BETA Sachs zf forks?

dirtmike86
7/14/2020 3:55pm
Has anyone had any good results with these? They are on the bike I just bought. I resprung them for my weight and still were too soft. Added oil. Still too soft. I'm probably going to just buy some KYBs but I wanted to see what could be done temporarily.
|
7/14/2020 4:09pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
Has anyone had any good results with these? They are on the bike I just bought. I resprung them for my weight and still were too...
Has anyone had any good results with these? They are on the bike I just bought. I resprung them for my weight and still were too soft. Added oil. Still too soft. I'm probably going to just buy some KYBs but I wanted to see what could be done temporarily.
I would try to track down the race team through your dealer.
dirtmike86
7/14/2020 4:21pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
Has anyone had any good results with these? They are on the bike I just bought. I resprung them for my weight and still were too...
Does the race team use the sachs? I have the dual sport but the race edition comes with kyb.
Tuna
7/14/2020 4:37pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
Does the race team use the sachs? I have the dual sport but the race edition comes with kyb.
What year? They are a soft fork. There are some shops and tuners in the US that can make them better. The 2020 and 21’s are better but they are no KYB.
kr
7/14/2020 4:39pm
If you wanna personal message me I can put you in contact with someone that was the suspension guy for the race team and byob bikes.

The Shop

dirtmike86
7/14/2020 4:41pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
Tuna wrote:
What year? They are a soft fork. There are some shops and tuners in the US that can make them better. The 2020 and 21’s are...
What year? They are a soft fork. There are some shops and tuners in the US that can make them better. The 2020 and 21’s are better but they are no KYB.
It's a 2020 RRS
TallonT911
7/14/2020 5:34pm
I work at a beta dealer/racetech center..
The RaceTech kit will convert it back to rebound on top/compression on bottom so you won’t blow through the stroke as easily
Also have a set of used Marzochi forks we can sell.
dirtmike86
7/14/2020 5:56pm
TallonT911 wrote:
I work at a beta dealer/racetech center.. The RaceTech kit will convert it back to rebound on top/compression on bottom so you won’t blow through the...
The RaceTech kit will convert it back to rebound on top/compression on bottom so you won’t blow through the stroke as easily
I just dont want to dump any money and them not be good enough. These aren't as bad as the 4cs ihad in 16 which I still have nightmares about. I cant get the first initial part of the stroke to hold up. They dont bottom but it's not what Iam used to. I guess my real question is are they worth keeping or just swapping?
endurox
7/15/2020 11:44am
TallonT911 wrote:
I work at a beta dealer/racetech center.. The RaceTech kit will convert it back to rebound on top/compression on bottom so you won’t blow through the...
dirtmike86 wrote:
I just dont want to dump any money and them not be good enough. These aren't as bad as the 4cs ihad in 16 which I...
I just dont want to dump any money and them not be good enough. These aren't as bad as the 4cs ihad in 16 which I still have nightmares about. I cant get the first initial part of the stroke to hold up. They dont bottom but it's not what Iam used to. I guess my real question is are they worth keeping or just swapping?
I revalved a set for a guy a few years ago. Nothing special about them. The factory must have been low on shims that day. I side had just a few shims and the other was close to normal. The 7mm ID is the issue with the Sachs forks. They might have gone to 8mm now.
Johnny Depp
7/15/2020 7:26pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
But at that price wouldnt it be worth just ordering the kyb through Beta for $1300?
$1300 for new KYB’s is great 👍. The Lucky’s are about performance whereas a fork swap is more about durability. Both can benefit from a revalve or DIY drop ins.

Post a reply to: BETA Sachs zf forks?

The Latest