't the only person...
Sounds like the MotoConcepts door has closed and the Yamaha thing is up in the air with Reed. I also think Justin isn't the only person hoping for that second spot at Yamaha, so it's not even a sure thing he gets the spot if the team happens.

What's preventing the reed deal from being finalized? Is it the dollars and cents only or is it more than that?
mx_phreek
Fantasy
242nd
10/20/2015 12:02pm
...without a ride...
RUTCITY wrote:
Did too well at last few nats to land without a ride imo. I bet you would agree with that dazzlindino I should of gone to...

ML512 wrote:
I heard his agent was asking silly money and a lot of teams went a different directions. Should of took a cut first year and made it up in the next year's deals
Lucifa.
10/20/2015 12:09pm
He would fit in well at Husky.
Roostermx58
10/20/2015 12:13pm
mx_phreek wrote:
I heard his agent was asking silly money and a lot of teams went a different directions. Should of took a cut first year and made...
I heard his agent was asking silly money and a lot of teams went a different directions. Should of took a cut first year and made it up in the next year's deals
If that's the case then he needs a new agent (his agent should have known all spots were filled and that one of these teams were his last shot for a ride). However it seems like there just aren't enough teams for the talent out there which is why this sport shouldn't be desirable for young and up-comers. Unless you are the best of the best, you are fighting for a ride every 2 years. I don't think id like to be job searching every 2 years.
MT MX
10/20/2015 12:21pm
Ooooohhhh Canada,................(Leading Edge)
HuskyEd
10/20/2015 12:38pm
Maybe ride MXGP for a year. Unsure
mb60
10/20/2015 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2015 12:46pm
Tough situation for Mr Bogle but I have always wondered what if ? He went out and bought a couple of 450's of his choice. Let's say Honda in this instance and got some of his old sponsors to hook him up. Race the first 6 rounds of sx on the Left coast and there is almost always someone who gets hurt. He could be first in line to take the spot if that happens.
Roostermx58
10/20/2015 12:55pm
mb60 wrote:
Tough situation for Mr Bogle but I have always wondered what if ? He went out and bought a couple of 450's of his choice. Let's...
Tough situation for Mr Bogle but I have always wondered what if ? He went out and bought a couple of 450's of his choice. Let's say Honda in this instance and got some of his old sponsors to hook him up. Race the first 6 rounds of sx on the Left coast and there is almost always someone who gets hurt. He could be first in line to take the spot if that happens.
Most of these riders say they love the sport but don't want to go out and do it on their own dime (I wouldn't want to pay to come to work with the possibility of injury). Cant imagine how expensive it would be for travel, race expenses, etc. Wonder what it would cost per race for a privateer with some support from sponsors?
Homey55
10/20/2015 2:01pm
ML512 wrote:
That's funny!

It was Christophe that was asking astronomical $$ from Kawi to ride with them at one time and he settled for Husky...now Bogle is learning the same lesson as Christophe, it seems.

It seems like they should have a better idea of what they are worth, rather than try and set a new pay scale in this economy.
bd
10/20/2015 2:08pm
According to PulpMX, its Geico colors under the HRC tent.
10/20/2015 2:14pm
ML512 wrote:
Rough year to move up, as most guys signed multi-year deals last year. It's a really, really rough year if you were expecting a big contract...
Rough year to move up, as most guys signed multi-year deals last year. It's a really, really rough year if you were expecting a big contract as well.
I had heard after the Indy National that Crossland has interest in getting Bogle, haven't heard anything since but they were supposed to be receiving some more help from Honda. Seems like that would be a good fit but not sure if it's still an option or not or if they are indeed going to receive additional help from Honda.
TeamGreen
10/20/2015 2:52pm
IWreckALot wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Sounds like the MotoConcepts door has closed and the Yamaha thing is up in the air with Reed. I also think Justin isn't the only person...

IWreckALot wrote:
What's preventing the reed deal from being finalized? Is it the dollars and cents only or is it more than that?
Timing
10/20/2015 3:24pm
bd wrote:
Does that mean he'll be on the Alias/6D deal as well, or will he be open for his own gear choices?
Mit12
10/20/2015 3:26pm
This is why I do not like the pointing out system or the FIM's age limit. Bogle would be wanted by every team in the 250 class but he can not find a ride on a 450. I guess he could take the road to and from Supercross where it is ok to stay in that series forever???? Which is something I do not understand.
bd
10/20/2015 3:41pm
bd wrote:
Does that mean he'll be on the Alias/6D deal as well, or will he be open for his own gear choices?
No idea. I am assuming own gear deal with very little factory salary. It will be good to have a few factory Honda racing. Any news on our favorite Swed rider?
danzig138
Fantasy
3975th
10/20/2015 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2015 4:44pm
I like that Bogle fella
Racerx930
10/20/2015 4:45pm
ML512 wrote:
Rough year to move up, as most guys signed multi-year deals last year. It's a really, really rough year if you were expecting a big contract...
RedRider28 wrote:
I had heard after the Indy National that Crossland has interest in getting Bogle, haven't heard anything since but they were supposed to be receiving some...
I had heard after the Indy National that Crossland has interest in getting Bogle, haven't heard anything since but they were supposed to be receiving some more help from Honda. Seems like that would be a good fit but not sure if it's still an option or not or if they are indeed going to receive additional help from Honda.
All true, but not going to happen.
10/20/2015 5:28pm
bd wrote:
No idea. I am assuming own gear deal with very little factory salary. It will be good to have a few factory Honda racing. Any news...
No idea. I am assuming own gear deal with very little factory salary. It will be good to have a few factory Honda racing. Any news on our favorite Swed rider?
Is that Tonus? I haven't heard anything
Sully
10/20/2015 5:37pm
bd wrote:
No idea. I am assuming own gear deal with very little factory salary. It will be good to have a few factory Honda racing. Any news...
Is that Tonus? I haven't heard anything
I think he's referring to Freddie Noren.

Hopefully Bogle can find a team with a decent salary, but heavy bonuses. Michael, you said he wasn't the only guy up for the Yamaha ride. Who else is left to sign?

Post a reply to: Bogle

The Latest