MX369
Edited Date/Time 8/23/2022 6:55pm
Video is out there. seen it
|
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
8/22/2022 5:08pm
He's screwed others, so karma caught up with him.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
8/22/2022 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2022 5:09pm
MX369 wrote:
In most cases, video tells the whole story. Not in this case. This POV a doesn’t tell the whole story.

Regardless of being forced off track, you can’t cut the corner, hold the gas on and obliterate who just passed you.

He lost his mind like usual and resorted to being a dipshit. Again.
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
8/22/2022 5:12pm
ACBraap wrote:
I don’t mind Barcia but I do agree with this logic.

Any other rider wouldn’t have been DQd I believe.
Jtommr
8/22/2022 5:20pm
The problem Barcia has, is he no longer receives any benefit of the doubt, and he only has himself to blame for that.

The Shop

Moto Nomad
8/22/2022 5:23pm
Barcia's strategy is to take down anybody that passes him, if you call that a strategy.
mx313
8/22/2022 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2022 1:56am
MX369 wrote:
Regis wrote:
In most cases, video tells the whole story. Not in this case. This POV a doesn’t tell the whole story. Regardless of being forced off track...
In most cases, video tells the whole story. Not in this case. This POV a doesn’t tell the whole story.

Regardless of being forced off track, you can’t cut the corner, hold the gas on and obliterate who just passed you.

From my view point. He was bumped off the track and had no other option but to cut the corner. Or smash straight into the yellow marker. He couldn't have stopped in time to not cut the corner.
He did not accelerate. He panic reved in the air on the dirt mounds on the track edges.
Then he did a standard block pass on ferrandis.

From ferrandis comments it sounded like he passed bam on the corner b4.
Then bam pinned it down the inside of the track, cut the corner and t-boned him.

From watching the video bams side is closer to the truth then ferrandis.
Do I think bam is 100% innocent no. But all he did wrong was coming back onto ferrandis line at the very end. Everything b4 was a racing incident.
8/22/2022 5:34pm
Was Barcia alone with the AMA and MX sports officials when the penalty was handed down? Seems there maybe a pattern forming here with Yamaha and MX-AMA Sports
Not-a-Fan
8/22/2022 5:43pm
Why another thread. Didn't want your 6 word post to get lost in a sea of other posts?
motomike137
8/22/2022 5:51pm
I was just about to post this thread. I haven't seen a SHRED of evidence that would warrant him being DQ'd. If anything it looks like Ferrandis ran/crowed Justin off the track on the jump/dropoff leading to the corner and Barcia just stayed in it and played bumper cars with him. There was no frigging T Bone and Dylan is just whining. Ferrandis doesn't exactly have a squeaky clean resume either. What a screw job. I hop Bam Bam bam bams the heck out of Ferrandis every chance he gets.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
8/22/2022 6:11pm
I was just about to post this thread. I haven't seen a SHRED of evidence that would warrant him being DQ'd. If anything it looks like...
I was just about to post this thread. I haven't seen a SHRED of evidence that would warrant him being DQ'd. If anything it looks like Ferrandis ran/crowed Justin off the track on the jump/dropoff leading to the corner and Barcia just stayed in it and played bumper cars with him. There was no frigging T Bone and Dylan is just whining. Ferrandis doesn't exactly have a squeaky clean resume either. What a screw job. I hop Bam Bam bam bams the heck out of Ferrandis every chance he gets.
From the gopro, that incident alone isn't worth a dq... but he is on probation. I can see that being the culmination of his earlier moves on Bogle, Anderson, and Mookie.
Leave Us To
8/22/2022 6:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2022 6:18pm
davis224 wrote:
From the gopro, that incident alone isn't worth a dq... but he is on probation. I can see that being the culmination of his earlier moves...
From the gopro, that incident alone isn't worth a dq... but he is on probation. I can see that being the culmination of his earlier moves on Bogle, Anderson, and Mookie.
Correct assessment. To the poster who said any other rider wouldn't have gotten DQ'd, if any other rider had done the dick moves Bam Bam has pulled this season, hell yes they'd gotten DQ'd. It's about the AMA stepped up. So weak the AMA let him keep his 3rd place SLC finish after taking Mookie out WHILE he was on probation. Bam Bam should be DQ from the series. Mark my words this BS will continue until Bam Bam injures someone seriously which might actually be his warped logic. He's really making a concentrated effort to be a dick on the track.

The guy is too good of a racer, especially in the mud, to be pulling this stuff at this point in his career. If I was DeCoster, I wouldn't have him on my brands in 2023.
bvm111
8/22/2022 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2022 6:24pm
He at no point “cut the track” and he didn’t “T bone anyone” if he did you would see it clearly in the video mounted to the front of his motorcycle as a “”T Bone” move indicates a somewhat perpendicular hit utilizing the front wheel at the point of impact.
Crush
8/22/2022 6:26pm
Agree it's not that bad, but he's on probation still right?

