BAM BAM!

motomike137
Edited Date/Time 1/7/2019 5:49am
Congratulations to Justin! He was money when it counted last night. We might just be seeing the guy we all knew he could be in this sport when he hit the big bikes. The podium finishers are the three guys that I felt will ultimately be fighting for this title. I hope I'm right Smile
|
1/6/2019 7:31am
To win a race like that you need to be patient, have a stable and reliable bike and good goggles.
He has a YZ and Scott goggles so there is that. However for him to execute such a calm and clever race was a real surprise! Great job, congrats!!
1/6/2019 7:39am
Congrats to Justin ! He really rode solid last night ! I see him in the title hunt if he stays injury free. His starts are so good and we know how he is a tough guy to pass
wfoskir
1/6/2019 7:40am
Happy to see Barcia win.
Kenny Lingus
1/6/2019 7:43am
He looked good in the dry and in the mud. Calm, cool and collected. That win was no fluke.

The Shop

Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
1/6/2019 8:15am
Roczen started getting close, and Old Bam Bam would have probably gotten rattled and make mistakes trying too hard.. Not now. I think his Psychology Masters Degree Wife is a very positive influence in his life.Great ride Justin!!
1/6/2019 9:33am
Yeah, he looked good. He deserved the win, but for some reason, the podium interview rubbed me the wrong way. "I'm so proud of myself for..." Sounds like a comment from someone accustomed to participation trophies. He executed, he deserved the win, so I'll definitely give him props for that, but he should NEVER say "I'm so proud of myself" again.
1/6/2019 9:54am
Yeah, he looked good. He deserved the win, but for some reason, the podium interview rubbed me the wrong way. "I'm so proud of myself for..."...
Yeah, he looked good. He deserved the win, but for some reason, the podium interview rubbed me the wrong way. "I'm so proud of myself for..." Sounds like a comment from someone accustomed to participation trophies. He executed, he deserved the win, so I'll definitely give him props for that, but he should NEVER say "I'm so proud of myself" again.
If there’s nothing to complain about, someone will find something to complain about.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
1/6/2019 9:57am
Strong ride... he pulled solidly away from KR until he let off and cruised in the last few laps. That JB last night was in complete control of that race in my opinion.
1/6/2019 11:37am
Yeah, he looked good. He deserved the win, but for some reason, the podium interview rubbed me the wrong way. "I'm so proud of myself for..."...
If there’s nothing to complain about, someone will find something to complain about.
Isn't that the Vitard way? Laughing

Your avatar is Hannah. Do you think Hannah would ever say something so cringeworthy? I would like for the heroes of our sport to sound like heroes, not snowflakes. I've seen how JB rides. And what he's done to achieve an amazing comeback. He's been down, but he's worked hard to get to where he is now. I don't think that he is, in any way, a snowflake. An asshole, sometimes, but hey, sometimes that's the only way to make a pass. But if I only knew him from that podium interview, I'd have a completely different opinion of him.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
1/6/2019 5:45pm
barsha barsha barsha
Monk
1/6/2019 5:52pm
Only concern I had was he started celebrating a little early, especially before the last corner. Conditions were so slippery and unpredictable it wouldn't have taken much of a loss of concentration to cause a tip-over.

Other then that, perfect ride IMO...
joeellis
1/6/2019 6:12pm
There were many feel good stories last night. Barcia deserved the win. He started near the front, remained calm and took a great win. I hope we have an unusual year in which there are at least 10 different riders on the podium.
sandman768
1/6/2019 6:45pm
good on Yamaha for giving him a chance and good on him for not quitting.....One more guy fighting for wins only going to make the races better.....
Crush
1/6/2019 7:08pm
You can't be proud of yourself in 2019?
motomike137
1/6/2019 7:25pm
Crush wrote:
You can't be proud of yourself in 2019?
He's a "privileged" factory rider. He should be ashamed of it Wink
uk125250
1/6/2019 8:24pm
Why?
H4L
1/6/2019 8:48pm
Congrats to JB. He's earned a factory ride again & seems to have matured in the process. He appears ready to challenge for the 19 SX title.
ctbale
1/7/2019 1:41am
I predicted him to win A1 on two separate threads this last week ... I am so proud of myself.

He will take the win in Glendale also.
Helda
1/7/2019 1:47am
When was the last time Yamaha won a 450sx? 2013, 2011?
Ray_MXS
1/7/2019 1:55am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2019 1:56am
Helda wrote:
When was the last time Yamaha won a 450sx? 2013, 2011?
From what I can see its James Stewart in Daytona on march 10th, 2012.
Turbojez
1/7/2019 5:35am
Great run by Justin, I had a gut feeling he will be a black horse this season.

One thing that always seemed very interesting to me, how can the guy who revs the bike like crazy be that good in very slippery conditions?
I am pretty sure Justin stays lower in the RPMs nowadays, but he was always good in the mud, even when he used to rev his bikes to the moon.
DPR250R
1/7/2019 5:43am
Turbojez wrote:
Great run by Justin, I had a gut feeling he will be a black horse this season. One thing that always seemed very interesting to me...

One thing that always seemed very interesting to me, how can the guy who revs the bike like crazy be that good in very slippery conditions?
I am pretty sure Justin stays lower in the RPMs nowadays, but he was always good in the mud, even when he used to rev his bikes to the moon.
Part of his amateur career was spent in New York state. It can get pretty muddy at times.
kb228
1/7/2019 5:49am
Ever since i found this meme on here, i was determined to give it to that one special guy who deserved it. I hope youre proud of yourself.
sandman768
1/7/2019 5:53am
Turbojez wrote:
Great run by Justin, I had a gut feeling he will be a black horse this season. One thing that always seemed very interesting to me...

DPR250R wrote:
Part of his amateur career was spent in New York state. It can get pretty muddy at times.
Beat me to it! Channeled his inner Walden, Ace, Diamond back memories....
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
1/7/2019 6:01am
His cornering speed is impressive. Mentally he looks good. Serious candidate for the title.

Post a reply to: BAM BAM!

The Latest