BLM and e-bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2020 3:17 PM

I just stumbled across this while looking for spots to camp this coming weekend.

https://www.blm.gov/press-release/blm-seeks-public-comment-proposed-e-bike-regulations

I'll definitely send them a letter supporting e-bikes on MTB trails. If you haven't tried a class-1 ebike then you really don't know what you're missing.

|

4/20/2020 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2020 6:19 PM

|

4/20/2020 6:24 PM

This is a super hot-button issue in the MTB community.

Curious to see the responses.

|

4/20/2020 8:33 PM

I ride a regular mtb, and I have no issue at all w/E-bikes on the same trails. Most of the time you can't even tell (except when grandpa blows by you on a hard climb...lol).

I ride all the time, and I can't stand elitist ass clowns that thumb their nose at anyone that has fun differently than them....

|

4/20/2020 8:54 PM

I ride both. Same work out, but I'll admit I have more fun on the E bike... Faster, cover way more miles, and hill climb like you're on a dirt bike! It's now just as fun uphill as downhill.

I posted a positive comment.

|

4/20/2020 9:11 PM

ridermx28 wrote:

I ride both. Same work out, but I'll admit I have more fun on the E bike... Faster, cover way more miles, and hill climb like ...more

Same here ! I’m going to sell my $10K XC hard tail though, I am too stoked on my Pivot and haven’t ridden the XC bike in months

|