Isn't it as simple as that?
bvm111
8/22/2022 6:27pm
i’m not sure if that carrie’s over from SX to MX?
Gravel
8/22/2022 6:42pm
ACBraap wrote:
This is the right answer.
mb60
8/22/2022 6:45pm
Who cares at this point. His act is tired and he can't win.
MX315mx
8/22/2022 6:53pm
Can Dylan claim Barcia’s bike at any point in the DQ process? For real though He does have the rep BUT in this case I say Not guilty!!! #Freebambam
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
8/22/2022 7:03pm
Who gives a flying fuck. It’s 9 incidents late on the DQ. He’s way out of the title fight as this years been terrible for him. At least he won last year!! So yeah I’m fine with it. The points won’t be missed
Cashmore
8/22/2022 8:25pm
ACBraap wrote:
The same could be said for Dylan. It seems Karma has caught up to both of them.

gregyou
8/22/2022 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2022 9:08pm
Sounds like Antonio got screwed by barcia
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
8/22/2022 9:12pm
ACBraap wrote:
Gravel wrote:
This is the right answer.
So I guess it would be the same karma catching up with Ferrandis, right? Or does karma have favorites?
dv12.com
Fantasy
148th
8/22/2022 9:45pm
MX369 wrote:
Regis wrote:
In most cases, video tells the whole story. Not in this case. This POV a doesn’t tell the whole story. Regardless of being forced off track...

Disclaimer: I haven't worked with/for Dylan since press day before Pala the day he hurt his thumb

I'm with you, Andy.

To be honest, I don't understand how this video changes people's mind about Barcia action...

1. He gets passed clean from the inside in an off camber

2. He could've let off, braked instead of forcing the issue. Dylan made the pass.

3. He knows the track and where he was and by forcing the issue that would put him super tight, or in this case off the track, for the next turn

4. He jumps off the track inside the yellow marker. He had another opportunity to jump on the brakes but decided to keep his momentum to make a counter attack.

5. He went straight to the exit of the corner to make the pass. Once again, he just cut the track or went off the track, put it the way you want, and went to the exit of the corner to pass someone. Cutting the track to go block pass someone isn't very allowed and it's very dangerous... There's no way Dylan knew Barcia was gonna do that because he squeezed the inside and left no room for a counter attack

6. I've ridden there before. I've raced Budds Creek many times. I took that turn many times. I can put myself on that turn with someone doing what Barcia did and I can put myself making the turn like Dylan did. I can assure you if you'd see a drone footage of this action, you'd be like, WTF was he thinking!
Bruce372
8/22/2022 9:58pm
Reap what you sow.

Self fulfilling prophecy.

Common denominator.

Such is life.
TMV
8/23/2022 12:12am
dv12.com wrote:
[i]Disclaimer: I haven't worked with/for Dylan since press day before Pala the day he hurt his thumb[/I] I'm with you, Andy. To be honest, I don't...
Disclaimer: I haven't worked with/for Dylan since press day before Pala the day he hurt his thumb

I'm with you, Andy.

To be honest, I don't understand how this video changes people's mind about Barcia action...

2. He could've let off, braked instead of forcing the issue. Dylan made the pass.

3. He knows the track and where he was and by forcing the issue that would put him super tight, or in this case off the track, for the next turn

4. He jumps off the track inside the yellow marker. He had another opportunity to jump on the brakes but decided to keep his momentum to make a counter attack.

5. He went straight to the exit of the corner to make the pass. Once again, he just cut the track or went off the track, put it the way you want, and went to the exit of the corner to pass someone. Cutting the track to go block pass someone isn't very allowed and it's very dangerous... There's no way Dylan knew Barcia was gonna do that because he squeezed the inside and left no room for a counter attack

6. I've ridden there before. I've raced Budds Creek many times. I took that turn many times. I can put myself on that turn with someone doing what Barcia did and I can put myself making the turn like Dylan did. I can assure you if you'd see a drone footage of this action, you'd be like, WTF was he thinking!
I do agree, I just can"t understand why people change their mind only watching this footage, it dosen't prove anything.

I suppose there are people all around the tracks and they've probably seen things they judged wrong and took their responsabilities so there must have been more than what this poorly placed cam shows.
CPR
8/23/2022 1:20am
MX369 wrote:
Regis wrote:

dv12.com wrote:
[i]Disclaimer: I haven't worked with/for Dylan since press day before Pala the day he hurt his thumb[/I] I'm with you, Andy. To be honest, I don't...

I'm with you, Andy.

I nearly always agree with your takes DV, but I think a little bias has set in with this one:

“1. He gets passed clean….” You can’t see that from the GoPro footage or any other images presented so far. If anything, the footage makes it look like Dylan bumps Barcia off the track. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

From what we’ve seen so far, it’s inconclusive and unless an AMA official witnessed what happened firsthand, then it doesn’t appear to be a DQ worthy offence.

Although Barcia’s had enough accumulated offences to earn a DQ every second weekend 😂
Shaft721
8/23/2022 2:06am
MX369 wrote:
Regis wrote:

The video does tell the whole story your biased opinion on the situation is skewing what you see.

Dylan’s bumps barcia off track. Barcia re renters an off camber corner with speed from the bump, goes for the berm where traction is. Hits Dylan. Racing incident, that’s it.

Barcia is Dylan’s scapegoat for his lackluster performance so far.
ARM670
8/23/2022 3:22am
Was Barcia alone with the AMA and MX sports officials when the penalty was handed down? Seems there maybe a pattern forming here with Yamaha and...
Was Barcia alone with the AMA and MX sports officials when the penalty was handed down? Seems there maybe a pattern forming here with Yamaha and MX-AMA Sports
I was thinking the same thing, Did Tim Cotter take him in a room and ask him "what was your intentions".

Post a reply to: BAM BAM GOT SCREWED

The Latest