BAM BAM!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2019 7:22 AM

Congratulations to Justin! He was money when it counted last night. We might just be seeing the guy we all knew he could be in this sport when he hit the big bikes. The podium finishers are the three guys that I felt will ultimately be fighting for this title. I hope I'm right smile

|

1/6/2019 7:31 AM

To win a race like that you need to be patient, have a stable and reliable bike and good goggles.
He has a YZ and Scott goggles so there is that. However for him to execute such a calm and clever race was a real surprise! Great job, congrats!!

|

1/6/2019 7:39 AM

Congrats to Justin ! He really rode solid last night ! I see him in the title hunt if he stays injury free. His starts are so good and we know how he is a tough guy to pass

|

1/6/2019 7:40 AM

Happy to see Barcia win.

|

1/6/2019 7:43 AM

He looked good in the dry and in the mud. Calm, cool and collected. That win was no fluke.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

1/6/2019 8:15 AM

Roczen started getting close, and Old Bam Bam would have probably gotten rattled and make mistakes trying too hard.. Not now. I think his Psychology Masters Degree Wife is a very positive influence in his life.Great ride Justin!!

|

Name withheld... Esquire

1/6/2019 9:33 AM

Yeah, he looked good. He deserved the win, but for some reason, the podium interview rubbed me the wrong way. "I'm so proud of myself for..." Sounds like a comment from someone accustomed to participation trophies. He executed, he deserved the win, so I'll definitely give him props for that, but he should NEVER say "I'm so proud of myself" again.

|

1/6/2019 9:54 AM

2WheelPilot wrote:

Yeah, he looked good. He deserved the win, but for some reason, the podium interview rubbed me the wrong way. "I'm so proud of ...more

If there’s nothing to complain about, someone will find something to complain about.

|

1/6/2019 9:57 AM

Strong ride... he pulled solidly away from KR until he let off and cruised in the last few laps. That JB last night was in complete control of that race in my opinion.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

1/6/2019 11:37 AM

2WheelPilot wrote:

Yeah, he looked good. He deserved the win, but for some reason, the podium interview rubbed me the wrong way. "I'm so proud of ...more

theprizefighter wrote:

If there’s nothing to complain about, someone will find something to complain about.

Isn't that the Vitard way? laughing

Your avatar is Hannah. Do you think Hannah would ever say something so cringeworthy? I would like for the heroes of our sport to sound like heroes, not snowflakes. I've seen how JB rides. And what he's done to achieve an amazing comeback. He's been down, but he's worked hard to get to where he is now. I don't think that he is, in any way, a snowflake. An asshole, sometimes, but hey, sometimes that's the only way to make a pass. But if I only knew him from that podium interview, I'd have a completely different opinion of him.

|

1/6/2019 5:45 PM

barsha barsha barsha
Photo
|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

1/6/2019 5:52 PM

Only concern I had was he started celebrating a little early, especially before the last corner. Conditions were so slippery and unpredictable it wouldn't have taken much of a loss of concentration to cause a tip-over.

Other then that, perfect ride IMO...

|

1/6/2019 6:12 PM

There were many feel good stories last night. Barcia deserved the win. He started near the front, remained calm and took a great win. I hope we have an unusual year in which there are at least 10 different riders on the podium.

|

Honda Rules!

1/6/2019 6:45 PM

good on Yamaha for giving him a chance and good on him for not quitting.....One more guy fighting for wins only going to make the races better.....

|

1/6/2019 7:08 PM

2WheelPilot wrote:

You can't be proud of yourself in 2019?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/6/2019 7:25 PM

2WheelPilot wrote:

Crush wrote:

You can't be proud of yourself in 2019?

He's a "privileged" factory rider. He should be ashamed of it wink

|

1/6/2019 8:24 PM

2WheelPilot wrote:

Why?

|

1/6/2019 8:48 PM

Congrats to JB. He's earned a factory ride again & seems to have matured in the process. He appears ready to challenge for the 19 SX title.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

1/6/2019 8:59 PM

Shouldn’t “Bam Bam” be spelled “Bamm Bamm”?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

1/7/2019 1:41 AM

2WheelPilot wrote:

I predicted him to win A1 on two separate threads this last week ... I am so proud of myself.

He will take the win in Glendale also.

|

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

1/7/2019 1:47 AM

When was the last time Yamaha won a 450sx? 2013, 2011?

|

1/7/2019 1:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2019 1:56 AM

Helda wrote:

When was the last time Yamaha won a 450sx? 2013, 2011?

From what I can see its James Stewart in Daytona on march 10th, 2012.

|

1/7/2019 5:35 AM

Great run by Justin, I had a gut feeling he will be a black horse this season.

One thing that always seemed very interesting to me, how can the guy who revs the bike like crazy be that good in very slippery conditions?
I am pretty sure Justin stays lower in the RPMs nowadays, but he was always good in the mud, even when he used to rev his bikes to the moon.

|

1/7/2019 5:43 AM

Turbojez wrote:

One thing that always seemed very interesting ...more

Part of his amateur career was spent in New York state. It can get pretty muddy at times.

|

1/7/2019 5:49 AM

2WheelPilot wrote:

Ever since i found this meme on here, i was determined to give it to that one special guy who deserved it. I hope youre proud of yourself. Photo

|

1/7/2019 5:53 AM

Turbojez wrote:

One thing that always seemed very interesting ...more

DPR250R wrote:

Part of his amateur career was spent in New York state. It can get pretty muddy at times.

Beat me to it! Channeled his inner Walden, Ace, Diamond back memories....

|

1/7/2019 6:01 AM

His cornering speed is impressive. Mentally he looks good. Serious candidate for the title.

|